Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll put it one way, you've done an extremely long tiring project that has taken 9 months and only 4 of you worked on it, you're promised next year will be different and more help will become to ease the burden, the next year rolls around and you've got to do that same project again, only this time, there's' only 3 of you.

You sound a lot like my CEO!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have had a good catch up with an old friend who works at Notts Forrest, very close to the players over the weekend, and have debated putting this up……

He told me they are VERY confident that MGW will be joining them this season.
I think its 80% certain, he will go to play under cooper.

He will be the main man for them, we will see how they go

We have Dropped down to 1877 again on Wolves Twitter

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have had a good catch up with an old friend who works at Notts Forrest, very close to the players over the weekend, and have debated putting this up……

Seems quite likely to me and very disappointing I think. Had been watching him with interest at Sheff Utd and was quite impressed by what I'd seen and the prospect of him coming back and doing well for us.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score

Did they give any indication on the fee? Would presume we'd accept something between 20-25m
Shame as i would've liked to see him given a real crack here but it is what it is

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are the Players back today ??

Normally we get some sort of 10 sec video welcoming back to training with players arriving at Compton ????

Sorry I see a big royal Caribbean advertising thing on the official page …. Typical !!
It would have to be in slow motion given the paucity of personnel

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine we sold Morgan and went out and bought a Trincao/Vitinha equivalent who everyone thinks looks a good signing on paper/FM/youtube but actually look rubbish for a year as they get acclimatised.

Morgan is ready- this should be his breakout year and he should be doing it in gold and black.

Either he takes the Trincao/Donk role in last years 352/343 team or he takes the number 10 in a refreshed 4231/433.

Both ways, he is better, younger and more prepared than anyone we would be able to buy.
Gibbs white has proved nothing yet. You watch the MGW luvvies on the matchday thread if he is the same as before. Carnage

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MGW very much gone.

Imagine this will be a master stroke again by Jeff and the boys.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paris is really low down on the list on places to go on holiday if you're a footballer. He was linked to PSG too.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll sell Neves for a low fee at the end of the window and Danny Drinkwater will be available

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rúben Vinagre is leaving Sporting but with the guarantee that, a year from now, he will be back in Alcochete to be the lion's firm bet, since he will be loaned but, by the firm option of SAD dos lions, with no purchase option contemplated. .

bought him and loaning him out
I think they were obligated to buy otherwise he'd have been back at Wolves.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very, very possible.
I wrote months ago that this could be another plateau in our development. The timing could be right. Guo and Jeff must have been excited to see us finish 7th. twice, have a great cup run and the Europa.
No reason the wouldn’t try or want to get back to those performances.
They dont care about league position as long as we stay up. Its about brand, revenue outside football and fosun sports

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be really sad to see MGW go, think he has a lot to offer in a wolves shirt. A shame we’ve treated one of our own like ****, I guess you reap what you sow.
Treated him like ****? The one thing we did that was wrong was pull him back from Swansea in Nuno's last season then not give him game time.

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well hopefully they are working behind the scenes to find a new owner who can with some urgency. The longer the status quo remains, the greater the chance we will be canon fodder for relegation. By then it will be too late and they will just sod off.
They will try to float us. Same thing really

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
P definitely going to Fulham & Botman to the Toon! Alex Crooks saying Wolves "are not cash rich" and seems to think we will struggle this market. Only the next few weeks will tell.....
Alex crook knows nothing he just repeats whatever roumer is going around on newsnow or Twitter

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Story today that Fulham have beaten us to Paulinha, despite a lower offer of £17million. Seems like Silva was able to sell the vision of a newly promoted club better than we could ( assuming we’d made any contact ). If true, leaves little doubt that if Neves stays there won’t be money available for the fairly major refresh we need. Worryingly, every transfer window we fail to adequately strengthen, the more likely we have a struggle in the bottom half of the table.

I remember them beating us to Steve Sidwell too.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except that Guo has far bigger issues to deal with right now, so I think Wolves and Fosun Sports are a long way down his priorities.

Fosun have a very diversified portfolio, and S&P took a more positive view than Moodys, so I’m not worried that they’re going belly up anytime soon. But anyone expecting Fosun to inject new capital into Wolves anytime soon, unless it’s to bail us from a relegation scrap, is going to be disappointed.
This is very significant. No wonder there is no cash

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is very significant. No wonder there is no cash

Really dont read to much into this, i spoke about this before in the other thread.

They have bought back the maturing bonds for 2023, and have capital, really nothing to worry about in terms of Fosun's general interaction with wolves.

Yes they have alot of debt, but there debt to equity ratio isnt far off a company like mercedes benz or volkswagen.

Fosun has flexibility to replenish cash and has adequate resources to manage debt maturities

HONG KONG, June 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Fosun International Limited (HKEX stock code: 00656, "Fosun International") received S&P Global Rating's latest report published yesterday, where it points out that Fosun has adequate resources to meet its upcoming debt maturities over the next six to 12 months and that it believes the company could rely on asset monetization and stable banking relationships to manage its liquidity.

