Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan Thread- 2022/23

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I caught the last 20 mins of Rotherhams friendly. Lonwijk looked decent, made two or three really smart pieces of defending and did not look out of place.

Definitely looked nervous (trying too hard to impress maybe) and was maybe caught out a couple of times but yes, definitely agree there were good positives too

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hearing Christian Marques is on his way to Oxford United on a season long loan.

They see Oxford as a good place for him to develop due to the back 3 system Oxford United use.

Well well. Welcome to the forum Ricardo! When are we announcing Nunes please?!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night:

Nigel Lonwijk made his second trial appearance in 24 hours for Rotherham United, playing the second 45 mins in their 1-1 draw away at Salford

Leonardo Campana played 90 mins as Inter Miami lost 2-1 to Philadelphia

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday friendlies (so far):

As per @JadeWolf, Lewis Richards scored a belter from outside the box as he scored Harrogate’s only goal in a 1-0 win over Huddersfield Town. Richards played 64 mins

Dion Sanderson played 76mins as Blues beat Burton 2-1 away.

Louie Moulden pulled off a couple of excellent saves in his 63min appearance as Solihull Moors drew 1-1 away at Brackley

Taylor Perry came on with 14mins left as Cheltenham Town lost 2-1 at home to Cardiff.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saturday friendlies (so far):

As per @JadeWolf, Lewis Richards scored a belter from outside the box as he scored Harrogate’s only goal in a 1-0 win over Huddersfield Town. Richards played 64 mins

Dion Sanderson played 76mins as Blues beat Burton 2-1 away.

Louie Moulden pulled off a couple of excellent saves in his 63min appearance as Solihull Moors drew 1-1 away at Brackley

Taylor Perry came on with 14mins left as Cheltenham Town lost 2-1 at home to Cardiff.

Ki-Jana Hoever was booked and played 73 mins as PSV lost 2-1 vs. Villarreal

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leonardo Campana played 60 mins as Inter Miami came from behind to beat Charlotte 3-2. That’s now 3 games without a goal and 1 in the last 6 for Campana

Hayao Kawabe scored and played 60 mins and Bolla played 78 mins as Grasshoppers finished their season warm up with a 3-2 win away vs Wehen of Germany

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I won't post re: Fabio as there are already three other threads on the go, however the OP has been updated to reflect the current loanees.

Tonight we have:

Ryan Giles possibly in action for Middlesbrough away at Morecambe
KI-Jana Hoever possibly in action vs Eindhoven
Taylor Perry vs Dion Sanderson for Cheltenham vs Blues.

Rotherham are also playing and whilst I doubt Lonwijk will play, its noticeable he hasn't gone out with the u21s so a loan move must be in the offing shortly.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have kept Giles to compete with RAN.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have kept Giles to compete with RAN.

I think you really overrate our younger players Jos. Maybe I’m cynical but the step up is so big, he’s not even close from a defensive point of view.

None of our younger players are close to being a realistic challenger to the first team tbh, aside from Morgan. They just get on the bench and start the odd game because our small squad puts us in trouble when injuries or suspensions arise.

If we signed a centre mid Cundle would need to be shipped out as he desperately needs a season somewhere after seeing him at Newcastle away.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having saw a few of his games I think he would struggle as wing back in the premier league. There is a decent player but think he is suited to playing further forward

Also think Hugo Bueno is wild card entry at wing back for this year
My instinct too.

I'd much rather we had sold Giles this summer but MGW's rip roaring loan success has seen us try and replicate it (fair enough).

I don't think Giles will succeed in the Prem but he's got a touch of the Peter Whittingham's about him. Fully expect him to have a great Championship career

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having saw a few of his games I think he would struggle as wing back in the premier league. There is a decent player but think he is suited to playing further forward

Also think Hugo Bueno is wild card entry at wing back for this year
Agree, take him over Giles every time.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont believe Ryan has yet been an automatic starter at teams he has been on loan to, so its a massive jump to where we are now, as others have said a good Championship career ahead for Ryan, but the Premier is a step to far.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tuesday:

Louie Moulden pulled off a string of excellent saves in a 90 minute appearance as Solihull Moors beat Birmingham City 1-0. Dion Sanderson played 90 mins for Blues

Taylor Perry played 87 mins a d was MOTM as Cheltenham beat another Birmingham XI 1-0

Ryan Giles provided a first half hat trick of assists in a 90 min appearance as Middlesbrough beat Morecambe 3-0

Ki Jana Hoever came off the bench on 60 mins as PSV beat neighbours Eindhoven 5-0

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You can see Giles' 3 assists here, they also hit the post from a Giles cross.
Well, who would have thought.

They gave it to a winger, WITHOUT first passing it backwards or sideways, who promptly crossed it, at a height that the ball could actually be REACHED, towards one of a number of players who had made ATTACKING RUNS INTO THE BOX.

Amazing. Maybe we should try this.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you really overrate our younger players Jos. Maybe I’m cynical but the step up is so big, he’s not even close from a defensive point of view.

None of our younger players are close to being a realistic challenger to the first team tbh, aside from Morgan. They just get on the bench and start the odd game because our small squad puts us in trouble when injuries or suspensions arise.

If we signed a centre mid Cundle would need to be shipped out as he desperately needs a season somewhere after seeing him at Newcastle away.

Maybe I do overrate them, Sketchead. Lets face it though. As it currently stands we need some of them as the squad is too small.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, who would have thought.

They gave it to a winger, WITHOUT first passing it backwards or sideways, who promptly crossed it, at a height that the ball could actually be REACHED, towards one of a number of players who had made ATTACKING RUNS INTO THE BOX.

Amazing. Maybe we should try this.
Given a lot of space, wouldn't get that in the premier league

Back
Top Bottom