Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Your last exciting transfer

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Who was your last truly exciting signing that Wolves made?

Not one you were pleased with or happy about, but the one that had you jumping around the room.

For me it was Ruben Neves

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talisca lol!!!!

I’d always been a fan of Joao Moutinho so I’d say him. We’ve supposedly been in for quite a few since them - Dias, Cancelo, Olmo, Nunez, Kessie, Ocampos, Sanches, Botman etc, and now Nunes, but it’s been a pretty disappointing few years for us on the transfer front really. Certainly in terms of big signings

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it'd have to be Neves

Edit: ah sorry, I thought it was most exciting... 'last exciting' one was probably Trincão (at least in terms of my initial hopes/expectations)

Last edited:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore.

Had watched him for Middlesbrough and just been fascinated every time he picked the ball up. There was a Friday night game on Sky at the Riverside during the year we won the league, aptly I think it was against Leeds. He was ridiculous. Just effortlessly bursting past 3-4 players time after time.

There really is only a handful of players that get your attention like that. For us to be signing one was definitely exciting.

Last edited:

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Traore.

Had watched him several times for Middlesbrough and just been fascinated every time he picked the ball up.
Same for me with Adama. At the end of a summer of wow signings in 2018.

Was just the icing on the cake that we'd gone back to the championship and signed the best player in the league from the season before who didn't play for us.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao - although since then I have completely changed my mind on the bloke.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a long time FM player it was UNBELIEVABLE to me that we signed Fabio Silva. I know he hasn't hit the ground running like people expected for the price, but he will be a top top striker, lets not do a Vitinha/Goncalves and get rid of him just before he comes good.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a long time FM player it was UNBELIEVABLE to me that we signed Fabio Silva. I know he hasn't hit the ground running like people expected for the price, but he will be a top top striker, lets not do a Vitinha/Goncalves and get rid of him just before he comes good.

I know a lot of people share your opinion that Fabio will go on to be brilliant, but I just don't see it. He's done absolutely nothing to reconsider my position on him.

He's going to need to have a PHENOMENAL season because at the end of it he'll have 2 years left on his contract and a decision needs to be made. FOSUN won't want to suffer the indignity of their golden boy failing and leaving at a loss.

Exciting signings, Adama for me.
I think if everyone just acknowledged that Adamas best position is off the bench and annihilating tired defences, his stats and his stock would have been much higher and he'd be happier.

I think he owes us a year extension, still with a view to selling him this window but with less urgency.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Silva, Semedo and Trincao were all signings that we shouldn’t have been making. That makes them exciting.

They’ve struggled to make the impact of the big signings that came before them, but they are incredible players to sign for a club of our size and standing.

We sometimes forget that the success of the likes of Neves and Jota were probably down to them having a full season in the Championship initially.

If we get Nunes, it will be the biggest coup for us since Neves.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The ‘double’ - Goodman & John De Wolf. Geoff Thomas, Tony Daley. Off course since them Adama, if I’m honest I am not knowledgable about the players we have brought recently from Portugal et al. They have obviously generally been a massive success, I bow to others superior knowledge on the players we are currently interested in.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think perhaps naively I thought the summer of 2018 would go on to be the norm. Not that I took it for granted, I just thought that was who we were now. Pretty much every transfer window has been an anticlimax since.

I was pretty excited when we signed Semedo TBF, just because he was from Barca, I’d not heard much about him but signing a first choice Barca player seemed pretty big time.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you were around when Billy Wright signed you must be about 100.....
Some people like to come across as superior because they’re at a certain age where they can remember these type of players when in fact the answer to the question from the OP has to be signings made over the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom