Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds Vs Wolves verdict

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Poor, too many players who think they're way better than they are.

Neves mom.

Hwang decent first half, less so second.

Ait nouri, mgw, podence and neto all playing as if they are several levels above what they actually are, a lot of over elaboration when the simple would've be been clearly better.

Donk, he gets the running stats because he is usually following behind. His best and indeed the teams best patch was in the second half when he seemed to be the deeper lying midfielder and neves further forward.

Jonny despite others comments on the whole he is doing his job.

Collins and kilman ok, but the 2nd goal I was disappointed with kilman not busting a gut to block.

Sa, first half drunk. Second half sobered up.

To the board, 3 pos 4 first team ready players 2 midfielders and 2 strikers or you looking very possibly at relegation.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Bruno I'd be tempted to walk to be honest. The bloke is trying to implement a new system and way of playing, yet hasn't been backed whatsoever. 1 signing compared to last season in Collins and that's it. You can see why Nuno was happy to go, could likely see the writing on the wall with regards to recruitment.

I think he should have walked at the end of last season after the January debacle. I think he was a lot to blame himself as well, but he wasnt backed and we were on the cusp of a challenge for the top 6, possibly 4 if we were lucky. This is the third window he hasnt been backed. How can a manager back himself with a squad thats basically a good first 11 then its a bunch of kids and players on their way down mostly.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You reap what you sow. Disgusting, No striker, no midfielders & no bench. Embarrassing, goalkeeper lorded rightly last season but started giving away stupid penalties, got away with one today then an error. How much did I read on here today about how crap Leeds were and we should beat them easily, madness. I’m so angry, I’m away on holiday, some may call me sad, but this is going to cloud my week, somewhat because I care so much. I’m angry because most could see this happening, but zero action.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s was just so predictable.

We huffed, we puffed, we had spells when we played well, then we get undone by a couple of individuals having brain farts.

Then owing to the foresight of our CEO and head of recruitment we had nothing on the bench to get us over the line.

Lose next week and Jeff is in for a shock. If Molineux can turn on Sir Jack, it’ll turn on Jeff

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt there will be some nonsensical comments on this thread and a load of stupid blaming of certain players but the reality is we are a mid table side and have zero squad depth. We looked good at times and poor at others, simple as that.

The obvious problem here is the depth of the squad, we had nothing we could do to change it today and that is ridiculous after four years in the top flight.

Donk and Hwang are probably two of the biggest scapegoats on this forum but they were probably the best two players today. Don't think anyone was below a six but there again not sure any were above a seven.

Reaction score
If we dont beat Fulham i can see a big turn against Fosun after that game. Its obvious we are at least 3 first team players short. Its going to be toxic.
I think it already is toxic and rightly so - Fosun/Shi/Sellars obviously don’t care one jot about this club and if that’s the case I’d much rather they sold up.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The day started off so well. Oh well never mind.

I only managed to watch the first hour or so before technical difficulties stopped play. I thought we struggled with the intensity of Leeds in the first half. Maybe our pre-season was too easy? I don't know.

Our passing was mostly awful. Ait-Nouri in particular had a shocker. I didn't see the own goal so I don't know how bad it was, but he should have done a lot better for the first goal.

Dendoncker started off the season with a typical poor finish that he should have scored, although he played okay.

Considering Hwang is criticised for having a poor first touch, he showed twice in the first half he can have a good first touch.

I thought Leeds should have had a penalty in the first half with Sa's challenge. I know it's one of those that is disputable, but if that is in the other box I'll be screaming for a penalty.

If ever a performance was needed to convince our board to spend some money that was it. There was basically no way to change it to get a positive result. We better improve next week because Fulham was very impressive today. They won't be mugs.

Chin up though. One down, thirty-seven to go.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away fixture at at an already tough ground. Atmosphere favours home team opening game so their on one as it its.

Played good stuff through out, especially 2nd half. Can see see the lack of confidence and understanding at the back at times but gotta battle through it till the new system becomes 2nd nature's. Can't revert to our comfort blanked after 1 match. Their will be a lot of inconsistent form over the next couple of months. But the foundations are there definitely.

Not the ideal bench to have but it is what it is at the moment, let's see what the next few weeks bring in regards to that. Couple of additions think we have def something to work with.

Keep our heads...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it already is toxic and rightly so - Fosun/Shi/Sellars obviously don’t care one jot about this club and if that’s the case I’d much rather they sold up.

