Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The TV coverage wasnt great but the red card looked a bit unlucky. Yellow at most?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it was a 2nd yellow as opposed to straight red ?
Thanks, didnt realise that. Didnt see all the coverage and i thought from comms it was a straight red.
On reply, i still think it was unlucky.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bitterly disappointing for the ladies. A travesty that the league winners should have to have a play off but that’s the rules and just shows how little the woman’s game is thought of by the FA despite the lip service it pays it. The ladies were **** on last season with being denied promotion too but we’ll done Wolves women you’ve done your coaches, the fans and yourselves very proud. I’m sure this will make them more determined than ever next season.

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both wolves and Southampton should both of got promoted as they were both top of their leagues . Having a playoff when you have finished top is absolutely ridiculous idea by some brain dead ****

beppe7619

Reaction score
If only they played like they did second half in the first half with 11 on the pitch they would of won

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the 3rd season in a row that our Women's side, has been messed with by the footballing authorities. They stormed to the League Title but due to the blatent inequality and sexism rooted in The FA, means they can't take their rightful next step upwards.

It's a national disgrace and I hope that heads will roll and the system can be fixed, but I am sure it will make Dan and the whole side even more determined and hungary to win it next campaign!

It's just the start for our phenominal side and the sooner we are away from this pathetic excuse of a League: the better for all!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

This is the 3rd season in a row that our Women's side, has been messed with by the footballing authorities. They stormed to the League Title but due to the blatent inequality and sexism rooted in The FA, means they can't take their rightful next step upwards.

It's a national disgrace and I hope that heads will roll and the system can be fixed, but I am sure it will make Dan and the whole side even more determined and hungary to win it next campaign!

It's just the start for our phenominal side and the sooner we are away from this pathetic excuse of a League: the better for all!
Disappointing but hardly blatant sexism and a national disgrace, but well done for not doing the whole post in capital letters.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Hahahahaahaha. You really are the gift the keeps on giving. You’ve made my Sunday morning. This surpasses your Jaffacake outrage.

Sexism, really????

Spitfire

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It’s not sexism, it’s just **** poor organisation from the FA. Nothing new there then!! Plenty of the men’s lower leagues had the same issues during Covid.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change to the ground they will play at next season.

R

reanswolf

Be interesting to see the gates,. with this high profile publicity for the women's game.
Will Telford's ground be big enough?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change to the ground they will play at next season.

I know that Wolves “reserves” played at Telford for many years (and we invested in the pitch i think) but didnt we switch to Kidderminster because of the number of cancellations caused by pitch issues?
I thought Baggies u23s then started playing there, do they still?
The pitch will get some hammer if TFC, Baggies u23s and Wolves ladies are playing on it most weeks.

Reaction score
I know that Wolves “reserves” played at Telford for many years (and we invested in the pitch i think) but didnt we switch to Kidderminster because of the number of cancellations caused by pitch issues?
I thought Baggies u23s then started playing there, do they still?
The pitch will get some hammer if TFC, Baggies u23s and Wolves ladies are playing on it most weeks.
The problem was at the hotel end of the ground, Telford had work done on the drainage so hopefully it will hold up

Reaction score
Nice trolling back to you.

Telford only holds a few thousand I would have thought. Why won't it be nearly full, with the expansion of the women's game?
It holds north of 6000, Wolves women won't fill it, most Women's Premier League sides don't get anywhere near that at the moment.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Nice trolling back to you.

Telford only holds a few thousand I would have thought. Why won't it be nearly full, with the expansion of the women's game?
If you're going to troll, its definitely best to double down on it just to be sure.
How dare the women have a Euros and have it treated as a significant event.

R

reanswolf

If you're going to troll, its definitely best to double down on it just to be sure.
My God, you really have a problem don't you.

I thought Telford would have held 2-3000, and I think Wolves women deserve to be backed more following their exploits last season. After the Euros, who knows how much gates will increase? I think you will find they will increase quite a lot.

I don't like what I feel is disproportionate airtime the women's game receives on SSN, but I do want them to succeed and have no issue with the women's game evolving. The standard has improved tremendously. The two issues are separate, but its not my fault if you can't distinguish that.

R

reanswolf

It holds north of 6000, Wolves women won't fill it, most Women's Premier League sides don't get anywhere near that at the moment.
I didn't realise it holds that many.
Don't you think the game will evolve following the Euros?
I bet you gates increase quite a lot.

Reaction score
In fairness Mutchy, whilst the Euro's are hopefully raising the profile of the women's game they are making a huge loss financially and are not typical of the women's game in this country as it stands. My daughter plays and i've been to games at National league level where the crowd has been a few relatives and a dog.

More important than the Euro's would be investment into the grassroots game, get more girls involved in playing and find a way past the disconnect at 18 when lots of girls are lost to the game. Wolverhampton itself illustrates the problems, despite having a population of over a quarter of a million, aside from Wolves Ladies who because of the level they play at attract players from a wide area, with the demise of Bilbrook and Wednesfield a couple of years ago there is no Ladies team at either County or Regional level within the city.

R

reanswolf

In 2019/20, Spurs women averaged a very credible 8000, and 6 others more than 3000.
That was 2 years ago. Things have changed / evolved.
Yes they are top flight, and I know Wolves women aren't, but we are a footballing town

Reaction score
I didn't realise it holds that many.
Don't you think the game will evolve following the Euros?
I bet you gates increase quite a lot.
Official capacity I think is 6300.
From involvement in the Women's game because my daughter plays I suspect it will have little long term impact.
Women's games for the most part kick off at 2.00pm on a Sunday, Wolves are playing on a Sunday who are you watching?

R

reanswolf

Official capacity I think is 6300.
From involvement in the Women's game because my daughter plays I suspect it will have little long term impact.
Women's games for the most part kick off at 2.00pm on a Sunday, Wolves are playing on a Sunday who are you watching?
I understand that it will find it inherently difficult to compete with the men's game, but if I was a schoolgirl, I might be interested.
I think it will evolve quite markedly, maybe not immediately but I would have thought that having the Euros here will be a great boost.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
In fairness Mutchy, whilst the Euro's are hopefully raising the profile of the women's game they are making a huge loss financially and are not typical of the women's game in this country as it stands. My daughter plays and i've been to games at National league level where the crowd has been a few relatives and a dog.

More important than the Euro's would be investment into the grassroots game, get more girls involved in playing and find a way past the disconnect at 18 when lots of girls are lost to the game. Wolverhampton itself illustrates the problems, despite having a population of over a quarter of a million, aside from Wolves Ladies who because of the level they play at attract players from a wide area, with the demise of Bilbrook and Wednesfield a couple of years ago there is no Ladies team at either County or Regional level within the city.
The womens game has a hell of a lot of ground to make up for sure, but it needs encouragement and constructive views like your own, not derision and an unwillingness to see it progress.
The FA stopped women playing at a time when they were attracting large crowds. Who knows where the game would be now had it been allowed to progress further.
I played in the boys set up until falling foul of the FA ruling that girls couldn’t do so beyond the age of 14. My manager appealed and even signed me along with all my team mates, though he couldn’t play me. At least girls these days have a career path to aim for, and I hope that potential grows as much as possible.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Be interesting to see the gates,. with this high profile publicity for the women's game.
Will Telford's ground be big enough?
The biggest game in the wolves ladies history (the play off final vs Southampton) had a crowd of 1,345 and I would say the majority were Southampton fans.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

My God, you really have a problem don't you.

I thought Telford would have held 2-3000, and I think Wolves women deserve to be backed more following their exploits last season. After the Euros, who knows how much gates will increase? I think you will find they will increase quite a lot.

I don't like what I feel is disproportionate airtime the women's game receives on SSN, but I do want them to succeed and have no issue with the women's game evolving. The standard has improved tremendously. The two issues are separate, but its not my fault if you can't distinguish that.
Women's sport gets something like 5% of coverage vs men's. Disproportionate? Sky talk about men's transfers more in a day than they do about women's sport in a month.

Can't imagine being offended by seeing women's football reported on SSN

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Women's sport gets something like 5% of coverage vs men's. Disproportionate? Sky talk about men's transfers more in a day than they do about women's sport in a month.

To be fair to him he's massively increased the proportion of discussion about women's football on the Mix. He can't stop talking about it.

R

reanswolf

Where have I said I am offended by it?

This is the problem, a lot of people like to draw their own simple conclusions, they draw their own simplistic stereotypes about people. People can say what they like, they can say I said something when I never said it, and genuinely think it's true.

Well guess what, I hope England women win, even though I am not massively invested in it. I am perfectly happy for women's football to evolve and improve, and fully expect it to.

Find someone else to hate (J.wolfie and wonderboyo), even if a popular Moderator is trying to stir it up and accuse me of things I never said.

Why not try and have a go at those posters on the other thread about the Lionesses who feel same as me? Draw your backward conclusions there too if you like............

"this weird passive-aggressive levelling up agenda that the media seems to have with women's sport, or the traditionally male sports of football and cricket, does nothing to further their cause."

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reanswolf

I see another post removed, possibly by the poster himself. Mustn’t upset the Mods :)-.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In 2019/20, Spurs women averaged a very credible 8000, and 6 others more than 3000.
That was 2 years ago. Things have changed / evolved.
Yes they are top flight, and I know Wolves women aren't, but we are a footballing town
It's a shame that the women and U23's can't play at a venue within that town though.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
What was the crowd when they played at Molineux towards the end of the season? That might be the best indicator of potential when it comes to support.

Personally I think its a shame that they have had to re-locate out of town again, but can understand that they need better facilities.

The alternative of course would be for them to use Molineux, that would be a huge show of commitment to the Women's set up and give them the best chance to progress. It would be costly, but in context probably only a weeks wages for one of the men's team. There would be fixture changes with the men playing a lot of games on Sunday's but I would imagine opposition teams would put up with that for the chance to play in a PL stadium.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was the crowd when they played at Molineux towards the end of the season? That might be the best indicator of potential when it comes to support.

Personally I think its a shame that they have had to re-locate out of town again, but can understand that they need better facilities.

The alternative of course would be for them to use Molineux, that would be a huge show of commitment to the Women's set up and give them the best chance to progress. It would be costly, but in context probably only a weeks wages for one of the men's team. There would be fixture changes with the men playing a lot of games on Sunday's but I would imagine opposition teams would put up with that for the chance to play in a PL stadium.
I know it is in the realms of fantasy, but following on from a post I made the other day: The ideal solution would be for some external investment, whereby a minority business partner puts some cash into developing the Women's team, alongside Fosun. In those circumstances you could imagine a project to develop a small, but top class, venue within the city that could be used by the women - at a higher level of the game - and perhaps also by the U23's.

Back
Top Bottom