Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My sympathies are normally more on the happy clapper side of the divide which you have to sign up to in order to post. However let's be fair, nobody actually said that we haven't made a signing for 4 years. It was pretty clear that he meant that we have consistently not strengthened the two areas that are crying out for it. You can pick apart posts all you like to get it to mean something different, but that was obviously the argument.
If you read back that’s actually what was said, that we haven’t made a signing in 4 years. Which of course we have. Had it been worded initially “we haven’t made a signing in 4 years that’s improved us” then it would be a different discussion.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

If you read back that’s actually what was said, that we haven’t made a signing in 4 years. Which of course we have. Had it been worded initially “we haven’t made a signing in 4 years that’s improved us” then it would be a different discussion.
No it wouldn’t as you would argue Semedo and Podence have improved squad depth or something along those lines.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to read all 284 pages again, but the closest I can find recently is the comment "waiting four years is more than long enough". So unless the quote you mention occurred a while back, then no, that wasn't actually what was said.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it wouldn’t as you would argue Semedo and Podence have improved squad depth or something along those lines.
No that would be a discussion on a matter of opinion. There’s no opinion on “we haven’t made a signing in 4 years” as that’s factually incorrect.

Can you tell I work in litigation??

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to read all 284 pages again, but the closest I can find recently is the comment "waiting four years is more than long enough". So unless the quote you mention occurred a while back, then no, that wasn't actually what was said.
It’s been in the last hour

D

Deleted member sbk12944

No that would be a discussion on a matter of opinion. There’s no opinion on “we haven’t made a signing in 4 years” as that’s factually incorrect.

Ah well you would notice I had commented on your last post (11358) not the original you are referring to.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you do mean the post I referred to. Which said that four years was enough to become impatient, in answer to your post that people were desperate for a signing. So you've deliberately interpreted it in such a way that you can make the response you have.
I’ve interpreted nothing. It’s literally how it was worded.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You underestimate people's ability to generate something to moan about.

People who moan about people moaning, are just moaners looking for something to moan about which puts them above some of their moaning brethren.
I am a real happy clapper normally but the CONSTANT whinging about the smallest thing is really bloody annoying and unpleasant. There is nothing wrong with legitimate criticism where justified but there is currently an effort by some to attack every aspect of the club and it is non stop. That is what many on here are frustrated and annoyed by. A legitimate request to tone down the negativity is as justified as legitimate criticism of the club, as opposed to petty moaning or anger about an unsubstantiated rumour which 90% of the time doesn’t come to pass.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems there is a tiny sweet spot when it comes to Wolves signing players who can improve the first team, which is why we seemingly keep missing out and become more reactive as the window progresses. There's no apparent lack of ambition when it comes to the calibre of signings we target, which is why we've been linked with a player that Guardiola described as World Class, and are now linked with one of South America's most exciting prospects.

It's laudable, but are Jeff & Co not completely overestimating their station at this point? We've been asked to reassess our early-day expectations, so should we not ask why such players would come to a provincial post-industrial English city, to play for a middling club that cannot offer them European football - in large part owing to the club's own poor decision making in previous windows? Our trajectory in the past two seasons won't have escaped our would-be new signings. Fosun sold Neves, Jota, Rui etc on "the Project" - as another poster mentioned, Bruno Guimarães mentioned "the Project" as a chief reason to sign for Newcastle. What do we have to offer players of his prowess (please don't say Pork Scratchings or orange chips).

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am a real happy clapper normally but the CONSTANT whinging about the smallest thing is really bloody annoying and unpleasant. There is nothing wrong with legitimate criticism where justified but there is currently an effort by some to attack every aspect of the club and it is non stop. That is what many on here are frustrated and annoyed by. A legitimate request to tone down the negativity is as justified as legitimate criticism of the club, as opposed to petty moaning or anger about an unsubstantiated rumour which 90% of the time doesn’t come to pass.

Well at least all the posters moaning about the moaning are reducing the amount moaning and not exacerbating it then.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do know people can read the same sentence and interpret things completely differently that's why there are lots of sectors/spin offs of the same religion.
The thing is, that's not literally how it was worded and he hasn't admitted he interpreted it. I'm still waiting for the evidence that someone literally worded something "We haven't signed anyone for 4 years".

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see another quote coming close. Have I missed something? Or are you applying a liberal interpretation of the word "literally"?
Well it’s on the transfer thread discussing signings so unless he’s waiting four years for a bus……..

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure our head coach said he wanted players in for when preseason begun, yet absolutely nothing. You wouldn't think we needed a rebuild with the total lack of urgency window after window after window. Those complaining at those complaining, you'll be the ones complaining if we don't strengthen properly (again) and are at the wrong end of the table! No doubt it'll all be Bruno's fault though, nothing to do with Shi and Sellars though who can apparently do no wrong according to some! It's never the club's fault, and the same old tiresome excuses are trotted out.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seems there is a tiny sweet spot when it comes to Wolves signing players who can improve the first team, which is why we seemingly keep missing out and become more reactive as the window progresses. There's no apparent lack of ambition when it comes to the calibre of signings we target, which is why we've been linked with a player that Guardiola described as World Class, and are now linked with one of South America's most exciting prospects.

