Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The system simply has to change to accommodate Neto, Mgw, podence, Jimenez

Let’s start supporting our decent attacking players rather than protecting our poor defensive players
I'm not sure we'd win any more games (though a decent window might fix that - live in hope!) but I'd take that if I found that I was being entertained, which is what the sport is all about. We lost the first three games last season but it was entertaining, attacking football for the most part. I enjoyed it. For a lot of the time after that, it felt like we had seven at the back, not five.
As my user name implies, I am not a season ticket holder, but if I was, I'd expect more for my hard-earned cash than was served up for a lot of last season. Hats off to you all.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t care, we need creators
Personally, I don't think we create more as a team when he plays.
We usually end up with less chances, but podence being the centre of everything good that happens. It's not like we're banging in goals 10 a penny as a result of him playing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Personally, I don't think we create more as a team when he plays.
We usually end up with less chances, but podence being the centre of everything good that happens. It's not like we're banging in goals 10 a penny as a result of him playing.
Think we scored 2 open play goals without him since Feb or something crazy like that

R

reanswolf

The system simply has to change to accommodate Neto, Mgw, podence, Jimenez

Let’s start supporting our decent attacking players rather than protecting our poor defensive players
Agree.

Good summary.

A change in midfield will dictate whether that is going to happen.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get the rhetoric at all that he’s been treated terribly. He fell victim to Nuno and rigid tactics whereby he just simply couldn’t get a place (he’s neither a proper CM or wide forward how Nuno set us up). Actually think Bruno has treated him brilliantly, had a good look at him in the summer, probably felt like he wasn’t going to feature much and went and had a fantastic season in the championship which ultimately got his name moving about again and back in an England shirt.

Now it’s up to two things really. Does MGW want to fight for a place knowing he again most probably won’t be a starter in the current formation and b) does Bruno rate him enough to change the formation round to pick him. One things for sure, if he does stay he really has to impress in pre season and give Bruno a headache as to how to fit him in.

Personally I hope he stays as despite some of the nonsense written about his ability/personal life there’s definitely a player in there. I’ve said before the trouble is he’s a bit of a Dele Alli for me in that he needs a free role as he’s not a midfielder and not a wide player or CF, more a floating attacking midfielder/10
I agree with most of this.

I do wonder though how Bruno can change the formation when he doesn't know what formation he is going to play and who is going to fit into it? The transfer thread is awash with rumours around the players we might sign, but equally there's no saying that we're going to get them in (even with the much bounded 'get it done before pre-season objective).

If we have tie Neves down and get another midfielder, that would be a good start and give Bruno an idea about where and how he could use MGW. Without that, it's really tricky. If we sell Neves and get 2xMF in pronto, that would help too. Both are unlikely as it looks like another long summer for transfers.

I would give him a starting berth as we know he's a player who likes it at Wolves (he was made up when he scored last season) and that there is real potential there.

I'm also biased as I'm from Stafford and there's nothing like a local lad making it for your team.

He has real talent and it's really up to him how far he wants to go. I hope he does it at Wolves and, like you, don't think he has been treated 'badly' just that he didn't fit at the time. I mean Jota was a sub quite often as was Traore, so would he really expect to start above seasoned pros? You have to prove your worth and keep working, which I think is something he has learned now as he matures a little.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
If we're actually going for the restructuring some expect then we do need to get a move on. If it's Neves and Moutinho out to pay for 2 CDMs playing in front of a back 4,then they are going to need a proper pre-season. Otherwise it's going to be the same again with the possibility of Neves going late in the window for a straight swap (inevitably downgrade). Hopefully it's just taking a bit of time to get all the dominoes lined up!

Reaction score
Seen a screenshot of the updated squad page on the official site which lists Moutinho but not MGW?? Not checked myself mind!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a screenshot of the updated squad page on the official site which lists Moutinho but not MGW?? Not checked myself mind!
Yeah he's not on there.

Assumed it was just the squad that finished last season but Saiss and Marcal aren't there, and we only have one GK.

Andi130

Reaction score
May be to do with the fact we might actually not have a photo of him in a recent kit, for the site. Who knows though!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah he's not on there.

