Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was posting the rumour as such, because its not to wolves.

More that culeta-car is still available
This guy has 20 followers and registered his account this month. I appreciate that people like to hear rumours from all sorts of sources, but I wish people would use at a least a small modicum of common sense before posting any old tat from social media. I could honestly go onto to Twitter right now, register an account called TransferGuru and post that Wolves are tracking some bloke from Portugal and you can almost guarantee someone would link to it on here.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we left Palhinha to go to Fulham because we were looking at Nunes then that’s absolutely fine.

It only becomes a problem when Fulham sign Palhinha and we DONT manage to get Nunes.

Which is unfortunately what is happening.

Don’t see why people get really angry though.
I might of got angry if I was surprised

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sporting letting palhinha go, due to urgate's emergence

e há um ano João Palhinha era visto como insubstituível no plantel do Sporting, essa realidade mudou substancialmente neste mercado de verão, devido à contratação e afirmação plena de Manuel Ugarte, médio uruguaio de 21 anos, já com estatuto de internacional após as exibições de leão ao peito que convenceram tudo e todos, surpreendendo até o próprio treinador, Rúben Amorim.

and a year ago João Palhinha was seen as irreplaceable in Sporting's squad, this reality has changed substantially in this summer market, due to the hiring and full affirmation of Manuel Ugarte, a 21-year-old Uruguayan midfielder, already with international status after the lion's performances to the chest that convinced everyone and everything, surprising even the coach himself, Rúben Amorim.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I was posting the rumour as such, because its not to wolves.

More that culeta-car is still available
I appreciate that but my point is that it's a bogus account, so this guy probably doesn't know anything. It's not worth sharing because the source is totally untrustworthy

D

Deleted member sbk12944

If any player isn't good enough to earn a place in the team then they shouldn't be in the team regardless of who they are.
What if that team plays a formation of 3 centre midfielders and you only have 3 centre midfielders?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jordao going to rip the world up and be our saviour in CM this year
Brings down average age of squad being only 23, not touted for a loan move from what i have seen, will see in preseason, but imagine him and cundle to vy as an option.

Looked great for familicao, really struggled with injury.

Hope hes fit

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you seen his stats? They are terrible.

And when I think of attributes, I struggle..............

Heading/defending 5/10
Tackling 2/10 (can never get close enough)
Shooting 2/10 (has duck feet)
Running with the ball 1/10 (no chance ever)
Creative passing 2/10 (90% of passes are 2 yards backward)
Shadowing opposition but never getting close enough to tackle 10/10 (this is what he primarily does)

Is shadowing really enough?
Nice stats. Source? Your imagination?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Sepúlveda been on Sky just, was asked about Nunes to Wolves.

Said Nunes initially didn't even want to hear from Wolves as had no interest whatsoever in joining. Eventually agreed to listen to proposal made but no agreement was reached. Player waiting for other options later in the window.

The journalists opinion was that he could not see Nunes going to Wolves as feels he suits a much 'bigger project'.

Without saying it in as many words he made it sound like we have absolutely no chance.

One interesting bit was on Palhinha though. Said Fulham have it all agreed with Sporting CP and it's simply down to the player saying yes, with Fulham constantly pushing him to sign now.

Unlike reports on Twitter he didn't make it sound it's inevitable Palhinha says yes, instead saying we will find out his decision in a week or two.

No mention of Wolves but my interpretation was that the journalist was indicating Palhinha is still holding out for another club and will give it as long as possible to see if something comes up.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Said Nunes initially didn't even want to hear from Wolves as had no interest whatsoever in joining. Eventually agreed to listen to proposal made but no agreement was reached. Player waiting for other options later in the window.

The journalists opinion was that he could not see Nunes going to Wolves as feels he suits a much 'bigger project'.

Without saying it in as many words he made it sound like we have absolutely no chance.

One interesting bit was on Palhinha though. Said Fulham have it all agreed with Sporting CP and it's simply down to the player saying yes, with Fulham constantly pushing him to sign now.

Unlike reports on Twitter he didn't make it sound it's inevitable Palhinha says yes, instead saying we will find out his decision in a week or two.

No mention of Wolves but my interpretation was that the journalist was indicating Palhinha is still holding out for another club and will give it as long as possible to see if something comes up.
Sounds like us and Fulham are second choice for our first choice options. Bit of hope on both players though

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nunes should want and deserves CL football its a massive ask for him to come wolves, we would have to get europe next year for the outlay we would pay him its a lot of ifs.