It's laudable, but are Jeff & Co not completely overestimating their station at this point? We've been asked to reassess our early-day expectations, so should we not ask why such players would come to a provincial post-industrial English city, to play for a middling club that cannot offer them European football - in large part owing to the club's own poor decision making in previous windows? Our trajectory in the past two seasons won't have escaped our would-be new signings. Fosun sold Neves, Jota, Rui etc on "the Project" - as another poster mentioned, Bruno Guimarães mentioned "the Project" as a chief reason to sign for Newcastle. What do we have to offer players of his prowess (please don't say Pork Scratchings or orange chips).

People loved it when Lage said he only wants genuine quality players signed, if that's what we're aiming at, some players are going to say no or take a bit of convincing. As we haven't even got to the first of July yet, it doesn't seem like a reason to change tack and lower our targets, particularly as Jeff, SS and Jorge will have much more knowledge of whether these signings have a genuine chance of coming off, than us.

And Bruno Guimaraes mentioned "the project" for Newcastle because it sounds better than mentioning the bucket fulls of Saudi money!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Hobbs an idiot? Or are the idiots the 'grown adults' labelling him based on *******s posted to twitter?

Who is "Hobbs"? I must have missed his intro as I have never heard of him. And now I can't stop hearing about him.He likes air miles and toblerone. And is probably one of the many useless recruiting staff we have. Though also, it seems Jeff Shi does all that anyway, as well as mowing the pitch. Has anyone actually seen this "Hobbs" suspect and Jeff Shi in the same room together? Is Jeff Shi no longer around because he's spending time in the Toblerone addiction rehab centre? I'm just "putting it out there", we must keep our minds open.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pant wetting doesn't bother me, unfortunately for Jeff our fan base is still mainly British and us British like to moan, it's a national pastime and right.

No one can argue that the club don't exasperate the pant wetting and leave the door wide open for the doom mongers.
not sure that’s accurate……..not the club’s fault that some on here are very impatient or forget that transfers take time.
Its not as if Bruno, Jeff and co. are sitting around watching soap operas and eating pizza.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
You underestimate people's ability to generate something to moan about.

People who moan about people moaning, are just moaners looking for something to moan about which puts them above some of their moaning brethren.
No I really don’t. The lengths that some go to to find something to moan about does not surprise me in the slightest. It’s to be expected frankly.

Maybe you haven’t observed or experienced this situation personally but I’m sure many would have.

There’s a group of mates, and one of them is a bit of a downer, life is a constant drag for him, nothing is good enough. Soon enough everyone in the group begins to grow tired of the cloud of negativity surrounding the one individual and pull him up on his behaviour.

The individual then tries hard but eventually the misery resurfaces and again the group gets fed up. Soon enough no one in the group puts up with it any more and the one is no longer invited to events and slowly is phased out of the group.

In the example it does not make the other members of the group moaners. It’s just there is a limit, only so much they can take before they become fed up and make their own feelings known.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep mentioning Wolverhampton as a potential issue when it comes to attracting players? It's a load of *******s. Where do people think our new signings are going to live? Heath Town? No, they'll live in a similar environment as to players that sign for the Manchester clubs or even Villa for a more comparative example.

It's the project, or lack thereof at the moment, which will make a difference in attracting new players.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Prior to my current job l spent over 10 years working in litigation. I was also involved in drafting legislation previously too. Strangely enough l also take a very black and white view of statements made.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

No I really don’t. The lengths that some go to to find something to moan about does not surprise me in the slightest. It’s to be expected frankly.

Maybe you haven’t observed or experienced this situation personally but I’m sure many would have.

There’s a group of mates, and one of them is a bit of a downer, life is a constant drag for him, nothing is good enough. Soon enough everyone in the group begins to grow tired of the cloud of negativity surrounding the one individual and pull him up on his behaviour.

The individual then tries hard but eventually the misery resurfaces and again the group gets fed up. Soon enough no one in the group puts up with it any more and the one is no longer invited to events and slowly is phased out of the group.

In the example it does not make the other members of the group moaners. It’s just there is a limit, only so much they can take before they become fed up and make their own feelings known.
Bloodyell I know people moan and I’m definitely one ,only on here though and about wolves, really chilled in everyday life. Lets hope you don’t ever have a mate with depression in real life you sound like you would really help.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I think people need to take a look at the way they're posting on here. And the thread generally needs to take a break. Someone start another tomorrow morning, hopefully when you've all calmed down a little.

Basically, take a breather and start afresh tomorrow... preferably minus trolling type comments, moaning for the sake of it, moaning about moaning, targetting posters rather than posts...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom