Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad it looks like we have missed the boat on him, but there is no way we have sent somebody to South America for just one player.

Hopefully Charly Alcaraz, Pedrinho, Guilherme Arana & Gabigol

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a sporting director

It’s clear Bruno has no say, and that shi ultimately decides - but who is trying to make these signings.

IF that runour abouts Hobbs is true, which I don’t believe it is - why is a scout being sent to do transfer business . His job is to spot a good player surely; not convince them to sign.

If neves stays, then nunes in CM would be fantastic - and provided we sign a CB and move to a back 4, things could look promising.

It’s on a knife edge at the moment though, and I don’t anticipate nunes to sign or a CB to sign good enough to change to a back 4

WhAt we have learnt; again - is no one , either on here or a journalist has a clue about wolves transfer business.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
We’re disappointingly down the food chain aren’t we. We’re meant to be able to buy from the top Portuguese teams not play second fiddle to them. Seems like we are not attractive and can’t compete….god that’s depressing

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re disappointingly down the food chain aren’t we. We’re meant to be able to buy from the top Portuguese teams not play second fiddle to them. Seems like we are not attractive and can’t compete….god that’s depressing
On the one hand yes, on the other the very idea that we’d be angry or confused at players choosing Benfica or Milan over us would seem ludicrous at any time up until a few years ago.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously not privy to the internal workings at Wolves and its transfer policies and without hearing directly from the club, I can only comment on what I see and hear from different outlets. From that, it appears as though we are a joke and haven't a clue about how to progress transfers. Other clubs seem to get the job done while we just prevaricate. That may change over to coming weeks, but this (so far) and the last few transfer windows have been embarrassing.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least Shi is trying , he did the window before and the one before and so on . Surely if Guo was more hands on he would be Kenny jacketted by now .

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously not privy to the internal workings at Wolves and its transfer policies and without hearing directly from the club, I can only comment on what I see and hear from different outlets. From that, it appears as though we are a joke and haven't a clue about how to progress transfers. Other clubs seem to get the job done while we just prevaricate. That may change over to coming weeks, but this (so far) and the last few transfer windows have been embarrassing.
Oh good, back to the last thread already ...

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And obviously highly embarrassing too for the other 9 Premier League clubs who haven't signed a player yet, particularly Fulham who have severely embarrassed themselves by STILL not getting Palhinha over the line

Or it could be it's just fairly normal for this time of year of course

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And obviously highly embarrassing too for the other 9 Premier League clubs who haven't signed a player yet, particularly Fulham who have severely embarrassed themselves by STILL not getting Palhinha over the line

Or it could be it's just fairly normal for this time of year of course
Not just this transfer window, though. We had similar in January and last summer. In any case, I don't care about the other 9 clubs. I care about Wolves and if the other clubs struggle to get transfers over the line; I'm pleased. I want better for Wolves ,though.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad it looks like we have missed the boat on him, but there is no way we have sent somebody to South America for just one player.
Why? No offence but it isn't 1995, this is a multi-million dollar club owned by a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. I would be disappointed if Jeff Shi didn't have a team of people ready to go negotiate and make things happen with people prepared to fly across Europe, or even to SA and Asia to get things done. You bet the "big clubs" do this.

Sidaway

Reaction score
The problem is, this ****ing self sustainable model. It’s what’s ruining our development as a football team because we’re relying on our players to be sold for big profit to help fund the development of the team.

But it’s not as easy as that as we’ve seen with Ruben so far this window. So now we’re in the position where we have to just accept that the midfield will be no different to the last previous 4 seasons because ‘we need to be self sustainable”. It’s total *******s.

The mindset of the board is all wrong. They’re thinking about the financial structure before thinking about the transfer strategy so it’s basically defining what our strategy should be which is the total wrong way of doing it and could end us in serious serious trouble.

MutchAdo

Reaction score
I just take all of it as hearsay. I'm at an age now where I'll judge signings when we've made them and the performance of the board during the transfer window when it closes. The last few have been pretty dire so my expectations are low, but I'm not going to get hung up on rumours and rehashed rumours that could all be bunkem. Matt Hobbs' name being dropped was a strange one admittedly but beyond the fact he's apparently in South America the rest could very well be pure conjecture.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? No offence but it isn't 1995, this is a multi-million dollar club owned by a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. I would be disappointed if Jeff Shi didn't have a team of people ready to go negotiate and make things happen with people prepared to fly across Europe, or even to SA and Asia to get things done. You bet the "big clubs" do this.

Because we are all about maximising what we do financially. We might be owned by a conglomerate, but we arent at the level Fosun operate in a lot of their other businesses. We are still building ourselves to get to that level. I dont think we are going to send one person from our recruitment team to find out he has no interest in signing for us. We could have quite easily gauged his level of interest and if he was willing to join earlier than is being proposed by speaking to his management. We didnt need to send one person to find that out, you send one person over to negotiate terms if the deal is pheasable. We may have done this, but i doubt it tbh.

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there factual evidence that wolves were not willing to do that or is it just hearsay?
I mean, isn’t everything about potential transfers just hearsay unless it’s a picture of a player holding the shirt with a press release from the club stating the details of the deal?

Even the most reliably sourced rumours are only that, they may have a degree of accuracy but the exact finer details are rarely going to be known for definite unless someone’s seen a picture of the contract on offer.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just this transfer window, though. We had similar in January and last summer. In any case, I don't care about the other 9 clubs. I care about Wolves and if the other clubs struggle to get transfers over the line; I'm pleased. I want better for Wolves ,though.
And the fact you don't care about the other clubs is precisely the reason so many of our fans are overly critical of Jeff and co

We only clock the successes at other clubs not the long running transfer sagas and failures, other fans calling out glaring gaps in their squad etc

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because we are all about maximising what we do financially. We might be owned by a conglomerate, but we arent at the level Fosun operate in a lot of their other businesses. We are still building ourselves to get to that level. I dont think we are going to send one person from our recruitment team to find find out he has no interest in signing for us. We could have quite easily gauged his level of interest and if he was willing to join earlier than is being proposed by speaking to his management. We didnt need to send one person to find that out, you send one person over to negotiate terms if the deal is pheasable. We may have done this, but i doubt it tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hobbs was already due in South America to look at/ talk with other targets anwyay. If he ever went at all!

Situation between Enzo and Benfica seemed to stall so we tried to get in there. Just what we should be doing, no embarrassment or **** up in that at all.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sure we have many many players lined up.
We have a week before preseason gets under way. A lot can happen in a week.
I'm not worried in the slightest.
Jeff and the boys/girls will be hard at work.
Travelling far and wide to secure the signatures of the hottest young talent in the world.
We've got this far from their exemplary stewardship. Let's all look forward to the incomings and not dwell on past disappointments. Have a coffee, walk the dog.
Hug your nearest and dearest. Embrace happiness, no... BE happiness.
Have a blessed day fellow wolves fans.
What a time to be alive.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the fact you don't care about the other clubs is precisely the reason so many of our fans are overly critical of Jeff and co

We only clock the successes at other clubs not the long running transfer sagas and failures, other fans calling out glaring gaps in their squad etc
That's very true and as I said earlier, we (I) can only comment on what I see, read and hear.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This enzo nonsense…..Why are we shopping in Harrods with a bag of lose change and few old buttons. What’s the point of even going for these players from top clubs who have options like Milan and benfica etc? Or is that the tactic so Jeff can make it look like he tried but ultimately failed again.

We have no European football to offer. We have no ‘project’ to sell. We have a useless drip for a manager. We have no style of play. We have our best player in the shop window. We have hardly any first team players. We have an old ageing stadium. We are a club most foreigners (probably) have never have heard of. We are located in the former industrial heartlands not some vibrant trendy cosmopolitan metropolis.

When you can only afford to shop in Lidl. Shop in ****ing Lidl. There are some bargains to be found for sure. Don’t waste you time on a trip to Knightsbridge to ask the shop assistant if they will sell you a Tiffany tiara and matching diamond necklace for three pounds ****ing fifty cos you want it for your daughters school disco run by DJ Dave down the local WMC.

Sidaway

Reaction score
I'm sure we have many many players lined up.
We have a week before preseason gets under way. A lot can happen in a week.
I'm not worried in the slightest.
Jeff and the boys/girls will be hard at work.
Travelling far and wide to secure the signatures of the hottest young talent in the world.
We've got this far from their exemplary stewardship. Let's all look forward to the incomings and not dwell on past disappointments. Have a coffee, walk the dog.
Hug your nearest and dearest. Embrace happiness, no... BE happiness.
Have a blessed day fellow wolves fans.
What a time to be alive.
You can tell who’s been on the wake & bake this morning.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there factual evidence that wolves were not willing to do that or is it just hearsay?
I guess there’s very rarely any ever factual evidence as to why we missed out on a target but the reporters that were saying were interested have said that we weren't willing to wait.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This enzo nonsense…..Why are we shopping in Harrods with a bag of lose change and few old buttons. What’s the point of even going for these players from top clubs who have options like Milan and benfica etc? Or is that the tactic so Jeff can make it look like he tried but ultimately failed again.

We have no European football to offer. We have no ‘project’ to sell. We have a useless drip for a manager. We have no style of play. We have our best player in the shop window. We have hardly any first team players. We have an old ageing stadium. We are a club most foreigners (probably) have never have heard of. We are located in the former industrial heartlands not some vibrant trendy cosmopolitan metropolis.

When you can only afford to shop in Lidl. Shop in ****ing Lidl. There are some bargains to be found for sure. Don’t waste you time on a trip to Knightsbridge to ask the shop assistant if they will sell you a Tiffany tiara and matching diamond necklace for three pounds ****ing fifty cos you want it for your daughters school disco run by DJ Dave down the local WMC.
I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t be challenging Benfica. Ok they can offer European football but we can offer bigger wages and a chance to play in the biggest league in the world.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes people need a thread to vent their frustration, at lack of transfers, direction of the club, cost of living...... It's good to talk.

Think we'll get 3 players in, 1 will be quality, the other 2 squad players, but think we really need 3 players to go straight into the 1st 11, after seeing last year's mess.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

The only bit I disagree with is about Bruno I think with the correct players he could be excellent, the rest imo is spot on though.

Back
Top Bottom