Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are going to be utterly rinsed down the flanks again and again and again if we keep playing that system.

Newportwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hope Jeff is hiring Vinny as extra muscle for next Saturday, us legacy fans paying inflation busting season ticket price rises won’t put it with that dog****.
Yes you will…..cus what you going to do about it??

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think the fact that our recruitment has been awful, and due to that our bench was awful today, has influenced people's view of the game. We looked much better than we did at the end of last season. We did fail to take our chances, our final ball was often not incisive enough, and we made some individual defensive mistakes, so I'm not saying it was perfect. However, the performance was very good in patches and some of our football was sublime at times. So yes, our recruitment is terrible but the performance wasn't as bad as most are making out.
The performance was fine for 70 minutes other than individual errors. But we do look ragged at the back.

Final 20 we were dead on our feet but however weak the bench is, lage should be using it. Ronan or cundle had to come on for me. Bueno too maybe.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree. Every team knows with us...High press and stifle Neves and the midfield, we're stuffed. That's not changed since last season. Nothing to do with strikers in my view. Agree on the bench front though

We got the ball into their final third and into their penalty area many times. More than we usually have these past few seasons. We made more chances and had a higher XG than Leeds, FWIW. It all went awry once we were up their end, though. Never seem to know what to do with it. I believe if we had a Mitrovic-type up there, who you can aim for and who can win battles with defenders, we'd have scored another, maybe 2. Raul was that player, it remains to be seen whether he still is, as he never quite got there last season. Either way, we need another real striker, no more lightweight tricky wide players, you can have one of them, but can't build a forward line of just that type. Someone has to hold a defender off and smash the ball in.

floydstreet

Reaction score
It’s kind of on us as well. If this is representative of the noise next weekend vs Fulham. Guess what, toxic atmosphere, negativity, critical, players under pressure, perfect for away team etc

It’s our choice
I’ll be cheering
And that doesn’t mean I don’t think we need players and more recruitment. It’s because I’ll support the eleven players and Bruno as that is more positive than piling pressure on.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict is what most of us thought might happen today and it has. You dont have to be a brain surgeon to look at our current squad and see it is totally underequipped for the rigours of the Premier League.

Four players out injured today and we have nothing left on the bench in an attacking, wing back and central midfield sense. For the record Leeds had 8 players missing and still named a better bench than ours!

When you make such stupid decisions as to let your only back up striker go on loan without an imminent replacement, thus leaving you with one senior striker in the squad then what do you expect. Then he gets an injury over 2 weeks ago and amazingly still no striker.

Then we have our central midfield, an area of the team we have not improved in four years. As a result we currently have 3 senior central midfielders, one is now injured and is 36. The other central midfield players are either untried kids or Connor Ronan. None of them saw action today despite our players tiring, which maybe tells you all you need to know as to how Bruno views them as genuine first team options.

Then we have our wing backs. This area of the squad depth wise actually wasnt too bad last season but hey lets make that threadbare as well this summer shall we. Loan out Hoever, Giles and Bolla and Marcal released. Zero wing back signings, Semedo injured and not ready for several weeks, Jonny with 2 serious injuries in the space of 2 years and looking off the pace today and Bueno as the only back and he has no first team experience.

I dont care what anyone says but Bruno has been hung out to dry by those in charge. He must have looked at our options today and wondered where we go from here. Anymore injuries and it will be unproven kids in the team.

I dont think Mr Shi appreciates the frustration at present. I think he will hear it loud and clear next weekend if they dont have a striker and central midfield player signed to feature in this game. The lack of depth is inexcusable.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve had a moan but am strangely ambivalent towards things. I mean, I’m gutted we lost and was angry that we lost to such a poor side but I kind of expected this too. What else was going to happen when we have no forward and no attacking options and no feasible midfield options on the bench? I feared this would happen and it has.

Just hope the jokers who have incompetently carried on with their transfer dealings this summer actually pull their fingers out and realise it’s genuinely a matter of sign 3 or 4 players or prepare for a relegation battle.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Verdict is what most of us thought might happen today and it has. You dont have to be a brain surgeon to look at our current squad and see it is totally underequipped for the rigours of the Premier League.

