Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

D

Deleted member 13084sr

Surely the club got somethin up their sleeve before the transfer window ends. Gotta be some kid in the championship whos scored a few worth taking a punt on

Sevenwolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Despite the purgatory of the transfer thread over the last 3 months, I think I was happier before the season started. Think it’s gonna be a long one - whilst it’s great we are more attacking we don’t have players that can consistently score and we have a defensive unit that is going to leak goals in a 4. Oh, and a midfield that is far too static. And as for the size of the squad - truly criminal.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Bit of constructive criticism...

Leeds were always going to come out in a frenzy with the first game of the season and their fans. They pipped the first half but Donk has to score at the end of the first half.

We were so much the better team in the second half and we had good control of the game, they scored against the run of play, it happens.

We deserved at worst a draw but hey ho these things happen...

Lots saying Leeds were missing players but so were we.

We will be getting a few additions to desperately bolster the squad soon...
Also we will easily finish above Leeds who could easily get relegated and no way will we, which will disappoint a few moaners on here....

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Bruno I'd be tempted to walk to be honest. The bloke is trying to implement a new system and way of playing, yet hasn't been backed whatsoever. 1 signing compared to last season in Collins and that's it. You can see why Nuno was happy to go, could likely see the writing on the wall with regards to recruitment.
Bruno talks complete ****e most of the time. Fosun seem unaware of a serious problem. Reminds me of Moxey and Morgan failing to recognise we were in serious danger of dropping into League One. If Utd come sniffing for Neves again he will be keen to get away from this unfolding disaster area. We have some quality in the squad but it is wafer thin and with 5 subs allowed this season that is unforgivable.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh Wolves - how I’ve missed you ruining my weekends!!

Dendoncker was our best player second half, and that’s saying something.

We look so exposed with 4 at the back. Basically 2 at the back at times with the full backs up the pitch.

We’re going to rely on outscoring the opposition and that’s going to be hard without a striker!!
Yet most on here have campaigned for 4 at the back and ridiculed the 5 system.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I reckon Bruno will be gone in the World Cup Break. He will probably be pushed due to poor results. Only one game played so far but the writing is on the wall unless we bring about 3 players in.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having waited to get back from taking the kids to Blackpool for the day I was strangely optimistic about checking the results. How ****ing wrong was I.
See you all next week at Molineux.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, today was bad, like it or loathe it, its dire.

First time in a long time the feeling seemed universal in the away end.

We're in trouble, big time.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lack of options from the bench is just baffeling being that we are a premier league club. If plan A was to use the Neves money to invest... What was plan B? Did they even have one?

Anyway... That is 7 defeats from 10 for Bruno Lage, and several of them in games where our 11 on paper is superiour to our opponents - including today.
They never had a Plan B, that is so obvious.

However they may still sell Neves, at which time it will be too late for them to purchase suitable replacements.

Our owners are more interested in eSports.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that 4 doesn’t improve it? Behave “yourself “ all international footballers

Injuries are part of the game. We don't have enough depth, why on earth are you trying to make out otherwise? One injury in midfield today and we had to change the entire plan, can you not see how ridiculous that is?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that 4 doesn’t improve it? Behave “yourself “ all international footballers
Honestly, you're in the minority. We have nothing at all, Leeds swatted us aside with ease in the end and tbf the apathy can be easily felt in the away end, one of the most tame and frankly, finished, I've been in years. It stinks of death.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is pathetic isn't it.

I don't know how any footy fan can watch that today and come away thinking Donk is the problem, or MGW is the problem. The problem is the lack of a squad, it really isn't complicated ffs.
I'd say the lack of a squad is a problem. The lack of any decent finishers is THE problem.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not at all. I think what we need is a striker who is a hell of a lot better than Fabio, who is still an apprentice at this level. The wise move is where Fabio is now.
… so you do think it would have been wise to replace him. I agree with loaning him out, he needs it. But Wolves needs come before Fabio’s (or any other player), so he should have been replaced first.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
We were the better side today, but we lost... That's football.
But ticket price hikes coupled with a lack of of investment has produced bad feeling between club and fans. There won't be much patience on offer in the stands if we start with a poor run of results. That can then very easily snowball into a disastrous season.

Today's bench was laughable for a team with ambitions of a top half Prem finish and if it all goes south the powers that be have bought it upon themselves.

Massive few weeks coming up.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of the problems is that when we play teams outside the top 6 is that we go strutting around that pitch like we are levels above the opposition when we arent. Leeds completely outfought us on the pitch for most of the 90 minutes. That was a pattern in the run in last season too. We were outfought on the pitch in most of our run in last season when our form was awful.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were Neves and Neto I would look at our woeful window and weak bench and be off like a shot. Thank god they appear to be more loyal than that .
It’s bloody obvious how weak we are in attack and in squad depth. Never before has it been easier to give game time with 5 subs. 16 can and should play every game. Our bench wasn’t worthy of the championship today and that’s on the club for their blatant negligence in the last 5 transfer windows. It’s going to be a long season

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finances. You can’t buy anyone with no money
That’s *******s. We could and should have done so much more this window. We could have bunged 30 m at 3 or 4 players who would have easily improved that bench

How much did we drink by dropping off to 10th last season? 10m in lost place money? Perhaps less but it was enough to have bought Hwang2 and boy could we have done with him today.

Sorry folks I am really ****ed off .

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game was ultimately an extension of last season. Exact same problems. Not converting chances into goals. Silly defensive mistakes.

A wafer thin squad that prevents any changes - Leeds made subs and reasserted control of the game.

This shouldn't be a surprise because basically nothing has changed since last season.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
At this stage of his career, we had to consider what is best for Fabio and Wolves in the here-and-now. Makes perfect sense to loan him. Hopefully he will return an improved player. But we are unwilling, or strapped by cash at least, to act remotely reactivate. We needed time to integrate new players before the season began, not scratching around for players X, Y & Z now. Always hoped that the buy to sell policy was something of a fallacy, but on all empirical evidence, it seems to be the spire we are caught in. It's August, are all the squad available at the right price?

Dunno. My mood aint been helped by the fact that probably the only 2 Leeds fans in this town are mates. And they been on a text frenzy. Winkers.

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t get over how poorly managed this transfer window has been.

We will obviously sign players. We have to. it’s not good enough, though.

Premier League is one of the elitist leagues of any sport in the world. Millions, if not hundreds of millions, are spent looking to benefit from the tiniest of marginal gains. Whether it be their own chefs, flying specific mattresses to hotels before away games, or the advancement in sports science.

So, how on earth, do we start the season with only one fit Striker and two fit first team Midfielders resulting in us making less subs than any other team in the league. There is nothing elite about that and it’s so, so poor. Irrespective of who we sign next, it just should not happen in this league by a team wanting to establish itself - or any team in the PL for that matter.

As for the game, I thought we did OK actually. Sloppy mistakes and not sure RAN is a full back, he might be more suited to a winger. But today was enough to be optimistic about but our fate lies with the board and the decision making to date (and I’m not talking about spending money we don’t have. Just the basics).

Back
Top Bottom