Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not so sure I buy the turning us down but just yet.
That’s a long way to go to be knocked back and without being semi confident to get it done.
Logistics wise, if he was flying out yesterday and its a 16 hour flight realistically would hobbs have even had chance to speak to the player yet anyway?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True if that happens it happens and we move on. If we want good players there is always going to be competition for them.

And you need to do what you need to do to get them.

It's like Rento Sanches. Even though he wasn't going to be fit till January we should've signed him in the summer anyway. Same with this lad. Take the half a season without him because long term he's worth it.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Cost of the flight is immaterial.

The time ‘the trip’ takes less so in the context of the window. What I’m wondering is who else is Hobbs meeting that isn’t being reported on or leaked. It’s more than likely Enzo is ‘a’ target but based on how close Fosun have kept their cards to their chest Hobbs will be meeting others and wouldn’t be surprised if we have a surprise signing from the trip.

In the event they’re also pulling a classic diversionary tactic, wonder who Uncle Jorge is meeting right now while eyes and focus are in South America?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be a bit dissapointed if we sell MGW tbh to bring in others. We need him alongside them imo, not instead of them.

This, especially for £20m. Type of player that we need.

Wonder if us selling him would have anything to do with that Brazilian attacking midfielder from Ukraine

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it? It's not like I'm making it up. Bruno blamed his lack of application for picking up a muscle injury after the 2 0 loss in the Palace game. We started him when Jonny was available. If I was him I'd want out. After all it's not like he was the only guy who picked up a muscle injury in that time.
Of course if he wants out he must go

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Just pay the release clause offer him a deal no bartering with rivet and loan him back if needed

Personally I quite like the guys commitment to his current club, shows a lot of integrity and that goes a long way, would fit really well into the ‘one pack’ mentality and that’s worth considering when many players believe the hype of their own transfer market ‘valuations’.

Considering his release clause is barely much more than what we paid for Hwang or Cutrone, and what has been forked out in the fees we’ve paid for punts like Trincao, Jose, this deal could/should be seen a similar level of investment.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if rumours are to be believed we are now beginning to widen our net .
This is a great relief having on balance spent too much time looking in Portugal.

Reactions: Ned

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to point we’d have even less of a midfield if we did that. Especially if we’re spending Neves money
Agree but worth it should it be a showstopper.

Also we have allegedly got Nunes coming too.

I don’t think we’ll end up for any of these but hey ho.

Where’s The Egg these days anyway?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't read the Dan Butler recruitment plan that was posted recently on the pub rumours thread - it's an excellent read and is discussed on the Talking Wolves podcast for those that prefer an audio version.

In short, he believes we need a CB, CDM, CM and CF - and has identified a number of options for each position.

The key thing is took away was that there are players that are more likely to accept an offer from Wolves and who are more affordable than the likes if Nunes.

For example, Adel Ahmedhodzic from Malmo, £5m - £10m, one year on contract, home grown as well.

I would like to think our recruitment team can spare some time in between flights to South America to consider players like this.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kid has his head on his shoulders. Good chance River win the Libertadores and he secures more hype and moves to a far bigger club in Milan in January.

Respect that he wants to finish the job with River.

One thing, surely this would have been the first talk.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just pay the release clause offer him a deal no bartering with rivet and loan him back if needed
Totally agree . I suppose though if we are trying to find the pennies down the soda then it might be a little more difficult whilst shi raids the piggy bank to get the funds

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we make the lad an offer he can’t refuse then he won’t refuse it.

As it stands he wants to play for his boyhood club in their version of the CL, he’s only going to abandon this dream if it’s a brilliant offer.

Of course, we don’t know what has happened here but I’d be shocked if Fernandez was the only reason that our chief scout travelled to South America.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From the guy who broke the news yesterday

“The envoy of the English club, Mathew Hobbes, met with the leadership of #River and with those close to #EnzoFernández . The refusal was because the player wants to stay and play the #CopaLibertadores . Now they continue carving the #Benfica , first, and then the #Milan .”

surely a phone call or email could have established this ?! :rolleyes:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, to agree with what other posters have said: we aren’t an attractive prospect to the level of players we need to target to improve… mid table, a ground in huge need of a revamp, boring football for the last few seasons. There are clubs in and around us who would be more attractive proposition for these players.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
I really dont get the issue with the recent tweet… essentially nothing has been agreed yet, as the player wants to finish the season. This was said all along. So we’re still interested and the player hasn’t signed yet. So it’s possible he will sign, but stay on loan perhaps until Jan!?

