Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff shi in a roundabout way. He has made it clear we have to sell to buy. To pay the fee for nunes ( even if he wanted to come) would mean selling. Neves could raise enough . Or multiple sales like traore and coady maybe
What would Coady fetch? 20/25m?
Adama 10m

Nunes would be a lot but yeah you could say worth it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong (as I'm just parroting what I've been told), but I don't think that's the case at all
They also said the same in the ask Wolves questions and Jeff also said he turned down an extra 100m to support us during covid from Guo…. So in reality we are a small concern for Fosun

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff shi in a roundabout way. He has made it clear we have to sell to buy. To pay the fee for nunes ( even if he wanted to come) would mean selling. Neves could raise enough . Or multiple sales like traore and coady maybe
If Fosun want to run this policy then they need to get a management team more effective thanShi, Sellars and co. because it isn't working. Not if they want to challenge at a higher level.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They also said the same in the ask Wolves questions and Jeff also said he turned down an extra 100m to support us during covid from Guo…. So in reality we are a small concern for Fosun
Ok

Can only report what I've been told! My two sources don't believe the CCP influence affects us.

I have no idea. My instinct would be that it probably does have an influence

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, it is great you share anything that you hear and don’t risk the person who told you!

I know I really appreciate any ITK stuff knowing full well it may not pan out, it is great to hear something could happen/is happening behind the scenes as so little gets out.
Cheers mate.

Personally, I think Fosun have (obviously) been fantastic for us but we are going to tread water (at best) until we get new investment

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the word roundabout. You approach it and go around it so as to ignore it.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't want to sell Max do we ?Jesus.
Him and Collins are are centre backs for the next 4 or 5 years.
Oh god no!!!!!!!!!! Was agreeing he is the one with the biggest price tag out of him and conor

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a mark of how far we have come I suppose that, without really selling anyone, we have just spent 20m on one player (in a position we needed) but this isnt enough - and I Include myself as being one of those thats underwhelmed. I suppose for context we need to remember stellar signings such as Jed Wallace, George Saville and a bloke called Nathan something or other who I remember as being smaller that Podence.

Hopefully all is is not yet done and the encouraging tidbit regarding incomings from SBK has some substance.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a mark of how far we have come I suppose that, without really selling anyone, we have just spent 20m on one player (in a position we needed) but this isnt enough - and I Include myself as being one of those thats underwhelmed. I suppose for context we need to remember stellar signings such as Jed Wallace, George Saville and a bloke called Nathan something or other who I remember as being smaller that Podence.

Hopefully all is is not yet done and the encouraging tidbit regarding incomings from SBK has some substance.
Nathan Byrne ?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that the preferred route for Fosun is to float Fosun Sports Group as a separate financial entity, with Wolves being the diamond in the crown, so to speak. How does that fit in with the claims that Fosun are wanting to bin us off?
There’s a reason Chairman Guo turned up to watch a meaningless friendly in Lisbon, the first since the start of the pandemic and it wasn’t because he wanted a Nando’s.

*is Nando’s even Portuguese? :)

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s my understanding that the preferred route for Fosun is to float Fosun Sports Group as a separate financial entity, with Wolves being the diamond in the crown, so to speak. How does that fit in with the claims that Fosun are wanting to bin us off?
There’s a reason Chairman Guo turned up to watch a meaningless friendly in Lisbon, the first since the start of the pandemic and it wasn’t because he wanted a Nando’s.

If it’s separate then how does that help Wolves transfer fund?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not while playing for tesco. That will soon decrease

Didn't realise he had moved there lol. Yeah his record the last few years is quite impressive. Always thought he was a good player for the championship and we didn't give him a chance because we preferred absolute crap like Edwards running a lot instead.

Jeds stats

37 goals 39 assists the last five seasons at Millwall.

38 goals and 45 assists in all comps in that spell.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s separate then how does that help Wolves transfer fund?
Because if FSG is floated at £300m, that money is then cash in the bank. If they only float 49%, that’s still £150m without ceding any control as Fosun will still own 51%. Would Fosun prefer a float to many investor/shareholders rather than a strings attached partner? I think so, yes.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he is sign him up.

Back
Top Bottom