Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England Women: The Lionesses

R

reanswolf

Surely everyone on here has had a passion for football for years?

Some people are trying to make out that the Euros that have just finished were a completely different sport. It was still 11 England players trying to kick a ball into a goal. It wasn’t like Iv suddenly taken up an interest in synchronised swimming.
Al I just can’t transfer my passion or interest to something I’ve barely previously followed.

There wasn’t many previously following English ladies football. Maybe you have been following the English ladies team for a while, fair play, It’s not about questioning people like you.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
What are you basing your relatively few were interested on? This is what annoys me. Just like using a womens football thread on a forum for basing no one having an interest in the womens game annoys me. I couldn’t give a **** that you aren’t emotionally attached to it, just like you don’t give a **** that I am. Hundreds of thousands were watching the WSL last season.

What I do give a **** about is people needing to find reasons why success in a sport needs to be derided, complained about, moaned about, attributed to media agendas, people being accused of jumping on bandwagons. I don’t get it, I really don’t. And it’s **** to be honest, it’s **** coming on here and being excited that there’s actually a thread to share enthusiasm about womens football and matches and find common ground, to then find the last 5 pages devolve into people arguing that the interest and excitement is manufactured, superficial, media dr evil coerced, “patronising, sanctomonious drivel” there’s enough things going on in the world
I could attribute all of that too, but women enjoying succcess in football?! Seriously?!

There’s always going to be people that jump on a bandwagon, that’s life, and as long as that generates something positive, I don’t see the problem or feel the need to **** all over it just because I don’t feel “emotionally attached” because frankly if I did do that, I’d never sleep there’d be so many.
Round of applause for this and your earlier post. This is a Wolves forum mainly to discuss the Wolves men's team, so it was never going to be a hotbed of women's football chat. It's also difficult to talk about women's football on here because it turns into a cynical and political discussion every time. I remember a thread covering the last women's world cup (although it might have been included in that season's 'Today's Games' thread which has also been used to discuss some women's football matches over the years). By around the third post someone started with the "It's crap, a conference team would hammer any of these,' followed by the usual droning on about female commentators, high pitched crowds and "I can't watch this crap." This thread followed the same pattern with the added delight of the 'media are brainwashing us into watching it' conspiracy theory.

Ironically, in the end most of the women's football discussions on here, end up being dominated by people (let's face it, blokes) who don't like women's football, think it's rubbish and can't watch it, or believe some woke agenda is being used to thrust it upon us against our will. They don't like women's football and yet they invest a huge amount of their time endlessly talking about it. Not trying to be facetious, but my only conclusion is that they must feel threatened by it in some way. It's the constant need to tell us all the time that they and many others don't like it. Thanks for letting us know. Again. Oh, and again. And again. We've got the message. Oh, wait, you want to tell us again. Well done to out women though (standard caveat), but it hasn't bothered me, because I'm not interested.

My youngest daughter (18 years old) is a massive Wolves fan and has played football regularly for years. When we have talked about the stuff on this forum, she just finds it funny and the blokes sad. Her main point though is that she doesn't give a **** what these blokes say, no women playing football give a **** what they say, because they're going to carry on regardless. They don't need their permission to play, to broadcast it on TV, to watch it on TV. They don't care what they think. They are irrelevant dinosaurs as far as she is concerned. It's going to carry on progressing as they scream into the void with women's football living on in their heads rent free.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everybody has been dishing out patronising, sanctimonious drivel, indeed your post here RG4352, is the master of it. It’s a demand almost that everyone should see it the same way as you. But you and people sharing your view won’t see it that way, just as people taking a similar stance to me won’t see your point.

Yet again, let’s make this clear….this is not about denigrating the achievement of the women, it’s not about wishing to deny the fight to evolve or play.

Honestly. Is that clear?

It is discussion about the human reaction to it. Everyone who is English is pleased I am sure. It’s the level of reaction that is being discussed by many. Myself and Sedgeeolf have explained why we don’t feel emotionally attached, and thousands actually feel the same.

I haven’t demanded anything, In fact I’ve literally said I don’t care if you and whoever else are emotionally attached or you aren’t, what you get emotionally attached to or not is up to you.

What I’ve said is that I find it upsetting that a thread I thought would be positive and a common ground to celebrate the tournament and womens success in it has instead devolved into arguments on how many people are interested/not interested, whether it’s fake/genuine, media coerced/not, comparable to men/not. And I don’t get why it’s got to that point, but maybe that’s just me being naive thinking that a thread could be just that.