Assumed it was just the squad that finished last season but Saiss and Marcal aren't there, and we only have one GK. Sarkic

wouldnt read to much into it, hoever is on there, but hes gone, just think they removed john/saiss as contracts ran out.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Instead of ‘trying’ to sign the best youngster in Argentina, a Portuguese international for £50m and a Brazil international why don’t we get this lad on a new contract.

It sums up those in charge that they think we can do this when in reality Nottingham Forest are confident they’re going to get MGW.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Instead of ‘trying’ to sign the best youngster in Argentina, a Portuguese international for £50m and a Brazil international why don’t we get this lad on a new contract.

It sums up those in charge that they think we can do this when in reality Nottingham Forest are confident they’re going to get MGW.
You don't know thats not the plan though? You've can't pick and choose what internet rumours you believe! Well, I mean, you can, but it doesn't give the most rounded perspective!

I've changed my mind on him. I would have sold him for 20-25 but I'd rather have a Wolves academy product in our team. Makes me strangely proud

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I want all of them.
Options, competition, cover

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't know thats not the plan though? You've can't pick and choose what internet rumours you believe! Well, I mean, you can, but it doesn't give the most rounded perspective!

I've changed my mind on him. I would have sold him for 20-25 but I'd rather have a Wolves academy product in our team. Makes me strangely proud
I believe it is the plan to keep him.

I’m saying get it done.

Point was, in the world of the Wolves hierarchy we’re after all these great players who would want to join ahead of Milan or other CL sides.

In the real world we’re vulnerable to losing a player we want to keep to Nottingham bloody Forest!!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe it is the plan to keep him.

I’m saying get it done.

Point was, in the world of the Wolves hierarchy we’re after all these great players who would want to join ahead of Milan or other CL sides.

In the real world we’re vulnerable to losing a player we want to keep to Nottingham bloody Forest!!
In what possible way are we vulnerable to losing him to Forest. Like any other contracted player he has to honour it. He can’t force a move. If he’s wearing a forest shirt first game of the season it’s because we have decided to sell him

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In what possible way are we vulnerable to losing him to Forest. Like any other contracted player he has to honour it. He can’t force a move. If he’s wearing a forest shirt first game of the season it’s because we have decided to sell him
We want to keep him. That's been widely reported. So if he joins Forest it's a failure on our behalf.

We wouldn't want him to 'honour' it would we? Would make no sense financially. His value decreases with a year left on his deal, even if he's good.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you were him you'd go to Forest if you wanted to be in the starting 11 guaranteed. At wolves he's behind and podence and neto.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We want to keep him. That's been widely reported. So if he joins Forest it's a failure on our behalf.

We wouldn't want him to 'honour' it would we? Would make no sense financially. His value decreases with a year left on his deal, even if he's good.
That isn’t the point. The point is you said we’re vulnerable to losing him to forest when in reality we aren’t vulnerable to losing him to forest in this window whatsoever.

How do you know we haven’t been negotiating a new contract with him? How do you know his requested terms aren’t ridiculous? You don’t.

Like every single player in the country he has the right to say no to a contract offer but still has to respect the contract he is on.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That isn’t the point. The point is you said we’re vulnerable to losing him to forest when in reality we aren’t vulnerable to losing him to forest in this window whatsoever.

How do you know we haven’t been negotiating a new contract with him? How do you know his requested terms aren’t ridiculous? You don’t.

Like every single player in the country he has the right to say no to a contract offer but still has to respect the contract he is on.
We are vulnerable to losing him if he doesn't sign an extension.

I believe we are negotiating a new contract with him but if he doesn't sign then we may have to sell as his value is unlikely get any higher.

This is all pretty obvious stuff.

If his requests are ridiculous I can't imagine Nottingham Forest will pay it.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are vulnerable to losing him if he doesn't sign an extension.

I believe we are negotiating a new contract with him but if he doesn't sign then we may have to sell as his value is unlikely get any higher.

This is all pretty obvious stuff.

If his requests are ridiculous I can't imagine Nottingham Forest will pay it.
It’s pretty obvious that whatever we offer him he’s unlikely to get at forest.

The only way he goes to forest is if we want him to, therefore we aren’t vulnerable in the slightest, it’s completely in our hands for the next two windows minimum

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s pretty obvious that whatever we offer him he’s unlikely to get at forest.

The only way he goes to forest is if we want him to, therefore we aren’t vulnerable in the slightest, it’s completely in our hands for the next two windows minimum
That is not the only way at all.

He will go if HE wants to. And if he wants to then we need to ask why and it would be a concern. Back to square one.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will go if HE wants to. And if he wants to then we need to ask why and it would be a concern. Back to square one.
In this window? If he wants to sit on his contract for 12 months, play no games and join Forest back in the championship next summer he’s welcome to.

Japan Wulf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

He will go if it's right for both the club and the player. That's the bottom line.
If he wants to go - and there may be circumstances where he would feel inclined to - then it might well be in the club's best interests to let him go, especially with his stock relatively high. I don't want us to keep anyone who wants to be somewhere else.
MGW has just enjoyed a decent season, playing week in, week out. He might feel he has a better chance of repeating that at a club other than Wolves. Then again, he may not. He might want to stay and fight for a place. I've no idea what the guy is thinking but it's his mind to make up. Lots of players move for all kind of reasons. Mane doesn't fancy Liverpool anymore. It happens. I don't see why it necessarily has to be a concern. It's football.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will go if it's right for both the club and the player. That's the bottom line.
If he wants to go - and there may be circumstances where he would feel inclined to - then it might well be in the club's best interests to let him go, especially with his stock relatively high. I don't want us to keep anyone who wants to be somewhere else.
MGW has just enjoyed a decent season, playing week in, week out. He might feel he has a better chance of repeating that at a club other than Wolves. Then again, he may not. He might want to stay and fight for a place. I've no idea what the guy is thinking but it's his mind to make up. Lots of players move for all kind of reasons. Mane doesn't fancy Liverpool anymore. It happens. I don't see why it necessarily has to be a concern. It's football.
Because Mane has won everything at Liverpool and is moving to an equal.

Gibbs-White has done nothing at Wolves and in theory would be making a step down, yet it's one he would want to make?

I firmly believe we want to keep MGW and that we've offered him a new deal. So if he turns that down he is either stupid or has concerns about where we're going and sees Forest as a better option.

On the basis I don't think he is stupid then I would be worried as to why he thinks Forest are a better option to progress his career.

Hopefully he signs anyway, would love him to be a key part of the team for the next few years.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
He may have decided his future lies away from Molineux and/or Bruno isn't the manager for him. Or, equally, he maybe busting a gut to start the season with Wolves. No one really knows. We have become the 'secret squirrel' club in some respects and that not always a bad thing..

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were him you'd go to Forest if you wanted to be in the starting 11 guaranteed. At wolves he's behind and podence and neto.
No one should be in front of, or behind, anyone else at this stage of the season.
We don’t know what formation or tactics Lage will adopt in 22/23, we don’t know who else comes in (or out), what combinations may or may not work or who is in form (or injured) during pre-season. IE, the slate is clean and everyone has an equal chance of making the first 11. End of.
Therefore, every single player (whether an U21, returning loanee or previously a regular), inc MGW, has as much chance of being in the starting 11 as anyone else, and everyone must understand that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Large say they weren't anticipating any offers for RAN this window? but certainly one of the players who is likely to generate serious interest at some point.
He may have done, but rumours Man City interested, so who knows.

If we are truly holding out for 70-100m for Neves, then we can’t be accused of being a club who’s trying to sell at any price.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He shouldn’t be behind podence, should start with Neto imo.
I love the lad, he's ready to step up imo. But I'd put him on a par with (not higher than) Pod at the moment, who for all his rolling round is a very talented and creative player - if he was in the Championship and didn't get bost there would look great. That's high praise for MGW though. Neto at his best is on another planet and frankly too good for us like Neves and peak Raul. Last season after injury though Neto wasn't really at it, not when I saw him at home and on tele anyway.

They'd be a great 3 to have challenging each other.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He may have done, but rumours Man City interested, so who knows.

If we are truly holding out for 70-100m for Neves, then we can’t be accused of being a club who’s trying to sell at any price.
We aren't holding out for anything close to that for Neves, it's pointless too you might as well say we aren't selling because no one is paying that for him

Back
Top Bottom