Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What mess, I’d rather keep Bruno but if the hierarchy ain’t happy and Bruno ain’t happy. Then maybe it’s best we let him walk….

After all Nuno could come back and carry on the 5 at the back which is progress or a steady ship you decide.

A messy situation and Jeff Shi & Scott Sellars have to take some blame here they obviously promised him a pack of lies!!
You don’t lie to a potential new coach.
What would be the point of that?

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
What mess, I’d rather keep Bruno but if the hierarchy ain’t happy and Bruno ain’t happy. Then maybe it’s best we let him walk….

After all Nuno could come back and carry on the 5 at the back which is progress or a steady ship you decide.

A messy situation and Jeff Shi & Scott Sellars have to take some blame here they obviously promised him a pack of lies!!
I have a feeling he will walk, I just don't see the club going anywhere whilst Sellers and Shi make decisions. If he goes most likely one of three managers will get the job, AVB Nuno and Lopetegui but be stuck in same situation. If I were a season ticket holder I'd be waiting as long as I can to renew.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will walk, I just don't see the club going anywhere whilst Sellers and Shi make decisions. If he goes most likely one of three managers will get the job, AVB Nuno and Lopetegui but be stuck in same situation. If I were a season ticket holder I'd be waiting as long as I can to renew.
Iv already renewed but 100% agree with what you’re saying

Mess this up the fans won’t be very forgiving!!

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm also waiting on our renewals to see what's going on with both manager and the squad rebuild starting.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the club and Bruno will “mutually agree” for him to leave the club. He’s going to want the backing he should have had last season and get players that HE wants… Shi and Masters Degree will know best, of course.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Can someone clarify what contract Bruno is on. Did I dream that he was on a 1 Year deal that expires this summer?

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Cheers - some clown had sent me a link that said he was on a 1 year deal that may not be extended

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to me we hired him as a cheap option, who would be grateful for the opportunity - a yes man.

Although once he started well, he quite rightly challenged fosun on the lack of transfers which no doubt they didn’t like.

He then did a lot better than we hoped, but then january came and fosun didn’t back him, and indeed made us weaker by removing traore with one of the worst transfers in history.

Bruno lost his minerals and played more and more defensive as the season went on.

Fair enough if we don’t have the centre backs but there was absolutely no reason to not try other tactics.

He will either walk or be sacked in the next 6 months when we don’t make the right signings - then you wonder where we go with fosun unlikely to heavily invest in a top quality new manager.

Alternatively fosun back him and make the right signings and we will see if he can get more performances like his first 3 games

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The fact wolves players keeping coming out saying how much a great manager he is, how they have all the info etc.

Just states the fact the players couldnt get there act together back end of the season

He cant play for them. But i do appreciate neves being very positive about bruno

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of his team selections and substitutions (or lack of them) have been inexcusable. This and playing Hwang ahead of Silva has a 'no confidence' vote from me.

I think he's been extremely lucky to come away with some results, the style of football at the end of the season when we basically had a free hit for Europe was just incomprehensible.

I hope he proves me wrong, I think he's just a chancer.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have a feeling that the club and Bruno will “mutually agree” for him to leave the club. He’s going to want the backing he should have had last season and get players that HE wants… Shi and Masters Degree will know best, of course.

i have a feeling that, due to my unwarranted exclusion from wolves' innermost transfer dealings, it's necessary to go on the internet and spill my guts every 5mins

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
What I don’t get is on one hand the players keep saying what a great coach he is and they enjoy working for him then on the other hand there’s performances like against Brighton which was shocking.

The talk last season that the players couldn’t adjust to Bruno’s preferred playing style coupled with his substitutions like against Brentford at home where he just seemed to pile on every forward we had gives me some real cause for concern bc that if his Plan A doesn’t work that he cannot adapt.

Given at the moment the lack of refresh and pre-season getting ever closer it seems an odd situation with relegation form at the end of last season there has been no discernible change to either coach or playing personnel, so where is the logic that results and performances will improve??

I really fear for potentially quite a toxic atmosphere next season quite quickly if we don’t get off to a decent start.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What I don’t get is on one hand the players keep saying what a great coach he is and they enjoy working for him then on the other hand there’s performances like against Brighton which was shocking.

The talk last season that the players couldn’t adjust to Bruno’s preferred playing style coupled with his substitutions like against Brentford at home where he just seemed to pile on every forward we had gives me some real cause for concern bc that if his Plan A doesn’t work that he cannot adapt.