Anyway I apologise for what you perceive as my sanctimonious drivel.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Al I just can’t transfer my passion or interest to something I’ve barely previously followed.

There wasn’t many previously following English ladies football. Maybe you have been following the English ladies team for a while, fair play, It’s not about questioning people like you.
No issue with your first para absolutely fair enough.

I don’t understand though why people who’ve watched mens football for years can’t have enjoyed the womens this summer? It’s still England playing football.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Round of applause for this and your earlier post. This is a Wolves forum mainly to discuss the Wolves men's team, so it was never going to be a hotbed of women's football chat. It's also difficult to talk about women's football on here because it turns into a cynical and political discussion every time. I remember a thread covering the last women's world cup (although it might have been included in that season's 'Today's Games' thread which has also been used to discuss some women's football matches over the years). By around the third post someone started with the "It's crap, a conference team would hammer any of these,' followed by the usual droning on about female commentators, high pitched crowds and "I can't watch this crap." This thread followed the same pattern with the added delight of the 'media are brainwashing us into watching it' conspiracy theory.

Ironically, in the end most of the women's football discussions on here, end up being dominated by people (let's face it, blokes) who don't like women's football, think it's rubbish and can't watch it, or believe some woke agenda is being used to thrust it upon us against our will. They don't like women's football and yet they invest a huge amount of their time endlessly talking about it. Not trying to be facetious, but my only conclusion is that they must feel threatened by it in some way. It's the constant need to tell us all the time that they and many others don't like it. Thanks for letting us know. Again. Oh, and again. And again. We've got the message. Oh, wait, you want to tell us again. Well done to out women though (standard caveat), but it hasn't bothered me, because I'm not interested.

My youngest daughter (18 years old) is a massive Wolves fan and has played football regularly for years. When we have talked about the stuff on this forum, she just finds it funny and the blokes sad. Her main point though is that she doesn't give a **** what these blokes say, no women playing football give a **** what they say, because they're going to carry on regardless. They don't need their permission to play, to broadcast it on TV, to watch it on TV. They don't care what they think. They are irrelevant dinosaurs as far as she is concerned. It's going to carry on progressing as they scream into the void with women's football living on in their heads rent free.

Thank you. I may just stick to dm’ing you and a couple of others when the womens season/competitions start again then :smile: . I wasn’t aware of this being a common history in threads, learnt my lesson! I was just excited to see a thread about it as I’d left the forum for a while due to negativity and insults getting me down and saw the thread as an opportunity to talk to others and share excitement (to give my friends a break from it) when I made a slow return, chanced the transfers thread and thought god this is worse than last time!

Your daughter sounds like she has a great head on her shoulders and a great father to boot in terms of supporting her through her passion. I wish I’d had a dad that did that with me, I stopped playing when I was 16 as there just wasn’t the pathways there are now that motivated me to see it through, plus my dad was very keen to tell me it’s best I pack it in as womens football wasn’t really a thing and “get a real job” :grimacing::laughing:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No issue with your first para absolutely fair enough.

I don’t understand though why people who’ve watched mens football for years can’t have enjoyed the womens this summer? It’s still England playing football.

100% agree. It’s the same sport, the same nation, and the victory is just as sweet. The last couple of pages on this thread have largely been “inspired” by a poster, who for broader reasons, objects to the media (BBC primarily) pushing an agenda. Fair enough, I can empathise with that perspective having spoken out against the BBC and “wokiness” myself, but I was genuinely in tears when we won the Euros this weekend, Just as I swore and threw things around when we lost on penalties to the Germans in ‘96. “We” meaning England, whether it be Mens or Women or disabled.

The trouble with conflating a passion against wokiness and the womens Euros, is that it’s entirely demeaning to the achievement the England womens team, no matter how you wrap it up. It assumes it’s a second, third or fourth class sport, and the achievement of winning it, therefore of similarly lesser value. Well guess what, I was in tears of joy at the old Wembley at the Sherpa Van Trophy, yet I’m sure some snide arrogant fans of other clubs would have looked down their noses at that “lesser” trophy.