Four players out injured today and we have nothing left on the bench in an attacking, wing back and central midfield sense. For the record Leeds had 8 players missing and still named a better bench than ours!

When you make such stupid decisions as to let your only back up striker go on loan without an imminent replacement, thus leaving you with one senior striker in the squad then what do you expect. Then he gets an injury over 2 weeks ago and amazingly still no striker.

Then we have our central midfield, an area of the team we have not improved in four years. As a result we currently have 3 senior central midfielders, one is now injured and is 36. The other central midfield players are either untried kids or Connor Ronan. None of them saw action today despite our players tiring, which maybe tells you all you need to know as to how Bruno views them as genuine first team options.

Then we have our wing backs. This area of the squad depth wise actually wasnt too bad last season but hey lets make that threadbare as well this summer shall we. Loan out Hoever, Giles and Bolla and Marcal released. Zero wing back signings, Semedo injured and not ready for several weeks, Jonny with 2 serious injuries in the space of 2 years and looking off the pace today and Bueno as the only back and he has no first team experience.

I dont care what anyone says but Bruno has been hung out to dry by those in charge. He must have looked at our options today and wondered where we go from here. Anymore injuries and it will be unproven kids in the team.

I dont think Mr Shi appreciates the frustration at present. I think he will hear it loud and clear next weekend if they dont have a striker and central midfield player signed to feature in this game. The lack of depth is inexcusable.
Bang on.

Nivada

Reaction score
No player scores today? I always enjoy reading those.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see a John Richards-type incident where fans turn on Shi and Sellars. I sincerely doubt either have any idea just how toxic Molineux will get, perhaps as soon as next week against Fulham.
What’s a ‘John Richards type incident’?

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve had a moan but am strangely ambivalent towards things. I mean, I’m gutted we lost and was angry that we lost to such a poor side but I kind of expected this too. What else was going to happen when we have no forward and no attacking options and no feasible midfield options on the bench? I feared this would happen and it has.

Just hope the jokers who have incompetently carried on with their transfer dealings this summer actually pull their fingers out and realise it’s genuinely a matter of sign 3 or 4 players or prepare for a relegation battle.
Same here, never thought it would happen but after 64 years of support getting to the point that I don't really care, expected a defeat so not suprised, just wish Fosun, Jeff et al would **** off.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It’s the worst I’ve ever seen him look. Id seriously be looking at Mosquera as RB against Fulham, he was THAT bad.
Some on here are seeing what they want to see, he has to take a step to turn rather than just pivoting.

It was like watching myself trying to move (although I've never suffered a serious injury let alone 2).

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really didnt think today was that bad. Far more attacking intent than the last 2 and a bit years. Sadly, lack of target man and ability to change the game from the bench undid us today, alongside mistakes by sa and ait nouri.

Jeff, scott, now is the time to act and give the fans and bruno what we can so clearly see is needed. In the words of rocky 5, its time to put some hustle behind this muscle.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang is stealing a life at this level, he’s low end Championship at best. How we’ve let Silva out on loan is inexcusable, the club is just in a complete ****ing mess. Relegation battle is the only way we’re heading.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was very obviously injured that 2nd half with his hip I think? should have come off but of course there isn't a Forward on the bench to replace him with so we're stuck having to keep him out there.

He injured his hip in pre season so thats him probably out injured now as well. In reality he shouldnt have been playing today as he has hardly had a pre season but what choice did Bruno really have.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hwang is stealing a life at this level, he’s low end Championship at best. How we’ve let Silva out on loan is inexcusable, the club is just in a complete ****ing mess. Relegation battle is the only way we’re heading.
Was very good today. You'd type this out before the game.

The scapegoat stuff on here is ridiculous, some players get away with no criticism and some get stuff invented to trash them

T

TheConcourse

Delusional optimism? Thought we were excellent for large periods. Really enjoyed the intent.

Bruno and MGW fuming about a push in the back for their goal.

Thought we were very unlucky. Need additions.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some on here are seeing what they want to see, he has to take a step to turn rather than just pivoting.

