Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve seen him, not as many times as you but enough to know comparisons with Neves are ridiculous. SU fans loved him but they also acknowledged he regularly tried too much fancy stuff. I hope he stays but if we’re sticking with a back 3 I’m not sure he fits well anywhere.
That’s not actually true - they voted him young player of the year, player of the year, and their forum said he’s the best loan player in their history because of his creativity, goals and assists.

Show any fan a player who never gives the ball away, and they’ll show you a player who doesn’t take risks, and probably doesn’t get many goals or assists…..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting players in for pre season is absolutely ideal from a footballing perspective. Allows players to settle quickly and learn the system and roles they will be playing.
The structure of our club and the way in which it is staffed and set up doesn't put football as its primary concern.
Jeff under Fosun runs Wolves like a business primarily, and from a business perspective. Late deals are most likely better deals.
completely see your point and potential financial business sense. However if neves leaves in the last week and we scrabble around on deadline day , that's zero football sense zeo logical sense.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
completely see your point and potential financial business sense. However if neves leaves in the last week and we scrabble around on deadline day , that's zero football sense zeo logical sense.
I agree completely. I think a lot of our business depends on the Neves situation. I think we were expecting him to go fairly early on allowing us to move on our primary targets.
Other clubs will know the position we are in financially, the way Jeff has been going on about self sustainability and will know we will either need to tie Neves down or move him on in order to properly assess our options this window. The club's interested in Neves will be waiting for us to blink on the Neves fee towards the end of the window. I guess we will see what happens.

T

TheConcourse

The Neves situation needs a line drawing. A very clear yes or no to whichever clubs want to make an offer.

It’s not just the money, it’s the whole structure of where we strengthen and how.

Surely if Barca are committed to selling De Jong we’ve got the kind of relationship with them to get an early yes on whether they’re paying for Neves or not.

**** me, we overpaid for their right back, gave them £5m for someone who had the strength of an U12’s non-binary winger and gave them Traore for free. Now they’re going to bend us over for as long as possible whilst Spotify keep throwing pound notes down their bra.

Come on Jeff, set a deadline for these ****s.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not though, I’m taking Lage’s quotes about MGW, where he said that Morgan knew his plans for him next season, and the fact we’ve offered him a new contract as a sign that he isn’t indifferent about him and wants him to stay.

But if you remember, he said that in January, giving Morgan the choice of staying or returning to his loan. He was indifferent.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So a few pages back part of a post said that Seyi Olofinjana had been sacked at Grasshoppers, obviously translations aren’t always accurate but as he was always very well thought of at Wolves, could this just mean he is returning to us in a different role like a DoF to sort out of shortcomings in the transfer window?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The amount of egg on people's faces here when we have the greatest transfer window to date is going to be immense.
It’s very, very possible.
I wrote months ago that this could be another plateau in our development. The timing could be right. Guo and Jeff must have been excited to see us finish 7th. twice, have a great cup run and the Europa.
No reason the wouldn’t try or want to get back to those performances.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very, very possible.
I wrote months ago that this could be another plateau in our development. The timing could be right. Guo and Jeff must have been excited to see us finish 7th. twice, have a great cup run and the Europa.
No reason the wouldn’t try or want to get to those performances.

Except that Guo has far bigger issues to deal with right now, so I think Wolves and Fosun Sports are a long way down his priorities.

Fosun have a very diversified portfolio, and S&P took a more positive view than Moodys, so I’m not worried that they’re going belly up anytime soon. But anyone expecting Fosun to inject new capital into Wolves anytime soon, unless it’s to bail us from a relegation scrap, is going to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
So a few pages back part of a post said that Seyi Olofinjana had been sacked at Grasshoppers, obviously translations aren’t always accurate but as he was always very well thought of at Wolves, could this just mean he is returning to us in a different role like a DoF to sort out of shortcomings in the transfer window?
If we were to get a proper DoF I'd want someone better than Olofinjana.
After the kaly sene debacle i don't want olofinjana back.
Agreed that's as worse as Sellars and Traore-Barca episode.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except that Guo has far bigger issues to deal with right now, so I think Wolves and Fosun Sports are a long way down his priorities.

Fosun have a very diversified portfolio, and S&P took a more positive view than Moodys, so I’m not worried that they’re going belly up anytime soon. But anyone expecting Fosun to inject new capital into Wolves anytime soon, unless it’s to bail us from a relegation scrap, is going to be disappointed.
Possibly yes but we have to accept that there are rough times to go with the good, these spells of potential watching what we do aren't cos they don't give a **** it's other financial restraints they may be having to deal with as a business, cos that's what they are and we're part of that. Just because we don't spend 60 million each window (which would be lovely yes) we can't just start to turn! It's a tad on the childish side really

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly yes but we have to accept that there are rough times to go with the good, these spells of potential watching what we do aren't cos they don't give a **** it's other financial restraints they may be having to deal with as a business, cos that's what they are and we're part of that. Just because we don't spend 60 million each window (which would be lovely yes) we can't just start to turn! It's a tad on the childish side really

I wasn’t being critical, saying they don’t care, or how much they should spend. I was just pointing out that Guo has much more important things to worry about at the moment than our transfer budget or pushing for a European spot.

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No translation issues, he was sacked along with the managing director. Too many mistakes

He wouldn’t be our DOF, people complain about Sellars and as much as I like Seyi the player, he wasn’t great as loans manager here and he was worse as a DOF at GZ

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes and to a degree I agree but an injection of say £70m to £100m to Wolves is nearly just maintenance for their investment and while I agree that Wolves are probably not a priority for Fosun, the figures I mentioned are not huge to them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and to a degree I agree but an injection of say £70m to £100m to Wolves is nearly just maintenance for their investment and while I agree that Wolves are probably not a priority for Fosun, the figures I mentioned are not huge to them.

Not going to happen. Only if we are in a relegation scrap, are Fosun going to inject capital, and even in that scenario, it’s more likely they will ask the club to borrow from commercial lenders.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to happen. Only if we are in a relegation scrap, are Fosun going to inject capital, and even in that scenario, it’s more likely they will ask the club to borrow from commercial lenders.
When I said that I think, ( or is it hope or even fantasy, ,.lol),Wolves might go big this window, I didn’t mean that Fosun would literally inject the cash but would ok Jeff taking a loan. Either way, I suspect Fosun would have to ok it. ( I have often wondered how much autonomy Jeff has).

Even if, god forbid, Neves found god and quit or died in a car accident, I still think Wolves have access to money for several good players.
I have no proof……just seems the timing is right, for several different reasons.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun can’t inject money into us because of the CCP

Well hopefully they are working behind the scenes to find a new owner who can with some urgency. The longer the status quo remains, the greater the chance we will be canon fodder for relegation. By then it will be too late and they will just sod off.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Todays the start of pre-season training. The day that Bruno said he wanted most of the signings at Compton.

If I were him, after being shafted, again, I’d be handing in my resignation and ****ing off to the Algarve.
He wont though. He needs the job. Respectfully, he isnt exactly an A-lister.

Back
Top Bottom