Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Where do you think we'll finish next season?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to gauge mood and expectations for next season.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Below citeh, red scousers, spuds, ********s, what was chelski, but after that not a clue depends on recruitment

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8th-15th. Probably similar to where we finished this season.

Any talk of Europe is unrealistic, as is any talk of a relegation battle. We are the definitive mid table team. Good, not great players. Better than 9/10 teams. Nowhere near the top 6

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we make very unexpected moves in the transfer market we’ll be in or close to the bottom three. By the end of the season I couldn’t see us beating anyone, the slight improvement a new manager made had long gone and we were a shambles. It is going to take a lot to change that and I don’t see that happening.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably top dozen.
Hopefully Jeff and Bruno both want and expect better.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went for lower mid simply because we can't score goals and I don't expect Sa or the defence to be as good as the early part of last season. You also have to say its unlikely Neves replacement will be better - I don't think we will get Nunes so whoever comes in will be a pale imitation of the main man.

But we live in hope, on the positive side a fit Neto and confident MGW should help as will seeing what Chinqiho can do given a good run.

I also think we will take a punt on a couple of sub £5m youngsters and who knows maybe they will find a gem.

If I would have to say I would take 15th right now.

Unless we see some real moves into the top end of the market I don't see us troubling the top ten much.

But until we see where are are at the end of the window it is hard to be sure.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too good to go down looking at the dross that has come up.

But we could sleep walk into some squeaky bum time if we don’t improve the squad this summer.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think anywhere between 8th-15th. I’d like it to be the higher part of that, and I’d like to see us be a bit more positive and attacking. A lot depends on who we bring in, the squad needs a boost of energy.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m genuinely bemused to see a quarter of votes have us in the top half of the table. I hope they’re correct but the way we played in the last third of the season it’s hard to see us finishing above the Scum Six, WH, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton, Palace, Leicester without a big influx of players, of which there is little sign.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m genuinely bemused to see a quarter of votes have us in the top half of the table. I hope they’re correct but the way we played in the last third of the season it’s hard to see us finishing above the Scum Six, WH, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton, Palace, Leicester without a big influx of players, of which there is little sign.
Go to the "Rumours from the pub" thread. You will see we are all Pastor John's faithful flock. Believe!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go to the "Rumours from the pub" thread. You will see we are all Pastor John's faithful flock. Believe!
I do believe. Unfortunately I believe we’re heading for a relegation struggle.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do believe. Unfortunately I believe we’re heading for a relegation struggle.
An equally valid belief and based on exactly the same level of fact as John's more optimistic view. As with all things speculative you takes your choice.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the absolute pie in the sky rumours that John has come out with become true I may go from 100% believing that religion is a load of ****** to 99%
Oh it won't give me any more faith in religion, but might encourage me to buy a lottery ticket, or something similar and there's a lot less harm in looking on the bright side than there is in most organised religion.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's hardly bemusing considering we have finished top half 3 out of 4 seasons and our best player is coming his into his peak and our second best player is coming back from a season out.
There is a hyperbole over who other teams are signing every summer and those teams normally do ****e.
Yes we might finish bottom half, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility and unthinkable that a quarter think we will finish top half.
We finished the previous season badly talking about relegation, then by the following spring we were talking top 4 again. So up and down on here when the reality is we are in the middle.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14-17th never in danger but an absolute atrocious season awaits. Honestly, not looking forward to feeling like I have to watch it out of pure loyalty, last season was a chore and brutal.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14-17th never in danger but an absolute atrocious season awaits. Honestly, not looking forward to feeling like I have to watch it out of pure loyalty, last season was a chore and brutal.
Couldn’t agree more.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably have enough to avoid the bottom 3,but barely as it stands
Going to be a very long season if we dont recruit some quality in the next few weeks

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About 14th 15th with the current squad as it is and flirting with relegation.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have answered with things as they are right now ( relegation battle) It might though be interesting to run the same poll immediately prior to the PL season starting as we all know that one or two top quality additions could be transformative ( well OK - maybe more like four or five!)

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As things stand, definitely a relegation battle.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Between 17th and 15th after mass signings in January to keep us up.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the current squad and manager, relegation battle.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11 points from the final 14 games
Awful football
Gaps in the squad

Nothing being done about any of those.

We'll do well to avoid relegation imho

Exactly what I think Andy. You only have to look at the last couple of months of last season to see where this coming season could go if we dont get the required additions in.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly what I think Andy. You only have to look at the last couple of months of last season to see where this coming season could go if we dont get the required additions in.
I'm not normally a doom and gloomer, I just don't see anything to mitigate the facts I posted

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
13th or above. There’s easily 6 worse teams than us in that division

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
13th or above. There’s easily 6 worse teams than us in that division
B'mouth & Leeds to play the role of Norwich & Watford? S'ton are surely due a poor season. Think Forest & Fulham may surprise a few. Hard pressed to nominate the strongest candidates for seventh and eighth at this stage. I putting my money where my mouth is and betting with my Vile supporting mate - he's upped the ante this season ;)

Back
Top Bottom