It was like watching myself trying to move (although I've never suffered a serious injury let alone 2).
Exactly. Jonny is the safest defender we have, one of the best in the league, but if this is the new Jonny then I’m afraid it’s a worry. I’m hoping he’s better on the left when Semedo comes back and RAN gets pushed forward to save us from having to sign a wide man.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the way back now, really shouldn't have lost that at all, despite looking vulnerable for periods in the first half. However, the benches made the difference, they could bring fresh legs on and we had nothing. That bench was an absolute disgrace today, poor Bruno was hamstrung literally had nothing to change it at all. Long hard season ahead unless we seriously get to work in the market in the next few weeks.

What was the mood of our fans like at the end mate?

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was very good today. You'd type this out before the game.

The scapegoat stuff on here is ridiculous, some players get away with no criticism and some get stuff invented to trash them
Sorry, I disagree.

One decent touch, offers nothing.

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Fosun have written off getting a result in August, that bench is woeful, we could only make 1 sub at 85th minute. Leeds 4 changes and coasted the end game. Rinse and repeat all August, the 2 underwhelming signings we might get in before end of window won't be ready until we're completely adrift the mid table pack come end of September..

This window had been an insult to everyone who has seen their ticket prices completely balloon over the last few seasons..

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Exactly. Jonny is the safest defender we have, one of the best in the league, but if this is the new Jonny then I’m afraid it’s a worry. I’m hoping he’s better on the left when Semedo comes back and RAN gets pushed forward to save us from having to sign a wide man.
He was like it last season other than against absolutely woeful teams. I just can't see a physical improvement, hopefully I am wrong

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the worst I’ve ever seen him look. Id seriously be looking at Mosquera as RB against Fulham, he was THAT bad.

It was concerning. He looked way off the pace.

Reactions: Ned

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like always Im gutted that we lost especially to 2 goals that could have been prevented, 1st goal RAN lost the ball in our box, then Neves miskicked a clearance straight to Leeds player, than SA beaten at his near post, for the second goal neither Kilman nor RAN really busted a gut to get back and cut out the cross.

Shi, Sellars need to realise this is now a squad game ie starting 11 and 5 subs, yes our starting 11 is almost okay with a striker added, but then we dont have game changers on the bench yes we have players that enable Bruno to change the shape by going 5 at the back, but outside of that NOTHING, example today for 20/25 minutes of the second half we played pretty well then Leeds made subsitutions which stopped us running midfield, in response we gave Campbell 5 minutes at the end to little to late why?, because we dont have a bench capable of changing games.

Todays game wasnt lost today it has been lost because of most of our Transfer dealings since we sold Jota.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of these ridiculous overreactions to one defeat with plenty of positives reminding me why I don't come on here during matchdays, just embarrassing, pantwetting of the highest order.

It really is pathetic isn't it.

I don't know how any footy fan can watch that today and come away thinking Donk is the problem, or MGW is the problem. The problem is the lack of a squad, it really isn't complicated ffs.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No player scores today? I always enjoy reading those.

Sa - 6 (couple of errors in first half, fine in second)
Ait-Nouri - 4 (gift to Leeds for first and an own goal. Didn't compensate going forward. Not good)
Jonny - 5 (marginally better than RaN, however didn't look as good as usual)
Collins - 6 (going to need matches to really form a defensive partnership. Defensively good, but for disribution, too many hoofs upfield)
Kilman - 7 (Best defender)
Neves - 7 (much better in second half)
Donk - 6.5 (some excellent work defensively, poor attacking wise)
MGW - 6 (game seemed to pass him by, OK when he got the ball, but that wasn't enough)
Hwang 7.1 (his best match for ages. Looked like the "early" Hwang again)
Neto - 7 (tormented Leeds at times. End product dodgy, though)
Podence - 6.5 (Scored with a miskick. Some good, but also drifted out the game for long periods, similar to MGW)

Overall, would say Hwang was our best player. He worked really hard, never gave up , continually involved, assisted the first goal, nearly had another after some great skill, and I can't recall any howlers. Hoping that whatever happened in second half of last season was temporary and he stays in this form.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
I think a decent striker ( like Raul in his prime ) would help because the ball would stick and he would link up play. Hwang did ok, but he, like Podence, spends too much time looking for fouls and play acting.

Very very true, but to be fair the grass looks quite comfy

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't read all comments but hope nobody is blaming RAN for the second. The first is certainly his fault mostly though.

Back
Top Bottom