Given at the moment the lack of refresh and pre-season getting ever closer it seems an odd situation with relegation form at the end of last season there has been no discernible change to either coach or playing personnel, so where is the logic that results and performances will improve??

I really fear for potentially quite a toxic atmosphere next season quite quickly if we don’t get off to a decent start.
The players aren't good enough to play attacking football.

Either we stay being a grinder team slipping lower down the league or major surgery the squad. Almost worse thing to do would be to get caught in the middle.

Kind of what happened to Nuno when he played a 4

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. I think we should apply this to both Bruno and the players. He talks the talk of attacking football creating chances, then turns out the same team and plays very negative football. I mean donk on the right of a front 3?!

Neves talks positively about Bruno, as do other players, yet there performances tell another story all together. What do you expect a current player to say?! I cannot remember maybe players saying how they loved playing under Nuno, but they all continued to play for him, even in the last 6 months when it went wayward, they played for the manager.

The club is in a schizophrenic state. Across the club and the fans. The board say they want attaching football, yet Bruno delivers less goals. Bruno wants new players, yet non arrive. Bruno says he trusts youth, yet punches down on them on most occasions, senior players getting continually picked, turn in poor performances. We are sleeping walking into a very poor season.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
donk on the right of a front 3?!

Neves and Moutinho's legs were gone towards the end of the season, they can't handle the pace of the premier League in a 2

The role of donk isn't as a wide man in the front three but as a box to box third midfielder alongside Neves/Mouts drifting forward in possession.

This is exactly how Nuno used to play Donk.

It's not quite as baffling as when Nuno played Otasowie as a box to box false nine that one time.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actions speak louder than words. I think we should apply this to both Bruno and the players. He talks the talk of attacking football creating chances, then turns out the same team and plays very negative football. I mean donk on the right of a front 3?!

Neves talks positively about Bruno, as do other players, yet there performances tell another story all together. What do you expect a current player to say?! I cannot remember maybe players saying how they loved playing under Nuno, but they all continued to play for him, even in the last 6 months when it went wayward, they played for the manager.

The club is in a schizophrenic state. Across the club and the fans. The board say they want attaching football, yet Bruno delivers less goals. Bruno wants new players, yet non arrive. Bruno says he trusts youth, yet punches down on them on most occasions, senior players getting continually picked, turn in poor performances. We are sleeping walking into a very poor season.
The team including coady, say that all they do is practice attaking football, maybe its the lack of squad we have that when they play against each other in training its not against enough competition and side to side football is fine ! who knows. But genuinely he cant play it for them, he came out swinging first games of the season. But the players will dictate the play on the pitch, if mouts and neves slow it down.

What can you do?

We had a lot of shots in a couple of games but couldnt put the ball in the net, raul's form was troubling. I just think we need a refresh and this preseason post covid.

Lets see a fit pedro rip it up

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The players used to say Terry Connor was the best coach they'd ever worked for.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the point that you can't judge him entirely without backing but I think that only lasts so long.

From next season, he's got to do more. It's all well and good saying players can't do this, can't do that, can't play in a four etc. but you make them do it. And if they can't, they go and someone else gets a chance or buy a cheaper player that can.

It's been a year of excuses for Bruno.

There's no way that Liam Cooper can play in a back four and finish 9th (with the same number of points that we've ever got) yet you can tell me Kilman and Boly couldn't.

There are many other examples as well, Bednarek at Southampton, Brighton and Brentford do it sometimes.

Yes, Boly and Kilman may not be perfect in a back four, or even Coady, but no side has perfect options at the back.

We were the worst team to watch by a million miles when you compare to what the manager has to work with.

We have Neto, MGW, Neves, Moutinho, Ait-Nouri, Semedo, Jimenez, Traore, Podence all part of our squad. Even if one or two leave, there's still a lot of talent. There's a lot of good players.

The squad is not perfect and we all have an idea on where we need to strengthen but it's still incredible that our performances are so bad, and they are so bad, with this group.

That's ultimately on the manager and whilst I have sympathy with him that he deserves more backing, that sympathy only goes so far because he has not been brave enough to do all he can with what he's got.

He was brought in to change our style of play and he has to do it. We need to try and progress and it's all on him. You have to believe these attacking players will make it worthwhile.

The mood around the club is bad already and ultimately Bruno is the one who will lose his job, even if the heat is on Sellars/Shi. So, he must know a sacking is never that far away and if he was sacked tomorrow I think he'd have so many regrets at what he's done in the past year.

He needs to change and do it his way now, with or without serious backing. If he creates a team that has a go and we fall short because no new players arrive, people will accept that (I think) and blame those above him.

Another year of this **** and he is just another part of the problem.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I get the point that you can't judge him entirely without backing but I think that only lasts so long.

From next season, he's got to do more. It's all well and good saying players can't do this, can't do that, can't play in a four etc. but you make them do it. And if they can't, they go and someone else gets a chance or buy a cheaper player that can.
That could be an issue though. Jeff either wants change which will probably cost a bit or it doesn’t make any difference what manager is brought in.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neves and Moutinho's legs were gone towards the end of the season, they can't handle the pace of the premier League in a 2

The role of donk isn't as a wide man in the front three but as a box to box third midfielder alongside Neves/Mouts drifting forward in possession.

This is exactly how Nuno used to play Donk.

It's not quite as baffling as when Nuno played Otasowie as a box to box false nine that one time.

Accepted about Otasowie.
Donk has played a few roles one as you describe, other definitely was the right of a 3. At least one if not two games at home.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had that in hospital recently. **** me, it sends you into space....
Horse tranquiliser. Seems to be increasingly used in the treatment of severe mental health disorders too (not saying wither of those were what you used it for).

Had some friends at university who used it and talked about going into the 'K-Hole' which was effectively their consciousness folding into the mirror that was hanging on the wall.

I was simultaneously intrigued and frightened by it, but would probably try it under controlled conditions like you had.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last season’s performances, I have to say I don’t have much confidence in Bruno
Surely Jeff must have had some worries if he’d picked the right guy to replace Nuno……. however, maybe not.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last season’s performances, I have to say I don’t have much confidence in Bruno
Surely Jeff must have had some worries if he’d picked the right guy to replace Nuno……. however, maybe not.
If we see performances like the first few games of last season (chances created) and actually find the back of the net, all will be well.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have massive confidence in Bruno, but it must be tough being in his position where he is being either lied to or let down by those above him, repeatedly.

Last August; “confident we’ll get 3 or 4 more players”, we got Hwang.

January; “we need more players”, we lose Adama and sign nobody.

May; “I’d like most of the squad to be sorted by pre-season”, two days away we have signed nobody

May; “I want to keep John Ruddy”, he’s released

May; “I want to keep Moutinho”, still not signed a new contract

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Horse tranquiliser. Seems to be increasingly used in the treatment of severe mental health disorders too (not saying wither of those were what you used it for).

Had some friends at university who used it and talked about going into the 'K-Hole' which was effectively their consciousness folding into the mirror that was hanging on the wall.

I was simultaneously intrigued and frightened by it, but would probably try it under controlled conditions like you had.
The horses can keep it. It was for debridement of burn injuries instead of putting me to sleep.
I couldn't imagine using it as a recreational drug to be honest.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t have massive confidence in Bruno, but it must be tough being in his position where he is being either lied to or let down by those above him, repeatedly.

Last August; “confident we’ll get 3 or 4 more players”, we got Hwang.

January; “we need more players”, we lose Adama and sign nobody.

May; “I’d like most of the squad to be sorted by pre-season”, two days away we have signed nobody

May; “I want to keep John Ruddy”, he’s released

May; “I want to keep Moutinho”, still not signed a new contract

My issue has always been i think he's just a puppet. He is always saying he needs players and never gets them. He wants to keep players and the club chooses not to keep them. As you say, he is either being lied to or let down, which is basically undermining his position and ability to achieve anything. If this window is a bust and we go into the season without at least 3 improvements to the first team, probably 4 or 5 if we lose Neves, then he should have the balls to quit. He's on a hiding to nothing.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't have been surprised if he was sacked however likewise if he walks away from the outside looking in and the constant bickering things right now don't look good.

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
The team including coady, say that all they do is practice attaking football, maybe its the lack of squad we have that when they play against each other in training its not against enough competition and side to side football is fine ! who knows. But genuinely he cant play it for them, he came out swinging first games of the season. But the players will dictate the play on the pitch, if mouts and neves slow it down.

What can you do?

We had a lot of shots in a couple of games but couldnt put the ball in the net, raul's form was troubling. I just think we need a refresh and this preseason post covid.

Lets see a fit pedro rip it up
The attackers probably look great in training against our defenders.

Back
Top Bottom