So I say **** to that. It’s football, a sport we all love. It was a great tournament for England, we scored a boatload of goals, and we beat the Germans in the final. I celebrated, as did millions around the country.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Thank you. I may just stick to dm’ing you and a couple of others when the womens season/competitions start again then :smile: . I wasn’t aware of this being a common history in threads, learnt my lesson! I was just excited to see a thread about it as I’d left the forum for a while due to negativity and insults getting me down and saw the thread as an opportunity to talk to others and share excitement (to give my friends a break from it) when I made a slow return, chanced the transfers thread and thought god this is worse than last time!

Your daughter sounds like she has a great head on her shoulders and a great father to boot in terms of supporting her through her passion. I wish I’d had a dad that did that with me, I stopped playing when I was 16 as there just wasn’t the pathways there are now that motivated me to see it through, plus my dad was very keen to tell me it’s best I pack it in as womens football wasn’t really a thing and “get a real job” :grimacing::laughing:
Yes, it was a hard slog for the next generations up from my daughter. Fortunately things have opened up when my daughter was in her teens and made things easier. Still a long way to go though and it's made her tough as old boots to criticism of women's football. As her dad though, I am still a cringy embarrassment to her most of the time!

I also worked with a lot of the current older crop (in their late 20s / early 30s) of British international female footballers (England, Wales, Northern Ireland) in a role that was unrelated to football as they were all playing at Sunderland, who were a top team at the time. I saw all the cynicism, abuse and prejudice they faced on a regular basis, but carried on regardless. Even though it was developing fast then, none of them saw this coming all those years ago, they played for the absolute love of the game. I admired them so much and I'm still in contact with many of them. They are well beyond all the criticism we've seen on here, they've seen and heard it all before and no longer care what people like that think. Their main concern and focus is the next generation of girls coming through.

R

reanswolf

Sorry if I was a bit harsh, I was just trying to explain why everyone can be patronising.

I do sympathise with your view RG.

R

reanswolf

100% agree. It’s the same sport, the same nation, and the victory is just as sweet. The last couple of pages on this thread have largely been “inspired” by a poster, who for broader reasons, objects to the media (BBC primarily) pushing an agenda. Fair enough, I can empathise with that perspective having spoken out against the BBC and “wokiness” myself, but I was genuinely in tears when we won the Euros this weekend, Just as I swore and threw things around when we lost on penalties to the Germans in ‘96. “We” meaning England, whether it be Mens or Women or disabled.

The trouble with conflating a passion against wokiness and the womens Euros, is that it’s entirely demeaning to the achievement the England womens team, no matter how you wrap it up. It assumes it’s a second, third or fourth class sport, and the achievement of winning it, therefore of similarly lesser value. Well guess what, I was in tears of joy at the old Wembley at the Sherpa Van Trophy, yet I’m sure some snide arrogant fans of other clubs would have looked down their noses at that “lesser” trophy.

So I say **** to that. It’s football, a sport we all love. It was a great tournament for England, we scored a boatload of goals, and we beat the Germans in the final. I celebrated, as did millions around the country.
Good post Sussex.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if I was a bit harsh, I was just trying to explain why everyone can be patronising.

I do sympathise with your view RG.

It’s ok my mini rant wasnt aimed specifically at you, I realise because I responded to you it may have come across that way, it was just a general rant about a subject that touches a nerve having experienced it at its worst and genuine excitement at a positive buzz that hopefully improves things going forward (while I sit here jealous knowing that running 500 yards nowadays nearly kills me)

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the England women’s success.
Had it been Germany v Sweden in the final, I’ll admit, I wouldn’t have watched it.
Will it make me want to watch the women at club level? Absolutely not.
Will I watch England women’s games on telly again? Against the stronger sides, absolutely.
So, whilst I’m not a convert to the women’s game, I am invested at international level. Which for me, puts them at the same level of interest I have in Rugby Union.
I’d say that’s a success.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the England women’s success.
Had it been Germany v Sweden in the final, I’ll admit, I wouldn’t have watched it.
Will it make me want to watch the women at club level? Absolutely not.
Will I watch England women’s games on telly again? Against the stronger sides, absolutely.
So, whilst I’m not a convert to the women’s game, I am invested at international level. Which for me, puts them at the same level of interest I have in Rugby Union.
I’d say that’s a success.

