Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea lost two high class defenders just.

I know NWW.

That’s why I only mentioned Man City and Liverpool. They’ve also sold millions of pounds worth of reserves this window to Leeds, Southampton and Forest.

Pogba went for zilch from Yanited as well. I wouldn’t have paid a quid for him! Lingards on a free as well.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would I pay £10m to loan him for a season with no option? Good God no. If we get an offer anywhere near that I’ll drive him there myself. Use the money to bring in a youngster who wants to be here and might go on to become the player we all hoped Traore would become but hasn’t and never will.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know NWW.

That’s why I only mentioned Man City and Liverpool. They’ve also sold millions of pounds worth of reserves this window to Leeds, Southampton and Forest.

Pogba went for zilch from Yanited as well. I wouldn’t have paid a quid for him! Lingards on a free as well.
Fair point mate.
It’s telling how stable they appear as clubs, and also not afraid to sell if it’s the right thing too.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He loses his pace he'll still he able to beat people. You talk as though he just kicks it and runs after it, when in reality half the time he beats people at half-pace.
He'll still be quick when he's 35. He's hardly at his top speed at any point in a game.
Owen's quite reasonable pace(not in the same league as Adama's) had him able to find space that he couldn't find without it. He became a poacher that couldn't poach. Adama has never been able to find space, so I don't see how it will make much difference.
And I've said before people spoke about Michail Antonio at 25/26 saying he'd never make it in the Premier League he is just pace power and nothing else.
Michael Antonio was always a far more technically gifted player than adama to begin with.

Also Michael Antonio has actually improved his skills and finishing with training and hard work where adama for years of dedicated training (we saw Nuno giving him extra drills) has never upped his levels or maintained any consistency. For all this hard work he does to “improve” why is his finishing and basic passing so poor? Or his crosses if we’re being honest lofted and easy for a defender or keeper to deal with?

Adama is great when running with the ball and his ability to use a trick or quality bit skill or quick feet to beat a player is quite offensively over looked and that is a real shame. He is one of the best in Europe for that or Barca wouldn’t have taken the punt to have tried what they did last season with him.

but the rest of his game is just so far short of this one excellent area in his game.

The only moves he looks likely to get or sideways or backwards, he just needs to be realistic in his expectations and sign a new deal here, we offered him a better salary than he is currently on and frankly his agents/people should be telling him to take it as no one is seemingly coming to get him at the stupidly low (far too low) few we have supposedly set recently.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Pogba will be fine at Juve, they & France actually understand that you play him in front of two diligent and intelligent sitters and just let Paul be Paul you'll get a great tune out of him. Well France understood that, then Deschamps decided to change his system that won the World Cup.

Trying to make him a CM is daft, let him just wander round using his ridiculous technical ability to do ****.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the millionth time can people stop claiming traore doesn't want to be here and about how it must upset the team.

Not agreeing a contract is not the same thing and all reports indicate he's a good lad, well liked, and works hard still. .

This is a contractual thing, no more and no less. He's well within his rights to run his contract down if there isn't an acceptable deal from his side, or if he wants options.

If I were a footballer today this is exactly what I'd do unless I was worried about injury - that's his risk.

To say there's no interest is absolute rubbish too. It's about value - which appears to be a problem for many clubs right now post covid etc. Some people really have it in for traore instead of accepting him for what he is - an exciting footballer who is best mostly as a super sub due to a lack of footballing intelligence. And he's great at that - stop just playing stato and watch games.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays, I think he'll suit 4 at the back more then he did 5.
Not so sure about that. The wide players in the front 3 are playing much closer to Raul with the full backs offering all the width

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. The wide players in the front 3 are playing much closer to Raul with the full backs offering all the width

Neto played quiet wide. I think you can play with one wider winger in a 433 or a 4231 but not both. So unless we go 442 it's a case of Neto or Adama not both

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto played quiet wide. I think you can play with one wider winger in a 433 or a 4231 but not both. So unless we go 442 it's a case of Neto or Adama not both
If that's the case then Neto 100%

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its utter bull**** that people think posters actually hate him because they cant handle people dont think he is a god tier footballer. Its a pretty lame point of view. I'd be amazed if people genuinely hate any of our players.

In all honesty with him, the club have just stuffed up. If we are a sell to buy club, we didnt sell him when his stock was highest. We stuffed up letting his contract situation drag on and now we are left with this situation where as i said, the club will get crucified now whatever they do with him. Its been a complete ****show.
After Adama's second season his stock was highest. Many fans put a £80M pricetag on his head, in reality he was never worth that to a buying club. Had we sold for 40-50M Fosun would have been crucified, but no offers were tabled anyway.

After his third season, his value plummeted as he reverted to type and was largely ineffective. Reports suggesting he was for sale between 25-30M, no offers were made. Fosun gambled by loaning him to Barca halfway through the season. The gamble failed.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After Adama's second season his stock was highest. Many fans put a £80M pricetag on his head, in reality he was never worth that to a buying club. Had we sold for 40-50M Fosun would have been crucified, but no offers were tabled anyway.

After his third season, his value plummeted as he reverted to type and was largely ineffective. Reports suggesting he was for sale between 25-30M, no offers were made. Fosun gambled by loaning him to Barca halfway through the season. The gamble failed.

Yeah, agreed.

I don't think we ever had any offers for £80m when his stock was its highest. Nor for£40-50 for that matter.

I don't think anyone wanted to buy him when he was on sale for £25-30m either.

Barca were prepared to take him on a no risk loan basis. But then they didn't want to buy him.

To me, even in our squad he's not a guaranteed starter. He'd be competing with Neto, Podence and no MGW for a wider role.

But the unknown is where he thinks he's at and what level he thinks he should be playing?

He reportedly turned down a relatively high contract offer from us, which would have put him amongst our top paid players.

He will probably end up leaving on a free next summer, or for quite a low fee this window or next.

If he wants to start regularly as an out and out attacking player, it probably won't be at a top club.

If he wants to go to a top club, he will probably end up being used as an impact player, or as an attacking wingback option, because his output just isn't good enough to regularly start in the front 3 of a top side.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be nice for an update from the club on him, Hwang, Sa and Semedo as all appear to injured to some extent. Hwang must have a knock as he isnt doing full training.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Would be nice for an update from the club on him, Hwang, Sa and Semedo as all appear to injured to some extent. Hwang must have a knock as he isnt doing full training.
Hwang was on military duty is just catching up with preseason. Don’t think he’s had a knock or injured. It was widely reported that adama had gone for a scan follow e&s updates and podcast for info

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang was on military duty is just catching up with preseason. Don’t think he’s had a knock or injured. It was widely reported that adama had gone for a scan follow e&s updates and podcast for info

Think Hwang has got a knock. He was in full training last week but only doing light training this week.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see Traore as an impact sub only this season.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he won't play every minute of every game.
We have other players we can rotate. For me Traore is at his best when you're 1-0 up in the last 20 mins or playing against Man City and Liverpool. If he's happy being a sub then fine.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the millionth time can people stop claiming traore doesn't want to be here and about how it must upset the team.

Not agreeing a contract is not the same thing and all reports indicate he's a good lad, well liked, and works hard still. .

This is a contractual thing, no more and no less. He's well within his rights to run his contract down if there isn't an acceptable deal from his side, or if he wants options.

If I were a footballer today this is exactly what I'd do unless I was worried about injury - that's his risk.

To say there's no interest is absolute rubbish too. It's about value - which appears to be a problem for many clubs right now post covid etc. Some people really have it in for traore instead of accepting him for what he is - an exciting footballer who is best mostly as a super sub due to a lack of footballing intelligence. And he's great at that - stop just playing stato and watch games.
Or unless you played for the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers ;)

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if chiq hadn't got injured we'd take 10m but that burnley tackle was incredibly costly imho

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is Traore did himself no favours during his loan spell at Barcelona Imo.

For whatever reason he didn’t show the consistency required at a top club, a club he always wanted to play for as well. He was at Barcelona long enough to make an impression but for whatever reason it all fizzled out.

If he couldn’t hack it at Barcelona, why would any other top flight club think he could hack it with them!
Maybe that is just his level...Not making the bar at Barcelona is not a disgrace, he was only really there because the money has run out and they are in disarray, he was never Barcelona standard and was only going to be used the same way he is at Wolves.

There will always be a club willing to offer a bloke like Traore a chance, the question is are there any that are better placed than Wolves?
It's a thin selection between where we currently are, and the top four in the UK. Who would he be looking at....a West Ham? Nobody abroad is going to pay him what he gets in England, and he's not ready to drop down to Qatar or Saudi standard for a payday yet surely.
He's obviously very disappointed with how things have turned out, but Wolves did not stand in his way so he's got nothing to complain about in the way he was treated here.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Michael Antonio was always a far more technically gifted player than adama to begin with.

Also Michael Antonio has actually improved his skills and finishing with training and hard work where adama for years of dedicated training (we saw Nuno giving him extra drills) has never upped his levels or maintained any consistency. For all this hard work he does to “improve” why is his finishing and basic passing so poor? Or his crosses if we’re being honest lofted and easy for a defender or keeper to deal with?

The other example closer to home is our own Don Goodman. When he was at Bradford and Albion, he was absolutely rapid and got his record-breaking move to Sunderland just because of his pace, where he picked up injuries and gradually lost his advantage.
The player we got wasn't the same player and he had to forget Premier League dreams, but he continued a decent career and became a much better all round footballer and team player.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore will do well when there is more attacking players up the pitch when we play a back 4

Fingers crossed we can keep him or get 10-15m for him
Reading this makes me feel he is still little different from the£12 million player we bought.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pogba will be fine at Juve, they & France actually understand that you play him in front of two diligent and intelligent sitters and just let Paul be Paul you'll get a great tune out of him. Well France understood that, then Deschamps decided to change his system that won the World Cup.

Trying to make him a CM is daft, let him just wander round using his ridiculous technical ability to do ****.
Your man Pogba will indeed be fine. Twice now Juve have got him for nothing and he has earned a fortune in his career.
Undoubted ability and has had the odd brilliant game for United, but too often he has simply switched off.
For me he will always go down as a massive disappointment and a wasted talent in the Premier League.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Your man Pogba will indeed be fine. Twice now Juve have got him for nothing and he has earned a fortune in his career.
Undoubted ability and has had the odd brilliant game for United, but too often he has simply switched off.
For me he will always go down as a massive disappointment and a wasted talent in the Premier League.
Yeah huge disappointment in the Prem. Massive flop, one of the biggest ever

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other example closer to home is our own Don Goodman. When he was at Bradford and Albion, he was absolutely rapid and got his record-breaking move to Sunderland just because of his pace, where he picked up injuries and gradually lost his advantage.
The player we got wasn't the same player and he had to forget Premier League dreams, but he continued a decent career and became a much better all round footballer and team player.
But adama is so far lacking in other areas his career would be at championship at best if he had a significant hamstring injury that hurts his sprint speed.

Don goodman yes he was rapid before he joined us, he was still a decent finisher and link player ontop.

Adama while being the most electrifying dribbler in all of sports entertainment, he is woeful when asked to do more basic skills like passing and shooting and also his crosses are very easy to deal with due to the fact they are slow lob crosses more often than not which is frustrating because every so often when he hits them harder and flatter they are really dangerous!!! Why can’t he do the latter more often…..

Adama is very one dimensional, that isn’t meant as a criticism as his one dimension is like nothing or no one else in the game currently.

I don’t think he, his representatives or the people close to him realise that we are the best he is going to do as a permanent home/parent club in his career when you look at how his career has gone club wise because of the limitations in his game.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
But adama is so far lacking in other areas his career would be at championship at best if he had a significant hamstring injury that hurts his sprint speed.

Don goodman yes he was rapid before he joined us, he was still a decent finisher and link player ontop.

Adama while being the most electrifying dribbler in all of sports entertainment, he is woeful when asked to do more basic skills like passing and shooting and also his crosses are very easy to deal with due to the fact they are slow lob crosses more often than not which is frustrating because every so often when he hits them harder and flatter they are really dangerous!!! Why can’t he do the latter more often…..

Adama is very one dimensional, that isn’t meant as a criticism as his one dimension is like nothing or no one else in the game currently.

I don’t think he, his representatives or the people close to him realise that we are the best he is going to do as a permanent home/parent club in his career when you look at how his career has gone club wise because of the limitations in his game.

again your hatred of the player blinds you. he is perfectly capable of passing the ball, in fact there were a few times last season he played some lovely weighted through balls, but you never see that because you dont like the guy. He was at one point winning balls in the air, on the ground in the middle of the park and laying it off (apparently he was being lazy and uninterested at that point) and again the myth sayers state he can only run fast.

