Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest thing is that player values have shot up. Very average players are now 30M and to get top quality you have to pay far more. Fosun have told us that their approach will be different and they have backed that up by signing younger players with talent and then naturing them so they become appreciating assets.

Further, our pool of Portuguese players appears to have dried up somewhat. There's only so much talent in Portugal and we have done so well from it that other clubs have woken up and started to take a look. That drives values up.

The other thing is that Nuno is not here and the relationship with a certain agent has undoubtedly changed because of that. When your best mate isn't the manager of a club anymore, you are going to look at things differently.

Fosun are doing fine, despite the frustration we all see that a little more investment could genuinely have seen us finish in the top 6 3 out of 4 seasons. Given what I have seen, I have trust in their process although we may have to take a step back for two or three seasons before we can try again.

Great post but not sure on second paragraph, still think there’s players out there

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon the club are counting on some of the u23s progressing into the first team and becoming established players.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great post but not sure on second paragraph, still think there’s players out there
Agree but it's not as abundant as it was when we started out under Fosun. They have lots of technically good players but as we have seen, handling the physical nature of the Premiership is another thing. We want players ready made to go straight into our team and the reality is that most Portuguese youngsters need time to develop just like their British counterparts.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The state of this thread it's just the SOS with a slightly different shade of paint surely there are more important things in life then wallowing in negativity and believing in anything bad (in June) the window has been opened about week.

Go for a walk or something a bit more strenuous **** me how can be people be so miserable and negative 24/7. Users on here literally get off on negativity and moaning in general it's hilarious TBH . :laughing:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

And Bayern spent 35 million on Sadio Mane. Can only assume that fee didn't need to include millions in sweeteners to assorted agents and family members.
That deal would absolutely unquestionably have involved millions to agents.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That deal would absolutely unquestionably have involved millions to agents.

Yes, perhaps "tens of millions to agents" (and other lucky recipents) is more the ballpark figure to compare with a certain other £35M deal, closer to home

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yes, perhaps "tens of millions to agents" (and other lucky recipents) is more the ballpark figure to compare with a certain other £35M deal, closer to home
Think it was about £8M right? Liverpool paid £22M in agents fees last year.

Next point?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Linked to Vitoria lad again,
For the quote being quoted I'd sign him anyway as a back up

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon the club are counting on some of the u23s progressing into the first team and becoming established players.

Not a bad idea in principle. Problem is of course than even the best U23 prospect (Cundle) wasn't really trusted by Lage last year, and quite frankly while didn't look out of place, didn't look like making the difference we need players at this level to do.
It might come in due time, but you can't reality carry passengers in the PL.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
The state of this thread it's just the SOS with a slightly different shade of paint surely there are more important things in life then wallowing in negativity and believing in anything bad (in June) the window has been opened about week.

Go for a walk or something a bit more strenuous **** me how can be people be so miserable and negative 24/7. Users on here literally get off on negativity and moaning in general it's hilarious TBH . :laughing:
Too many Christopher’s not enough Paulie’s

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying a lack of action? Just coz we can't see it? No twitter nobs are making stuff up?

Let's wait and see.

If they **** it up then have at it with your moaning. But wait until maybe?

Wait till when? The start of the season? "But you can't judge anything until at least 10 matches have been played" . At end of year: "We still have half a season to play, nobody ever got relegated at Xmas". End of the winter window? "But we never go strong in the winter window". End of season: "Well, Fosun were really innovative in not getting us in debt, at least we don't have a bunch of highly paid players desperate to leave, as we embark on our Championship campaign next season". :eek:

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wait till when? The start of the season? "But you can't judge anything until at least 10 matches have been played" . At end of year: "We still have half a season to play, nobody ever got relegated at Xmas". End of the winter window? "But we never go strong in the winter window". End of season: "Well, Fosun were really innovative in not getting us in debt, at least we don't have a bunch of highly paid players desperate to leave, as we embark on our Championship campaign next season". :eek:

3 out of 4 seasons we have finished above the average prediction by Wolves fans made before the season started. After the only season we fell below expectations, we changed manager.

