Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’d need a new squad to finish top four. We’d need 4/5 players at least at 100 mil+ Total to even challenge top 6. It’s not worth the risk in fosuns eyes.
I don't agree. We really aren't that far away. It's Arsenal, Man United and Spurs who we would be challenging. Not Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool.
It's a midfielder, a centre back and a striker or one of ours to come good for me.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree. We really aren't that far away. It's Arsenal, Man United and Spurs who we would be challenging. Not Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool.
It's a midfielder, a centre back and a striker or one of ours to come good for me.
Agreed.

The other way though we are a few more poor decisions away from being in trouble, if we aren’t already.

Complaceny and assumption are dangerous.

Last edited:

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am not sure what all the fuss is about. We still need to loan out Mosquera, Cundle and Silva as a minimum from last years 1st team squad for me. They all probably got about the same minutes as Hoever, less than Marcal and loads less than Saiss. We haven't replaced any of them, so why bother to keep those young lads? It will only stunt their development anyway. Tony said the same about Sarkic being on the bench- I am not sure why we are bothering to keep him either.

Then we need to sell Adama, Morgan, Ronan, Cutrone, Bonatini and Corbeanu- none of them could be bothered to fight for their place at Wolves last year so they can do one.

And Moutinho- what does it say about his passion for Wolves if he waits until the very last moment to sign on the dotted line?

For me- all we need is one first eleven (the exact one from last year minus the sales and releases) and then the u18s. They got to the semi-finals of the youth cup so they must be great.

In Jeff we trust.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
It was actually ****ing amazing really

And now we're having to chill out a bit and reap the rewards of the youth project we invested in a few years ago.

Its still not bad guys
The kids aren’t ready yet, can’t rely on that route.

Reaction score
It's beginning to look like another transfer masterclass by Mr shi & Mr sellars again..
I realise it's still early in the window but that eerie silence from the club we have been treated to the last couple of shambolic windows seems ever present yet again..
It really kills me knowing this club could be so much more!! And it really felt like we were about to step out of the shadows again :(
I miss the Nuno days ,that man breathed life back into us all and made everyone of us believe again.
How fast things have changed.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I am not sure what all the fuss is about. We still need to loan out Mosquera, Cundle and Silva as a minimum from last years 1st team squad for me. They all probably got about the same minutes as Hoever, less than Marcal and loads less than Saiss. We haven't replaced any of them, so why bother to keep those young lads? It will only stunt their development anyway. Tony said the same about Sarkic being on the bench- I am not sure why we are bothering to keep him either.

Then we need to sell Adama, Morgan, Ronan, Cutrone, Bonatini and Corbeanu- none of them could be bothered to fight for their place at Wolves last year so they can do one.

And Moutinho- what does it say about his passion for Wolves if he waits until the very last moment to sign on the dotted line?

For me- all we need is one first eleven (the exact one from last year minus the sales and releases) and then the u18s. They got to the semi-finals of the youth cup so they must be great.

In Jeff we trust.
Hmmmm not so sure I trust Jeff I’m afraid at the moment…

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you not see how this place has become unbearable though for those who aren’t of a pessimistic disposition? Not spoiling for a fight, just after an honest view.
I'll be truthful. In my circle of friends who are overwhelmingly optimistic bunch (hell, we went around the country in the relegation seasons, didn't miss a beat) are pretty reflectant of every Wolves outlet currently.

We've all been here before be it seeing it at other clubs or even our own, optimistic we might be, i don't know a soul who doesn't have some form of dread over how this will end.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be truthful. In my circle of friends who are overwhelmingly optimistic bunch (hell, we went around the country in the relegation seasons, didn't miss a beat) are pretty reflectant of every Wolves outlet currently.

We've all been here before be it seeing it at other clubs or even our own, optimistic we might be, i don't know a soul who doesn't have some form of dread over how this will end.
I can appreciate that, but I’ve seen some pretty terrible stuff being posted on here, and that’s not fair to the club.

