Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds v Wolves comms thread.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than I expected, looking forward to the Fosun/Jeff/Scott fan club continue to defend the indefensible.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Switching to a back four there were always going to be some growing pains, so poor when we're bringing the ball out especially down this left hand side. RAN needs to be smarter (and stronger) with the ball, Sa has made some comical errors. Really need to sort it out, lucky to not be losing this. Hopefully a half time belting from Bruno will wake them up...

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
We look lost. misplaced passes we will be lucky to come away with a point. At least we can freshen up the second half with our bench …… ?

Fulham will be rubbing their hands on this first half showing.

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreadful half for us. Sa a liability, midfield non existent. Defence all at sea and then Dendonker missed a sitter on the stroke of half time!!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage should be shouting at the defence at HT to stop buggering around with the ball and just boot it away, too much of it especially from RAN and Kilman.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Which is fine when you're dictating the play, not so good when you lose the ball every time you have it and your playmaker is simply a body twirling with his hands behind his back as shots rain in on your keeper
Then the playmaker needs to play better, he has been very very poor

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an abysmal 45 minutes viewing that was!
Looks like a battle between two pretty poor sides that may struggle to me.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entertaining first half. We have to stop making stupid errors and I do wish we'd stop the b/s at the back of inviting them to press us so we can break out. I know they work on it in training but match situations bring another dynamic and the times we have looked most ill at ease have been when we have made our own stupid mistakes. We have to be better.

Individually... Dendoncker is still the turd he has always been. Creates nothing and can do nothing when presented an opportunity. Ait-Nouri thinks he's the defensive Messi, Neves is being lackadaisical and Sa simply stupid. These guys think they are good Premiership footballers now they've had a few seasons at it but they need to understand they have to do the basics well and maintain a high level of performance.

As for the system, I'm not convinced by 4 at the back. I know some fans have demanded it but here's what it gets you... more attacking options but a vulnerability at the back. I'm all for being attacking at home but away from home you have to be more astute.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird half really. Lots of questions. Instead of a striker looking isolated we now have four attacking players looking cut adrift.

Ait-Nouri having a poor game, is that due to being in a four?

Donk better than Neves today so far.

Hwang the pick of our attacking players.

Sa? Having a shocker. Three big errors

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a good start ruined by an individual mistake.
The game turned at that point.

To be fair, as entertainment, it hasn’t been the dull, turgid stuff we have been getting used to. But not necessary for the right reasons.

Without the 5 at the back there is no ball retention, and no control of the game. ( for clarity, just my observation as I could give a monkeys what the formation is)

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not a great half tbh. I don’t know what MGW role is? RAN infuriates me. He had acres of space to get into the box and pull back but decides to deliver a cross that is too high for MGW besides that I think he has been poor and always looks suspect in possession. Bruno needs to address the issues at half time. Leeds are pressing but intelligent, speedy football from us can break that press and punish them.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Well it was entertaining unlike last season. We look a bit slow and off the pace all over tho. Way too casual. Ait nouri and Sa in particular, Yates last night was it lads

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you speak to those who have worked with him, the one thing Adama doesn’t have is ego.

He’s actually someone who lacks a bit of confidence and needs to feel wanted and loved.

So agree, it will be tough mentally for him. But not because of a bruised ego.
Can I ask a favour? Please?
Trying to accurately time the stream lag.
At Exactly the second kick off. Would you just type ‘ test’

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Passing out from the back is all well and good if there’s players to pass to. If not just hit the channel and hope for the best!

We've actually got some chances from playing that though. Neto's pace is beating everyone and Hwang and Podence have both been excellent at linking things up. Raul up front and we'd be winning.

The game has passed midfield by, making it end to end, mostly down our end, but we are creating chances on our breaks, because Leeds push so far forward. And we are keeping 2 or 3 players upfield all the time, waiting for that hit into the channel. Whether we stay the same or tighten up for second half, probably depends on the players available. 5-1-4 formation, with our lack of midfielders, maybe.

Reactions: Ned

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Learning curves,. 'll take a while to get used to the dynamics of playing a 4 under the intensity of the Premier league. Got to preserve with it even when it's not going our way.

Decent half in spells.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously ridiculous overreactions, brings it down and Meiler is like 3 yards from him making himself big. It's a quality save, he should have done better but it isn't a sitter.

Yep, on hindsight he should've gone over the keeper but that's a much harder skill. Tried to find the corner and the keeper has done great reading it and coming off his line quick.

Should've scored but a great save

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I'd probably leave it for longer than 45 minutes following the season in which he was our best player.

Unlucky from Donk there tbh. The Leander redemption not started yet

I didn’t mean in this game, I meant in general. Fact of the matter is Sa has only just come back from injury, not had much game time at all and you can tell, I hope that Sarkic is showing enough competition that we don’t do this whenever Sa is injured and play him at 60%

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage should be shouting at the defence at HT to stop buggering around with the ball and just boot it away, too much of it especially from RAN and Kilman.
Boot it away to whom? Hwang is no target man.

Jeru360

Reaction score
I’m hoping Lage doesn’t revert to a back 5 for the second half. Stick with it!
We have looked good on the counter. MGW is growing in to the game - needs to get more involved.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If he was an idiot he would indeed do that. **** it up front so it comes straight back at us, genius.

Neptune

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it’s Lucy “Leeds” Ward.
Said our goal was "against the run of play" when they'd barely been in our half!

Gotta hope that's Sa's worst half of the season! Three screw-ups, lucky to allow only one goal
Really can't believe that wasn't a penalty. A gift from VAR

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Learning curves,. 'll take a while to get used to the dynamics of playing a 4 under the intensity of the Premier league. Got to preserve with it even when it's not going our way.

Decent half in spells.

Exactly. It's a massive transition from a five to a four, the high press is utilised by so many teams in this league that they'll just have to learn to adapt. RAN has been especially poor, giving it away multiple times and just half hearted in general. If you don't have anything on, then go long, don't just give it away.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t mean in this game, I meant in general. Fact of the matter is Sa has only just come back from injury, not had much game time at all and you can tell, I hope that Sarkic is showing enough competition that we don’t do this whenever Sa is injured and play him at 60%
Ahhhh fair point!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Hwang and Neto have been very good. Pod always dangerous

MGW hit and miss so far

I like the 4 and I'm really glad Hwang is playing well
Neto good going forward but exposing RAN. Extremely lazy tracking back, MGW done much better other way

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang our best player first half.
Nightmare performances thus far from players like RAN,Sa and Jonny.
We will get burried here second half if we don´t start putting up a fight midfield.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much has changed, on that evidence. The problems we have playing out from the back, conceding through individual errors, and a generally soft underbelly are still for all to see.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that really does worry me after that half is we don't seem to have learned from the pitfalls we exhibited during our failed attempts to play 4 under Nuno. Very fragile when they're running at us and we allow ourselves to be overloaded too easily.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really are so poor in possession. Ridiculous amount of giving the ball away and I am sorry but Dendoncker is all over the place. The attacking players are yet again too far adrift and MGW has been disappointing. If we keep giving the ball away like we are then there will be only one outcome second half.

We all know it but we really are in desperate need of additions on this showing so far.

Back
Top Bottom