Now if you sell neves its even more unlikely he comes, as i think ruben and moutinho are our biggest draws in terms of players.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like us and Fulham are second choice for our first choice options. Bit of hope on both players though
I don’t know. I suspect we may be first choice for Palhinha but haven’t made a formal bid yet because we see him as replacing Neves and his future remains uncertain.

Maybe that’s what you meant!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if it’s not their fault? Did they even want him?
Three years of links and longstanding interest, be quite useful if lage was given a conference, and to just stop the **** said something along the lines of. He was one of our targets but we no longer want to pursue him,

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know. I suspect we may be first choice for Palhinha but haven’t made a formal bid yet because we see him as replacing Neves and his future remains uncertain.

Maybe that’s what you meant!
Yeah that's what I meant, Fulham's first choice is Palhinha but he's waiting to see what happens with us. Our first choice is Nunes but he's waiting to see if a Man City etc comes in

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t see the big deal.

In Manchester United’s case they are a giant of world football and at that end of the scale with an income like their’s, one should expect them to be challenging for league titles and cups year upon year. So the criticism and discontent coming from their fan base is warranted.

I think many put too much weight into what is said by the club at any one point. Initially it had been “We want to be a top 6 club.” Last summer it was Jeff saying “Trust us.”

The current quote which has been recited ad nauseam is “Bruno said he wanted all incomings sorted before pre-season starts.”

It reminds me of when my partner and I have a disagreement and she fixates on the one minor related detail I have mentioned in the past that then becomes the crux of her argument.

Is there really something so deplorable about stating we want to achieve stability and grow revenue as a minimum?
No but there are credibility issues based on the multiple inconsistencies from Jeff and also between Jeff and others. It’s almost as if they don’t know what they’re doing. ‘Trust us’ says Jeff. Not a hope mate.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from what i gather, palhinha is back off holiday this weekend. So we will know more next week and we could move on from that sage. I dont think Nunes is back until the following weekend

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One almost feel sorry for our club's transfer strategy, Wolves name do not feature any more in sections in the media dealing with transfers.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Cheers for the update. No surprise with Nunes or Palhinha - sounds like both us and Fulham are very much failsafe cases.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Crooks @ TalkSport just reported it was "Shi who pulled out of the Enzo deal." His exact words. He usually fairly reliable.
I want his head !

nah im joking but i understand pulling out the deal if we have to wait till january, if by the sounds of it we have no funds.

If we have money i would have took the punt i really would have. He could be worth far more in 2 years time

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

not really, hobbs lined it up - river plate encouraged us to go there and discuss (to push benfica) - and we backed off when they said they wanted £18m but to retain 25% of his rights

trouble is jeff, we need to sign someone at some point. i'm very pro the club but we do seem to need some football trading nous if mendes' influence is receding

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alex Crooks @ TalkSport just reported it was "Shi who pulled out of the Enzo deal." His exact words. He usually fairly reliable.
Probably because he wanted to stay where he was and come in January. We also couldn't agree to the rights retention.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not really, hobbs lined it up - river plate encouraged us to go there and discuss (to push benfica) - and we backed off when they said they wanted £18m but to retain 25% of his rights

trouble is jeff, we need to sign someone at some point. i'm very pro the club but we do seem to need some football trading nous if mendes' influence is receding
Sorry but if that isn't nous, what is?

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Benfica have signed him for €10m euros plus €8m euros in add on’s, the 25% remains but it wasn’t £18m pounds plus 25% sell on. Why not Just match the Benfica offer which is way less.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but if that isn't nous, what is?

what is? the enzo deal being ended?

because avoiding being held to ransom is fine, but this is our head scout in argentina. so i doubt it's happening multiple times and we've got multiple options

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to reiterate something i said earlier, for someone we were linked to

"#Fenerbahce is getting ready to make one last attempt for Gabriel Barbosa, its number 1 target in the transfer. The management is ready to spend all of the revenue from the defender sale for #Gabigol."

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Probably because he wanted to stay where he was and come in January. We also couldn't agree to the rights retention.
Yip. That's my reading of it. There was a general pessimistic tone i.e. wolves aint got a pot to pee in (even less so if a lumpy sum for Ruben doesn't materialise).

Back
Top Bottom