Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were a defender , who would you rather play against?
Traore ? Or No goals Silva????

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Barca want him, all their doing is trying to stitch us up and get him for nothing

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those are anomalies, unfortunately
They really aren't though.
Not for the first time we have an extended period of time without him available, and we're back to square one in terms of playing style and results.
The dogmatic narrowness of our forwards is going to kill us. It hinders our play, pitting 3 attackers against 6 or 7 all the time. And when that doesn't work it goes out to a wing-back who has noone to cross it to cos they're all **** in the air, or we play it back to midfielders that don't think it's any of their business taking it into the opposition box.
And we keep repeating this insanity, and wondering why we are rubbish to watch. Which we are.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They really aren't though.
Not for the first time we have an extended period of time without him available, and we're back to square one in terms of playing style and results.
The dogmatic narrowness of our forwards is going to kill us. It hinders our play, pitting 3 attackers against 6 or 7 all the time. And when that doesn't work it goes out to a wing-back who has noone to cross it to cos they're all **** in the air, or we play it back to midfielders that don't think it's any of their business taking it into the opposition box.
And we keep repeating this insanity, and wondering why we are rubbish to watch. Which we are.

If he's such a difference maker, why are no other teams interested in him?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's such a difference maker, why are no other teams interested in him?
Apart from the teams that are? Tottenham were in for him when he chose Barca. Barca said they would like him but not at 25 million.

Why is noone interested in Podence? 2 years left on his contract. Such a clever player apparently, and Barca need a winger.
Why is noone interested in getting Moutinho in? Such a clever player, available for nothing if you give him 2 years.
Why is noone in for dendoncker? A year left(or 2 possibly?) on his contract.
Why is going to barca and becoming second choice deemed as failure, and losing 10 of your last 17 games not?
I just don't get it.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from the teams that are? Tottenham were in for him when he chose Barca. Barca said they would like him but not at 25 million.

Why is noone interested in Podence? 2 years left on his contract. Such a clever player apparently, and Barca need a winger.
Why is noone interested in getting Moutinho in? Such a clever player, available for nothing if you give him 2 years.
Why is going to barca and becoming second choice deemed as failure, and losing 10 of your last 17 games not?
I just don't get it.
That's whataboutism and this thread isn't about those players anyway.

I'm just surprised no team is interested in Adama when we've clearly shown he's available.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's whataboutism and this thread isn't about those players anyway.

I'm just surprised no team is interested in Adama when we've clearly shown he's available.
No it isn't! It's pointing out a double standard by pointing to comparable players, which isn't the same thing at all.

Who says there isn't anyone?
We were asking for 25 million. If he's so **** why are we asking for a fee?

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it isn't! It's pointing out a double standard by pointing to comparable players, which isn't the same thing at all.

Who says there isn't anyone?
We were asking for 25 million. If he's so **** why are we asking for a fee?
Really, as of Wednesday they were NO enquiries (never mind actual offers) for Adama. It’s getting very frustrating for certain upper management, particularly the one who went to press saying the Barca loan was good business for Wolves.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
interesting that it is reported that Barca bid for Raphinha 60 million ,[ out bid by chelsea] but wouldn’t pay 25 million for Traore..
It's not that interesting. Try before you buy put them off. It's why we're not signing Trincao (I hope).

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I just don't get it.

They arent really apples for apples comparisons. Podence and Dendoncker havent refused contracts and made it clear to the club they wont sign one, and it doesnt appear we are trying to get rid of them like Adama. Mouts is a bit different with his age and salary, but i would bet he will have no dramas getting a club.

I think the issue some have with Adama is basically his cult members make him out to be some god tier footballer who is a massive influence on our team based on some top form at the end of 2019 and him being exciting to watch when we are pretty dull. In reality in the last 2 seasons all he has done is offer very little, but at least he has done it in a more entertaining, exciting way. And because the two best managers praised him in interviews the Adama brigade jump on that as another defence for him. Both could sign him for around 15 million, both never even look at him even at a bargain price.

People need to face up to it that our wide attackers ( i'll give Chiquinho a pass and Neto with his injuries ) just havent been good enough. They dont create enough, they dont score enough, but it seems Adama is the one people constantly make excuses for.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not that interesting. Try before you buy put them off. It's why we're not signing Trincao (I hope).

I suspect we are not signing Trincao partly because we were not sufficiently impressed, and because his market value, as suggested by the rumoured offer from Sporting of 12-15m, meant the agreed option price was at least 10m too high. Given that, even had we swapped him for Traore, to keep or to trade with Sporting, then that doesn’t look attractive compared to a straight sale of Traore to Leeds for 15m cash. We’d have greater bargaining power with Sporting with straight cash rather than a player + cash.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We seem to be going round and round with this thread and others about Adama, some love him some don't

I like him, i think he is a good player and if we could strike a deal thats suits us i'd prefer to keep him as a bench player. At the same time though, i still dont think he is what we need as a key player in our first 11. He is a perfect player to disrupt the opposition coming off the bench.

The big thing we need to make sure for this season is that our wide attackers ( and strikers ) are effective in terms of direct goal contributions.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect we are not signing Trincao partly because we were not sufficiently impressed, and because his market value, as suggested by the rumoured offer from Sporting of 12-15m, meant the agreed option price was at least 10m too high. Given that, even had we swapped him for Traore, to keep or to trade with Sporting, then that doesn’t look attractive compared to a straight sale of Traore to Leeds for 15m cash. We’d have greater bargaining power with Sporting with straight cash rather than a player + cash.
Absolutely. And we didn't sell Adama for £30M because his performances didn't warrant the outlay either.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone think maybe Barca sent him back to get Wolves to drop their price?
I wrote that and it’s stupid.
Wolves and Barca made a deal for Traore as a loan and a possible permanent transfer.