and before its asked do I think he is a top 4 player? no, consistency will stop that and besides neves aside i dont think we have any top 4 players but for the type of team we are he is a good player and worth a contract. Plus what i feel people are also forgetting with the advent of extra subs the likelihood of more teams playing high press is higher, which a player like traore is perfect for breaking with, we saw how poor we were at that last season once he was loaned out, he gets us up the pitch.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
again your hatred of the player blinds you. he is perfectly capable of passing the ball, in fact there were a few times last season he played some lovely weighted through balls, but you never see that because you dont like the guy. He was at one point winning balls in the air, on the ground in the middle of the park and laying it off (apparently he was being lazy and uninterested at that point) and again the myth sayers state he can only run fast.

and before its asked do I think he is a top 4 player? no, consistency will stop that and besides neves aside i dont think we have any top 4 players but for the type of team we are he is a good player and worth a contract. Plus what i feel people are also forgetting with the advent of extra subs the likelihood of more teams playing high press is higher, which a player like traore is perfect for breaking with, we saw how poor we were at that last season once he was loaned out, he gets us up the pitch.
Hate is a strong word. I don't hate him, but I completely agree with wolfslair that he lacks some basic skills, which is probably why no-one is interested in him.

He can be absolutely brilliant, beat two players, and then waste it. He struggles to weight a pass and his shots and crosses are hit or miss. I also think he switches off or fails to read a game.

Having said that I agree he will probably get a seat on the bench and be used as an impact sub. We don't have many options.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Regardless of someone's overall opinion of Adama's ability, I think everyone is agreed that he isn't consistent enough for a top tier club and that with 5 subs next season he will be a very useful option to have in any squad.

I hope he signs a new deal and gets back to his best with us. He's been offered what Wolves see as a fair contract for a player of his ability and standing.

Sadly, I don't think he will sign a contract, so he will probably be sold to at least get some money back.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think what you are saying is partially true. I dont think he is the sort to down tools or cause trouble, and i dont think he is unpopular. I think though its fair to say he would rather be elsewhere if the opportunity comes up. You cant blame players for chasing the money, they have to look after their best interests.

In terms of interest, i guess we will see if there is any. At the moment there doesnt appear to be anything on the horizon. 10 million would more than likely get him, which is pretty much peanuts for any top 10 premier league side yet we are still waiting for somebody to come in with a serious offer for him. There has only really been Spurs that have shown any interest and they have moved on to players like Spence to fill that attacking wing back role.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t hate the guy, I just think he is significantly over rated. Am I not allowed to discuss this with people who do on a forum? Or js having negative views on Adama not allowed?
I am sorry that I no longer just love the fact the crosses and opportunities he gets don’t amount to much in a team where chances and goals are at a premium.

Why does someone who doesn’t think adama is as great as his hype a “hater”? I suppose it is easier for you to say “hater” than it is to objectively discuss the failings in your favourite players game, that’s cool.

I am sorry that I want to see end product. I am sorry I don’t want to see crosses more often than not end up in the keepers arms or headed away with no difficulty or him miss her another sitter.

Hwang gets significantly more hatred on here for far despite having far more tangible point contributing actions.. but you don’t come at people as being haters of him or ask people to tone it down when it comes to him. Also Hwang has goals in the champions league and a regular starter who gets goals and assists for his country. Things Adama cannot claim as he is rarely picked now and was I believe one of the few unused outfield players in the Spain euros squad.

I comment like I do about adama, because he gets far more excuses for **** all contribution of goals and assists than a player in Hwang who does have goals and assists and had our best shot conversion rate who despite having a bad run, still shows for the ball
And tries and doesn’t hide away. You allow that to constantly fly in a far more vitriolic way and some posters are prolific with hwang in a far nastier way but you leave it unchecked and no accusations of being a “hater” or say “your hatred blinds you”

So if you even put the playing field a bit, I would happily tone down my posting about adama.

It isn’t hatred to think a player is far over hyped and I am offering fair and probable counter points that aren’t based on objectivity or blinkered opinion. My opinions are backed up in the numbers. His passing stats aren’t very good by the way.

I also have said in another posts that his close ball work and ability to use a trick is fantastic so I am not blind to what he can do well or in that case the best in the squad. I have also said his whipped and flat cross is very dangerous this morning and I wish he used that more…..

I just no longer see the hype and for a team lacking in goals seeing a player who contributes next to nothing in assists and goals and people talking like he is so important doesn’t make sense.

