Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You just know that come the first day of the season we will have the timeless pleasure of seeing dendonkers chicken run chasing shadows around before skying a sitter over the bar from 6 yards. The thrill of seeing some sideways and backwards moutinho magic as we have no forward options. The joy of Hwang running down the wing before either falling over or seeing the ball bounce off his knee. You just know.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Neves better than Nunes?
It's hard to compare as they play different positions, but I think Nunes position is a lot more valuable and he's bossed Champions League games so I'd prefer him

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very hard to take any positives out of the last 3 years. We never heard of any targets till they signed pre 1st year pl return. Now there are leaks all over the place which makes me think the club are just doing this again for the 3rd year running to make them look like they are trying when in fact they are ****!!!!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Backed up by bolla and Giles it may seem followed by Lembiska and Bueno which I don’t mind tbf
Dont mind the idea of Bolla/bueno lembikisa, think giles (sadly) will get moved on.

Sa, Sarkic
Jonny, Coady, Boly, Toti, Ran
Moutinho, Neves(dendoncker)
Neto, Podence (MGW)
Raul

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll sign some rando 17 year old from Belenenses to keep us quiet soon, and then that'll be it, despite plenty of rumours also designed to placate. Then right near the end of the window, we'll sell Traore and Neves. Jeff and Scott, pain etched all over their faces, will insist we tried to sign players but the market and prevailing economic conditions were just too tough. We HAD to sell Neves and Traore, not for the money, but they had gentleman's agreements to go this window. And the transfers happened too late for us to reinvest the money. Finally, Bruno is trotted out to say he's happy with the squad and generally prefers a small squad anyways. And our journey to relegation fodder is complete.

You can smell the stink of mediocrity and stagnation at Wolves a mile off right now. It's a familiar scent, but we all recognise it, as it hung over Molineux for nearly 20 years under Moxey.

Right I'm off to go and tell some kids they're adopted and Santa doesn't exist.

Atleast we can't sign Hwnag to keep us quiet. As we already did that in January to keep us quiet from moaning about the Adama deal

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very hard to take any positives out of the last 3 years. We never heard of any targets till they signed pre 1st year pl return. Now there are leaks all over the place which makes me think the club are just doing this again for the 3rd year running to make them look like they are trying when in fact they are ****!!!!
How do you know they’re leaks. Isn’t it more likely someone has started a rumour and you and many others have swallowed it, like a gospel from Jesus!

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can we keep this thread positive please. If you are angry, upset, worried or anxious, please take it to a place far far away.
BBC radio WMs football phone in isn't far away and I love a good loff.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
There aren’t enough goals throughout the team as a whole whether that is tactics or players maybe a bit of both.The team needs at least 1 new CM and a new CB possibly another striker surely that is not asking for too much.There are players that can sold Traore,Sanderson,Dendoncker and Giles for instance

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know they’re leaks. Isn’t it more likely someone has started a rumour and you and many others have swallowed it, like a gospel from Jesus!
Be surprised if some of the journalists from south america, arent reporting the truth ie wolves. Who knows, but they then reported Benfica interest and signing. Meh, i do wonder if the guys at wolves are looking at the news from places and thinking we dont look great here.

It appears we have no funds and no pull.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Be surprised if some of the journalists from south america, arent reporting the truth ie wolves. Who knows, but they then reported Benfica interest and signing. Meh, i do wonder if the guys at wolves are looking at the news from places and thinking we dont look great here.

Why would you say no funds when we have been linked with nunes and then Enzo and it was allegedly reported we were going to pay the transfer fee but he wants to stay while we want him now.

We have some I guess, things just haven’t come off so far, it’s hard to compete against champions league clubs even if we can offer more money in some cases

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus would be a good shout for DOF

To be fair you have to admit that it’s been poor again so far from the hierarchy with Bruno wanting more in before the start of the tx window.

The only hope is we have 4 people exited so far and surely they wouldn’t be letting kjh etc leave with out being confident they have incomings. Our squad was to small last year and with 4 more gone it’s very poor.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put our squad needs and fan 'demands' aside, I just don't understand the point of us to Fosun if they can't / don't trade players. That's the whole point isn't it? Forget e-sports etc, player trading with Jorge was always where the money is.

We've become like Burnley. An under-invested,stale club where you see the same players trotting out year after year after year. Players age or run down contracts and then are worth a whole lot less.

What is the point?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you say no funds when we have been linked with nunes and then Enzo and it was allegedly reported we were going to pay the transfer fee but he wants to stay while we want him now.
Linked doesn’t mean signed

“Window shopping wanderers”m

Also surely it god we haven’t let another tx window arrive without doing 0 due diligence on whether these guys actually want to come to us or not. It makes **** reading and pr from the clubs point of view when for a 5th window they seem to be bottling it again

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m pretty sure they do look at the news and think ‘this doesn’t look good’ but that’s not to say they’re not legitimately trying. It’s also fair that most of the rumours aren’t true. So until we know something is solid, it’s a pretty fool hardy task judging the club on nothing more than farts in the wind.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why no funds? - we could have triggered enzo's release clause.
Agreement in principle or preparation to bid for nunes.
Agreement in principle or prepartion to bid for palhinha.

As always over the last 3 years, signings come out of the blue. But when we make a concrete bid like we did for semedo romano etc got a hold of it very quickly.

We arent bidding for players just talking it appears. (thats my last negative post) ill go back to positive

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I agree that our recent recruitment strategy has been... we'll, pathetic, and that the project is as dead as the Kennedys, I think that it might be a little early to give up and buy a season ticket at Walsall.