That’s pretty much the same for me. Not a rugby or cricket fan, but I’ll watch the big international tournaments and get properly behind England. At the moment, womens football is similar. I’ll look out for Wolves women as it gets close to the end of season, and after the Euros, I’ll watch England’s competitive games. I’d say my wife and daughter are probably similar in their level of support for the lionesses.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

I was incredibly lucky. My Dad wasn’t a particularly hands on parent, but he supported my love for football every inch of the way, both playing and in attending Wolves matches.
I remember playing for the school team, and noticing that my Dads wagon had been parked up on the road near the school fields. He was making his way over to the pitch having stopped between loads to watch me play.
I also remember him breaking both wrists when he went in goal for me.

R

reanswolf

It’s ok my mini rant wasnt aimed specifically at you, I realise because I responded to you it may have come across that way, it was just a general rant about a subject that touches a nerve having experienced it at its worst and genuine excitement at a positive buzz that hopefully improves things going forward (while I sit here jealous knowing that running 500 yards nowadays nearly kills me)
Youre lucky you ay a miserable old man like me- driving 500 yards knackers me :)-

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was incredibly lucky. My Dad wasn’t a particularly hands on parent, but he supported my love for football every inch of the way, both playing and in attending Wolves matches.
I remember playing for the school team, and noticing that my Dads wagon had been parked up on the road near the school fields. He was making his way over to the pitch having stopped between loads to watch me play.
I also remember him breaking both wrists when he went in goal for me.

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Brilliant!

My dad wasn’t bad particularly, I have him to thank for introducing me to wolves and taking me to games as soon as I was old enough that my mom would let him! But he is also the type of guy who placed emphasis on sure things and being in employment and earning good money, I mean it worked, I’ve had a good career, but I often wonder how things would have panned out if he’d have been as passionate about supporting my football player dream as he was on me getting a good job (outside of football!) The fact that womens football wasn’t even a footnote in my dads paper didn’t help that’s for sure!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t demanded anything, In fact I’ve literally said I don’t care if you and whoever else are emotionally attached or you aren’t, what you get emotionally attached to or not is up to you.

What I’ve said is that I find it upsetting that a thread I thought would be positive and a common ground to celebrate the tournament and womens success in it has instead devolved into arguments on how many people are interested/not interested, whether it’s fake/genuine, media coerced/not, comparable to men/not. And I don’t get why it’s got to that point, but maybe that’s just me being naive thinking that a thread could be just that.

Anyway I apologise for what you perceive as my sanctimonious drivel.
YOU have nothing to apologise for, your analysis hits the nail on the head.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score

It’s not the same sport (certainly no where near the same standard) & that’s why on a week by week basis womens football crowds in most cases are lower than the Conference league. Great they won but no where near the hype in pubs/factories/offices/streets for England when we are in a major tournament. Enjoy the moment, but roll on Saturday when the real game begins & weekends are defined by a Wolves win or defeat.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't been following this thread, so I am late to the discussion.

But I did watch the a lot of the Euro games and all of the England games, and I absolutely loved it.

Football is my sport. I am not bothered with Rugby or Cricket and to be honest I would watch two drunks kicking a can down the street if I could.

I have watch the WSL highlights on TV and I had a member of staff who played women football and I went to watch her play a couple of times. I just enjoy football in general.

I think it's wonderful these women can enjoy playing and the standard is getting better and better.

I think there are some extremely talented players, I thought Keira Walsh (Central midfielder played No 4 for England) was an excellent player. But many are real athletes as well as having very good skill levels.

When my son played Sunday morning football I never used to compare it to the premier league so I don't see the reason why we have to compare the women game to a multi billion £ industry that has had 150 years to develop. Just enjoy it for what it is, if you can.

So very well done England on winning. I throughly enjoyed it and did get emotionally invested.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not the same sport (certainly no where near the same standard) & that’s why on a week by week basis womens football crowds in most cases are lower than the Conference league. Great they won but no where near the hype in pubs/factories/offices/streets for England when we are in a major tournament. Enjoy the moment, but roll on Saturday when the real game begins & weekends are defined by a Wolves win or defeat.