There is no way that Barca would try to change or cheat on an agreement made with layers, accountants, agents, etc.
You just don’t do that in a very small business community……you’d get a bad rep.
Honour and ethics still matter.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wrote that and it’s stupid.
Wolves and Barca made a deal for Traore as a loan and a possible permanent transfer.

There is no way that Barca would try to change or cheat on an agreement made with layers, accountants, agents, etc.
You just don’t do that in a very small business community……you’d get a bad rep.
Honour and ethics still matter.
Not sure what you are doing here.... are you being ironic? Barca will always do what is best for them, and some of the financial stuff that they have manipulated is amazing...

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other players really like him to be fair. He is a very popular member of the squad and not just with the players.
But he wants to go . That is unacceptable if true. And its a continuing unsettling psycho drama that’s lasted far too long.
He is influential and distorts the way we prepare then he leaves ( or doesn’t) on transfer deadline day.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem with Adama is that he really doesn't have a good footballing brain. Manager after manager has tried to get through to him that there is more than running fast and trying to beat players. For fans, it's exciting to see as too many players don't or can't do it. Unfortunately, as much as it excites fans, when a player doesn't show any progress in becoming a team player by defending well, then the player isn't going to get picked. That's the realty.

I love watching him play and wondering what he'll do next. He excites me, puts me on the edge of my seat, but I fully understand why manager after manager has let him go or not picked him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano claiming both Celta Vigo and Getafe have bid £15M for our Adama!

He should leave. Dont think Bruno is a huge fan of his and he has probably gone past the point of no return with his contract here. I know his cult members want to keep him even if he leaves for free, but doing that puts the club in a no win situation imo. If he has a good season ( and plenty of players do in the last year of their contracts ) Wolves will get lambasted for not giving him a contract, despite him being offered one that he wouldnt sign ( and we dont know if he would even sign one now anyway ), and if he has a poor season Wolves will again get lambasted for not selling him from his detractors. Our best option imo is to just cash in now.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I definitely don’t understand people saying they’d rather keep him and let him go for free next summer than sell of £10m.
That would be like paying a £10m loan fee for one season, plus wages...

Also players naturally start being very cautious about injuries in the last year/6 months of contract if planning to move.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should leave. Dont think Bruno is a huge fan of his and he has probably gone past the point of no return with his contract here. I know his cult members want to keep him even if he leaves for free, but doing that puts the club in a no win situation imo. If he has a good season ( and plenty of players do in the last year of their contracts ) Wolves will get lambasted for not giving him a contract, despite him being offered one that he wouldnt sign ( and we dont know if he would even sign one now anyway ), and if he has a poor season Wolves will again get lambasted for not selling him from his detractors. Our best option imo is to just cash in now.
I don’t think some fans think beyond what they want to see on the pitch .
It is great that he can run fast and dribble , he is exciting and that’s what they want to watch.
On the down side he takes up limited resources, is bound to lack commitment to the team with a poor effect on other members.
In 10 years of professional and international football he has scored 22 goals !

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think some fans think beyond what they want to see on the pitch .
It is great that he can run fast and dribble , he is exciting and that’s what they want to watch.
On the down side he takes up limited resources, is bound to lack commitment to the team with a poor effect on other members.
In 10 years of professional and international football he has scored 22 goals !

I've said it so many times before too, but he's one bad hamstring injury away from being a very average player.

Look what happened to a player like Michael Owen.

Owen had blistering pace, but around he age of 26 (when he joined Newcastle), his injury problems started. He went from playing an average of over 40 games per season in the 8 full seasons since the start of his career, to 17 a season for the final 8 seasons of his career. The only saving grace for a player like Owen was he could fall-back on his positioning and finishing to adapt and become more of a poacher-type striker.

Imagine Traore with 20% less pace. What has he got to fall back on?

He's just had a hamstring injury too. Only a minor one, but it might be the start!

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A player it is easy to love or to hate.
My large appreciation of him is that opposition sides cannot take any liberties in their judgement and he always ties up two defenders. We simply don't have anyone who can demand such attention - which should make some room/ease some pressure to our advantage.That it doesn't suggests we have plenty of problems that may not be solved by not using him or by selling him.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A player it is easy to love or to hate.
My large appreciation of him is that opposition sides cannot take any liberties in their judgement and he always ties up two defenders. We simply don't have anyone who can demand such attention - which should make some room/ease some pressure to our advantage. That it doesn't suggests we have plenty of problems that may not be solved by not using him or by selling him.

I love watching him play for Wolves. I love how exciting he is.

What I don't particularly like is that he doesn't appear to want to play for us.

So I will point out his weaknesses and negatives to try to justify to myself why we are better off without him!

If he signs a new contract, I will be over the moon. But sadly, I can't see that happening.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love watching him play for Wolves. I love how exciting he is.

What I don't particularly like is that he doesn't appear to want to play for us.

So I will point out his weaknesses and negatives to try to justify to myself why we are better off without him!

If he signs a new contract, I will be over the moon. But sadly, I can't see that happening.
The "Ah **** him" instinct huh....

Back
Top Bottom