Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds United (a)

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
If MGW goes, man, Fosun really know how to crap on legacy fans before the season starts. Spending Saturday afternoon with a Leeds fan, my enthusiasm is nose driving with each miss step of the club..

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few of us driving up from South (doubles as a family visit for the driver) so looking forward to a fair few pints, and 85 minutes on the concourse.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
So we’re now potentially looking at:

Sa
Jonny, Collins, Kilman, RAN
Dendoncker, Neves, Moutinho
Podence, Hwang, Neto

Smith, Mosquera, Toti, Coady, Boly, Bueno, Ronan, Cundle, Campbell

T

TheConcourse

Honestly, I don’t even fancy it. My level of excitement for Saturday mirrors the level of effort Jeff puts into incoming transfers.

Obviously we’ll be there, and it’ll be great to see the lads and have a couple of beers, but **** me the result always ruins a good day.

Note to self: we haven’t even lost yet :tearsofjoy:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Podence, Hwang, Neto

What have l missed about MGW?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Podence, Hwang, Neto

Let's begin to pray for a draw.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Podence, Hwang, Neto

Would definitely go to back five now.

Hwang can't play the full game and you need to have an attacker from the bench to try and change the game.

Sa
Jonny, Collins, Coady, Kilman, Ait-Nouri
Podence, Neto

Would have zero doubts about Coady despite the speculation.

Hwang probably the only sub you'd want to use.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Podence, Hwang, Neto

Wow. Let’s hope every single starting player has 90 high paced minutes in their legs as in a 433 the bench is full of downgrades.

Ps, they won’t have 90 high paced minutes in their legs.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hwang can't play the full game and you need to have an attacker from the bench to try and change the game.

Sa
Podence, Neto

Yea this.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Sa
Podence, Neto

We could start with 4 at the back and then swap Hwang for Coady when he tires and switch to a 5.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Sa
Podence, Neto

Don’t necessarily disagree with any of that and, like you, would have no concerns about Coady’s focus.

Would just render the whole pre-season virtually pointless.

Crazy that we’ve tried to convert to a 4-3-3 but are likely to start the season with 5 defenders on the bench but no recognised senior midfield or forward options.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t necessarily disagree with any of that and, like you, would have no concerns about Coady’s focus.

Would just render the whole pre-season virtually pointless.

Crazy that we’ve tried to convert to a 4-3-3 but are likely to start the season with 5 defenders in the bench but no recognised senior midfield or forward options.
Yeah it would but it kind of is?

We wanted to play with a striker, we can't.
We wanted to build around MGW as one of these attacking players, we (maybe) can't.

But yep, it is crazy.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have no chance tomorrow now. No chance
Strange thing to say! Leeds are one of the 4/5 poorest teams in the league and have replaced their best two players with a number of Jesse March's ex's. Who would you take from Leeds to get into our first XI? Sinisterra (on paper) and Bamford.

I'll be very worried about the season if we lose to them.

I very much presume that MGW will play, irrespective of his probable departure. Even if he doesn't, don't worry because I'm planning to bring my boots.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon it will be an entertaining opening day 3-3. Collins, Podence & Otto with the goals.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
I must have missed the injuries to …

MGW
Neto
Podence
Hwang

Honestly, did I miss something posted overnight?
Hwang isn't actually fit.
My uninformed guess is that MGW is 50/50 to be close enough to departure not to play.
In which case we basically have to play the 532 we've supposedly abandoned or start with a half fit Hwang or maybe Chem Campbell.

All that is with only Adama (who we're trying to shift) and Raul injured.

I'm generally on the happy clapper end of things, but anyone who thinks that wouldn't be a crazy way to start a season is deluded.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a great chance of avoiding relegation this season, 15th, 16th & 17th places still available!

Sanewolf

Reaction score
Just cant work out where the goals are going to come from, fingers crossed for a penalty and a 1-0 win!

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang isn't actually fit.
My uninformed guess is that MGW is 50/50 to be close enough to departure not to play.
In which case we basically have to play the 532 we've supposedly abandoned or start with a half fit Hwang or maybe Chem Campbell.

All that is with only Adama (who we're trying to shift) and Raul injured.

I'm generally on the happy clapper end of things, but anyone who thinks that wouldn't be a crazy way to start a season is deluded.
Okay, I’d missed the Hwang injury, last I saw he was starting against Porto and scoring a penalty but it’s easy to miss actual info amongst the shrieking. As for GW, he’s been the subject of offers (if the rumours are true) all summer long so as far as I’m aware, nothing’s changed and he’s in the squad and available for Saturday.

EDIT: actually, that last part probably isn’t aimed directly at me so ignore.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Okay, I’d missed the Hwang injury, last I saw he was starting against Porto and scoring a penalty but it’s easy to miss actual info amongst the shrieking. As for GW, he’s been the subject of offers (if the rumours are true) all summer long so as far as I’m aware, nothing’s changed and he’s in the squad and available for Saturday.

EDIT: actually, that last part probably isn’t aimed directly at me so ignore.
No it's fair enough. Hwang isn't injured as such he just hasn't had a pre-season to last 90 mins, so he might start and come off. I did say the other day that people panicking about late sales need to keep things in proportion, but the MGW stuff does seem to have a lot behind it so I am getting a bit nervous. Of course the real problem is much deeper in how thin the squad is in the first place.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it's fair enough. Hwang isn't injured as such he just hasn't had a pre-season to last 90 mins, so he might start and come off. I did say the other day that people panicking about late sales need to keep things in proportion, but the MGW stuff does seem to have a lot behind it so I am getting a bit nervous. Of course the real problem is much deeper in how thin the squad is in the first place.
Likewise, that’s fair. I think that the fact that the first day of the season has suddenly appeared (feels like that to me) is making people’s nerves jangle and be sensitive to every internet rumour going. For the record, I too think we’re light up front but I’m actually confident we’ll start with three from the four of Hwang/Pod/GW/Neto tomorrow.

Ebbo

Reaction score
The Drysalters pub is fine and 10 min walk from the ground.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thr latest noise about MGW is encouraging, so I'm hoping to see 4231 working and an entertaining game. I wish this had been at home, the Molineux opener vs Fulham is a bit of a dull fixture.

Back
Top Bottom