Last edited:

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, to agree with what other posters have said: we aren’t an attractive prospect to the level of players we need to target to improve… mid table, a ground in huge need of a revamp, boring football for the last few seasons. There are clubs in and around us who would be more attractive proposition for these players.

Maybe it’s overly positive but I would argue we’re a very attractive prospect to some of these players. We’ve been in Europe in the last few seasons, relatively consistent top half finishes, beaten all the big teams bar one in games that would have been televised around the world with a passionate rocking stadium, iconic players like Moutinho and Jimenez. Our stadium can’t be that bad that it’s just been used for England games, and with Jota we’ve proved you can get noticed and make the jump to one of the top tier teams. Plus he’d likely significantly improve his wages and his family’s life by bringing them to England. It’s an absolute no brainer.

I get that people are frustrated and last season was dull, but honestly we have to stop doing ourselves down, especially when we finally show some ambition to try and recruit talented players

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anyone hasn't read the Dan Butler recruitment plan that was posted recently on the pub rumours thread - it's an excellent read and is discussed on the Talking Wolves podcast for those that prefer an audio version.

In short, he believes we need a CB, CDM, CM and CF - and has identified a number of options for each position.

The key thing is took away was that there are players that are more likely to accept an offer from Wolves and who are more affordable than the likes if Nunes.

For example, Adel Ahmedhodzic from Malmo, £5m - £10m, one year on contract, home grown as well.

I would like to think our recruitment team can spare some time in between flights to South America to consider players like this.
No idea on the scouting credentials of this Butler guy but it's extremely short-sighted to think a Premier League club with a team of scouts based at the club and a scouting network throughout the world aren't entirely aware of all of these players, and a few hundred on top

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hypothesis: we've taken the flight for Enzo to put pressure on Nunes deal. We're secretly out there signing someone else.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea on the scouting credentials of this Butler guy but it's extremely short-sighted to think a Premier League club with a team of scouts based at the club and a scouting network throughout the world aren't entirely aware of all of these players, and a few hundred on top
You would think, and yet we failed to get our targets in the last 3-4 windows and results so far in this one haven't been great. Something isn't working. I am not saying we should sack everyone and replace them with Dan Butler, but maybe we should aim a little lower.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it’s overly positive but I would argue we’re a very attractive prospect to some of these players. We’ve been in Europe in the last few seasons, relatively consistent top half finishes, beaten all the big teams bar one in games that would have been televised around the world with a passionate rocking stadium, iconic players like Moutinho and Jimenez. Our stadium can’t be that bad that it’s just been used for England games, and with Jota we’ve proved you can get noticed and make the jump to one of the top tier teams. Plus he’d likely significantly improve his wages and his family’s life by bringing them to England. It’s an absolute no brainer.

I get that people are frustrated and last season was dull, but honestly we have to stop doing ourselves down, especially when we finally show some ambition to try and recruit talented players
I agree with all of the above for players who are seemingly below the level that we are looking at. When you are trying to sign players who have or are playing for teams in European football or are generating interest from those teams, you need something to offer them. It doesn’t look like we offer huge wages so what do we offer that’s different?

It’s a difficult situation but I think we oversell the club we love at times. Take a step back, look at last season’s league table and the sides who finished above and around us - we aren’t any more appealing to players than a lot of those clubs are. Players don’t care about us being a “famous old club” in a “famous old ground” and won’t be watching the pathe news clips of Wolves vs Honved to decide whether or not to join us.

That said, if we sign Nunes please feel free to ignore this post.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not so sure I buy the turning us down but just yet.
That’s a long way to go to be knocked back and without being semi confident to get it done.
It's also possibly a negotiation tactic to get us to offer him more. I've been told no on deals before and turned them around. It's not like consent for sex, you don't have to accept No as an answer. Not saying you'll definitely change their mind, but I also doubt we went in with our best offer upfront.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above for players who are seemingly below the level that we are looking at. When you are trying to sign players who have or are playing for teams in European football or are generating interest from those teams, you need something to offer them. It doesn’t look like we offer huge wages so what do we offer that’s different?

It’s a difficult situation but I think we oversell the club we love at times. Take a step back, look at last season’s league table and the sides who finished above and around us - we aren’t any more appealing to players than a lot of those clubs are. Players don’t care about us being a “famous old club” in a “famous old ground” and won’t be watching the pathe news clips of Wolves vs Honved to decide whether or not to join us.

That said, if we sign Nunes please feel free to ignore this post.
All you can eat pork scratchings

• Haha
Reactions: Ned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom