Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why most sre so doom and gloom The window is still open
Time for a new pant wetters thread I think
As much as I am sick of the **** transfer windows, I am also sick of these type of posts too. We have had all these reassuring condescending types of posts, window after window, after window, after window, after window.

We start pre season with an utter **** squad that our manager stated time and time again needed addressing. He wanted his squad ready for preseason. He has a worse squad. On top of that - No clarity on Neves. No clarity on Moutinho. No clarity on Traore. No clarity on MGW. It is an endless **** show.

It is a ****ing **** show.

Funny how they didn't leave the season ticket renewal until the day after the transfer window, wonder how many would have renewed quite this soon or would we have also dithered much like the club have window, after window?

Sorry, it appears I am pant wetting.

Reaction score
Yes thats the only time i heard him speak of a time line
Nowhere has he said top 4 in 5 years,if he has and someone can find that quote please post it
In that article he says 10 to 30 years its possible to match Man City thats the aim but step by step, year by year,a far cry from whats being spouted as fact
Spot on!!

I think the problem with a lot of fans is that once Fosun took over they saw how much the group was worth and wrongly assumed Fosun would become a sugar daddy like other clubs had.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am really struggling to understand why people think signing players is a 'good thing'. Buying so-called "better players" always inevitably leads to dressing room unrest, money wasted and with that poor performance. I wouldn't want "better players" for my club- no way.

Look at Man City, the chancers, letting go of club captain Fernandinho and actually replacing him. Weirdos. And with someone from Yorkshire- have they never heard of the war of the roses?! They have absolutely no idea what that will do in the long term. Plus they already have Romeo Lavia as understudy for Rodri for that position- why would they stunt his progression by bringing in a seasoned England international? To win football games? In the here and now? Ludicrous approach.

Everyone knows you only need one defensive midfielder in a squad. And when he's injured you play your 19 year old attacking midfielder there. That is how good clubs are run. Mark my words- spending money on "better players" will all end in tears for Man City.

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not see how this place has become unbearable though for those who aren’t of a pessimistic disposition? Not spoiling for a fight, just after an honest view.
There should be negativity at the moment.

Does any other club have two fit wing-backs? Does any other club have two senior central midfielders?
Then there's missing out on targets, which some doubt we actually go for.
Then there's the tickets going up again, the only club to do so three times in a row.

The frustration is built because this is nothing new as well. The criticism towards the transfer windows have been going on for some time.

Then there's the fact over the last 15 games we were 17th in the table - near relegation form.
There's a worry that over the course of a season some stats suggest we were a relegation side.

Now, I get you can list some positives, notably a 10th place finish but there's a lot of trends that are negative right now. Back-to-back 7th placed finishes don't actually mean anything as to what next season will bring, compared to showing near relegation form for the last 15 games.

Basically, I'm trying to say that pessimism and negativity actually seems justified now because there are a lot of (what I feel) valid concerns.

If we sign a few players, if we start the season well and then there's negativity, you would have a point. Right now we're judging on actions and nothing's happening.

What do you think is unfair about that? Are you not worried about the form we showed for nearly half the season? Are you not concerned by our poor record in the market in recent years and that those figures are trying to strengthen this team with limited resources?

*To add, if you think it's unbearable because it's repetitive then fair enough, but that's different to it not being justified

Last edited:

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I am sick of the **** transfer windows, I am also sick of these type of posts too. We have had all these reassuring condescending types of posts, window after window, after window, after window, after window.

We start pre season with an utter **** squad that our manager stated time and time again needed addressing. He wanted his squad ready for preseason. He has a worse squad. On top of that - No clarity on Neves. No clarity on Moutinho. No clarity on Traore. No clarity on MGW. It is an endless **** show.

Funny how they didn't leave the season ticket renewal until the day after the transfer window, wonder how many would have renewed quite this soon or would we have also dithered much like the club have window, after window?

The international players aren't even back at their clubs yet.
**** all generally happens before July 1
Ten hag wanted all his signings for pre season and had nine it's pure fantasy
Give it time

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m struggling to understand how, after the last 6 months, the last 6 windows, the lack of experience throughout the club, the lack of funds, lack of investment and constant desire to focus on anything other than actual football, anyone can be positive right now…?

We are watching 5 or so amazing years disintegrate right infront of our eyes, and so many people are helplessly just sleepwalking along to it.

