Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do have an unwritten no ********* policy. I don’t expect us to break that. Cutrone came close. That said, if Gabigol has a point to prove then he may have matured enough. Richarlison is not quite the dick he was for instance. Also, let’s not forget Jota had a side to him at times as does Podence. We have to think a little outside the box on this. If the price is right it could work.
The whole point of a no ******** rule is that it covers everyone.
You want no ********* else they poison everyone.

Richarlison is still a ********,
Jota never was.

You can’t approve of a no ******** rule then be prepared to break it for certain players or prices..

That said I’ve no idea if this chap breaks the rule or not!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole point of a no ******** rule is that it covers everyone.
You want no ********* else they poison everyone.

Richarlison is still a ********,
Jota never was.

You can’t approve of a no ******** rule then be prepared to break it for certain players or prices..

That said I’ve no idea if this chap breaks the rule or not!
There is a difference between big ego and ******** but it’s not a giant leap granted. I don’t know enough about him to say if he is one the other or both.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

As reports suggest we are out there to sign 2 players in South America maybe it’s Pedrinho rather than Gabigol as we were apparently in talks a few months back.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do have an unwritten no ********* policy. I don’t expect us to break that. Cutrone came close. That said, if Gabigol has a point to prove then he may have matured enough. Richarlison is not quite the dick he was for instance. Also, let’s not forget Jota had a side to him at times as does Podence. We have to think a little outside the box on this. If the price is right it could work.
c38b97e44b2f36f3084e266ea9565156.png

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gabigol? Surely Gabriel Batistuta is past it now.
He was Batigol.

Gabi Barbosa is one of those players that could be an ultimate cult hero. You could see him clicking with a club. And I think our club would be a good fit for him. After a few seasons he'd **** on us and join Atletico or something, but we'd forgive him anyway.

Soon as we sing his name, he'll love us.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
while it’s great we’re in for this Enzo kid, it does make me wonder how we sign anyone with Newcastle and Villa, not to mention Greed League 6, probably just thinking they’ll add a zero to the fee / wages and have him instead
It isn't ALL about money though. For a young man coming from half a world away, it's very important that he feels that he's going to be in a supportive environment with people who speak his mother tongue and who are not completely culturally alien to him whilst he finds his feet. By having so many Portuguese and Spanish speakers, we can bridge the cultural gap for a South American player better than Newcastle or Villa with their British management teams I think, and that's not inconsequential.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course they are. And quality ones too. They won't get them all but they will get some. At least they aren't just stuck on one player for the whole window!
What more do people want.....
People just want a defender signed to improve the first-team, for the first time in four years and then a midfielder signed to improve the first-team, for the first time in four years.

It's really that simple.

I'm glad you all love the rumours and supposed intent but I would guess it won't wash with the majority after they played the same trick last year.

Not saying these things will or won't happen this time around, but people want improvements to the team. We shall see what happens...

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was Batigol.

Gabi Barbosa is one of those players that could be an ultimate cult hero. You could see him clicking with a club. And I think our club would be a good fit for him. After a few seasons he'd **** on us and join Atletico or something, but we'd forgive him anyway.

Real Diego Costa vibes about him. I think it'd be a brilliant signing.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was Batigol.

The thing is, this is the sort of player we will need to look at and realistically have a chance of getting as the big clubs wont be looking at a talented individual who has failed at Benfica and in Italy. If he does well at Wolves then we get some great performances and also, potentially get a great price when he gets sold, 25 isnt a bad age.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's about time we had a ******** in the team. Far too nicey nice for my liking.

Whether that's Barbosa (it won't be) or otherwise.
I think the last half decent ****house we had was ndaiye. I remember him grabbing that girl who played for Preston around the neck.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all of these links to top players again like Nunes, Fernandez, Palhinha, Gabigol; I’m starting to wonder what is happening here. Was Jeff having us all on during the ask Wolves video? Has Guo has stepped in and told him to sort it out? Or are all of these links fake/put out by the club to ‘look’ ambitious? I have no idea like everyone else, but if we end up with a midfield of Neves, Nunes and Fernandez, Gabigol up front, a beast in central defence, whilst keeping Traore we are finishing in the top 4. That’s a certainty.
And then you woke up...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is, this is the sort of player we will need to look at and realistically have a chance of getting as the big clubs wont be looking at a talented individual who has failed at Benfica and in Italy. If he does well at Wolves then we get some great performances and also, potentially get a great price when he gets sold, 25 isnt a bad age.

Bruno Fernandes didn't do that great when he left Portugal for Italy, went back to Portugal and became a better player then on to United and had success.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also worth remembering, not everyone grows up in Milton Keynes.

Here's an extract from a piece about Barbosa's upbringing:

Growing up in Montanhão young Gabriel had a football-loving childhood that was nearly marred by recurrent violence in the neighbourhood.

The unrest was sometimes very intense, that chaotic rhythm of close-range gunfire often sent the then little boy and his parents scampering for safety under tables and sofa.

Inevitably these experiences create a certain bravado and character. Genuinely think he'd be a cult hero in no time.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He moved to inter in 2016 for bigish money, not too dissimilar to our fabio. If he is 25 now, that would have made him 19 at the time which is something to take into consideration when benchmarking his previous in europe to what sort of player he could well be now.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Growing up in Montanhão young Gabriel had a football-loving childhood that was nearly marred by recurrent violence in the neighbourhood.

The unrest was sometimes very intense, that chaotic rhythm of close-range gunfire often sent the then little boy and his parents scampering for safety under tables and sofa.

Inevitably these experiences create a certain bravado and character. Genuinely think he'd be a cult hero in no time.
I think he'd either be a hero and a legend or a complete failure. Nothing in between

D

Deleted member drgr12429

People just want a defender signed to improve the first-team, for the first time in four years and then a midfielder signed to improve the first-team, for the first time in four years.

It's really that simple.

I'm glad you all love the rumours and supposed intent but I would guess it won't wash with the majority after they played the same trick last year.

Not saying these things will or won't happen this time around, but people want improvements to the team. We shall see what happens...
I think you'd still be saying that if we'd signed Messi, Mbappe and VVD. :rolleyes:

Thought i'd post this again for you, because it's 100% true.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

We could rent him a gaff in Whitmore reans, he’d feel right at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom