Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cutrone

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never understood the negativity toward Cutrone to be honest as he has never ever looked terrible when he has pulled on the shirt. Busts his *******s as well.
I think the negativity comes from the fact firstly he doesnt score.
And he has been rolling about from one club to another like a ball in a roulette wheel .
That always asks questions and people come up with thier own answers. .
Why has nobody taken him ?
Why hasnt he settled ?
Why did he show a reluctance to stay at WWFC under two managers .
Why cant he score enough that any club and a number of managers want to buy him ?
People feel much the same about MGW , its not irrational .
Fans dont want to be negative they long for positivity and club commitment from players.
If they get that they are usually happy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That’s a good shout actually, would be happy to keep Connor in the squad if it let Cundle get a seasons loan somewhere.
Cundle is miles better than Ronan. He couldn't even hack it in League 1. He's bang, bang average

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the negativity comes from the fact firstly he doesnt score.
And he has been rolling about from one club to another like a ball in a roulette wheel .
That always asks questions and people come up with thier own answers. .
Why has nobody taken him ?
Why hasnt he settled ?
Why did he show a reluctance to stay at WWFC under two managers .
Why cant he score enough that any club and a number of managers want to buy him ?
People feel much the same about MGW , its not irrational .
Fans dont want to be negative they long for positivity and club commitment from players.
If they get that they are usually happy.
`Why has`nt he settled? Its all about the money.. money! He`s rich for doing next to sweet **** all!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

You can't say that, he's 25 this season so he's still young plenty of time to improve and show he's better than the SPL.
Surprised no one has mentioned Bright coming back.

What is Jack Price doing nowadays?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle is miles better than Ronan. He couldn't even hack it in League 1. He's bang, bang average
Conor Ronan is a very good player and is senior football ready. He also has excellent passing and set piece abilities so should he be needed he has quality in key areas, let alone he has a canon of a shot from distance and scored a few screamers during his career to date not just last season.

Cundle is amazing at age group, but not physically ready for the prem over the course of a season.

Ronan is also coming off the back of winning multiple awards at his last loan in the SPL where he had very good games when he played the old firm teams. I just don’t think
Cundle is ready for that yet.

Ronan has many more age group caps and is also very highly regarded in the senior ranks and has been for many years and was in their last euro nations squad. Watched him many times in the U21’s for Ireland against teams like Italy with many now established first team players and he was the star of the show! Also the city caraboa cup performance against a very strong city team. People forget just how good he is as out of sight out of mind. Also the fact he came into the team young, showed great promise then had injuries to his spine that derailed that and Nuno never gave him the shot he deserved……

Cundle would benefit massively from a championship loan if we are keeping Ronan. Look what it did for Morgan! Cundle with a season of regular football at mens level isn’t happening here and he will develop far greater for it

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also neither could Harry Kane….. look how that one turned out….

Not saying Ronan is a world beater, but sometimes players are better and can play their games at the higher level better than they can when playing in lower leagues

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was nowhere physically ready when he went to Walsall.

Cundle hasn't proven anything yet. If your judging by performances for U23's then Ronan wins, but it is a totally different game.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't say that, he's 25 this season so he's still young plenty of time to improve and show he's better than the SPL.

He already proved that last season by being better than the SPL..

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We must improve on Dangerous Dave or we'll never get out of the Championship

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
`Why has`nt he settled? Its all about the money.. money! He`s rich for doing next to sweet **** all!
I am not sure it is money. I think he has an inability to fit in . Not a team player in my opinion.
Managers ,players and fans will support player that wants in .

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He already proved that last season by being better than the SPL..

To be pedantic, he didn't win any league based awards, only club based.

He's bang average and he's not going to improve.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be pedantic, he didn't win any league based awards, only club based.

He's bang average and he's not going to improve.
Could you not say the same about MGW????
He also ONLY won club awards…… when on loan, beating players with longer relationships with team mates and the clubs fans.

Also the SPL team of the season was only a starting 11 as far as I can see with three slots of which two were taken up by the league champions and runners up.

Can we assume you have never played team sport? Or if you did, weren’t good enough to win an award compared to your team mates?

As winning an individual award in a team sport of any kind is actually a really good accolade! It is also a sign that over a whole season you were THE BEST player in your team so a sign of consistently good performances. Let alone doing that as a loan player.

How can you deride a player for doing well and having a good season?

Also, why can’t he get better? Many players get better as they get older, look at Vardy and Antonio for example.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Freddie Eastwood could still do a job too presumably…

How much evidence do some people want and need?

Re-watch the Chorley away game if you’re still in doubt / delusion here

I'd rather have a root canal filling. Less painful and finishes quicker.

Watching that Man City highlight - for the Raul chance in the first half, Cutrone makes the wrong run. He swerves off to more or less follow Raul on the right of goal. If he'd stayed making the run to left of goal, he could have had a tap in provided by Raul.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Conor Ronan is a very good player and is senior football ready. He also has excellent passing and set piece abilities so should he be needed he has quality in key areas, let alone he has a canon of a shot from distance and scored a few screamers during his career to date not just last season.

Cundle is amazing at age group, but not physically ready for the prem over the course of a season.

Ronan is also coming off the back of winning multiple awards at his last loan in the SPL where he had very good games when he played the old firm teams. I just don’t think
Cundle is ready for that yet.

Ronan has many more age group caps and is also very highly regarded in the senior ranks and has been for many years and was in their last euro nations squad. Watched him many times in the U21’s for Ireland against teams like Italy with many now established first team players and he was the star of the show! Also the city caraboa cup performance against a very strong city team. People forget just how good he is as out of sight out of mind. Also the fact he came into the team young, showed great promise then had injuries to his spine that derailed that and Nuno never gave him the shot he deserved……

Cundle would benefit massively from a championship loan if we are keeping Ronan. Look what it did for Morgan! Cundle with a season of regular football at mens level isn’t happening here and he will develop far greater for it
Ronan is 25, was pony in English leagues and did well in about a League 2 standard. Another case of people pretending a youth team player deserves a shot when they don't.

If we'd signed a guy who'd done absolutely jack **** before playing one good season for St Mirren as depth this place would be in uproar. I also couldn't care less about U21 caps, he hasn't even made a senior appearance for a shambolic Irish team who are improving slightly this year but years past were the worst for a generation.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronan is 25, was pony in English leagues and did well in about a League 2 standard. Another case of people pretending a youth team player deserves a shot when they don't.

If we'd signed a guy who'd done absolutely jack **** before playing one good season for St Mirren as depth this place would be in uproar. I also couldn't care less about U21 caps, he hasn't even made a senior appearance for a shambolic Irish team who are improving slightly this year but years past were the worst for a generation.
A post steeped in ignorance…….

I am of Irish heritage and watch and have watched a lot of Ireland games including u21’s. So my opinion which I will share below on how he is seen by Irish fans and coaches is far better and informed than yours.

Playing U21 football for Ireland against far bigger nations like Italy who had players who made the last euros final in it and being the best player on the pitch can tell you alot about that player as he didn’t have close to the quality around him and outplaying those Italians is a big sign of class.

He had also been training with the senior Irish teams on many occasions during his time from the 18’s onwards due to his ability. The Irish fa have rated him as one of their best talents for many years and hoped he would get the chance to overcome injuries and be the player they thought he could be.

His game for us against city in the cup during the promotion season again shows how good he was. He was so good that de bruyne sought HIM out to exchange shirts,l and have a chat, I don’t think he does that for everyone. He was that good that night he impressed one of the best midfielders in the world and to play in the prem.

He also broke into the wolves team and before his stress fractures looked very much at home in the first team, far more so than MGW did at the same age. Are you old enough to remember that period of time? That wasn’t meant to be horrible but asked, as anyone in my age range or older and a wolves fan remembers this and hopes he gets a chance because there is a quality player in there who adds good depth to the squad which we don’t have currently.

He has had to come back from stress fractures of his spine which will have had a massive knock on his development both physically and on the pitch. Then a few nasty injuries on other loans. Many young players wouldn’t have had good careers after spinal issues. Harry Kane was also “pony in league 2” so that point dies on its ass right there, as by your logic a guy who is scoring goals for fun in the prem and about to become englands all time leading goal scorer is actually crap as he failed on a loan spell in league two.

He last season, got a period of time where his body didn’t fail him and regular football to show that he is a player with a good touch, passing range and also set piece ability.

He even won a wolves award for loan player of the season I believe a while ago as he has performed very well on other loans. The club have always rated him and said this publicly or at his age and all those loans he would likely already have been sold like shebani, that striker and looking likely Jordao also if he weren’t good enough.

But clearly you know better than many international coaches and the set up at wolves…….

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh…. I forgot to put…..

He didn’t bomb at Pompey. He had a very good loan there and was so good they wanted him back for a season the season after he arrived in the January.

He was also good at Blackpool winning a few motm awards…..

But yeah, he is **** so let’s write him off

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
When Ivan Toney a year younger than Ronan he nearly broke the Championship goalscoring record. Would you say Ronan's season last year was comparable?
No obviously not, just making an statement that it is possible. Toney obviously an exception but a great example on how you can develop, he went down, down, sideways and down a few times but it is possible to push on.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
No obviously not, just making an statement that it is possible. Toney obviously an exception but a great example on how you can develop, he went down, down, sideways and down a few times but it is possible to push on.
a ! :mad:

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could you not say the same about MGW????
He also ONLY won club awards…… when on loan, beating players with longer relationships with team mates and the clubs fans.

