Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In a nutshell, appearances in Copa Libertadores are heavily weighted in the work permit requirements which have been rejigged since Brexit.
Lol beaten to it as I typed my essay. Coulda not bothered some journo did it for me.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think it puts paid to us only putting our eggs in one basket theory. we have confirmation from reputable sources that we are in for 3 players here at least for a problem area.

Coops

Reaction score
How has Brexit made importing non-EU players any easier? Genuine question. I can only see that it has made importing EU players more difficult. Don't all imports now have to meet the points based rules, as opposed to the EU ones having freedom of movement? Is this one of those mythical Brexit benefits, rather than a reality?
Being in the EU meant that we had to abide by European rulings, which meant free travel across EU countries but harder points / visa requirements for non-EU countries.

Now we're not in the EU, it's harder for EU nationals to get into the UK, but actually easier now for non-EU nations to get visa's/work permits.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think it puts paid to us only putting our eggs in one basket theory. we have confirmation from reputable sources that we are in for 3 players here at least for a problem area.
I suppose that depends if the targets are realistic and we pay the money for them and the wages they want . Botman and sanches come to mind from the last window .

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sentimentality aside we need to be ruthless to push to the next level.
Really? I can’t think of any manager or club that’s ‘ruthless’ and has been successful. Sooner or later, players just start to think the manager/MD is a **** - rhymes with stunt
I do get the impression that if the time is right to part ways, Jeff has shown he knows when to pull the trigger but, like me, they see Moutinho still has a lot to offer.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely there's been enough Argentinian players in the premier league now for that not to be an issue. Tevez and Aguero seemed to do OK over here.
And Ossie even back then. From what I have read it has become more of an issue recently in Buenos Aires but best discussed elsewhere.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping for some good news today. Fuming with the travel to work. Train strike means I w had to drive to Birmingham, so the fuel costs, congestion charge, parking and my satnav taking me down a bus gate means I'm basically working today for free. So if we could get a big breakthrough with a transfer it would really make up for it.

****ing hell Dan.That's wat ya call a bad day at the office.:mad:

D

Deleted member drgr12429

For the doom mongers more **** to throw at the club. For us positive ones what's not to like! In for 2 high quality players and Neves might stay. And......... the sun is shining in Wolvo. Happy days!
Of course it might all turn to ****, but let's have a glass half full day. :)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Thats the problem,no journos have ties to the club since Fosun took over
The days of snippets from locals are long gone
Its guesswork and twitter whispers only now,has been for years really
Dont mind that at all, just dont take every rumour as gospel,we usually find out when the ink is dry
Photo I took of Wolves manager Colin Lee being interviewed by Geoff Owen of Club Call with Fozzie from Wolves, and E&S Dave Instone in attendance.
On the Sweden 1999 summer tour, Colin would give team and any transfer news updates, all wired back to Wolverhampton which kept fans in the loop.
Club information didn't seem so secretive back then, so fans had a pretty good idea how events were unfolding when accessing local media outlets.
Image (205).jpg

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being in the EU meant that we had to abide by European rulings, which meant free travel across EU countries but harder points / visa requirements for non-EU countries.

Now we're not in the EU, it's harder for EU nationals to get into the UK, but actually easier now for non-EU nations to get visa's/work permits.
Are you sure about the second point? What has changed to make entry easier for non EU countries? Didn't we always have control of our own visa requirements for non EU nationals? Schengen area have a common visa policy, but UK was never part of that. I think that Brexit has clearly restricted our ability to recruit EU nationals that do not meet points based entry requirements, but can't see that we were ever restricted in our requirements with regards to non EU? Can you point to the regulations before and after Brexit?

Edit:

Sorry I have now read the post and attachment above. It seems that there has been a slight relaxation of requirements since Brexit. It remains the case that we were not prevented from making such a change by EU regulations, just that we reviewed the requirements for everyone when setting our new requirements for EU players that Brexit necessitated.

Last edited:

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? I can’t think of any manager or club that’s ‘ruthless’ and has been successful. Sooner or later, players just start to think the manager/MD is a **** - rhymes with stunt
I do get the impression that if the time is right to part ways, Jeff has shown he knows when to pull the trigger but, like me, they see Moutinho still has a lot to offer.
I certainly think a degree of ruthlessness is essential if a team is to progress. We’ve stagnated and our failure to secure a Euro position from where we were is not only staggering but also reduces our ability to attract the ‘better’ players.

Bruno is fortunate we don’t have a ruthless ambition to be a top 6 or regular European football leadership anymore. They binned Lambert when it was clear the project was in danger before we could even get out of the Championship but after we’ve failed to get European football for the second season running they don’t seem that bothered. This, of course, permeates through the club and ultimately to how we’re perceived in the transfer market.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one is basically a rehash of news coming out of record in portugal.