Are you serious? It’s the same sport, played by the same rules, on the same pitches with the same ball. By your logic, PL football is different from EFL non league football, or Scottish football. It’s even different from the game Steve Bull or Billy Wright played, because they didn’t have the same level of fitness or training as modern players. As for St Luke’s FC, god knows what sport they played? Oh, but let’s not forget that how smart our mens PL football players must be to start their lives playing this other “football” sport at school and then train to play proper football when they join an academy.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it upsetting that a thread I thought would be positive and a common ground to celebrate the tournament and womens success in it has instead devolved into arguments on how many people are interested/not interested, whether it’s fake/genuine, media coerced/not, comparable to men/not. And I don’t get why it’s got to that point, but maybe that’s just me being naive thinking that a thread could be just that.
The last couple of pages on this thread have largely been “inspired” by a poster, who for broader reasons, objects to the media (BBC primarily) pushing an agenda. Fair enough, I can empathise with that perspective having spoken out against the BBC and “wokiness” myself, but I was genuinely in tears when we won the Euros this weekend, Just as I swore and threw things around when we lost on penalties to the Germans in ‘96. “We” meaning England, whether it be Mens or Women or disabled.
This all started with "a poster" (I do have a name, you know ;)) making a relatively straightforward post that praised the ladies and give a critical analysis of the goals, with a separate part criticising media favouritism, and bemoaning people here and elsewhere who feel they also had to denigrate the men; might have been an idea to resist that urge if y'all wanted the thread to remain purely as a celebration of the ladies?

If by "inspired", you mean I then summarily got my head bitten off by pearl clutchers who couldn't accept someone had strayed from the narrative, then yes that has much to do with how it got to that point. I gave some back too, but it takes two (more like 8 in this case) to tango. There was some decent debate and dialectic there at least, which suggests there was legs in the conversation, but it was also insinuated by multiple posters that I am a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist, a misogynist, a homophobe and a transphobe. I was still being personally trashed after I tried to steer things back toward the lighthearted.

Last edited:

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you retrace the thread, this all started with "a poster" (me) making a relatively straightforward post that praised the ladies and give a critical analysis of the goals, with a separate part criticising the media coverage around it and bemoaning the posters who felt the need to stick a thumb in the eye of men's football; perhaps the posters who wanted this thread to remain a celebration of the women should have resisted the urge to denigrate the men to do it? Just a thought.

If by "inspired" you mean I then summarily got my head bitten off by pearl clutchers who couldn't accept someone had strayed from the straight and narrow, then yes that has a lot to do with how it got to that point. I ran with it too, but don't think it doesn't take two (or more like 8 in this case) to tango. There was some decent debate and dialectic there too, which suggests I was not the only one who wanted to discuss the topic, but it was also insinuated by multiple posters that I am a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist, a misogynist, a homophobe and a transphobe. I was still being personally trashed after I tried to steer things back toward the lighthearted.

I’m sorry to disappoint you but other than your theory about the bbc pushing an agenda, attacks on womens football were coming in way before you appeared. You just added another view specific to the BBC agenda, the post you’ve quoted from me wasn’t all about you I’m afraid.

I don’t really get the denigration of men either, it’s been pointed out that the women achieved something the men have yet too, despite the massive difference in resources, funding, wages etc and the stories that can and have followed mens games about hooliganism, abuse, players in the limelight for the wrong reasons. I don’t think it’s been about attacking men, or I’ve not read anything and taken it that way at least. Unless stuff has been removed or I’ve missed it.

Last edited:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sorry to disappoint you but other than your theory about the bbc pushing an agenda, attacks on womens football were coming in way before you appeared. You just added another view specific to the BBC agenda, the post you’ve quoted from me wasn’t all about you I’m afraid.
Don't try to gaslight me, it won't work. One clear WUM attempt by SA Wolf aside (which got the desired effect from the thin-skinned people I'm talking about), it was nothing but effusive praise between FT and my appearance; you can check if you like. Indeed, the only "attacks" were on the shortcomings of the men. You were obviously lamenting how it's gone since then, don't pretend otherwise.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Nice try. One clear WUM attempt by SA Wolf aside (which got the desired effect from the thin-skinned people I'm talking about), it was nothing but effusive praise between FT and my appearance; indeed, the only "attacks" were on the shortcomings of the men. You were obviously lamenting how it's gone since then, don't pretend otherwise.
I know you think it's all about you and your views but try reading the thread from page 1 when the attacks and trolling started. Our discussions and views on this thread aren't just based on your appearances. Maybe we should start using PJ and AJ to make it easier to illustrate that this thread revolves around your views.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't try to gaslight me, it won't work. One clear WUM attempt by SA Wolf aside (which got the desired effect from the thin-skinned people I'm talking about), it was nothing but effusive praise between FT and my appearance; you can check if you like. Indeed, the only "attacks" were on the shortcomings of the men. You were obviously lamenting how it's gone since then, don't pretend otherwise.

