Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but he was also playing with 3 CBs behind him which gives him at best the same options as a 4 with 2 other CMs. At worst he'd have less obvious passes on with 4 3 3
I don’t agree. The three CBS behind are……well……behind; they are the “back stop”, we need three in midfield to break up play BEFORE the opposition get to pressure the CBS.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I don’t agree. The three CBS behind are……well……behind; they are the “back stop”, we need three in midfield to break up play BEFORE the opposition get to pressure the CBS.
Well yeah, and I don't think Cundle is a player who is suited to that. He wouldn't have solved our lack of physicality and athleticism and would have been deeper stymying the good link up play that occured with an extra attacker.

There are strengths and weaknesses to both especially with the squad we have, I'd rather have the better player and deal with the weaknesses. If we had another sitter who could play with Neves to have the 3rd CM be an attacking one, i'd love that but we don't .

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest looked abysmal against Newcastle. Stranger things have happened, but they look so out of their depth, 20th place is theirs already. Surely MGW wouldn't want to go there?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see you're giving him a fair chance.
All flicks and tricks or attempted ones at least.
I honestly think he looked out of his depth.
Also watch the build up to Leeds second goal, ball watching.
I was there and watched him very closely.

Harsh maybe and if his family have been abused that is abhorrent.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

At what price would you sell MGW?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He isn't even the vicinity of the Leeds player who played the pass for the first goal, I posted it above it is Podence lethargically closing him down.

Glad to see you watched him closely

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding MGW - I think you need to compare the way he has been handled alongside his contemporary Foden.
Foden has been encouraged, given minutes, protected in a great team.
MGW has had not much of that. To expect him to drop into this team and excel is ridiculous. He needs nurturing and is probably where Foden was 3 years ago in terms of his development

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He isn't even the vicinity of the Leeds player who played the pass for the first goal, I posted it above it is Podence lethargically closing him down.

Glad to see you watched him closely
It’s the second goal and the build up to it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It’s the second goal and the build up to it.
That is the second goal, he is absolutely nowhere near the pass to be ballwatching - it is like accusing Neto of ball watching. The left back slide the ball into the midfield, he'd have had to teleport to get anywhere near to stopping that pass.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Fans singing he's one of our own, then abusing his family. If true that is abysmal and I wouldn't blame him one bit for leaving. The players (or Bruno) aren't to blame for where we are, direct your anger at the leadership.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Shi wlll sell him, followed by Coady, then Neves and Adama and will erm “try” to get some random champions league players on Deadline Day.

Enjoy Nottingham Morgan.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If it’s true that wolves so called fans had a go at MGWs family after the game then I would not blame him if he left.
Idiots have probably cost the club another 5m as well as forrest will hVe rhe upper hand

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for giving Morgan a season with minutes on the pitch, I watched him a lot whilst he was on loan and he is very good for the championship. The problem is can he consistently perform and keep his place in the team?

We shouldn't be putting him in the team just because he will demand to leave if he doesn't play, every player needs to earn their place on the team sheet.

At the moment you really have to compare him to Saka, Mount, Foden, does he have the same potential and talent as the above three who have proven themselves and perform consistently?

I would say no at this stage, however I hope it clicks for him and he does!

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see you're giving him a fair chance.
He's not alone, all over Twitter last night.

I've not been MGW's biggest fan, but after 90 minutes returning to the PL anyone writing him off already need give their head a wobble. Excellent in pre-season (again) and was a bit unlucky yesterday. Never stops running and most of what he tried just didn't come off.

I certainly didn't think he was any worse than anyone else, the fact that some folks have given up on him already is embarrassing.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought he played well, first game in the prem for a long time in a new system, linked up well with podence and neto and didn’t look out of place, some lovely touches and passes, one great long ball for neto I think, I’m excited about the prospect of those 3 with a better striker up there, let’s back him and give him time.

Did wolves fans not sing his name at all?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he played well, first game in the prem for a long time in a new system, linked up well with podence and neto and didn’t look out of place, some lovely touches and passes, one great long ball for neto I think, I’m excited about the prospect of those 3 with a better striker up there, let’s back him and give him time.

Did wolves fans not sing his name at all?
I thought he played well, too. And yes quite a lot of “he’s one of our own” and great reception when he was taking corners in front of us.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
The journalists linked to the Forest side remain convinced Morgan will sign, despite the bids to date being rejected and Lage’s comments about 50m. This account gets referenced on the Forest forum.

Forest fans on their forum now seem in two minds. On the one hand, they still want to sign Morgan as they trust Cooper, but on the other, they are getting cold feet about where the fee is heading. Most of this concern is focused on the headline 35m rejected, rather than the 25m of that which is solid, and the much less certain 10m in addons. Despite what Lage said, I wonder if Forest offered 35m in cash, and maybe a sell on clause, if we would bite?
Player is not eager to join.

This journalist is bull****ting...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he did ok yesterday, not brilliant but ok. I think he needs to get used to the kind of runs some of our players make vice versa. Certainly enough glimpses to have some promise for the future as long as he builds on it. I think once we get a decent striker in the side we should see some improvements.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Ooo you’re hard.