They are facts. 90% of newspaper reports are not. Yet people constantly use the 90% bs to criticise and don't mention the facts that show the opposite trends.

Our owners aren't clueless and are working on many deals - most players not even mentioned. Most players who have been mentioned, are not targets.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we were in a position to do so. It remains to be seen how successful that purchase was. He was always bought with the future in mind. Plenty of time yet for him.

I think it is irrelevant how well he does. That signing has already set us back and hindered our progress. We were seventh two years running and instead of keeping the momentum we decided to get clever and changes plans to the future and neglect the current side. We may not be seventh again for a very long time.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went to some business conference and ‘The Spectator‘ was a category they used for employees that couldnt effect anything but had an opinion on everything.
These guys were considered very problematic as they talked too much and did little , unsettling their colleagues and causing depression in the work force.
A bit like us lot of MMs ?
I wonder if Fosun use that analogy In their analysis. The classic heritage fan.

Last edited:

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I went to some business conference once and ‘The Spectator‘ was a category they used for employees that couldnt effect anything but had an opinion on everything.
These guys were considered problematic as they talked too much and did little , unsettling their colleagues and causing depression in the work force.
A bit like us lot of MMs ?
I wonder if Fosun use that analogy In their analysis.
We aren’t employed by the club, we are customers of the club (that’s how we are treated not as supporters).

The spectators at our club are the transfer team and everyone involved in those ask wolves videos surely ;)

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps I’m clutching at straws but the Vitoria Guimaraes midfielder we were linked with (Andre Almeida) did not feature in their first pre season friendly game against Braga today.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I may be so bold to offer an observation or an analogy.

Foson/Jeff started like the zitty pizza faced kid who somehow managed to land a hottie girlfriend. Having popped the cherry he thought all the supermodels would fall for him but he was wrong. He even thought that lashing cash around would help. It didn’t.

Now he realises he is still that kid but at least he knows what his limitations are. He just won’t say it up front.

So we ****ed up money wise for Fabio and Semedo and Fosun feel a bit burnt. I think uncle Jorge wants in on the South America market and we are going to shop in El Aldi or whatever their equivalents of good value decent quality is over there. I think , once again, it’s a smoke and mirrors operation. I expect us to sign some players but more Chiqunho price than Fabio price, with or without selling assets.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At the moment even bloody Albion are doing more business than us.

****ing heard it all now. More ambitious than us are they? Better project?

First - nobody has a single clue what we are or are not doing. We haven't announced anyone, sure, doesn't mean things are not getting done.

Second - more business doesn't mean better business.

I'd take our recently failed windows over the most recent Villa ones which were looked upon so jealously.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This "wait till the end of the window" narrative has been driven for the last few transfer windows on here with the same conclusions - they have no intentions to inject funds into the club. Jeff has literally said we are sell-to-buy (and have been since after the first transfer window when we came up), so if we can't sell our best players, we aren't going to spend big on new signings either.

If nobody will pay the £50-60m that Neves is deservedly worth, then he'll probably sign a bumper new contract likely with a release clause in a year for a similar fee contingent on us making Europe. I think Lage wants to keep MGW as well, so who are we actually going to sell to raise funds? Traore might raise £10m if we're lucky with a year left on his contract. Cutrone might raise £1-2m. Vinagre went for £8.5m, so that's about all of our budget at the minute and barely covers Moutinho's wages around for another year to start 30+ games at 36 years of age.

If they won't invest out of pocket then we're going to slowly regress every year because we aren't signing players in key positions. No senior centre back signed in 5 years (Ryan Bennett was the last one), still no dynamic central midfielder, still no replacement for Jota's goals. If the solutions to these problems are Toti Gomes, Luke Cundle and Chem Campbell, then we're going to be a lot closer to the drop than we are to Europe next season.