Gaslight? That’s a good one.

There are plenty of examples that I referred to from the start of the thread. I clearly wasn’t lamenting how it’s gone since then, the post you quoted I clearly say “to celebrate the tournament and womens success” and the examples I gave start from page 1, not when you appeared. Comparing womens football to watching paint dry, and some 54 year old bloke with knackered legs claiming he could beat most of the teams playing are two examples I can remember that fall into the categories I mentioned.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gaslight? That’s a good one. There are plenty of examples that I referred to from the start of the thread. I clearly wasn’t lamenting how it’s gone since then, the post you quoted I clearly say “to celebrate the tournament and womens success” and the examples I gave start from page 1, not when you appeared. Comparing womens football to watching paint dry, and some 54 year old bloke with knackered legs claiming he could beat most of the teams playing are two examples I can remember that fall into the categories I mentioned.
I know you think it's all about you and your views but try reading the thread from page 1 when the attacks and trolling started. Our discussions and views on this thread aren't just based on your appearances. Maybe we should start using PJ and AJ to make it easier to illustrate that this thread revolves around your views.
I know it's not all about me, so I don't know why you think going after my supposedly fragile ego is going to be anything but a waste of time.

You assume I haven't been reading and participating on this thread early doors; it seems to me the main insecurities are those projected by posters sat on a hair trigger who conflate "attacks" with honest criticisms and observations about the standard of the Football, and use every little tongue-in-cheek or offhanded comment as an excuse to go off on a morally-reaffirming tirade.
-The criticisms more or less subside after page 3 anyway for almost 100% Football talk, which undermines @rg4352 's contention that this thread has been devolving from the offset- it hasn't. I do spot the predictable dog-piling onto @reanswolf for his earnest views, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

The vast majority of this forum is delighted for the ladies, others have criticisms that are not in any way an attack. Your complaints are mostly about one poster, Longford Wolf, which tells me you are blowing this out of proportion. Get some perspective (Edit: is that better, Mutchy?).

EDIT: Cannot respond to any more comments, as I've been banned from this thread.

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I know it's not all about me, so I don't know why you think going after my supposedly fragile ego is going to be anything but a waste of time.

You assume I haven't been reading and participating on this thread early doors; it seems to me the main insecurities are those projected by posters sat on a hair trigger who conflate "attacks" with honest criticisms and observations about the standard of the Football, and use every little tongue-in-cheek or offhanded comment as an excuse to go off on a morally-reaffirming tirade.
-The criticisms more or less subside after page 3 anyway for almost 100% Football talk, which undermines @rg4352 's contention that this thread has been devolving from the offset- it hasn't. I do spot the predictable dog-piling onto @reanswolf for his earnest views, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

The vast majority of this forum is delighted for the ladies, others have criticisms that are not in any way an attack. Your complaints are mostly about one poster, Longford Wolf, which tells me you are blowing this out of proportion.
I supported Reans when I thought there was a bit of a pile on happening in this thread and I have noticed that his views on women's football has slightly changed over the last few years (for the better in my opinion, but some would disagree). However, I still disagree with his main arguments in the thread. For what it's worth, I never found your views on women's football on this thread particularly negative or even disagreeable, but I do find your sense of self-importance and your pseudo-behavioural psychology ramblings that are interspersed with gaming forum memes and insults boring.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The vast majority of this forum is delighted for the ladies, others have criticisms that are not in any way an attack. Your complaints are mostly about one poster, Longford Wolf, which tells me you are blowing this out of proportion. Get some perspective (Edit: is that better, Mutchy?).

I have no issue with reanswolf, that’s apparent from our posts, I disagree on a couple of things he says but I’d like to think there’s no aggro, I actually agreed with him to a point on how the media pushes and compares things and that neutrality is none existent. Likewise I’ve never had a specific issue with you, although being told to touch grass and accused of gaslighting I’d argue is OTT which is ironic when being told I’m blowing things out of proportion. Clearly you have your view point and I have mine, I didn’t agree with you seeming to make it all about you, apparently I’m not alone in getting that impression, when I was talking about the thread in general, but it’s fine, that’s what the ignore button is for, as we aren’t going to agree and your posts seem to be getting ruder every time, so I’ll just leave it there.