On the plus side, we still have some good exciting young players. Chiquinho, Ait Nouri, Neto, and Neves isn't exactly in his prime yet.

We also have a few players that could raise a decent transfer fee... if only we could find a home for them.

My point is, if we could target the right players, young and hungry, those that would be keen to join a Premier league side and fight for a place as opposed to those that think they could do better and demand european football, then we would do a lot better.

The standard of portugese football is very good and there is a production line of talent. We offer a safe, high profile, home for young lads that want to develop further.

So Sellars, please, forget Brazilian ego maniacs and Argentinian superstars. Go get Andre Almeida, Paulo Bernardo and Goncalo Ramos.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The state of this. Is it any wonder @bod101 and I lose patience?
Its not compulsary to post on the thread.
If there's a transfer story/link, great discuss it, but there are other threads for all the rest of the stuff. Don't put it on here.
I have no idea what I can post where anymore to be honest. It's becoming a joke, why not leave people to discuss what they want. As long as it's not abusive or illegal. We are all adults discussing wolves related topics.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica send decorated club legend Luisao (remember him?!) to negotiate deals and impress upon players.

We send a bloke who isn't even in the first ten Matthew Hobbs' when you search on LinkedIn.
What's Mel Eves up to?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Put our squad needs and fan 'demands' aside, I just don't understand the point of us to Fosun if they can't / don't trade players. That's the whole point isn't it? Forget e-sports etc, player trading with Jorge was always where the money is.

We've become like Burnley. An under-invested,stale club where you see the same players trotting out year after year after year. Players age or run down contracts and then are worth a whole lot less.

What is the point?
I mean they want to trade Neves but the market isn't there for him at the moment. He isn't a player the top, top clubs are tripping over themselves for

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Atleast we can't sign Hwnag to keep us quiet. As we already did that in January to keep us quiet from moaning about the Adama deal
Technically not until July 1st so that bull**** can be rolled out then.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There aren’t enough goals throughout the team as a whole whether that is tactics or players maybe a bit of both.The team needs at least 1 new CM and a new CB possibly another striker surely that is not asking for too much.There are players that can sold Traore,Sanderson,Dendoncker and Giles for instance

I think we lack goals as a team because we need to player more structured and defensive to hide some of the limitations of our defenders. Boly looks like he can't run anymore, Coady 1v1 gets bullied by everyone, Saiss can be drawn out of position very easily and loses players in the box and Toti rash and all over the place. Plus our midfield is slow and can't cover ground, especially when they're out numbered every game.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With Barca interested in Bernardo Silva, I believe they’d replace him with Nunes.
Can see this happening, unfortunately.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
from Record PT

In parallel with Matheus Nunes, Sporting's midfield will suffer another loss, as SAD has already reached an agreement for the sale of Palhinha to Fulham, as our newspaper said on 16 June. In this sense, Record knows that the Portuguese international himself has already spoken with the coach of the Cottagers, the Portuguese Marco Silva. The contact was naturally made at a distance, not least because the 26-year-old midfielder is on vacation in the Maldives, however it represents a step that brings the transfer closer to completion.

And then on Nunes

Matheus Nunes continues to be the most coveted asset in the Lions squad. Wolverhampton presents itself as the most likely destination for the Portuguese international – as Record said on 17 June –, but there are more clubs on the lookout. In fact, the name of the midfielder has already been mentioned in a meeting between Jorge Mendes and the direction of Barcelona that is studying the reinforcement of the squad.

I guess still some positives in there

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, would it really be such a bad thing to have a free-for-all thread going? It's hot, and nothing's happening, and people are bored and fed up. Have a transfer thread, specifically for transfers, and boot anyone who clogs it with arguments and backbiting and state-of-play posts, sure... but have a catch-all state-of-play thread in the first place, and everyone might just migrate there naturally.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, there’s no reason why we can’t be going for the same sort of players they are.

There’s also absolutely no disgrace in a player from South America deciding to go to Portugal which is a well trodden path either, as long as it’s simply down to his preference and not us not doing enough to make the transfer happen.

Both of those things can be true at the same time.
If I were a South American player I'd choose any of Portugal's big three over Wolves unless the wages on offer were too good to turn down.

I'd pick any Southern European club offering European football over any mid table PL club.

Benfica are still a giant of a football club, known the World over. Wolves have some way to go before we eclipse the likes of them and the likes of Marseille, Sevilla, Villarreal and Fiorentina.

Literally the only thing we can offer that those clubs can't is money. The stark reality is foreign players don't come to England to play in the PL, they come for the money.

Yeah, when players sign they always reel out the old line "I've always dreamed of playing in the PL since watching it on TV as a kid" but they say it wherever they go... "Watched La Liga when I was growing up", "Bundesliga is massive in Ghana", "Serie A is huge in Argentina", "Ligue 1 is the first European league I watched in Senegal" blah blah blah.

These players are interested in money, continental competition and trophies.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As others have said, would it really be such a bad thing to have a free-for-all thread going? It's hot, and nothing's happening, and people are bored and fed up. Have a transfer thread, specifically for transfers, and boot anyone who clogs it with arguments and backbiting and state-of-play posts, sure... but have a catch-all state-of-play thread in the first place, and everyone might just migrate there naturally.
Create one.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive opened a Missed Opportunies thread where that can happen if thats what you want

Back
Top Bottom