Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Superted

1. Superted

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

Yeah but if we've had contact with the selling club(s) and we know the price we're likely to get and we know that means we'd have to pay Angers more than £10m then we'd have to activate the buy-out before the sale is agreed/completed. The only reason I can see this wouldn't happen is if we'd...
  2. Superted

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

I thought is was 50% of the profit over £10m but we could buy out the sell-on clause for £10m at any point. I assume the buy out would have to be done before any deal to sell him is finalised because otherwise the clause is pointless. I'd want to at least try and get some of the cost of the...
  3. Superted

The 85% cap on player spending

I much prefer an annual assessment as it should be much simpler to understand. What I'm less clear on is how UEFA will deal with clubs that have qualified for European competitions. The PL can assess the clubs accounts for any given season and apply sanctions in the following season (or, if...
  4. Superted

VAR 2023-24

I really can't understand the panel's position. It's common practice for an attacking player to put one or more men on the keeper at a corner with the express intention of disrupting their ability to catch the ball or save any subsequent attempt on goal. Are they now saying that all the...
  5. Superted

FA charge GON

See, to me, "subjective" means that an argument can be made either way and the context is that the fact the decision was made in real time on first look, without the benefit of hindsight. VAR is there solely to give hindsight, but that is only useful if you can clearly demonstrate that in the...
  6. Superted

Everton, surely a points deduction?

I think the squad cost rules have some merit, but if we're truly looking for sustainability then why do we allow losses at all, never mind £35M per year on average? I think the squad cost allowance should be "up to" 85% of turnover provided that the club doesn't make a loss. If it does, then...
  7. Superted

FA charge GON

So according to PGMOL they literally re-refereed that passage of play, which is exactly what it felt like at the time. Despite the fact we're consistently told that is not what VAR is supposed to be there for. Wonderful. Why don't we just play without a referee then he can just watch a replay...
  8. Superted

MoTD tonight

My issue isn't that Chirewa was in an offside position or that Fabianski's view may have been impeded. It's the fact that both the ref and the linesman had a clear view of Chirewa and his position relative to Fabianski in real time and they awarded the goal on the field. Harrington then took...
  9. Superted

JONZY54- Ref Watch v West Ham

I can't think of one other incident ever where a goal scored with one touch directly from a corner has been disallowed for offside because of an attacking player who happens to be in an "offside" position while being near the keeper from the initial corner.
  10. Superted

West Ham United Football Club verdict

..... And one other thing. Let's say Kilman had slipped his marker, made a run into an "offside" position slightly behind Chirewa, before he headed the ball? Chirewa is then blocking the keeper from the corner but isn't the player that touches the ball. Is that now offside even though he's...
  11. Superted

West Ham United Football Club verdict

The more I think about it, the more unfair the decision becomes. Chirewa is perfectly entitled to be stood where he is from the initial corner because as we all know, you can't be offside directly from a corner kick. He then has about a second until the ball reaches the 6-yard box. In that...
  12. Superted

JONZY54- Ref Watch v West Ham

If this is offside what stops a team employing a deliberate tactic of playing an offside line then the keeper quickly moving behind an opposition player so he can't see the ball then claiming his view was obstructed by the opposition player? They'd never concede a goal from a corner again right?
  13. Superted

Wolves v West Ham United comms thread.

It's yet another example of similar incidents not being treated consistently but we're the ones who have the goal ruled out whereas the others have been given (Man City and Akanji springs to mind) We'll probably find out in the week that PGMOL have issued new guidance to refs around this type...
  14. Superted

I can also see why they've disallowed it. The issue is that it could also have been allowed under the laws. As it wasn't disallowed initially on the field, what was it about the circumstances that then meant VAR felt it worth another look and Harrington felt he needed to change his mind? It...
  15. Superted

It does on the basis as that should be one of the factors considered when deciding whether or not Chirewa is "interfering" with play. He wasn't considered to be in real time but then on review, he was, but was the on-field decision (or lack of it) so egregious that the decision should have been...
Back
Top Bottom