Last edited:
R

reanswolf

I supported Reans when I thought there was a bit of a pile on happening in this thread and I have noticed that his views on women's football has slightly changed over the last few years (for the better in my opinion, but some would disagree). However, I still disagree with his main arguments in the thread. For what it's worth, I never found your views on women's football on this thread particularly negative or even disagreeable, but I do find your sense of self-importance and your pseudo-behavioural psychology ramblings that are interspersed with gaming forum memes and insults boring.
My views haven’t changed in respect of the rights of women WB.

They have changed in relation to the standard, but I guess everyone’s has as it has definitely improved. Infact, I don’t think I have never slated the standard even previously.

Jefe is right, I did get jumped on by several posters who were really condescending, patronising In the extreme, just because I failed to get into it. People were making all sorts of false allegations about me.

But I don’t care to be honest, I say what I genuinely feel , I’m not saying I am right, but I like to be honest and I love debate. I always believe strongly in equality, its engrained in me, but I won’t be bullied by anyone and those who make such attacks are inconsequential to me.

But most people are just dead passionate about what they believe in, and that brings the devil out of all of us at times. I fully understand it’s a very sensitive subject.

My issue is with the press, that is why my nickname is Manchester United chief supporter ( awarded by the mods), I just hate it’s influence . SSN may as well just sponsor Man Utd. So I am sorry but I over react whenever I see the press go overboard and invariably people then misinterpret that I against those things when I really am just questioning the influence of the press and aspects of predictable human behaviour.

I am misunderstood, but I can’t explain myself well enough at times.

Anyway, let’s move on. Alls good, England Women won the Euros and opportunity for young girls is gonna explode.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

This all started with "a poster" (I do have a name, you know ;)) making a relatively straightforward post that praised the ladies and give a critical analysis of the goals, with a separate part criticising media favouritism, and bemoaning people here and elsewhere who feel they also had to denigrate the men; might have been an idea to resist that urge if y'all wanted the thread to remain purely as a celebration of the ladies?

If by "inspired", you mean I then summarily got my head bitten off by pearl clutchers who couldn't accept someone had strayed from the narrative, then yes that has much to do with how it got to that point. I gave some back too, but it takes two (more like 8 in this case) to tango. There was some decent debate and dialectic there at least, which suggests there was legs in the conversation, but it was also insinuated by multiple posters that I am a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist, a misogynist, a homophobe and a transphobe. I was still being personally trashed after I tried to steer things back toward the lighthearted.
Christ there is a lot of victimhood in this post, what a martyr. A true warrior of freedom and liberty.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the North Bank bar earlier with my wife and two little girls. Bloke next to me said it was lovely to see girls coming to the games which was nice.
I explained they both play as well
etc and he told me that he didn’t like ‘ladies’ football because ‘they make the same aggressive gestures as the men which isn’t ladylike and women shouldn’t do it’

Luckily my wife intervened & changed the subject before I went on a rant about what a stupid misogynistic toss badger he was.

Couldn’t believe that in 2022.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Looks like the novelty has worn off already. First home game after being crowned European champions and it’s not a sell out.
I wonder how many off here who were getting excited watching the tournament and telling everyone on here how brilliant i the lioness’s are have gone tonight.. Not many I bet.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sold-Out---Luxembourg.ashx

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like the novelty has worn off already. First home game after being crowned European champions and it’s not a sell out.
I wonder how many off here who were getting excited watching the tournament and telling everyone on here how brilliant i the lioness’s are have gone tonight.. Not many I bet.

There's still a long way to go before the popularity reaches anywhere near what the mens game is. Factor in financial strains that many people are facing, I'm not sure where the cynicism comes from. That also doesn't take away how brilliant their achievement was this summer.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's still a long way to go before the popularity reaches anywhere near what the mens game is. Factor in financial strains that many people are facing, I'm not sure where the cynicism comes from. That also doesn't take away how brilliant their achievement was this summer.
Agreed and it is not as if they are playing a really testing team. Good to see lots of youngsters there.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fair comments but, as @derbyrameater pointed out, it’s a sell-out.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It was a sell out, I tried to get tickets and didn’t manage to and was gutted as it’s local for me, likewise the USA friendly at Wembley is also sold out, unlike the England mens nations league game end of this month. But you carry on.

Back
Top Bottom