Watch his passes objectively, they more often than not hit way to hard and there is also the fact he has to stop and do a big wind up to complete a pass. He has the lowest completed pass % of all the wide and midfield options, only closest one is podence whose passing game is aimed at the more riskier passes to unlock defences. So my comments about his passing ability aren’t inaccurate when looking at the numbers. But I suppose the stats are “haters”

It is great he gets us up the field, fantastic, but we are more potent and also create more chances when he doesn’t play. So surely for a team that has issues scoring he isn’t a good fit for us?

I wasn’t going to ask if he is a top 4 player as no fan or “hater” thinks that he is.

But my opinions are based on facts and figures, that doesn’t make me a hater. Your opinion is based on personal feelings and they are far more “blinded” in opinion forming than how mine has been made.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also bod, I have never said he was lazy or uninterested.

some arguments and points of frustrations in criticising adama you have put in a post responding to me have never been made by me.

Ask me for my total view of adama and there are positives.

He is clearly a great guy, he clearly loves the lads and they love him back, he is a dedicated professional to his strength and conditioning as to be an explosive athlete and not have any injuries is a testament to him and it is abundantly clear he looks after himself as an athlete nutritionally, he is great with the fans and I know he does try and care, you can see that when he plays. I wouldn’t ever criticise any of those things about him!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate is a strong word. I don't hate him, but I completely agree with wolfslair that he lacks some basic skills, which is probably why no-one is interested in him.

He can be absolutely brilliant, beat two players, and then waste it. He struggles to weight a pass and his shots and crosses are hit or miss. I also think he switches off or fails to read a game.

Having said that I agree he will probably get a seat on the bench and be used as an impact sub. We don't have many options.
Thank you!!!! Hate is such a strong word.

I don’t hate any player who plays for wolves, nice to see that clearly I am not “blinded by hatred” and someone else sees the same weakness in his game and weight of passing.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think what you are saying is partially true. I dont think he is the sort to down tools or cause trouble, and i dont think he is unpopular. I think though its fair to say he would rather be elsewhere if the opportunity comes up. You cant blame players for chasing the money, they have to look after their best interests.

In terms of interest, i guess we will see if there is any. At the moment there doesnt appear to be anything on the horizon. 10 million would more than likely get him, which is pretty much peanuts for any top 10 premier league side yet we are still waiting for somebody to come in with a serious offer for him. There has only really been Spurs that have shown any interest and they have moved on to players like Spence to fill that attacking wing back role.
Fair yep.

Definitely seems to be limited funds in the market rn, or it's slower than usual.

Maybe we can tempt newcastle!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Also bod, I have never said he was lazy or uninterested.

some arguments and points of frustrations in criticising adama you have put in a post responding to me have never been made by me.

Ask me for my total view of adama and there are positives.

He is clearly a great guy, he clearly loves the lads and they love him back, he is a dedicated professional to his strength and conditioning as to be an explosive athlete and not have any injuries is a testament to him and it is abundantly clear he looks after himself as an athlete nutritionally, he is great with the fans and I know he does try and care, you can see that when he plays. I wouldn’t ever criticise any of those things about him!

the lazy comment was a more general comment.

The reason i say you hate the guy is pretty much any opportunity to post the same opinion that he has no ability outside of running it is made even on discussions barely connected. You're not the only one but you tend to be quite prolific.

Lastly, if you weren't allowed to post your opinion they wouldn't be on the forum!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone any idea when his due to start playing again?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
newcastle suppose to have an interest.

And in terms of playing jos will be interested to see sunday if he gets a run out against valencia b, or next weekend

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama brings an energy, excitement and sense of adventure to the Wolves game that no other player does. Like the earlier poster who anticipates with more forwards this season we can anticipate more goals/assists from Adama this year. To me Hwang was the let down last season. This is not to say he won't improve but I felt too much time was invested in him last season with very limited reward. I'm not over interested in stats - lies, damned lies and statistics (and all that). I have an air of anticipation when Adama or/and Raul get the ball that deserts me when I see Hwang pick it up. And yes I know the rewards may not be everything we want them to be when Adama does get a shot or lays off a a wayward pass, but nothing lifts the spirits more than seeing Adama beat two - three - four players in trying to create that opportunity. I don't expect Adama will start every game but he should start some and indeed finish the majority but with the extra sub requirement he should finish most. I look forward to it.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That was the point, Don Goodman never played above Championship level again...even with his link play and ability to jump high to win headers, he actually became a foil instead of the main striker..

Back
Top Bottom