According to Fosun International's 2021 annual report, Fosun International has a sound and healthy financial position. As of the end of 2021, the total debt to total capital ratio dropped to 53.8%; the average cost of debt was at a historically low of 4.6%; cash, bank balances and term deposits reached RMB96.78 billion. In terms of cash and debt management, Fosun has always adhered to the principle of proactive management of maturing debts and continuous optimization of debt structure, and has built financing capabilities with diversified financing channels and wide recognition from the market. The Group and its subsidiaries have established partnerships with more than 100 Chinese and foreign banks around the world and have signed strategic cooperation agreements with many international banks and multiple Chinese banks. Facing the volatility of the public market, Fosun made full use of its diversified financing channels to maintain stable liquidity.

On 22 June 2022, Fosun International announced an update on outstanding tender offer to accept Any-and-All for full outstanding principal amount of its only two offshore bonds maturing this year. The two offshore bonds are FOSUNI 5.5% 2023 US dollar bond puttable in August this year, at the amount about USD380 million, and Euro bond FOSUNI 3.3% 2022 maturing in October this year, at the amount about EUR384 million. These two bonds are the Company's only maturing offshore bonds this year. The expiration deadline is 4 July 2022 and the purchase price of these two bonds is redeemable at 100% of face value.

Last edited:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really dont read to much into this, i spoke about this before in the other thread.

They have bought back the maturing bonds for 2023, and have capital, really nothing to worry about in terms of Fosun's general interaction with wolves.

Yes they have alot of debt, but there debt to equity ratio isnt far off a company like mercedes benz or volkswagen.

osun has flexibility to replenish cash and has adequate resources to manage debt maturities

HONG KONG, June 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Fosun International Limited (HKEX stock code: 00656, "Fosun International") received S&P Global Rating's latest report published yesterday, where it points out that Fosun has adequate resources to meet its upcoming debt maturities over the next six to 12 months and that it believes the company could rely on asset monetization and stable banking relationships to manage its liquidity.

According to Fosun International's 2021 annual report, Fosun International has a sound and healthy financial position. As of the end of 2021, the total debt to total capital ratio dropped to 53.8%; the average cost of debt was at a historically low of 4.6%; cash, bank balances and term deposits reached RMB96.78 billion. In terms of cash and debt management, Fosun has always adhered to the principle of proactive management of maturing debts and continuous optimization of debt structure, and has built financing capabilities with diversified financing channels and wide recognition from the market. The Group and its subsidiaries have established partnerships with more than 100 Chinese and foreign banks around the world and have signed strategic cooperation agreements with many international banks and multiple Chinese banks. Facing the volatility of the public market, Fosun made full use of its diversified financing channels to maintain stable liquidity.

On 22 June 2022, Fosun International announced an update on outstanding tender offer to accept Any-and-All for full outstanding principal amount of its only two offshore bonds maturing this year. The two offshore bonds are FOSUNI 5.5% 2023 US dollar bond puttable in August this year, at the amount about USD380 million, and Euro bond FOSUNI 3.3% 2022 maturing in October this year, at the amount about EUR384 million. These two bonds are the Company's only maturing offshore bonds this year. The expiration deadline is 4 July 2022 and the purchase price of these two bonds is redeemable at 100% of face value.
Brave. But i have seen this before. It mostly ends badly

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have two trains on thought on Gibbs-White right now.

On one hand I am not overly bothered and getting £20m + is a right little bonus. He never convinced me in the Premier League at Wolves. I used to get beyond frustrated with him, even when he was recalled, he always needed that extra yard or two on the ball and got punished for not making his decisions quicker and more decisive.

Having said that, if we were about to sign a 22 year old, English attacking midfielder from a Championship club who has just finished in the play-offs, contributing to 12 goals and 10 assists - I would be excited.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have two trains on thought on Gibbs-White right now.

On one hand I am not overly bothered and getting £20m + is a right little bonus. He never convinced me in the Premier League at Wolves. I used to get beyond frustrated with him, even when he was recalled, he always needed that extra yard or two on the ball and got punished for not making his decisions quicker and more decisive.

Having said that, if we were about to sign a 22 year old, English attacking midfielder from a Championship club who has just finished in the play-offs, contributing to 12 goals and 10 assists - I would be excited.
Totally agree. If he was absolutely fresh with no history we would be excited. But some were excited when we signed Jed Wallace who’d posted excellent numbers in the leagues below. However, when I’ve watched MGW in the Premier League he has looked behind our other forwards, his first touch isn’t great for a Premier League player, not Hwang levels but not Podence, Neto levels either. Wasn’t surprised he was loaned out and am pleased he’s done well but I’m still not convinced by him, even when I watched Sheff Utd. I could be totally wrong but £20-£25m is a good deal for us.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously we don’t know what’s going on but I think those few extra league places that Sellars didn’t want to risk the clubs future for in January would have got us into Europe and made us a lot more attractive to players thinking of joining us from abroad.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
WTF would be in that for us?
Maybe a midfielder comes our way on loan for the season?

It could be an inventive way to get something near what we put down for Semedo back?

I’m sure comparisons to the recent Traore episode will be drawn. The big difference being in January when Traore was loaned out he had only 18 months left on his current contract.

Even if Semedo were to go to Atletico for the season and they don’t pick up the option. We can extend his deal for a further 2 years.

Regardless if a loan deal materiales now or not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sold next summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom