Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Recent content by Adrian_Monk

1. Adrian_Monk

Old Molineux Photos

1992 is very grim reading. Taylor picked David White, Alan Smith, a geriatric Mark Hateley, injured David Hirst, Brian Deane and Paul Stewart ahead of Bully
  2. Adrian_Monk

Old Molineux Photos

I cringe a little bit sometimes when I read comments like 'it could only happen to Wolves', like Wolves have somehow had more pain and suffering than every other club in the country..... and whilst there's no question the Bhatti era did hit us hard, losing one of the greatest generational...
  3. Adrian_Monk

Leon Chiwome

Don't forget hat-trick hero Darren Roberts and Shaun Bradbury
  4. Adrian_Monk

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Well, it depends on the time frame over which you judge them. Of course, their overall performance has been incredibly positive and we've all enjoyed the fruits of it, but I don't think it's completely fair to judge anything over the course of it's tenure without also recognising short and...
  5. Adrian_Monk

On one hand it's sport witness, no direct quotes and basically conjecture. On the other hand, Jeff Shi did disappear back to China for ages, we didn't sign anyone, lost out on Gyökeres and Alex Scott and left our manager so fed up he (quite rightly) decided the deception and lack of...
  6. Adrian_Monk

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Can't be any worse than fifteen seconds of territorial regression before Sa boots it out of play
  7. Adrian_Monk

Whilst we will unquestionably be looking for as much as possible, I reckon that's roughly what we could hope to get and is probably indicative of what the club would be prepared to accept to get him off the books. Gonna take a few more goals between now and the end of the season though
  8. Adrian_Monk

Captain

A captain's role is largely redundant, at least on the field, in the modern game, where clubs nowadays favour 'leadership groups' instead of levying all the responsibility with one individual. Kilman isn't a big talker, and typically when O'Neil wants instructions to filter through the team...
  9. Adrian_Monk

Venus to step up at Birmingham

And Nayim lobbed Seaman from the half way line
  10. Adrian_Monk

True, but there's no guarantee Muniz's purple patch wasn't as a result of competition for places coming in to challenge him. The only thing we can say with certainty is the net effect is Fulham have spent £4m and progressed two places up the table. As a gamble, regardless of how Broja does, the...
  11. Adrian_Monk

Nathan Fraser

Sorry, I didn't explain that last line very well: I think the optics limited the pool of potential targets, rather than directly dissuaded them from bringing anyone in. Which is why we were splashing around in shark-infested waters on the last days of the window.
  12. Adrian_Monk

Nathan Fraser

Many of us said this in January that sometimes you need an alternative option that may not necessarily be a guaranteed starter and quite a few on here shot us down. Not every signing has to be a progressive signing that 'improves you' - you can also sign a player on a short-term deal that...
  13. Adrian_Monk

Will our season fizzle out?

Sakamoto has 7 goals and 2 assists. Him getting a settled run in their team allowed them to change from 3 at the back to 4, and basically turned around their season with only 2 defeats in 17. Probably as important to them as Cunha or Neto is to us.
  14. Adrian_Monk

Hurt

Play off's and the 1-4 in the cup :(
  15. Adrian_Monk

Hurt

Same. Numb on Saturday, feel angry, upset, ashamed and jealous today. Watching my Chelsea supporting extended family celebrating today hasn't helped one bit. Not like I haven't felt like this - and much worse - over the last 35 years watching Wolves but still doesn't make it any easier
Back
Top Bottom