You don’t know if it’s happened, for one.
Secondly, the first reply underneath says they were barging into people.
Thirdly, the girlfriend has posted a pic of her tucking into some food since, so whilst that doesn’t mean nothing happened, if my family had been in a scrap 20 minutes ago I wouldn’t be posting sandwiches on Instagram.

Every footballer gets abuse, which is wrong I should add, but only Wolves fans manage to turn it into ‘he’s off’, or more that’s the reason he’s off.

MGW name was sung from the away end today and 95% of Wolves fans I know are desperate for him to stay.

The manager loves him. The manager will play him.
His father was confronted after the game outside Leeds game. It's true I saw it. Get separated and police intervened.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I thought he played well, too. And yes quite a lot of “he’s one of our own” and great reception when he was taking corners in front of us.
This very well supported and I thought he had a reasonable game. Worked tremendously hard. The reaction to this game in general has been ridiculously influenced by the result over the performance.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This very well supported and I thought he had a reasonable game. Worked tremendously hard. The reaction to this game in general has been ridiculously influenced by the result over the performance.

True too an extent. Second half we looked dominant until they scored the second. If the game had finished 1-1 or 2-2, it would have been fair. But, first half after a bright start, we looked a shambles in midfield and defence. Exciting to watch, but very sloppy in possession and lots of errors at the back. We missed Moutinho massively in the middle first half, and in his absence, Leeds targeted Neves. Better second half. This against a team that barely survived last season, and who also had a lot of players out injured. I said in the post match, if we’d played a properly good team, we would have been thrashed.

Anyway, as to Morgan, I thought he did well. Worked hard, was involved in a lot of the forward play, and did a shift getting back when needed too. To be fair, the entire forward line played well for most of the game when they had the ball, especially early first half and second half until they scored.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expectations on Gibbs-White are far too high. He comes into the team and tries too hard - probably because he knows he has to to win over the fans who think he should be the new Maradona because he's the one decent young local player to come through the system in the last ten years. As a result you get flicks like the wasted one in the first half that receives universal groans (even though Podence does the same at least once per game, but it's overlooked)

He had a decent game yesterday, including several excellent passes. Expectations need to be reigned it, it will take time for him to adjust to the pace, and our "supporters" should nurture him instead of putting unnecessary pressure on him. If he does decide to go to Forest, they will have been contributory due to his frankly appalling treatment

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expectations on Gibbs-White are far too high. He comes into the team and tries too hard - probably because he knows he has to to win over the fans who think he should be the new Maradona because he's the one decent young local player to come through the system in the last ten years. As a result you get flicks like the wasted one in the first half that receives universal groans (even though Podence does the same at least once per game, but it's overlooked)

He had a decent game yesterday, including several excellent passes. Expectations need to be reigned it, it will take time for him to adjust to the pace, and our "supporters" should nurture him instead of putting unnecessary pressure on him. If he does decide to go to Forest, they will have been contributory due to his frankly appalling treatment
The thing is though, being decent isn't really enough.
We've been an established top half side. We need to be giving chances to players that are going to improve us. For me he's good but not good enough.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
True too an extent. Second half we looked dominant until they scored the second. If the game had finished 1-1 or 2-2, it would have been fair. But, first half after a bright start, we looked a shambles in midfield and defence. Exciting to watch, but very sloppy in possession and lots of errors at the back. We missed Moutinho massively in the middle first half, and in his absence, Leeds targeted Neves. Better second half. This against a team that barely survived last season, and who also had a lot of players out injured. I said in the post match, if we’d played a properly good team, we would have been thrashed.

Anyway, as to Morgan, I thought he did well. Worked hard, was involved in a lot of the forward play, and did a shift getting back when needed too. To be fair, the entire forward line played well for most of the game when they had the ball, especially early first half and second half until they scored.
I'm not sure we'd have done better with Mouts rather than Donck. If we'd played them both (which may well have been plan A) then presumably it would have been without Hwang and Podence as a false 9 so I'm not sure that would have been better either.

Anyway my point is that 'the crowd' supported Morgan well. I can't speak for any individual idiots of course. Looking at that twitter drivel there are obviously people trying to stir it, but whether any of it is genuine I have no idea. Nobody can account for a few knobheads.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he just wants guaranteed game time, to be wanted and show what he can do.. if we show him that, I am confident he will stay. If we don’t, then I think Forest have shown a lot of intent about how they rate him.
Absolutely no way do you guarantee any player game time. You play on merit only .

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely he has got to play as the ten?

Wasn't over impressed with him yesterday either way, as I haven't been any time he has played for us in the prem and £30m seems to me like a bid you can't turn down.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no way do you guarantee any player game time. You play on merit only .
And that is the point. Certain players not getting chances when the players in the team can play badly and not get dropped. Last Season Toti came in and did alright but Saiss came back and was dire after the African cup. Kilman under Nuno would be in for one match, do okay and then get dropped. Hwang last season was poor. Trincao had more chances than he deserved.
Morgan needs game time but not a guaranteed place.

Back
Top Bottom