Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just my opinion……just a ‘feeling’…….

I think what annoys many of the posters are some fans who find fault with anything related to Wolves, Jeff, Sellers, the transfer team.
At least they are a minority.

Some reasonable criticism is fine but a rational fan would know that Wolves, Jeff, Bruno don’t always get things wrong. Always and everything?……no way. Nobody at Wolves is that incompetent.

Does anybody on here think they could run a PL club any better? Or anybody think they’d be infallible at transfers? And never make a mistake?
If your answer to either of these is a big yes, then you are going to be incredibly rich as clubs fight over you.

And all your posts will be collected and printed in book form and in many languages…..
Your first two paragraphs are exactly my view. I do get the same worries that are expressed by some of the negative posts and I certainly don't deny their right to hold the views they do. It is the constant criticism, the ability to accept the most unfounded conspiracy theories and read signs of doom into everything that is reported, irrespective of the source, or the relevance. It is also the lazy and repetitive use of the same cliché terminology and put downs about the club's owners, managers, players. That sought of thing stops being funny, when you do that too often about another club, but when it is your own, my threshold is lower. The fact that it incites me, at times, to defend a Chinese multinational corporate entity is ironic, to myself at least!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First two days back are testing with the sports science team, he has no need to be here.
I think you’re looking into something to find a problem to be honest. Does the roofer turn up on a building site when bricks are still being laid? There’s absolutely no need for him to be there to oversee a load of fitness tests.
I bet SAF was there every season on Day One.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest the Mix in summer is lethal.

At one extreme you have people who repeatedly post gloom and doom about everything that the club does. At the other extreme you have people who are overly positive about everything.

I get that people have different views. The problem comes when they post the same thing, possibly with minor word changes, over and over and over..... It actually doesn't matter what the view is, reading the same thing repeatedly is tedious.
Hmmmm, haven't you complained about repetition one or twice before?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet he wasn’t he was notorious as an old school manager who rarely got involved in the coaching aspect so Why would he want to be there to oversee the sports science team working?
I didn't say he would be overseeing the sports science. He'd be at the club.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't say he would be overseeing the sports science. He'd be at the club.

This is part of the issue with this discussion. SBK appears to believe everyone who thought Bruno should be at work was expecting him to be conducting the sports science tests. If you dare to have an opinion that the head coach of the club should be at the training ground when the players are you’re deemed a pant wetter etc.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is part of the issue with this discussion. SBK appears to believe everyone who thought Bruno should be at work was expecting him to be conducting the sports science tests. If you dare to have an opinion that the head coach of the club should be at the training ground when the players are you’re deemed a pant wetter etc.
Quite. Just ignore the happy clapping.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was claimed Lage was not in the country and still on holiday, yet he was here all along. This seems to have started more disagreements despite being innacurate information.

Last edited:

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was claimed Lage was not in the country and still on holiday, yet he was here all along. This seems to have started more disagreements despite being innacurate information.

That info came from Lage's Instagram post on Monday showing his kids playing in his sun kissed garden in Portugal with the caption pre pre season part 3. I guess Lage flew back Monday or early Tuesday

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That info came from Lage's Instagram post on Monday showing his kids playing in his sun kissed garden in Portugal with the caption pre pre season part 3. I guess Lage flew back Monday or early Tuesday
How inconsiderate of him to spend time with his family when people on the Mix were so worried. An earlier flight would have reduced this thread by at least two pages.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I imply that?
No, not you personally. I was merely replying to your post to keep the topic flowing in sequence rather than posting separately. There has however been a bit of a panic here about his delayed return. I have no idea what your take on it was, so sorry if I implied otherwise.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or the photo was taken last week and was posted Monday from Wolverhampton. Not everyone posts stuff upto date so therefor shouldnt be taken as gospel that he wasnt here. We can only guess when he came back, but clearly he was here for training yesterday when some were saying he was still out of the country causing disagreements. I think its just the guess work and misinformation which goes on to cause petty posts back and forth which could be avoided as it was shown soon after he was at Compton.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or the photo was taken last week and was posted Monday from Wolverhampton. Not everyone posts stuff upto date so therefor shouldnt be taken as gospel that he wasnt here. We can only guess when he came back, but clearly he was here for training yesterday when some were saying he was still out of the country causing disagreements. I think its just the guess work and misinformation which goes on to cause petty posts back and forth which could be avoided as it was shown soon after he was at Compton.

To be quite honest I don't really care when he passed through Brum Airport, I was explaining where the info came from that made people assume he was still abroad

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be quite honest I don't really care when he passed through Brum Airport, I was explaining where the info came from that made people assume he was still abroad

Yes, I saw his Instagram post before it was starting to get discussed on here, but didnt assume anything from it. I just think its better to wait for facts rather than assuming things is all I'm saying. I dont care when he arrived either and didnt get involved in the debate, but people assuming stuff causes pages of disagreements for nothing.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, I saw his Instagram post before it was starting to get discussed on here, but didnt assume anything from it. I just think its better to wait for facts rather than assuming things is all I'm saying. I dont care when he arrived either and didnt get involved in the debate, but people assuming stuff causes pages of disagreements for nothing.

Indeed. Its silly season though and these things go on especially in the absence of any real news for folks to discuss

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Anyone think he won't make it to November?
Depends what the target is? I presume the target is anything 17th or above, who would come in either? Would you believe Jeff and Sellars if they said you would get backing?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone think he won't make it to November?
If he is not supported in the transfer window (we shall see, but previous windows do not augur well) can't see him lasting that long. In any event I feel he is a mediocre/average manager at best.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is not supported in the transfer window (we shall see, but previous windows do not augur well) can't see him lasting that long. In any event I feel he is a mediocre/average manager at best.

As half of the managers are below average, being merely average isn't so bad. Though I think we are in a similar "glass ceiling" position with potential managers as we are players. The manager who would genuinely make us a force to reckon with is going to be on the radar of far bigger clubs. So we are kind of stuck, waiting to strike lucky in the way we did with Nuno. And that sort of luck is rare for most clubs.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

As half of the managers are below average, being merely average isn't so bad. Though I think we are in a similar "glass ceiling" position with potential managers as we are players. The manager who would genuinely make us a force to reckon with is going to be on the radar of far bigger clubs. So we are kind of stuck, waiting to strike lucky in the way we did with Nuno. And that sort of luck is rare for most clubs.
Probably helped that Nuno got backing, only up until 2018 though.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably helped that Nuno got backing, only up until 2018 though.

Yes, and his demenour visibly changed at that point. Adding 2 + 2, I still think he was informed around that time that the club would need to sell before they buy and lost interest in the project, understandably. Probably knew this by the window after the Fabio deal - if only the Chinese government had put their foot down just before that...

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The boss has been quietly going about his business. I wonder when his first media interview will be? I also wonder if he’s been advised to zip it regarding his thoughts on transfers and squad prep.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The boss has been quietly going about his business. I wonder when his first media interview will be? I also wonder if he’s been advised to zip it regarding his thoughts on transfers and squad prep.

First obligation will be pre-Leeds, though I’m sure he’ll be doing post-match interviews at the very least for our four advertised upcoming friendlies. So maybe we’ll hear from him Weds onwards.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be nice to hear from him soon. From watching Sky Sports it seems most Head Coaches have spoken to the press. Would be nice to hear his views on the coming season and where we are with incomings etc.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Would be nice to hear from him soon. From watching Sky Sports it seems most Head Coaches have spoken to the press. Would be nice to hear his views on the coming season and where we are with incomings etc.
He’s not going to reveal anything is he.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think there's been good value on Bruno here. Long odds imo. If we get off to a bad start, Fosun will get rid.

Gerrard very long too but I imagine the Villa board are sufficiently in awe of his name so as to keep him if they start poorly.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think there's been good value on Bruno here. Long odds imo. If we get off to a bad start, Fosun will get rid.

Gerrard very long too but I imagine the Villa board are sufficiently in awe of his name so as to keep him if they start poorly.
Define a “bad start”. Maybe around 15th. at Xmas? Even sooner?

After last season’s performances, I have concerns about Bruno. But in fairness, we did seem to have a lot of injuries and it’s a new season .

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Bruno is a best priced 12/1 with BetVictor. And I tend to agree with you. He could be under real pressure with say, 1 win from the first six games, and we all know who Shi will blame.
I have this nightmare vision of Shi with his arm round Dyche saying, "We've always admired what Sean has done on a limited budget..."

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's he supposed to say at a press conference this early, though? The emphasis is going to be on transfers - Neves, MGW, Traore and Dendoncker as potential departures/new contracts, and then incomings - and he's not going to be at liberty to say anything about that. So, "We'll see/no comment". Formations and strategy? "No comment." What's the point? Just let the geezer get on with training and planning.

Back
Top Bottom