Personally, I’m just gutted.
The writing (to me) is clear as day. Never truly understood why a few older lot that I knew gave up the last time, and it makes sense, going so far and turning back is tiring.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nowhere has he said top 4 in 5 years,if he has and someone can find that quote please post it
In that article he says 10 to 30 years its possible to match Man City thats the aim but step by step, year by year,a far cry from whats being spouted as fact
Can't see anything here inconsistent with his current line apart from emphasis. I think that initial talking up of the overall goals and potential is understandable given this article was in those early days when the objective was to launch a new enterprise. He very explicitly tried to change that emphasis in last year's PR videos to one of consolidation / self-sufficiency and implicitly continued to try and dampen short term expectations in this year's interview. I don't see any deceit about short and medium term plans, or any change in longer term commitment. It may not be what everyone wants to hear, but it does seem a consistent message. I agree, nothing about top 4 in 5 years.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The transfer window closes after we've played five games. You can't keep season ticket renewals open after the season has started.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seriously? We finished 18 points behind Arsenal and 20 behind Spurs. It’s a chasm.
Man U have been awful but will always spend big.

Respect your opinion but totally disagree.
We weren't 18 points behind before the January transfer window ended. Our form tailed off massively only 5 wins from the remaining games.
Man United will always spend big. How much they spend doesn't really seem to matter because their problem hasn't been the quality of the players they can still attract, but the ability to get any coherent staff setup behind the scenes that gets the best of them no.
Spurs are better than us in the front 3 without question but everywhere else meh. Whether Harry kanes record aged 19 was better than Fabio silva's is up for debate. There is no difference in terms of the pedigree of Kulikevski to Trincao prior to them signing, even though one clearly has a lot more talent than the other.
Arsenal certainly have some good footballers but I'm not convinced their strength of depth is anything to write home about. They are all "get-at-able" again.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you can link to where he said it?

Thanks for that. Interesting reading that back now, but he doesn't say we'd be top 4 in 5 years.

He said he hoped we’d match Man City in perhaps 10 years. From the point he made the comment, that’s 2028. So only 6 years from now…

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not see how this place has become unbearable though for those who aren’t of a pessimistic disposition? Not spoiling for a fight, just after an honest view.
Positivity and positive supporting is acknowledged in study as not being achieved by accepting mediocrity or bad performance because it is the right thing to do.

To only see the positives and ignore the negatives and concerns of others is actually proven to be detrimental and hindering of growth and performance improvements.

You don’t go forward without a group collective sharing positive and negative opinions.

So people need to stop attacking each other or putting opinions down because it doesn’t match their view of “what makes a good fan”

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither have most teams
But the ones who need/want to improve have…..

People need to realise, we were relegation form at the tail end of the season and improvements should have been made already!

From lads I know in the prem and championshipplayers discuss moves long before the season finishes so this *******s that gets spouted on here about holidays and internationals being the reason is crap!

Our recruitment team and their process is totally not fit for purpose!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But that was 10 years from when he made the comment in 2018. So, he was thinking we might match Man City by 2028, which is now only 6 years away. Of course, he gave himself a pretty wide window, so it might not be for 30 years, which would be 2048!

Golden Moth

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's some Wolves eSports stream live right now so I checked it out - 28k viewers. I don't know how many viewers these streams typically get, but 28k doesn't seem like a big number. Especially if "many people in Asia" are avid Wolves eSports fans like is being claimed.

I don't know anything about eSports but at the time you checked most people in Asia would be waking up and reaching for their Weetabix packet. Would be interesting to check it again when it's evening there.

Last edited:

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's some Wolves eSports stream live right now so I checked it out - 28k viewers. I don't know how many viewers these streams typically get, but 28k doesn't seem like a big number. Especially if "many people in Asia" are avid Wolves eSports fans like is being claimed.
Which esports team? Wolves have several different teams in different countries

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was the statement “we will be top 4 in 5 years” that gave me and others an excitement I’ve never witness and probably not seen since the 50/60/70s generation. We were filled with false hope by owners that don’t match our passion…..my passion for this club.

I may go off on one from time to time but just like success in life, when we start becoming that power house again you don’t want to let it go and I feel let down by this company who clearly don’t care about success and only by profit.
I don't agree that the owners intentionally gave us false hope. I think that when they were 'talking the talk' about us being one of the big clubs in England and Europe in their first couple of years at the club (2016-18), they genuinely wanted to achieve that, and to achieve it as swiftly as the rules of the domestic competitions and UEFA would allow. The intention to make the necessary investment was there.