Nivada

Reaction score
This Andre Almedia bloke's highlight video reminds me of Nunes' strangely enough. Think he'd be a good purchase but Fosun can't be allowed to get away with this low cost Portuguese appeasement of windows gone, it would have to be accompanied by other more assured signings.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a bad idea in principle. Problem is of course than even the best U23 prospect (Cundle) wasn't really trusted by Lage last year, and quite frankly while didn't look out of place, didn't look like making the difference we need players at this level to do.
Your last sentence is spot on.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This "wait till the end of the window" narrative has been driven for the last few transfer windows on here with the same conclusions - they have no intentions to inject funds into the club. Jeff has literally said we are sell-to-buy (and have been since after the first transfer window when we came up), so if we can't sell our best players, we aren't going to spend big on new signings either.

If nobody will pay the £50-60m that Neves is deservedly worth, then he'll probably sign a bumper new contract likely with a release clause in a year for a similar fee contingent on us making Europe. I think Lage wants to keep MGW as well, so who are we actually going to sell to raise funds? Traore might raise £10m if we're lucky with a year left on his contract. Cutrone might raise £1-2m. Vinagre went for £8.5m, so that's about all of our budget at the minute and barely covers Moutinho's wages around for another year to start 30+ games at 36 years of age.

If they won't invest out of pocket then we're going to slowly regress every year because we aren't signing players in key positions. No senior centre back signed in 5 years (Ryan Bennett was the last one), still no dynamic central midfielder, still no replacement for Jota's goals. If the solutions to these problems are Toti Gomes, Luke Cundle and Chem Campbell, then we're going to be a lot closer to the drop than we are to Europe next season.

100% agree with this. If we continue operating like we are, it's a one way ticket to the championship if not this coming season, it'll be next. The way the club is operating might work if we had competent people running things, but we don't. Therefore it's only going to go one way.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you seem to be arguing here is that we should blame Fosun for definite impending relegation, before even a ball has been kicked.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Andre Almedia bloke's highlight video reminds me of Nunes' strangely enough. Think he'd be a good purchase but Fosun can't be allowed to get away with this low cost Portuguese appeasement of windows gone, it would have to be accompanied by other more assured signings.

Looks a good player my only worry would be he looks a little lightweight for a midfield role were as Nunes has that bite to his game.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

First - nobody has a single clue what we are or are not doing. We haven't announced anyone, sure, doesn't mean things are not getting done.

I'd take our recently failed windows over the most recent Villa ones which were looked upon so jealously.
Great rant but @reanswolf didn't actually say what you accuse him off did he? He actually posted "At the moment even bloody Albion are doing more business than us", fact, but guess you have a super fan badge to polish.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And given how some on here who watch them regularly we have some great prospects.

We've also in the past criticised the youth set up for failing to produce the quality needed to include at first team level so again we can't criticise this method.... But we will.....

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your last sentence is spot on.
He made no more or less of an impact at that level than MGW ever did prior to his loan at Sheff Utd yet some are screaming for him to be included as the game changer we long for at this level! It just doesn't make sence!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A lot of us have a clue what’s going on.

It’s that we’ve got no money and will not be spending until a player is sold.

So far, it’s bang on.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seeing as we are allowed more subs I quite like the idea of having Tyler Roberts as an option to bring on with 5-10 mins left to run at the opposition.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% agree with this. If we continue operating like we are, it's a one way ticket to the championship if not this coming season, it'll be next. The way the club is operating might work if we had competent people running things, but we don't. Therefore it's only going to go one way.
Actually the last 6 years that Fosun owned us, indicates a high level of professional management competence.

Now not all may be some some fans liking but the club is run with no scandals, no lawsuits, no players mouthing off to the press, no tax or police investigations into financial irregularities.

Back
Top Bottom