1) he's two seasons ahead of MGW in his development, has had multiple poor spells in the English league. Championship teams haven't been queuing up to take Ronan on loan or buy him, which tells you his level.

2) The poster said that Ronan had proved last season to be better than the SPL, which you would expect to have been reflected in either him vastly outperforming other players (he didn't) OR being recognised at a league level (again, he didn't).

If we're genuinely going to be relying on league 1 level players as depth then **** me we're in the ****.

Oh and MGW has won trophies in the England youth setup too.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

A post steeped in ignorance…….

I am of Irish heritage and watch and have watched a lot of Ireland games including u21’s. So my opinion which I will share below on how he is seen by Irish fans and coaches is far better and informed than yours.

Playing U21 football for Ireland against far bigger nations like Italy who had players who made the last euros final in it and being the best player on the pitch can tell you alot about that player as he didn’t have close to the quality around him and outplaying those Italians is a big sign of class.

He had also been training with the senior Irish teams on many occasions during his time from the 18’s onwards due to his ability. The Irish fa have rated him as one of their best talents for many years and hoped he would get the chance to overcome injuries and be the player they thought he could be.

His game for us against city in the cup during the promotion season again shows how good he was. He was so good that de bruyne sought HIM out to exchange shirts,l and have a chat, I don’t think he does that for everyone. He was that good that night he impressed one of the best midfielders in the world and to play in the prem.

He also broke into the wolves team and before his stress fractures looked very much at home in the first team, far more so than MGW did at the same age. Are you old enough to remember that period of time? That wasn’t meant to be horrible but asked, as anyone in my age range or older and a wolves fan remembers this and hopes he gets a chance because there is a quality player in there who adds good depth to the squad which we don’t have currently.

He has had to come back from stress fractures of his spine which will have had a massive knock on his development both physically and on the pitch. Then a few nasty injuries on other loans. Many young players wouldn’t have had good careers after spinal issues. Harry Kane was also “pony in league 2” so that point dies on its ass right there, as by your logic a guy who is scoring goals for fun in the prem and about to become englands all time leading goal scorer is actually crap as he failed on a loan spell in league two.

He last season, got a period of time where his body didn’t fail him and regular football to show that he is a player with a good touch, passing range and also set piece ability.

He even won a wolves award for loan player of the season I believe a while ago as he has performed very well on other loans. The club have always rated him and said this publicly or at his age and all those loans he would likely already have been sold like shebani, that striker and looking likely Jordao also if he weren’t good enough.

But clearly you know better than many international coaches and the set up at wolves…….
So why haven't the international coaches picked him for the Ireland senior side this season, preferring numerous younger players in the same position.

Any Irish fan will tell you how bad the current crop have been until the last few games. Literally pits of Irish football for decades.

Yeah De Bruyne has posters on his wall of Ronan.

Ah the old you don't know more than thr coaches so you don't get an opinion line. Guess you refrain from comment on any player by that merit.

He's ok, tidy and will do well in the Championship most likely. Would be our 6th choice midfielder at best, as MGW would be superior there as well.

Oh good, the Harry Kane line again.

Look who MGW was competing with to get into team, and absolutely anyone around the Wolves academy (know a current players brother) will tell you MGW is regarded as the top talent from the academy in decades.

Last edited by a moderator:

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel a bit for cutrone....but I don't think we will get a fee for him ...it might be case of agreeing to cancel his contract.....saving the 65k a week in wages.....might be the best solution for both....
I reckon a couple of million isn't unrealistic given his pedigree. He can finish, is good in the air and works pretty hard when he plays. That said, I want him nowhere near our starting 11! He never wanted to be here and looked bang average whenever he played... a Championship striker, nowhere near PL level.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why haven't the international coaches picked him for the Ireland senior side this season, preferring numerous younger players in the same position.

Any Irish fan will tell you how bad the current crop have been until the last few games. Literally pits of Irish football for decades.

Ah the old you don't know more than thr coaches so you don't get an opinion line. Guess you refrain from comment on any player by that merit.

He's ok, tidy and will do well in the Championship most likely. Would be our 6th choice midfielder at best, as MGW would be superior there as well.

Stick your condescending age line up your ****.

Look who MGW was competing with to get into team, and absolutely anyone around the Wolves academy (know a current players brother) will tell you MGW is regarded as the top talent from the academy in decades.
We don’t see eye to eye on things cool,

Didn’t say de bruyne has posters on his wall of him, just said he impressed him the one time they played against each other.

Didn’t say the current team had been good, I am saying that while he was in the age groups he was very highly thought of and they spent a lot more time with him. But they numerous age grade coaches have said how good he is and that they saw him as a future first teamer. Now he has had a good season without injuries at a senior level he got his call up.

I didn’t mean the age question to be condescending, it is more around that people in certain age range will remember it better. I even said In the post that didn’t mean it that way, I said that me and mates all the same age remember his debut and how well he did at that stage and the younger siblings/family don’t remember it or how well he played. As it came across and the line saying I didn’t want it to be seen that way got missed.

We don’t have many options in midfield, Moutinho, neves, dendonker and cundle, we need options and he can offer that.

MGW is an attacking top third player, podence type role.

Also didn’t say our academy coaches rate Ronan as better than MGW…. It is clear to anyone that MGW is a better player, so don’t know where you got that from…..

I will apologise for my posts back to you. I did the frustrated version of a drunk posting……

Sorry mate, you got the ******** end of a **** stick from me and that wasn’t cool.

Had a big meeting at work and basically it got skipped over and a big development happened that affects the employment of a lot of people…… not a great time…..

Again sorry

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We don’t see eye to eye on things cool,

Didn’t say de bruyne has posters on his wall of him, just said he impressed him the one time they played against each other.

Didn’t say the current team had been good, I am saying that while he was in the age groups he was very highly thought of and they spent a lot more time with him. But they numerous age grade coaches have said how good he is and that they saw him as a future first teamer. Now he has had a good season without injuries at a senior level he got his call up.

I didn’t mean the age question to be condescending, it is more around that people in certain age range will remember it better. I even said In the post that didn’t mean it that way, I said that me and mates all the same age remember his debut and how well he did at that stage and the younger siblings/family don’t remember it or how well he played. As it came across and the line saying I didn’t want it to be seen that way got missed.

We don’t have many options in midfield, Moutinho, neves, dendonker and cundle, we need options and he can offer that.

MGW is an attacking top third player, podence type role.

Also didn’t say our academy coaches rate Ronan as better than MGW…. It is clear to anyone that MGW is a better player, so don’t know where you got that from…..

I will apologise for my posts back to you. I did the frustrated version of a drunk posting……

Sorry mate, you got the ******** end of a **** stick from me and that wasn’t cool.

Had a big meeting at work and basically it got skipped over and a big development happened that affects the employment of a lot of people…… not a great time…..

Again sorry
No worries, I never get offended anyway when someone has a dig and your post wasn't remotely ott to be honest. Just strong opinions, two lads with Irish heritage talking... ;)

Just differ in opinion. If he stays and it doesn't preclude us signing 1st teamers then sure thing, don't think that would be great for him but as I said there is certainly a tidy footballer in there.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No worries, I never get offended anyway when someone has a dig and your post wasn't remotely ott to be honest. Just strong opinions, two lads with Irish heritage talking... ;)

Just differ in opinion. If he stays and it doesn't preclude us signing 1st teamers then sure thing, don't think that would be great for him but as I said there is certainly a tidy footballer in there.
Cheers mate, I think on a day of a “people and strategy meeting” I need to log off……

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So.......any chance he will be bought in from the 2022 bomb squad...?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So.......any chance he will be bought in from the 2022 bomb squad...?
I suspect absolutely zero. He'll be on loan for a final season or contract terminated imho. Lage tried him out last summer and didn't even bother this one despite our striker situ.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh…. I forgot to put…..

He didn’t bomb at Pompey. He had a very good loan there and was so good they wanted him back for a season the season after he arrived in the January.

He was also good at Blackpool winning a few motm awards…..

But yeah, he is **** so let’s write him off
What is the clubs ambition again?
Staying up, or challenging for Europe?
It's not a matter of whether he is good or ****, because football is comparative, they would all look good against an under 7s side, and **** against real madrid. It is eleven players against eleven players and the best side wins.
Is this guy really good enough right now to be part of a Premier league side that has had intentions of challenging for a European place? If he is, fair enough. But I doubt that based on his career so far.
We want to see the team progress, not us getting the best out of every last academy player we have.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the clubs ambition again?
Staying up, or challenging for Europe?
It's not a matter of whether he is good or ****, because football is comparative, they would all look good against an under 7s side, and **** against real madrid. It is eleven players against eleven players and the best side wins.
Is this guy really good enough right now to be part of a Premier league side that has had intentions of challenging for a European place? If he is, fair enough. But I doubt that based on his career so far.
We want to see the team progress, not us getting the best out of every last academy player we have.
Ok…..

After the last two windows, I don’t think there is any ambition or vision at the club unless it is to just stay in the prem.

I believe he is more than good enough to be a squad player for a club in the phase we are in.

We had intentions of being in Europe and we don’t now…. So he is plenty good enough and looked better than our Belgian international and contributed more assists than Leander too…..

And he WANTS to be here and he wants to deliver on the pitch and right now that is massive

Back
Top Bottom