Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You reap what you sow. Disgusting, No striker, no midfielders & no bench. Embarrassing, goalkeeper lorded rightly last season but started giving away stupid penalties, got away with one today then an error. How much did I read on here today about how crap Leeds were and we should beat them easily, madness. I’m so angry, I’m away on holiday, some may call me sad, but this is going to cloud my week, somewhat because I care so much. I’m angry because most could see this happening, but zero action.
Go and enjoy your holiday pal and appreciate what you’ve got!!

Your ridiculous attitude is misplaced, after all, what’s it about ….. 11 (or 22) adults kicking a bag of wind around a field !!!!!!!!

Come on….!!

Reactions: Ian

Andi130

Reaction score
Benefit of the doubt, moving to a 4 is gonna be a challenge. Still, can't understand why we didn't throw Ronan in at HT to bridge the space beyond their press. fullbacks were both shocking. MGW...welcome to the Prem(again). Podence went missing after the first goal. Thought Hwang and Neto played ok. Squad, weak. Seller and Shi....No confidence vote. Bruno....Still not convinced, regardless of squad issues.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think all they needed to be today was competitive and functional. Going with 2 in midfield was stupid from Lage imo.
They would have stuck out like a sore thumb against Leeds high press.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a big difference between the thrashings by Brighton, Man City , the capitulation at home to Leeds, the limp non events against Arsenal, the usual Burnley defeat etc, and today. Today we had more shots, more chances, more possession than Leeds. . And more in one match than we managed in about half a dozen added together from end of last season. We dominated for 25 minutes in second half in a way we never did at any time last season. Individual errors let us down.
And never looked like scoring

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see a John Richards-type incident where fans turn on Shi and Sellars. I sincerely doubt either have any idea just how toxic Molineux will get, perhaps as soon as next week against Fulham.
Of course they don’t.

Unfortunately for them, whilst the esports and record labels and dodgy shell suits they knock out from a Beijing boutique are bringing in the millions of pounds they desire, it’s the 30,000 legacy fans whose ticket prices they’ve risen, in order for us to have a bench of Campbell, Roman, Hodge etc that they’ve got to sit amongst next Saturday.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game. I was not expecting us to lose this one. It is always desperately disappointing to lose the first game of the season. I will force myself to watch the Sky extended highlights later. I really wonder why I put myself through this every season for so few highs and so many lows. Only consolation is that it might give the powers that be a reality check and we can achieve some decent recruitment before the window closes.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not read the thread but expect doom and gloom... which is probably fair tbh.

We played well for 70 minutes but too slow or too selfish (neto multiple times) in key positions combined with multiple mistakes at the back for two awful goals. RAN needs to focus because he was fundamentally responsible but it wasn't just him.

No, the real problem was the bench. Nothing on it, tho even then it was the wrong sub. Ronan can shoot and take good set pieces, but instead we bring on a youngster who has never looked even close to ready for me.

I'd also rather mgw was allowed more centrally where he's more effective (in theory).

Hwang was fine, and doncks was ok but at the same time awful - if you know what I mean. Leeds show how to press and win the ball, dendoncker stood off or sideways or stepped out frequently in the first half. And his box play, omg.

Also - jonny. That was atrocious. Appalling. One of his worst games.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be noted that Bruno would have played three in midfield today prior to Mouts injury. The fact he had no choice thanks to our pathetic transfer attempts is infuriating.

That is entertaining

I laughed when hwang dribbled it out of the pitch, again

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be noted that Bruno would have played three in midfield today prior to Mouts injury. The fact he had no choice thanks to our pathetic transfer attempts is infuriating.

Seems strange that we then wouldn't chuck Cundle in to replace Mouts. Not saying we would have done any better but don't know if that's him sending a message to the board.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has been his own worst enemy at times to be sure, but looking at that bench today how can anyone not think that Shi and Sellars have hung him out to dry.

It's a total disgrace. He wont walk, but he should.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
There's a big difference between the thrashings by Brighton, Man City , the capitulation at home to Leeds, the limp non events against Arsenal, the usual Burnley defeat etc, and today. Today we had more shots, more chances, more possession than Leeds. . And more in one match than we managed in about half a dozen added together from end of last season. We dominated for 25 minutes in second half in a way we never did at any time last season. Individual errors let us down.
Think the fact that our recruitment has been awful, and due to that our bench was awful today, has influenced people's view of the game. We looked much better than we did at the end of last season. We did fail to take our chances, our final ball was often not incisive enough, and we made some individual defensive mistakes, so I'm not saying it was perfect. However, the performance was very good in patches and some of our football was sublime at times. So yes, our recruitment is terrible but the performance wasn't as bad as most are making out.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s important to state again how terrible Leeds are. Any team coming below them WILL be relegated. They worked hard, kept pressing, had adults on the bench and made the most of it.

Who was that? Apparently Leeds had only one outfield player over the age of 20 on their bench (and a 21 year old keeper) . Leeds bench had a 16 year old and a couple of 18 year olds. It was worse than ours.