Unfortunately, the Zeitgeist in China, and the strategic focus of the Chinese Government, changed around 2018-19, and from that point forward the Chinese Government no longer wanted Chinese individuals and corporations investing in foreign football ventures. Since then, Fosun has felt embargoed, seemingly increasingly so as time goes by, from investing in its football club asset on pain of getting the wrong side of a totalitarian government that sends people off for 're-education' when they do things that it doesn't like.

I dare say if the Chinese Government lifted its objections to Chinese businesses investing in foreign football ventures tomorrow, Fosun would start investing in WWFC again. But, until the Chinese Government changes its position, Fosun is stuck with its asset needing to be 'self-sustaining', unless they can attract other outside investors to join the venture.

Unfortunately, the 'self-sustaining' approach is not a guarantee of remaining in the English Premier League.

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There should be negativity at the moment.

Does any other club have two fit wing-backs? Does any other club have two senior central midfielders?
Then there's missing out on targets, which some doubt we actually go for.
Then there's the tickets going up again, the only club to do so three times in a row.

The frustration is built because this is nothing new as well. The criticism towards the transfer windows have been going on for some time.

Then there's the fact over the last 15 games we were 17th in the table - near relegation form.
There's a worry that over the course of a season some stats suggest we were a relegation side.

Now, I get you can list some positives, notably a 10th place finish but there's a lot of trends that are negative right now. Back-to-back 7th placed finishes don't actually mean anything as to what next season will bring, compared to showing near relegation form for the last 15 games.

Basically, I'm trying to say that pessimism and negativity actually seems justified now because there are a lot of (what I feel) valid concerns.

If we sign a few players, if we start the season well and then there's negativity, you would have a point. Right now we're judging on actions and nothing's happening.

What do you think is unfair about that? Are you not worried about the form we showed for nearly half the season? Are you not concerned by our poor record in the market in recent years and that those figures are trying to strengthen this team with limited resources?

*To add, if you think it's unbearable because it's repetitive then fair enough, but that's different to it not being justified
Your bottom paragraph is exactly it. The forum is unreadable.

Nothing happening means we haven’t signed anyone yet, not that nothing is happening.
Problem is, anything “positive” in the press or social media is dismissed as nonsense whereas the most basic story from some geek with 7 followers is gospel and leads to further Shi out calls!!

I get the worry and negativity, more than understand it. We seem rudderless and without direction. But I maintain the constant repeated rhetoric is unbearable.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positivity and positive supporting is acknowledged in study as not being achieved by accepting mediocrity or bad performance because it is the right thing to do.

To only see the positives and ignore the negatives and concerns of others is actually proven to be detrimental and hindering of growth and performance improvements.

You don’t go forward without a group collective sharing positive and negative opinions.

So people need to stop attacking each other or putting opinions down because it doesn’t match their view of “what makes a good fan”
Fair points. What about the extremes?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
51 pages of utter horse ****.

This from my sources at the club. Not trying to be ITK but just posting what i hear, I don't like to mention names unless it is a Tuesday.

We will sign Collins next week for around 20 million and Fabio will join Anderlecht on loan the following week.

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fairly clear that when Fosun arrived they had designs on getting to the top but it is also clear that they have back tracked on that now and won't be around to see the project to its end.

Also, I couldn't give a **** what other clubs have done transfer wise, some of them don't have only three serviceable midfielders, strikers that couldn't hit a barn door and a defence built around a converted midfielder.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not really the same, you're being disingenuous
No, not at all. It follows on from your post # 1597 and it’s germane to the discussion.
If you read back and judge my posts in context, you’ll see they make sense.

Basically, some posters are saying that Wolves wouldn’t give any revenue from esports to the club growth and transfers etc.
Why they have this conviction is really hard to fathom as there is no evidence that Jeff has or will do that…….so why do they believe he would? Crazy.

But what I and you were getting at is Wolves can do whatever they want from any of their revenues…..it’s THEIR money. I agree with you.

lol…..they could give Villa £20 m just for fun……lol……or buy cocaine…..or a mansion for Doris the tea lady…lol.

Last edited:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Roll on Friday ;)
Because it’s Friday? Your’e in the know? Its 1st July and transfers can only happen from that date? Your’e going on holiday? Players are coming back from holiday? You go Friday night shopping? Your having an Amazon delivery but it will take take that long as you are tight and don’t pay for quicker delivery or Prime? What, what….. genuinely excited…. Tell us, feed us a positive morsel.

Back
Top Bottom