Reaction score
Wolves don't own wolves eSports, fosun sports group do. If wolves eSports does really well, fosun sports group are under absolutely no obligation to give the funds generated to the football club.
You may or not be correct in that, I simply don't know what the structure is truth be told.
In the short term I hope you're right, because as others have said, there isn't really any money in it at the moment and the costs associated with it would then be paid via fosun and not the club.

But you're looking at it all wrong.
If we're ever going to compete with the big boys on the pitch then we need to compete commercially too.

Think of eSports as free advertising around the world. A new generation of kids are being exposed to the brand, that in turn will generate more interest in the club.

Iirc something like 40 percent of Man utd's revenue is from overseas. If we're ever going to compete with them then we'll need to create a great deal more abroad.

How many people from places like Asia had heard of Wolves until Fosun took over? Not many.

eSports is massive now and will only get bigger. It will give us exposure to new markets. Anything sold around the world with wolves branding directly benefits the club.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get why most sre so doom and gloom The window is still open
Time for a new pant wetters thread I think
The season starts in like 6 weeks…. A month earlier and our end of season form was relegation form.

We have lost sais as he would be great cover…..
Don’t know about moutinho
Neves future still up in the air
Selling a potential Jewell in the crown in MGW
****ed up the adama situation with the loan

And the money we supposedly had in Jan to sign players has disappeared into the great unknown….

It is very hard to remain positive about the window

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m struggling to understand how, after the last 6 months, the last 6 windows, the lack of experience throughout the club, the lack of funds, lack of investment and constant desire to focus on anything other than actual football, anyone can be positive right now…?

We are watching 5 or so amazing years disintegrate right infront of our eyes, and so many people are helplessly just sleepwalking along to it.

Personally, I’m just gutted.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seriously? We finished 18 points behind Arsenal and 20 behind Spurs. It’s a chasm.
Man U have been awful but will always spend big.

Respect your opinion but totally disagree.

Nige

Reaction score
:D:D:D Yet another transfer thread and we still haven't signed anyone

Reaction score
He did say it
Maybe you can link to where he said it?

The article is from 2018, so 2028. A little over 5 years from now.
Thanks for that. Interesting reading that back now, but he doesn't say we'd be top 4 in 5 years.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may or not be correct in that, I simply don't know what the structure is truth be told.
In the short term I hope you're right, because as others have said, there isn't really any money in it at the moment and the costs associated with it would then be paid via fosun and not the club.

But you're looking at it all wrong.
If we're ever going to compete with the big boys on the pitch then we need to compete commercially too.

Think of eSports as free advertising around the world. A new generation of kids are being exposed to the brand, that in turn will generate more interest in the club.

Iirc something like 40 percent of Man utd's revenue is from overseas. If we're ever going to compete with them then we'll need to create a great deal more abroad.

How many people from places like Asia had heard of Wolves until Fosun took over? Not many.

eSports is massive now and will only get bigger. It will give us exposure to new markets. Anything sold around the world with wolves branding directly benefits the club.
I think you're being naive, fosun sports group own the wolves brand (and IP). Fosun sports group benefit from merch being sold, only some of that merch is sold by the football club.

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Not sure that's the case.

In the Ask Wolves one of them (I think Russell Jones) said that there would be many people in Asia who only know Wolves from esports and wouldn't even know we were a football club.
There's some Wolves eSports stream live right now so I checked it out - 28k viewers. I don't know how many viewers these streams typically get, but 28k doesn't seem like a big number. Especially if "many people in Asia" are avid Wolves eSports fans like is being claimed.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The article is from 2018, so 2028. A little over 5 years from now.
Yes thats the only time i heard him speak of a time line
Nowhere has he said top 4 in 5 years,if he has and someone can find that quote please post it
In that article he says 10 to 30 years its possible to match Man City thats the aim but step by step, year by year,a far cry from whats being spouted as fact

Reaction score
I think you're being naive, fosun sports group own the wolves brand (and IP). Fosun sports group benefit from merch being sold, only some of that merch is sold by the football club.
I could well be being naive, I'm no expert on these things...are you?

Even if you're right, some "merch" is better than none, right?

Surely you agree that getting us known to new audiences is a good thing!?

Back
Top Bottom