Then E&S rehashing some posts

Forest make approach for Morgan Gibbs-White

Newly promoted Nottingham Forest have made an offer for Morgan Gibbs-White.
The midfielder, who spent last season at Sheffield United, has returned to Wolves and has been offered a new deal.
However a number of clubs are keen on the England youth star - with Wolves looking for a fee of around £20 million if he is to leave Molineux.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It may be a minor factor, but in the 40th anniversary year of the Falklands War an Argentinian may not want to come to the U.K.
I think argentinians are more worried about their economy with inflation at 60 % and rising.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Photo I took of Wolves manager Colin Lee being interviewed by Geoff Owen of Club Call with Fozzie from Wolves, and E&S Dave Instone in attendance.
On the Sweden 1999 summer tour, Colin would give team and any transfer news updates, all wired back to Wolverhampton which kept fans in the loop.
Club information didn't seem so secretive back then, so fans had a pretty good idea how events were unfolding when accessing local media outlets.
View attachment 28478
Club call almost got me disinherited when the phone bill dropped through the door!

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This one is basically a rehash of news coming out of record in portugal.

Then E&S rehashing some posts

Forest make approach for Morgan Gibbs-White

Newly promoted Nottingham Forest have made an offer for Morgan Gibbs-White.
The midfielder, who spent last season at Sheffield United, has returned to Wolves and has been offered a new deal.
However a number of clubs are keen on the England youth star - with Wolves looking for a fee of around £20 million if he is to leave Molineux.
Not sure what to make of this. Of course, overjoyed if Nunes signs (IF), but perhaps this funded by MGW as opposed to Neves?

Would really like all three in the team next season, but I guess you can't have everything, even at Christmas (or you do and then end up being sick from the sheer gluttony of it all).

I'm not cynical, but I will believe these signings when they are in Asda.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fergie was pretty ruthless and had no issue getting rid of big players who were still in their prime. I remember him getting rid of the likes of Ince, Kanchelskis, Hughes, Staam, Van Nistelrooy, Cole, Beckham and even blokes like Nicky Butt.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is still early days as most players in Europe are still on their holidays and things will not really start moving decisively until July but the speculation is beginning to sound more promising. A little patience will be needed for a while.
Yeah it will be end of next week im guessing before anything concrete is done
International agencies reopen on July 1st, most players back off holidays then, makes sense but who knows?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16 hr flight time at least to Argentina? do you think he flew red eye this morning??

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Not true on the non-EU nations, that was still down to the UK to decide. As someone pointed out further up, the rules for non-EU work permits were relaxed but could have been done at anytime during our membership of the EU. Just a (politically convenient) coincidence it happened around the time of Brexit.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it will be end of next week im guessing before anything concrete is done
International agencies reopen on July 1st, most players back off holidays then, makes sense but who knows?

Transfers from European clubs, Spain, Germany, Italy and Portugal cannot be ratified until July 1st although they can commit to a club before that date if both clubs agree. Haaland's transfer to Man city does not become official until July 1st.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
View attachment 28478

Not a lot to say in those days anyway was there? Corica still ****, Osborne still injured and Branch still under police investigation.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Record saying it's as good as a done deal for Nunez then. I find that hard to believe personally.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SportingCP accepts the formal proposal from #Wolverhampton

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

*in principle they will be for being above the eighth position.

However, the player tends to refuse, preferring to stay in the Champions League.

Everything can change if #SportingCP asks Matheus to accept the proposal, as the player loves the club that gave him his career and wants to do everything to improve it.

If Sporting really needs the money, Matheus will be a #Wolves player

They now add:

#wolves can reach 55M with goals included.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

16 hr flight time at least to Argentina? do you think he flew red eye this morning??
As i said before Fosun will have their own jet surely? If not i'm sure they will hire a private plane to fly there. The players do that sometimes i believe.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

However, the player tends to refuse, preferring to stay in the Champions League.

Everything can change if #SportingCP asks Matheus to accept the proposal, as the player loves the club that gave him his career and wants to do everything to improve it.

Look at the state of that source.

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

5Million per goal seems excessive but if it means we sign someone **** it

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

Sooo its a definite maybe then lol

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Not a lot to say in those days anyway was there? Corica still ****, Osborne still injured and Branch still under police investigation.
Well, there was the usual stuff, but the big summer news from 1999 was Bully retiring.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28478
Love the Wolves shirt in the background.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

-40M cash payment
-5M in installments
-5M per goals*

Is that 5m for goals or 5m for the goal "objective" of finishing above 8th position? The second seems more likely.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5Million per goal seems excessive but if it means we sign someone **** it

We will be fine. He's not a goal scorer. We're not goalscorers. Porto will go bust if they are depending on us scoring goals for their income!

(yes, I know that actually it means "team targets", finishing 8th or above).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom