Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves x 200

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
That’s what I always thought, but as below, they’ve retained him. Crazy. Although, he’s just won another CL starting at his age.

As for would Ruben be interested…,that’s Real Madrid. No such thing as not interested in Real.
You know, 14 european cups, and have contested 25% of the finals since it’s conception. Absolute madness.
Real Madrid are an incredible club, and of course, any player would be interested.
Was thinking of Ruben's interest, if he'd have to settle not being a first team regular, but a squad player often on the bench like Gareth Bale.
Could happen to him, unless he was went there and became the new Luka Modric.
But, I hope he stays at Wolves!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think Madrid's "14 cups" always needs looking at with a little suspicion given the first few were "invitationals" that they set up.

But yeah, obviously could justifiably claim to be the biggest club in the world.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Real Madrid are an incredible club, and of course, any player would be interested.
Was thinking of Ruben's interest, if he'd have to settle not being a first team regular, but a squad player often on the bench like Gareth Bale.
Could happen to him, unless he was went there and became the new Luka Modric.
But, I hope he stays at Wolves!
That’s the thing, the path to starting 11 should be a good one, with Kroos and Modric both ageing. Just seemed to make sense that’s where he’d end up, there’s potentially 2 starters there that he could do a vaguely similar job to.
As to staying, sadly no chance. I’d actually be happy for him to go to Real, as at least that would be a proper career progression, almost guaranteed trophies and late stage Europe.
I’d be genuinely ****ed off with Arsenal or Yanited, because of the heartbreak of watching him play against us, and the fact they’re mikes away from genuinely challenging.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

That’s the thing, the path to starting 11 should be a good one, with Kroos and Modric both ageing. Just seemed to make sense that’s where he’d end up, there’s potentially 2 starters there that he could do a vaguely similar job to.
As to staying, sadly no chance. I’d actually be happy for him to go to Real, as at least that would be a proper career progression, almost guaranteed trophies and late stage Europe.
I’d be genuinely ****ed off with Arsenal or Yanited, because of the heartbreak of watching him play against us, and the fact they’re mikes away from genuinely challenging.
Modric and Neves couldn't be more different players and as I've said they have Camavinga, are looking pole position to sign Tchouameni (for quite a lot more than we are asking for Neves) and still have Kroos & Casemiro + Valverde who also can play in the middle.

If he went there he'd be 5th choice at best.

Kroos and Modric are two of the best CMs to ever play, so probably steady on that Neves could do a similar role until he's proven it.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have thought the latest downbeat and uninspiring interviews with Shi and Sellars will have killed off any hope of keeping Neves. First of all, Wolves are no longer willing to even try and meet his, and other players, European football expectations. It's not part of their narrative anymore. Second, and most importantly, the sale of high value player assets like Neves is needed to adapt the squad.

Quite why we are so downbeat about the whole thing is a mystery. A successful team will mean successful e-sport and other commercial activities. Success breeds success. Doesn't it?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I'd have thought the latest downbeat and uninspiring interviews with Shi and Sellars will have killed off any hope of keeping Neves. First of all, Wolves are no longer willing to even try and meet his, and other players, European football expectations. It's not part of their narrative anymore. Second, and most importantly, the sale of high value player assets like Neves is needed to adapt the squad.

Quite why we are so downbeat about the whole thing is a mystery. A successful team will mean successful e-sport and other commercial activities. Success breeds success. Doesn't it?
You know these players came here to leave right? They came here to join Liverpool, Barca et al

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Just in (possibly appropriately) resurrection, does anyone understand what's happening?

Cards on the table, I'd love to keep Neves, absolutely love it. If we can generate funds from elsewhere, basically anyone else could go if it meant we could keep him.

However a few weeks ago it seemed clear that selling him for around £50m was the gateway to a squad rebuild. In any case he's more than done his duty by us and it was time for him to move on. Plus his contract only has two years left, so his value to us is going to start declining.

Now all of that seems much more in doubt. He obviously loves his place with us, and despite his ambitions may be willing to stay? We might find ways to get enough players in to evolve without losing him. He might sign a new and deservedly enhanced contract.

So are we going to see Neves and a dynamic partner in a 4231 with maybe a new dominant CH. So 2 key signings,which sounds like a great summer to me?

Or is that all *******s and we're just trying to extract the maximum fee for our saviour?

17miles

Reaction score
I think there has been a substantial offer received for RAN that means we don't need to sell Ruben to rebuild.
The first leak about us looking at the Brazilian full back was just prior to the story about an offer being made for RAN.
Just my opinion, could all just be coincidence

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think there has been a substantial offer received for RAN that means we don't need to sell Ruben to rebuild.
The first leak about us looking at the Brazilian full back was just prior to the story about an offer being made for RAN.
Yeah think he is most likely to go now, one of our most saleable assets. Just hope it is easily north of £40M

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a shame if he does. He is likely to be worth much more in a season or two..... But then l don't want Ruben to leave either.....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just in (possibly appropriately) resurrection, does anyone understand what's happening?

