Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England Women: The Lionesses

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
50 mins in and am struggling to remember if a free kick has been given at all

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The standard of football has definitely improved. Credit to all concerned...
As a man with 2 sporty daughters its great to see the improvement in womens sport. I watched the women's 100 last season and was shocked how good the standard of cricket was. There a number of woman that would walk into any mens county team

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I know I made a joke about the crowd sounding like Villa fans, but it really is great to see and hear a crowd that is a little different and distinctive from men's football. Everyone really enjoying themselves likes it's one big party, fully behind the team with no moaning or jeering, supporting the players taking of the knee like they had just scored a goal. It was a younger crowd and obviously far more women and girls, all having a great time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Women's football is distinctive from men's football and so are the crowd.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell, all positive comments.
How far we’ve come over the last couple of years.
Gutted to be at work and not able to watch it, big football shaped hole in my life right now, given the vast improvement I’m hoping the euros will fit the bill nicely.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hemp was like post 2020 Adama tonight! When she's on song, which she usually is, she's like Adama in one of those Liverpool or Spurs epics at Molineux.

We could right do with a player like Toone, too.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
Bloody hell, all positive comments.
How far we’ve come over the last couple of years.
Gutted to be at work and not able to watch it, big football shaped hole in my life right now, given the vast improvement I’m hoping the euros will fit the bill nicely.
Sorry to be the one dissenting voice but I would rather watch paint dry, but saying that good luck to them

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
At first I actually thought the standard from England was pretty poor by comparison to the top teams at the last world cup but they gradually settled and started playing some nice football, not quite at their best but well enough. Suspect that Ellen White may be just past her best mind, a couple of years ago she'd have buried that header.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My interest in the men's England team has waned, particularly since Southgate took over. My interest in the women's team is zero.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I know I made a joke about the crowd sounding like Villa fans, but it really is great to see and hear a crowd that is a little different and distinctive from men's football. Everyone really enjoying themselves likes it's one big party, fully behind the team with no moaning or jeering, supporting the players taking of the knee like they had just scored a goal. It was a younger crowd and obviously far more women and girls, all having a great time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Women's football is distinctive from men's football and so are the crowd.
I think that’s a really good point. Women’s football is not the same as men’s football and it only ever suffers when people compare them. If you can enjoy it in its own right then go for it, if it’s not for you then that’s ok too.

I think it’s the same as how some of us watch the U23s regularly. If you go to a game and judge it against the first team you’ll be disappointed but in its own right it’s great.

Bradmore Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that’s a really good point. Women’s football is not the same as men’s football and it only ever suffers when people compare them. If you can enjoy it in its own right then go for it, if it’s not for you then that’s ok too.

I think it’s the same as how some of us watch the U23s regularly. If you go to a game and judge it against the first team you’ll be disappointed but in its own right it’s great.
If it's not the same as men's football ( and I agree with you) why do we have so many women pundits on the men's game?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful game, first and last women's game I watch. Soporific!

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a man with 2 sporty daughters its great to see the improvement in womens sport. I watched the women's 100 last season and was shocked how good the standard of cricket was. There a number of woman that would walk into any mens county team

As good as the standard is, I don't think that's true at all.

Sarah Taylor played a little bit of men's 2nd xi for a county, and didn't score many runs at all, and she was/is absolutely brilliant.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful game, first and last women's game I watch. Soporific!

They are usually better value than that kenny.I agree last night was a poor game though.More or less the same when wolves play Burnley.ay it. :tonguewink:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to disagree. Watched a fair bit of the World Cup and I thought the standard was very poor. Some of the fielding would have been embarrassing at club level.

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
I’m 54, overweight and have dodgy Knees and ankles. I honestly believe if I got my old Sunday league side back together and spent 2 months getting fit we’d give most of these womens teams a game.
I’ve watched snippets of it over the years and my opinion is that it is of low standard. I won’t watch any of thie euro’s no matter how many times certain tv/radio stations tell me how good it is.
I know my view doesn’t fit the agenda being pushed but I really don’t care.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too long ago, I was reading about some journalist comparing Ellen White's 50 goals for England Women with the records of the likes of Kane, Rooney, Bobby Charlton and Jimmy Greaves. I was near incandescent with rage. The women play their own game against other women's teams. There is no way that there is any comparison with the men's game.

I am very much in favour of women playing football but to compare their achievements with the men's game is nothing short of ludicrous!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘We are not here to make up the numbers’ say the Northern Ireland women….

…as Norway just score their third after 30 minutes.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘We are not here to make up the numbers’ say the Northern Ireland women….

…as Norway just score their third after 30 minutes.
With all due respect, this thread is about England women. We already have a thread for today's games.

Last edited:

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
What a first half performance that is, I’m actually enjoying watching England for once!

Beth Mead has ripped Norway apart.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed that. Fair play to the ladies, excellent performance and really high quality football at times.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never a penalty but awesome performance so far, and good football.

Istr that Norway are meant to be quite good (11th in the world?) but they have been blown away.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could be double figures. Norway are like the Christians being thrown to the lion(esse)s... :)

Back
Top Bottom