Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No because that's not a stable investment. However, I think they'd be very happy with say 13th every season with minimal spend. That's the vibe you get at the moment anyway.
You may well be right yes. But I don't think that's a stable investment either. Aiming for 13th in this division risks relegation, and if that's their aim every season, it will happen sooner or later.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think Neves would be so much better and more creative with Palhinha in midfield.

I don’t understand why he is being perceived as a direct replacement for Neves? They are very different midfielders.

They are different players, but the role intended for both is the same. It seems we, and other clubs, view Neves as a very good defensive central midfielder. Palhinha likewise, albeit with a slightly different skill set.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting piece in the Athletic today, talking about what has gone wrong at Manchester United. Here's a quote. Wolves fans may see similarities...

It was during one of Manchester United’s quarterly conference calls with investors in 2018 when Ed Woodward, the club’s former executive vice-chairman, uttered the phrase he was never able to shake off.

“Playing performance doesn’t really have a meaningful impact on what we can do on the commercial side of the business,” Woodward said.

To many United fans, those words summed up everything that had gone wrong at their club: achieving success on the pitch was no longer deemed to be a priority. It was about maximising revenue through multiple sponsorships across the globe.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles and Sanderson are bang average.

MGW is just about average.

We have fell that far in the space of just a couple years, and are that desperate for a signing, we are making championship cloggers out to be world beaters.

For the love of god Jeff get your moth covered ****ing chequebook out ffs as people are losing their ****ing minds. Me included.
Consider this a "like"

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where is our white knight - Mendes ?
Has he become our Don Quixote ?
This
If we’re trying to run a sell to buy model without Mendes offering some hidden gems along the way think we will at best turn into a Brighton or Crystal Palace type club and need to rely on very astute player recruitment from our own recruitment team - which I’m not sure we currently
have.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This
If we’re trying to run a sell to buy model without Mendes offering some hidden gems along the way think we will at best turn into a Brighton or Crystal Palace type club and need to rely on very astute player recruitment from our own recruitment team - which I’m not sure we currently
have.
Brighton finished above us and Crystal Palace 2 places below so we already are that type of club.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This
have.
Being known as a club which needs to sell to buy weakens the negotiating position, I’d have thought.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically if that bunch of clowns had sorted the recruitment this summer we would be but the reality is if we don’t get that quality defender and the cm reinforcements plus the “revamp/refresh” which looks like again they’ve lied to us about then we will have to play 5 again at the back as the current personnel can’t play with 4 at the back.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a panicky type but i have to admit i'll be extremely concerned if we havent got a couple of players sorted by Tuesday. I know you will get all the people saying how hard it is to seal deals blah blah blah but i feel we should be on the ball a lot more. Hopefully i get proved wrong.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a panicky type but i have to admit i'll be extremely concerned if we havent got a couple of players sorted by Tuesday. I know you will get all the people saying how hard it is to seal deals blah blah blah but i feel we should be on the ball a lot more. Hopefully i get proved wrong.
July 1st (happens to be my birthday) there is going to be like 3 signings haha all frees and randomers.

i jest but i hope to see at least 1 signing by then

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't understand why we aren't in for Eriksen. Man U now interested.

Why would we? He'll either want to stay at Brentford or go to Utd.

And given how many of our fans think it's embarrassing as a club to go for someone when you're not 100% sure they'll sign for us, it's probably a good thing we're not!

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I want the ones who never criticize to be able to come on and absolutely slate the people who question FOSUN, Jeff and the recruitment etc (I include myself in that group) in the next week or so. I’d love it, I mean really dig into the people who question anything. The issue being for that to happen would mean Jeff doing some really good transfer business so the ones questioning stuff will be happy to be wrong. I want to be proved wrong I really really hope I am it’s just the last few years show a different pattern transfer wise.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

July 1st (happens to be my birthday) there is going to be like 3 signings haha all frees and randomers.

i jest but i hope to see at least 1 signing by then
On July 1st one player will definitely be announced

Hwang Hee Chan
Happy birthday

Last edited by a moderator:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Mendes trying to broker a deal with Barca for Nunes,but dependent on De Jong moving to Man Utd first
Rumour out of marca

Manchester United have increased their bid for 25-year-old Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong from a fixed 60m euros (£51.5m) to 65m euros (£55.8m), but the Spanish club want a minimum of 75m euros (£64.4m) for the Dutch international. (Marca)

I guess if nunes goes barca, we have the chance to pick up nico and others if mendes (tells us , to let them have him). Not like nunes would choose wolves over barca anyway

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah this is the stage I'm at...

Still think we will get players in (we just have to don't we?!) but getting concerned just how long it is taking us tbh not to sign even one player yet when we need to strenthen key areas of the side is my main worry. Plus you also have Moutinho who has yet to sign an extension.

The club knew about needing more options I mean Lage himself said it over the season constantly just feel the club should have had plans in place when the season finished maybe they have who knows but looking in from the outside it isn't a good (AT THE MOMENT).

Back
Top Bottom