Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 players already gone out of Bruno's weak squad he had last season...
Come on Jeff get the cheque book out asap before we lose another midfielder to another club
If it's accurate, don't know why he bothers. He has no real clout and the bosses just ignore him.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's accurate, don't know why he bothers. He has no real clout and the bosses just ignore him.
Bruno is operating under the same rules as Nuno was in that he's told who is coming and going and he can lump it or leave the club.
If he's here much longer he's got no self respect.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno is operating under the same rules as Nuno was in that he's told who is coming and going and he can lump it or leave the club.
He'll get far more money if he is sacked than he will if he resigns. If it goes pear shaped, we'll see an even more dour faced Bruno sitting it out like Nuno in his last few months before Fosun finally pull the trigger.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll get far more money if he is sacked than he will if he resigns. If it goes pear shaped, we'll see an even more dour faced Bruno sitting it out like Nuno in his last few months before Fosun finally pull the trigger.
Yes of course he will, but Fosun won't sack him because they don't want to pay him off. If he talks out of turn he will invalidate any payoff so unless he walks he's here for a while.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is still in Portugal with his family from something I just read.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too much pride. He knows once he leaves Wolves he will never get another job, at least not in England or the Big Three in Portugal.

IMHO he will hang-on like grim death, probably gone in November when Fosun have no choice but to sack him.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is still in Portugal with his family from something I just read.
First day back training and the manager is still on holiday? That doesn't make sense.
The post on the pub rumour thread that he was going to be sacked but the replacement fell through, that was interesting imo.
I find it hard to believe he wasn't sacked after the shambles of the last 3 months of the season

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First day back training and the manager is still on holiday? That doesn't make sense.
The post on the pub rumour thread that he was going to be sacked but the replacement fell through, that was interesting imo.
I find it hard to believe he wasn't sacked after the shambles of the last 3 months of the season
Or maybe rather Bruno doesn't want to come back to Molineux yet after losing out on Joao Palhinha going to Fulham now..
Plus all the other transfer targets he wants and Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars are not seemingly getting anywhere? Which is needed for his ever depleting Wolves squad.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Training !? They have a couple of days of fitness tests first. Makes perfect sense.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Training !? They have a couple of days of fitness tests first. Makes perfect sense.
Fair enough then
However I'm still surprised he's in the job.
Anyway, clean slate start of next season, but more performances like palace, Norwich etc etc and decisions to play hwang over Podence and fabio, then I hope he goes very quickly

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I've said before, i would have
Too much pride. He knows once he leaves Wolves he will never get another job, at least not in England or the Big Three in Portugal.

IMHO he will hang-on like grim death, probably gone in November when Fosun have no choice but to sack him.
And then we'll get someone in better and rise up the table again.
My money is Sean Dyche. I'm weirdly looking forward to it.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The far more realistic explanation is that that poster was talking out of their bottom. If a club wants to sack a manager, they will sack their manager, and just move to option #2 on their list of replacements.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The far more realistic explanation is that that poster was talking out of their bottom. If a club wants to sack a manager, they will sack their manager, and just move to option #2 on their list of replacements.
Waiting for Pochettino

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First two days back are testing with the sports science team, he has no need to be here.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have massive confidence in Bruno, but it must be tough being in his position where he is being either lied to or let down by those above him, repeatedly.

Last August; “confident we’ll get 3 or 4 more players”, we got Hwang.

January; “we need more players”, we lose Adama and sign nobody.

May; “I’d like most of the squad to be sorted by pre-season”, two days away we have signed nobody

May; “I want to keep John Ruddy”, he’s released

May; “I want to keep Moutinho”, still not signed a new contract

Not strictly true.

In January we also signed Hwang.

In July we will sign Hwang again.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were certainly a few comments on here claiming through various sources that he was pretty much "gone" at the end of last season. Whether he was a "goner" and something changed or whether it was just an element of wishful thinking is now irrespective. Looks like he is here now for the near future.

What concerns me the most (especially as a ST holder) is having to watch that same turgid **** style of play again this season with the same players. Whatever your opinions of Lage, he simply is not capable of making a silk purse out of sow's ear

Last edited:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First two days back are testing with the sports science team, he has no need to be here.
Interesting.
I have no idea what type of testing they do, but presumably medical tests and fitness tests.
But do they do psychological testing? Geunine question.
Much has been made in recent years about footballers mentality (or mental -ee -ee)
I think Arsene Wenger was probably first to coin the phrase.

My take would be that there must be a high degree of anxiety for all players and employees at this time of year, some of which will have been festering for weeks.
Getting a team together in the absence of its leader in these circumstances seems seems bizarre and risky to me.
So my take on this is that there is an absolute need for the Manager to be there from day one to help provide some reassurrance and sense of bonhomie.
To set the tone for the new challenge rather than "well if he can't be bothered why should we"

Lage should be (and maybe has been) tested first

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting.
I have no idea what type of testing they do, but presumably medical tests and fitness tests.
But do they do psychological testing? Geunine question.
Much has been made in recent years about footballers mentality (or mental -ee -ee)
I think Arsene Wenger was probably first to coin the phrase.

My take would be that there must be a high degree of anxiety for all players and employees at this time of year, some of which will have been festering for weeks.
Getting a team together in the absence of its leader in these circumstances seems seems bizarre and risky to me.
So my take on this is that there is an absolute need for the Manager to be there from day one to help provide some reassurrance and sense of bonhomie.
To set the tone for the new challenge rather than "well if he can't be bothered why should we"

Lage should be (and maybe has been) tested first
Agreed. Find it a bit strange to be honest. The manager is the leader, he should be there, the first person they see when they come back.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Fosun have learned something after having to replace Jackett with Zenga.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting.

Weigh them, measure them, tell them they're all fat *******s and get them doing the bleep test.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Fosun have learned something after having to replace Jackett with Zenga.

Absolutely. Very quickly went back to an uninspiring safer pair of hands in Lambert.

I do think Fosun are the types that would always be courting a better tier of manager. Sounding people out through Mendes maybe?

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Find it a bit strange to be honest. The manager is the leader, he should be there, the first person they see when they come back.
Can't disagree. To me its a trait of leadership.

I always chuckle when I recall those rumours of Zenga jetting back off home to Dubai straight after a match and then leaving the Monday training sessions with his staff to deal with.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That still doesn't wash with me. He should be the first person through the door welcoming everyone else back to work. Unless of course he's not happy and you stay away for as long as possible
I think you’re looking into something to find a problem to be honest. Does the roofer turn up on a building site when bricks are still being laid? There’s absolutely no need for him to be there to oversee a load of fitness tests.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno not being there is probably absolutely nothing. It’s all sport science stuff so he wouldn’t be there, would he? I guess it’s only weird if he’s the hands on type coach who likes to oversee everything. But I have no idea whether he is or not.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you’re looking into something to find a problem to be honest. Does the roofer turn up on a building site when bricks are still being laid? There’s absolutely no need for him to be there to oversee a load of fitness tests.
No but the project manager might. Don't think it's a huge issue however, assuming even that what someone's read is true.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He would if he was also the site foreman.

Lage is the Head Coach, i'd expect him to have been back at least last week preparing for the players return, face to face meetings with staff and bosses. He could be using this time to talk to the players about the plans and aspirations for the new season. theres clearly going to be players who want their futures sorted that he needs to speak to. If it's true hes not there then its really poor in my view

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It’s standard. Medical & physio staff have the players for a couple days of testing before any training starts.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would if he was also the site foreman.

Lage is the Head Coach, i'd expect him to have been back at least last week preparing for the players return, face to face meetings with staff and bosses. He could be using this time to talk to the players about the plans and aspirations for the new season. theres clearly going to be players who want their futures sorted that he needs to speak to. If it's true hes not there then its really poor in my view
There’s not one player back yet who’s future needs sorting. Anyone who has played in the summer isn’t back for a week

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were certainly a few comments on here claiming through various sources that he was pretty much "gone" at the end of last season. Whether he was a "goner" and something changed or whether it was just an element of wishful thinking is now irrespective. Looks like he is here now for the near future.

What concerns me the most (especially as a ST holder) is having to watch that same turgid **** style of play again this season with the same players. Whatever your opinions of Lage, he simply is not capable of making a silk purse out of sow's ear

Who is...I'd bet Pep wouldn't do much better either.With no money to spend.

Back
Top Bottom