Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Macman

1. Macman

Today’s Games 2023-2024

And if we had beaten France and set up that semi final vs Morocco - they whole nation would be gearing up for a World Cup Final appearance.... a Wolves v Coventry scenario....
  2. Macman

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Yes! I remember that episode. They tried to avoid the score of England v Bulgaria - and all they saw was 'England F...' They thought is was 'England Four' or 'England Five'... and it turned out to be 'England Flooded off - game postponed' :)
  3. Macman

Today’s Games 2023-2024

As a kid, I used to wait up on a Wednesday night to watch Sportsnight with Harry Carpenter, deliberately avoiding the England score so it was a surprise when I watched it. Of course that was long before Sky and the internet! Most of the time I fell asleep because the highlights would be...
  4. Macman

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Good post. I feel similar having been England-mad since I was a nipper and feeling so patriotic at the 82, 86, 90 World Cups, and the Euros inbetween. Yet as I grew up, and other factors become more important in life, the constant failure of England at major tournaments drained my interest. I...
  5. Macman

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Belgium’s kit, apparently, is a recognition of Tintin. England’s kit, apparently, is a recognition of how dull our football is.
  6. Macman

Old Molineux Photos

Thanks @Ercall Wolves , i must admit, I wasnt sure if they were still around as they must be getting on a bit now, so great to hear they are ok. Yes, Muriel was a good woman too. Wolves through and through the pair of them
  7. Macman

Old Molineux Photos

I also love any old photos of around the early 1980s of fans in the Waterloo Road enclosure (as above). My late Dad used to stand there occasionally when he wasnt working on a farm on a weekend. When I started going to Molineux as a young kid I used to sometimes go in the New Stand with my late...
  8. Macman

Old Molineux Photos

Top man Albert Bates. Does anyone remember a ‘Save our Wolves’ run around the vicinity of the ground/ring road etc? Would have been around when that photo was taken. 85/86ish. On a Sunday I think it was. I did the run with my two older brothers. I was about 13.
  9. Macman

Today’s Games 2023-2024

The players care more about how big the holes are they cut in their socks and their hairstyles.
  10. Macman

Leicester City

Well said. Totally agree and still makes me furious that Forest got a pathetic 4 points deduction, and Everton got 4 points back! They should all be suitably punished and hopefully it will cost Leicester their promotion.
  11. Macman

Coventry Verdict

True and agree with you. But the game was also won at 90+6 minutes which is where the hurt still annoys me.
  12. Macman

Coventry Verdict

Still niggles me too. Especially as they avoided Man City in the draw. A Wembley semi final would have been massive for us, although our injuries would have given me concerns for the game. Last week really made me worry our season will now fizzle out, despite Gary and the boys doing so well...
  13. Macman

Billy Kellock - R.I.P.

Remember him from the early 80s. RIP Billy.
  14. Macman

View from the Opposition West Ham

I think Matt’s done a runner.
  15. Macman

Forest- possible points deduction

I know one thing… I desperately want them to be relegated now.
Back
Top Bottom