Cards on the table, I'd love to keep Neves, absolutely love it. If we can generate funds from elsewhere, basically anyone else could go if it meant we could keep him.

However a few weeks ago it seemed clear that selling him for around £50m was the gateway to a squad rebuild. In any case he's more than done his duty by us and it was time for him to move on. Plus his contract only has two years left, so his value to us is going to start declining.

Now all of that seems much more in doubt. He obviously loves his place with us, and despite his ambitions may be willing to stay? We might find ways to get enough players in to evolve without losing him. He might sign a new and deservedly enhanced contract.

So are we going to see Neves and a dynamic partner in a 4231 with maybe a new dominant CH. So 2 key signings,which sounds like a great summer to me?

Or is that all *******s and we're just trying to extract the maximum fee for our saviour?
It was only rumour he was leaving and, ( as far as I know), it hasn’t been officially confirmed that he’s staying.

What works for me is believe nothing unless it’s confirmed. I don’t get my hopes up anymore….been disappointed to many times but to each his own.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
It was only rumour he was leaving and, ( as far as I know), it hasn’t been officially confirmed that he’s staying.

What works for me is believe nothing unless it’s confirmed. I don’t get my hopes up anymore….been disappointed to many times but to each his own.
Fair enough. As you may have noticed though, it would be pretty quiet on here (in fact completely silent) if we only commmented on things which have been officially confirmed. I'm just trying to tune my ear to the mood music.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves renewing would be the best news of the transfer window. Even with a few people hearing it may happen, I still feel it's unlikely (gut feeling). I can't stress how massive it would be if it happens.

It can't be our only big move of the window though. We need goals and we palpably don't have them in the current squad. A new CB/CM would be nice, but I have visions of saying that at age 86(!). Some offensive upgrades are paramount.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah think he is most likely to go now, one of our most saleable assets. Just hope it is easily north of £40M
Of the two leaving if you consider not just the money they would generate but their impact currently on our team and the relative cost of replacing them then it must be preferred for RAN to be player to go (particularly if the transfer fee is north of £40m). With that kind of money i'd hope we can get a decent replacement for less than half of the money given we have Johnny to play there too and invest the remaining funds in a more dynamic midfielder. I am not sure about the rumours though, I think Guardiolas first choice is Cucurella from Brighton and when City want a player they generally get him, we might be being used as pawn in negotiations. Perhaps Chelsea is a more realistic destination, Chilwell seems to have had a few fitness issues and think they want to upgrade on Alonso.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Of the two leaving if you consider not just the money they would generate but their impact currently on our team and the relative cost of replacing them then it must be preferred for RAN to be player to go (particularly if the transfer fee is north of £40m). With that kind of money i'd hope we can get a decent replacement for less than half of the money given we have Johnny to play there too and invest the remaining funds in a more dynamic midfielder. I am not sure about the rumours though, I think Guardiolas first choice is Cucurella from Brighton and when City want a player they generally get him, we might be being used as pawn in negotiations. Perhaps Chelsea is a more realistic destination, Chilwell seems to have had a few fitness issues and think they want to upgrade on Alonso.
Dunno if I'd agree with the bolded tbh, although you make salient points RE replacement cost and players already in house.

I just think RAN could be an absolute superstar.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Neves renewing would be the best news of the transfer window. Even with a few people hearing it may happen, I still feel it's unlikely (gut feeling). I can't stress how massive it would be if it happens.

It can't be our only big move of the window though. We need goals and we palpably don't have them in the current squad. A new CB/CM would be nice, but I have visions of saying that at age 86(!). Some offensive upgrades are paramount.
Would be epic news but personally I think he is mad to sign anything until he finds out what the team will look like next season.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He’s off to Barca, don’t be fooled.

They sell De Jong and their TV rights and the moves will happen.

Not ITK, just an opinion.
Yeah there is a good chance, suppose it is on Lewandowski getting over the line because he is going to eat a big hole in their finances

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in the minority where I actually want him to go.

We need a different type of midfielder and it seems he would fund it.

Another factor that many overlook is that if he doesn't sign a new contract then we're ****ed moving forward. Bissouma has just gone for £25m with a year left on his deal, so that's the going rate right there.

With money so important to us, selling him for £25m would be devastating.

Admittedly, there have been rumours on here that he would sign an extension and if he does he would become even more of a legend as he's giving us at least another £15m by doing so - as well as another year on the pitch.

But, why would he? He's found out this summer just how hard it is to get a move, so he'll have the same problems next season if he stays with a new deal.

With a year left and available for £25m, he is likely to have his pick of clubs, so I can't grasp why he would sign an extension but would obviously be delighted if he does.

And, if he does stay, where’s the money coming from? It’s going to be a long summer and I fear MGW will be sacrificed to fund a few new signings.

Back
Top Bottom