Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cutrone

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly his last 4 stints have been absolute disasters. He basically had 1 decent year in his career. Hopefully we can stick him out on loan and save a ok % of his wage until he can leave next season.

Don't why everyone thinks his last stint was a disaster? He featured heavily for the first six months so must have been doing something right. Got fazed out toward the end though, granted.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never understood the negativity toward Cutrone to be honest as he has never ever looked terrible when he has pulled on the shirt. Busts his *******s as well.

On the pitch he always had a good attitude. When he signed I thought he had a good first touch then overthought everything else. Needed a fluke goal to go in to make him confident. And he was unlucky, really. Clearly signed because Nuno was playing two up top, then a couple months into his time here Nuno went back to 343. Cutrone went from competing for one of two spaces to one of one. That's unlucky. That said, his own mentality did for him under Nuno. If Cutrone could have just stuck it out through that winter (and lockdown) he would have been primed to come into the team in that poor run-in when Jota was out of form and the team was struggling. He's someone who needs to feel settled and at home. It happens. He has talent, but only he can solve his mentality issue.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Don't why everyone thinks his last stint was a disaster? He featured heavily for the first six months so must have been doing something right. Got fazed out toward the end though, granted.
His career record is 22 in 142 as a forward.

He didn't really feature particularly heavily ever, and scored 2 league goals for us

He's not very good

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never understood the negativity toward Cutrone to be honest as he has never ever looked terrible when he has pulled on the shirt. Busts his *******s as well.
He basically downed tools midway through a season, nothing to do with what he did on the pitch. I think most thought he was doing enough and the goals would come.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He basically downed tools midway through a season, nothing to do with what he did on the pitch. I think most thought he was doing enough and the goals would come.
To be fair to him, he was dragged away from his beloved Milan as a late ‘panic’ buy due to Wolves inept recruitment. Milan wanted to sell and Wolves were desperate to buy. Cutrone was the pawn on the chessboard.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably fazed out because they persisted with him for 6 months and, as a striker, he didn't score.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Surely someone in the squad would invite him round for a take-away and film. Breaks my heart seeing that. Loneliness is a first class ****!
By all reports the 'Portuguese contingent' are very close, having dinner at each others houses etc, really helps build team spirit and players to settle. Can't say this hasn't happened for Cutrone off the back of one photo, but you'd hope the club help players settle through some social stuff (another reason the younger players get bunked together).

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much like Traore, he is worth more to us as a squad/impact player right now than what we could sell him for in market value.

I don't think he was technically great but had good movement and worked hard. He looked at his best in the Europa games. As sad but as likely as it is, say we have a bore draw game at home next season, 0-0 in the middle of sept and it an utter borefest, if Cutrone takes off his training gear getting ready to come on, it will lift the crowd. He does seem to have that impact.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much like Traore, he is worth more to us as a squad/impact player right now than what we could sell him for in market value.

I don't think he was technically great but had good movement and worked hard. He looked at his best in the Europa games. As sad but as likely as it is, say we have a bore draw game at home next season, 0-0 in the middle of sept and it an utter borefest, if Cutrone takes off his training gear getting ready to come on, it will lift the crowd. He does seem to have that impact.

Alternatively we could just buy him a cheerleaders outfit and some gold and black pom-poms

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When we signed Cutrone he looked brilliant on paper and at the time it was quite a coup for us, a young lad at AC Milan with a decent record and was highly rated as a youngster.

The fans took to him straight away.

I don't know what's gone wrong for him wherever he has been just hasn't worked and he's been around a fair bit now.

He is going to be another Ravel Morrison, Josh McEachran etc players who start off well and highly rated but then disappear into obscurity and become journeymen.

I hope he manages to salvage his career for his sake but I doubt it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we signed Cutrone he looked brilliant on paper and at the time it was quite a coup for us, a young lad at AC Milan with a decent record and was highly rated as a youngster.

I don't know what's gone wrong for him wherever he has been just hasn't worked and he's been around a fair bit now.

He is going to be another Ravel Morrison, Josh McEachran etc players who start off well and highly rated but then disappear into obscurity and become journeymen.

I think we were victims of a "pump and dump". And not the only ones, too.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Cutrone is done here by the looks of it. A shame but the club need to try and shift him on a permanent deal somewhere. A bit worrying Raul has no back up though.
Who'd sign him? He was a bit part player for 14th place Serie A team and is on big money. Just try to get someone to take 30% and say bye bye next year

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So happy to see Ronan getting his chance!!! He has never met us down when he has been given the shirt and who knows how far he could have gone before the stress fractures.

I have loved watching him in the Ireland age grade matches and genuinely believe while he isn’t a starter, he has quality passing and set piece plus a good shot that could be a good option off the bench or if the injury bug bites us on the ass again

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So happy to see Ronan getting his chance!!! He has never met us down when he has been given the shirt and who knows how far he could have gone before the stress fractures.

I have loved watching him in the Ireland age grade matches and genuinely believe while he isn’t a starter, he has quality passing and set piece plus a good shot that could be a good option off the bench or if the injury bug bites us on the ass again
Luke Cundle became our back up last season and with all due respect, you would think Conor Ronan is a level above him.

I like Ronan from his cameos during the Lambert reign and early Nuno days.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seems like AC Milan got his number and moved quickly to ditch him for an ok fee, maybe not what you would have expected for a 21yr old Italian with an international cap. Were we all dazzled by signing someone from AC Milan - I don't know.

Last edited:

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Looks like Cutrone is on his way. Wherever he ends up I hope he manages to resolve the blockers he has in his head and manages to make a successful career for himself. Can't help but think the harsh world of football economics and the PL itself have claimed another victim but hope that he can prove all the doubters wrong. Good Luck Patrick.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Cutrone is on his way. Wherever he ends up I hope he manages to resolve the blockers he has in his head and manages to make a successful career for himself. Can't help but think the harsh world of football economics and the PL itself have claimed another victim but hope that he can prove all the doubters wrong. Good Luck Patrick.
:hearteyes::hearteyes:

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to think he must be off soon if he's not gone to Spain, but it does seem a shame, with the extra subs thing I wouldn't have minded him sticking around for a year

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Luke Cundle became our back up last season and with all due respect, you would think Conor Ronan is a level above him.

I like Ronan from his cameos during the Lambert reign and early Nuno days.
That’s a good shout actually, would be happy to keep Connor in the squad if it let Cundle get a seasons loan somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom