Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Botman going to Newcastle. Their owners not afraid to reward loyal fans with a bit of cash spending
Yeah those warm cuddly Saudi’s are just desperate to please the Geordies.

That’s why they’re doing this, sportswashing their love for Tyneside, absolutely no other reason…

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, how do they fix it without a radical overhaul? From day one, Bruno acknowledged we didn’t have enough goals in the team and after one full season he hasn’t been able to resolve the problem with the existing squad.

I don't think they can fix it without a radical overhaul. Core of the team, really. The centre half with more skills than Coady. Centre mid who can get us forward quickly. And a striker who can actually give defences something to worry about, strong on the ground and in the air.

As to whether Bruno can get it working tactically, remains to be seen. No manager could fix our lack of goals, while also not resulting in the leakiest defence too.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Let’s not be silly comparing our sensible ownership model with a nation trying to buy international acceptance despite….

China & Saudi might have similarities, but Fosun & the horrid lot who have plundered the good folk of Newcastle’s allegiance to NUFC are - thankfully- massively different.

While folk on here go mad at every silly rumour - then accuse the club of indifference - I will just wait and happily accept whatever funds OTHER people are willing to put into my club.

Until I can afford to buy it then put hundreds of millions of my own money into it, I’ll just remain quietly, hopefully, in the background.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly, the overall feeling concerning Nunes is that he is looking for one of the really big clubs. What constitutes "big" is ambiguous, but don't think he will be joining. Would love to be proved wrong.

As I’ve said elsewhere, enough with the ‘feelings’

The facts may prove us wrong or right

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don’t actually know why we pulled out this rumoured deal.
If it’s true, then there might be a good reason for it……..being cheap is hardly the reason.

Agree, 17m when he wouldn't come for months and we wouldn't own 100% No thanks.

Some people think football manager was realistic and that they know how it all works.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that Jeff is not very concerned about the last two seasons’ performances and the serious lack of goals. He’s not blind…..and he knows how easy a club can start circling near the drain.
I doubt that Wolves will accept that again so I presume we’ll get players in to help address that.
Are you sure about that? I’m not.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way that Jeff is not very concerned about the last two seasons’ performances and the serious lack of goals. He’s not blind…..and he knows how easy a club can start circling near the drain.
I doubt that Wolves will accept that again so I presume we’ll get players in to help address that.
I think jeff thinks he has cracked it. Fosun have belief in their intellect and think they wont experience relegation. We shall see. I think we are a relegation side that had a great defence for half a season. We were maybe slightly better than burnley but it was close

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think jeff thinks he has cracked it. Fosun have belief in their intellect and think they wont experience relegation. We shall see. I think we are a relegation side that had a great defence for half a season. We were maybe slightly better than burnley but it was close

I think we’re well above relegation, and so far have had nothing like the scrambles we had the prior times we were up. However the gap between near European contenders and relegation battles, is painfully small and shrinking, and sustaining the former while avoiding the latter, is a moving target. If we don’t keep smartly reinvesting and developing, then we will end up back in the EFL.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok, fair question and I don’t know for certain but it’s reasonable to assume that a top 10 PL club won’t be cheap in the transfer market. Clubs, players, agents etc would stop taking your calls.

I also don’t think Wolves are cheap. There a huge difference between being cheap and frugal, prudent, competent and business like.
Maybe we learned a thing or two paying so much for a teenager who'd hardly played any professional games and for a professional who had played 82 games for Barcelona and took a long time to settle here?

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone looking forward to Fabio next season? He has all the right attitude, Atleast in training.

The limited access I have to social media, he seems to be constantly training and bettering himself, even on his holidays.

He has gained a substantial amount of muscle, and will continue to do so.

Genuinely think he’ll do well next season.

I would be but fear Bruno will choose Hwang over Fabio every time.

Its make or break for Silva at Wolves next season I think.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[Newcastle] still have FFP to contend with.
You would like to think so, seems only Fosun are bothered about that tho
Fosun have used FFP to hide behind, rather than acknowledge that they have turned off the tap for altogether different reasons. We haven't been hampered by FFP nearly as much as we are being hampered by Fosun's decision (which they may have been forced into making by Chinese Government policy changes) to make WWFC 'self-sustaining' before we are genuinely cemented as a permanent EPL fixture.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone looking forward to Fabio next season? He has all the right attitude, Atleast in training.

The limited access I have to social media, he seems to be constantly training and bettering himself, even on his holidays.

He has gained a substantial amount of muscle, and will continue to do so.

Genuinely think he’ll do well next season.

The same was said last season. Still think he's 3 or 4 seasons off being a capable striker.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we learned a thing or two paying so much for a teenager who'd hardly played any professional games and for a professional who had played 82 games for Barcelona and took a long time to settle here?

Yes, it looks like the learned that buying players is a very risky business, especially for large fees. So best not buy any more.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paulo Dybala out of Juventus on a free……

“Dybala might have expected to attract more suitors than all of them. He is 28, in the thick of his prime years. He was, for a while, arguably the most gifted player on one of the most successful teams in Europe. He has won Serie A titles and played in the Champions League final. He scored 113 goals in 283 games for Juventus. He is, by any measure, an elite forward. His signature would be a coup.”

“One of the finest players in Italy is available at no cost, and much of Europe has barely blinked.”

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may be awesome but its been said so many times when other clubs spend fortunes (we should be all over that) and turns out wrong!
and sometimes it goes right.

I get the trauma of wolves history shackles us like serfs but the reality is one transfer window where 50-75m spent on improving the squad in turn leading to better performances leading to a more attractive side to join isn't necessarily bad. And it if doesn't work, it isn't 1986 the club isn't going to suddenly go into administration. But if we get relegated, things become FAR MORE concerning in the long run.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Meanwhile Newcastle have a 35m bid accepted for Botman on the back of signing England keeper Nick Pope for 10m

Geordies will be In sufferable this year I fear .
And in Europe next year no fear. :)

L78

Reaction score
At least we are keeping tabs on alot of players which looks good to appease the masses

Back
Top Bottom