I dont think they have really copped it in the stadium yet.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitrovic will be liking his chances next week.

Not rocket science where we need additions but Topsy and Tim don't have a ****ing clue .

Get them gone if Fosun don't want to invest ****ing sell us.

I can understand losing to better teams . But that bench was utter dog **** and a ****ing disgrace for a premier league team .

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything some of us feared. So easy to beat and some good work undone by our inability to change things and freshen up.

This is the biggest league in the world ffs, we NEED to be making 2/3 subs every single game. Leeds won the game because of their subs and we brought on Chem Campbell. Says it all.

What a mess.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What can be said? Played relatively well, especially early in the second half, and were pushed further forward than last season, which is what we wanted. Neto flashes of real excellence, some moments of good interplay between him, Pod and Gibbs-White. RAN better going forwards than backwards, Collins strong.

But the last 20-25 minutes we were the walking dead, everyone knackered, and we had no one to bring on for the ones who were struggling.

A situation entirely of the club's own making, as obvious as anything could ever be. This is not a Lage problem, and was nothing to do with the players on the pitch, this is about ownership and lack of investment and it cripples us.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Jeff is hiring Vinny as extra muscle for next Saturday, us legacy fans paying inflation busting season ticket price rises won’t put it with that dog****.

Other than the result, wasn't everything else much, much better than most of last season? Got forward lots, created loads of chances. I bet most neutrals would watch that and say "Wolves were unlucky, they were the better team" rather than "Wolves look nailed on for relegation".

Tactically, just like the start of last season, it showed Bruno could manage a team playing more attacking. However, we clearly are at least one player (a goal scorer) away, also needing a midfielder (or two).

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Absolute Rubbish..
It really wasn’t. Let’s get it right.

Some of the attacking football was really nice to watch, we should have at least taken a point.

But Sellars and Shi are entirely responsible for this. Players got tired and we weren’t able to bring on any subs to impact the game.

Then as often happens with tired players a mistake was made by It Nouri, who was the wrong side.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa-2
Jonny-4
Collins-6
Kilman-7
Ran-2
Donk-6
Neves-7
MGW-6
Podence-6
Neto-6
Hwang-7

Unable to hold the ball up helped Leeds massively, then two terrible performances lead to the loss. Leeds wasn't anything special but we lead our own downfall

Fosun-3 complete lack of squad depth is frightening

Reaction score
Well done Shi & Sellars.

You're incompetence and arrogance has meant we were effectively in a 37-game season (could be 36 if nothing happens next week, and so on). You couldn't even give the manager one attacking sub that he would've wanted to use.

Let's hope it doesn't cost us come the end of the season. You can take some encouragement from the second half display but the reality is we lost.

From the start of the second half until the 70th minute it was one-way traffic. It was total domination. That does offer some hope for the future, that the XI we have is good enough to be competitive in the league.

However, football is now a 16/17 man thing, it's not 11.

There was nothing to freshen things up when we needed it. We've had to play Hwang for near enough the full game after 93 minutes in pre-season. And, fair play to him, he was good.

The players were visibly knackered, hence why we did nothing after they took the lead.

Of course, you can point at individuals. Jose Sa was embarrassing for the first goal and Ait-Nouri had an awful game defensively.

But the reality is we couldn't change things when we needed to. The squad was exposed on game one and we are NOWHERE near where we need to be - all because of those clowns at the top.

One sub when you can use five. ONE. If that's Lage not sending a message then I don't know what is. But, to be honest, he shouldn't pussyfoot around it. Grow a pair Bruno and call them out. Call them incompetent. Call them amateur. I highly doubt you will lose your job because the public would ALL be on your side.

Shameful, shambolic and disgraceful from those idiots. They deserve sacking. They genuinely do. It's far too often and this time has really taken the ****.

Aside from those ****s who are seemingly trying to take us down. A lot of encouragement from the second half display.

Boost this squad by 3/4 and we could have a decent season, unfortunately I don't think that will happen.

Collins and Kilman grew into the game and did well. We couldn't deal with the manic pressure from them inside the first 30 minutes but even then, they struggled to create a clear chance and the reality is that Sa has thrown one in.

Second half we were that good and that in control that you actually knew their goal was coming.

Then, as mentioned above, we tired and had no game-changing player.

Leeds are in trouble but so are we unless we act this week.

We HAVE to get points early on because of this fixture list.

Game 7-10 are Liverpool, City, West Ham (A) and Chelsea. We could easily lose all those four no matter who we have.

This week is huge for the club, even at this early stage, we can't afford complacency but unfortunately that's exactly what those ****s in charge have done.
This!

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were fine in the second half until they scored. Then we gave up. Leeds might as well have scored a golden goal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than the result, wasn't everything else much, much better than most of last season? Got forward lots, created loads of chances. I bet most neutrals would watch that and say "Wolves were unlucky, they were the better team" rather than "Wolves look nailed on for relegation".

Tactically, just like the start of last season, it showed Bruno could manage a team playing more attacking. However, we clearly are at least one player (a goal scorer) away, also needing a midfielder (or two).

Your first paragraph could easily have been from last season. Its not good enough and i dont think anyone should be excusing whats happening here.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won on XG.

Urgh ****ing Leeds. Such a **** team and time and time again they ****ing beat us.

Starting a premier league season with that bench is madness. If Bruno trusted them, great, but he clearly doesn't so there is effectively no bench.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Embarrassing how we've got to the first game of the season looking at the lack of signings in crucial positions. Jeff and Sellars - this is 100% on you - your incompetence stinks.

Generally I thought we played alright but obviously dissapointed we lost first game of (long) season.

SA makes me so nervous when I see him with the ball. Should have had a stronger arm for their first imo.

Jonny looks well off the pace and some real sloppy touches and passes.

Collins and Kilman looked OK.

RAN, exciting attacking but exposed defensively. Massively needs to work on this part of his game.

Thought Neves, Podence and Neto worked their socks off and Donck did the dirty work breaking up quite a few counters.

MGW and Hwang didn't do enough

Bruno stormed off at FT

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think we were that bad. Poor, poor goals to concede but had some really good chances. Don't think we deserved to lose that one at all.

The recruitment side/Jeff have to take the blame on this though. The fact we could only bring on Campbell is a disgrace. Feel for Bruno.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly, Leeds are shocking and will be relegated this season.

Jonny and RAN were horrendous today, I wonder whether the insurance of a covering defender is something they have become too used to.

Can’t really fault anybody else, they all played well and poorly during the course of the game.

Mainly here to say that this is the first 3 points of the season that Shi and Sellars have thrown away, I wonder how many more they’re prepared to sacrifice before they realise we need to spend money before we sell players.

Talk about the performance all you want but the bottom line is that we had no striker in the squad and no attacking options on the bench and it cost us the win, plain and simple.

Thanks lads, you’re doing a stellar job this summer.

****ers.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Picked up where we left off last season, couldn’t buy a second goal, honestly don’t know that buying a striker will solve anything but the bench today was a terrifying omen. Out of ideas at this point but 37 games left to play, definitely a bottom 5 squad at the moment but hopeful that we will grow in to our new shape. I don’t really know what else to say, the result seemed inevitable.

I think a decent striker ( like Raul in his prime ) would help because the ball would stick and he would link up play. Hwang did ok, but he, like Podence, spends too much time looking for fouls and play acting.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad mistake from Sa for their 1st goal after ait nouri messed about rather than clearing the ball.
Nieve defending throughout the game with nobody to manager the kids we had playing at the back.
Midfield non existent.
Movement upfront but nobody to finish for us. Ait nouri then put the ball in his own net for their 2nd.
The lack of squad strengthening was hammered home with the subs we had at our disposal today, our management team is running out of time to correct things with less than 4 weeks left to the transfer deadline.

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor, too many players who think they're way better than they are.

Neves mom.

Hwang decent first half, less so second.

Ait nouri, mgw, podence and neto all playing as if they are several levels above what they actually are, a lot of over elaboration when the simple would've be been clearly better.

Donk, he gets the running stats because he is usually following behind. His best and indeed the teams best patch was in the second half when he seemed to be the deeper lying midfielder and neves further forward.

Jonny despite others comments on the whole he is doing his job.

Collins and kilman ok, but the 2nd goal I was disappointed with kilman not busting a gut to block.

Sa, first half drunk. Second half sobered up.

To the board, 3 pos 4 first team ready players 2 midfielders and 2 strikers or you looking very possibly at relegation.

Hwang was very obviously injured that 2nd half with his hip I think? should have come off but of course there isn't a Forward on the bench to replace him with so we're stuck having to keep him out there.

Back
Top Bottom