Talking about benches is overcomplicating things. It was nothing to do with benches. All to do with relying on only one Premier League striker and having no realistic backup. Put a pre-injury Raul in that same line up and we win.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You all need to be realistic. We are in a relegation battle this season. 100%. I also hope this post gets brought up at the end sof the season to prove I was wrong.

I could just bring up when you said it last season if that makes you feel better?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You all need to be realistic. We are in a relegation battle this season. 100%. I also hope this post gets brought up at the end sof the season to prove I was wrong.
Bruno is 100% not the manager you want in a relegation battle.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was that? Apparently Leeds had only one player over the age of 20 on their bench.

Talking about benches is overcomplicating things. It was nothing to do with benches. All to do with relying on only one Premier League striker and having no realistic backup.
Fair enough I didn’t realise that but they all had PL experience (the ones who came on) and all served a purpose and offered fresh legs.

Could Bruno have brought on the likes of Bueno, Ronan, Cundle etc? Probably. But as soon as we went behind all that went out of the window and short of sticking Boly up front, there was nothing on the bench to help.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some serious questions need to be put to the people running our club.

How after four years in top flight can we start a fifth season with such a threadbare squad? Not to have a single, recognised centre forward available is complete negligence.

I fear the chickens will come home to roost if we aren’t decisive in the next week or two.
So much this

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can bring it up.

Andi130

Reaction score
Who was that? Apparently Leeds had only one outfield player over the age of 20 on their bench (and a 21 year old keeper) . Leeds bench had a 16 year old and a couple of 18 year olds. It was worse than ours.

Talking about benches is overcomplicating things. It was nothing to do with benches. All to do with relying on only one Premier League striker and having no realistic backup. Put a pre-injury Raul in that same line up and we win.
Disagree. Every team knows with us...High press and stifle Neves and the midfield, we're stuffed. That's not changed since last season. Nothing to do with strikers in my view. Agree on the bench front though

floydstreet

Reaction score
The 5 sub rule is going to kill us
Our options are so poor
Others teams will make 3-4 subs per game and have fresh legs
We are not going to have that luxury I suspect

For me makes the decisions to load Giles and silva odd. Unless we are planning to bring multiple players in, which I severely doubt and recent history would say not

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the way back now, really shouldn't have lost that at all, despite looking vulnerable for periods in the first half. However, the benches made the difference, they could bring fresh legs on and we had nothing. That bench was an absolute disgrace today, poor Bruno was hamstrung literally had nothing to change it at all. Long hard season ahead unless we seriously get to work in the market in the next few weeks.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough I didn’t realise that but they all had PL experience (the ones who came on) and all served a purpose and offered fresh legs.

Could Bruno have brought on the likes of Bueno, Ronan, Cundle etc? Probably. But as soon as we went behind all that went out of the window and short of sticking Boly up front, there was nothing on the bench to help.

I agree our squad depth is inadequate, but then so is Leeds (and several other teams in this league). It's only the first match of the season, teams evolve over a season so a long way to go yet.

We have played a lot worse and ground out 1-0 wins before. But then there are complaints about that, even people saying they'd rather play attacking and lose. Then we do that, and all of a sudden, only the result matters. For me, Leeds did a smash and grab today. Our 11 was better than theirs, we were let down by a couple of individual errors - and poor finishing.

We have a new CH, so I'd allow some time for defensive organisation to really bed in. Which leaves the bigger problem of "just cant' score". Which needs the transfer market because as you say, there is nothing on the bench to help.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
I defended S & S last summer (despite the last minute **** take of Botman & Sanches) and even in January. But that bench is representative of a team with little ambition. It's going to be ok though. Sellars has a degree or something. Fulham & Bournemouth laid down a wee marker for the promoted clubs too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Performancewise and resultwise we were worse than what I expected.
Particulary worrying is our low quality defence.
Sa was absolutely awful.Neither man in the back four looked like they could hack it over a long season.
RAN and Jonny were absolutely scaringly awful.
We had no midfield to speak of..and we managed to just put one of our chances away attackwise..playing without a striker.

I wasn´t worried before this match..that has changed.
Fosun need to realise that our current squad might be relegated from Premier League.
I dunno..we are badly needing three players in..but that won´t happen.

It will be all about avoiding getting relegated as long as Fosun continues to own us from now on.

Must say..I snap your hand off for 40 points after the Leeds debacle.I´m not sure we gonna make it this season.
Warninglamps all over the place it seems.
Over to Shi and Sellars..

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the way back now, really shouldn't have lost that at all, despite looking vulnerable for periods in the first half. However, the benches made the difference, they could bring fresh legs on and we had nothing. That bench was an absolute disgrace today, poor Bruno was hamstrung literally had nothing to change it at all. Long hard season ahead unless we seriously get to work in the market in the next few weeks.
A sensible evaluation.. I looked at the bench before the game and my heart sank. No way we can compete this early in the season, without full match fitness, with such a shallow squad.. someone needs to feel the axe for it, I assume it’ll be Sellars

Back
Top Bottom