Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

They ay happy down the Albooin

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You reap what you sow. They’ve had a long list of dinosaur/anti football types as manager for a long time that we simply wouldn’t have put up with at Molineux. The fans only have themselves to blame for letting it happen.

They have, which is why I find it weird that some of them think they are a club who should be playing silky football, only Mowbray has played what I would consider remotely silky football and even his style wasn't all that

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have, which is why I find it weird that some of them think they are a club who should be playing silky football, only Mowbray has played what I would consider remotely silky football and even his style wasn't all that
I have this all the time with my mates who support that lot. These always talk of playing “the Albion way” whatever that means because of my 35 years of watching football all I can remember is them playing a load of defensive hoof ball for 90% of that time

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes.

Brucie reminds me of Ralph Malph.

Come to think of it, Bruno looks like Fonzie's love-child.

(Mixers under 50? It was a TV programme - in the days when HD actually stood for Happy Days)
Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day,
Rockin all week with you

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
You reap what you sow. They’ve had a long list of dinosaur/anti football types as manager for a long time that we simply wouldn’t have put up with at Molineux. The fans only have themselves to blame for letting it happen.
To be fair to them a few years back I was in a pub in Halesowen and there was talk of a strongly worded letter of protest, I think that's still the intention, however, the search to find someone who can write it remains ongoing.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have this all the time with my mates who support that lot. These always talk of playing “the Albion way” whatever that means because of my 35 years of watching football all I can remember is them playing a load of defensive hoof ball for 90% of that time
You've got to go back a lot further than that! I think they are referring to the Halcyon days of Cyrille Regis, Brendon Batson, Laurie Cunningham or even Asa Hartford and Jeff Astle! Clive Clark and Bobby Cram anyone? That was when I was a lad, and I'm 73!

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday, what a day,
Rockin all week with you

Saturday, what a day,
Bruno; we're winning with you

These days are Laaaaagggeee
These Happy Days

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've got to go back a lot further than that! I think they are referring to the Halcyon days of Cyrille Regis, Brendon Batson, Laurie Cunningham or even Asa Hartford and Jeff Astle! Clive Clark and Bobby Cram anyone? That was when I was a lad, and I'm 73!
That’s always my point to them as they’re all similar age to me (early 40s) so certainly not old enough to have watched any of those. It’d be like be waxing lyrical about Knowles, Broadbent etc without ever seeing them play. Though I did used to do some work with Bobby Thompson for a decade and he was an absolute gentleman.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many fingers (or toes) to hold the pen properly???
I reckon the name "Albion" is a corruption of "Anne Boleyn", Henry 8th's second Queen, who allegedly had six fingers on her right hand...

... and was also extremely bad at football, in particular heading (following her execution).

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love that Albion fan that keeps going on about Darlaston silky passing and them playing better football and he prefers to go and watch them instead of the baggies. Yes folks better football in the West midlands regional league than Championship West Bromwich Albion.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As a teenager I lived in Streetly, and Bobby Hope lived fairly close to us. Now he may have been an Albion player, but he was a very good player. He was an inside forward and was part of the Albion team that won the FA cup in 1968. And I must be honest, they had a good team back then with the likes of Bobby Hope, Graham Williams, Tony Brown and Jeff Astle in their team.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a teenager I lived in Streetly, and Bobby Hope lived fairly close to us. Now he may have been an Albion player, but he was a very good player. He was an inside forward and was part of the Albion team that won the FA cup in 1968. And I must be honest, they had a good team back then with the likes of Bobby Hope, Graham Williams, Tony Brown and Jeff Astle in their team.
Bomber Brown was, as they say, a "unit".

Saw him shopping in the old BHS store in the Mander Centre, and I still swear that he was as wide as he was tall. Good player though, as was Bobby Hope.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bomber Brown was, as they say, a "unit".

Saw him shopping in the old BHS store in the Mander Centre, and I still swear that he was as wide as he was tall. Good player though, as was Bobby Hope.
Great player. One of West Midland greats who played once for England (Viz King John) who would have played lots of times had he played for Spurs, Leeds etc. Great goal scorer although not really a striker.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not to mention Ken Foggo and Mickey Fudge...

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Not to mention Ken Foggo and Mickey Fudge...
A Foggo of Fudge
Is just enough to give your kids a treat
A Foggo of Fudge
Is just enough until it’s time to eat
They’re inbred Albion winkers
With hardly any teeth
A Foggo of Fudge
Is just enough till you can get home and nail your sister

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes, when I have squeezed out a number two, I find myself looking down on my freshly-laid brown egg. Sometimes it is happily bobbing around but other times (perhaps on occasions when it exited in an urgent yet smooth motion) it may find itself tall and proud enough to be partially sticking out of the water. I look down and I feel cleansed and glad that it is time to flush it away.

Nowadays I call this "doing an Albion".

On that note I officially retire myself as a dubious contributor to this thread. I feel I have seen all that I need to see here. What a lovely Friday and what a time to be alive my friends?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heard they’re keeping dinosaur Bruce. Love it, nothing screams consigned to the champ and lower than Steve Bruce.
Thats great news! He has turned them from play off Championship, to mid table Championship.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom