Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think it's possible to buy Nunes without selling Neves. We have made £20m profit last season, we will get the best part £20m from Adama. Then there is Sanderson, Giles, Ronan, Cutrone etc that can be used to make up any short fall.

BUT, I can't see how they can fund the other requirements for the squad like a new centre back or striker on top of buying Nunes (and keeping Neves).

I would expect other players to be sold to fund those critical additions. Unless player power (i.e Coady) has change Bruno's mind about a back four. In that case maybe they could go with what they have in terms of CB's.

If they kept Neves and Moutinho but added Nunes and MGW to the squad (plus a fit Neto) would that be enough to go again?

If we are spend big on one player other compromises must surely be planned.

If we think Haris Seferovic is available for only £5m, maybe him and Nunes is all our purchases we need this window - especially if we are keeping Neves, Moutinho, and adding MGW and Sarkic to the squad.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I do think it's possible to buy Nunes without selling Neves. We have made £20m profit last season, we will get the best part £20m from Adama. Then there is Sanderson, Giles, Ronan, Cutrone etc that can be used to make up any short fall.

BUT, I can't see how they can fund the other requirements for the squad like a new centre back or striker on top of buying Nunes (and keeping Neves).

I would expect other players to be sold to fund those critical additions. Unless player power (i.e Coady) has change Bruno's mind about a back four. In that case maybe they could go with what they have in terms of CB's.

If they kept Neves and Moutinho but added Nunes and MGW to the squad (plus a fit Neto) would that be enough to go again?

If we are spend big on one player other compromises must surely be planned.

If we think Haris Seferovic is available for only £5m, maybe him and Nunes is all our purchases we need this window - especially if we are keeping Neves, Moutinho, and adding MGW and Sarkic to the squad.
Well if you have Nunes covered with Wolves current bank balance + Traore and fringe player sales, at the risk of sounding like a broken record we then sell Coady and Donk + Vinagre money and you have the funds for a new CB.

Replace Donk with a loan to option to buy.
Allows us to send Cundle out on loan.

Last edited:

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
I’m expecting at least one loan with an option to buy in this window. Seems to be our go to with some players and gives us an opportunity to bring someone in with a short term small budget.

If Neves does stay I’d be expecting movement on Traore and possibly Dendoncker to raise some funds.

Could we see Chelsea bid for Ait-Nouri when Cucurella signs for City?

Fingers crossed with Nunes but I’ll be amazed if we pull it off. I think I saw Porto linked with David Carmo (Braga CB) this morning - one we supposedly had our eyes on.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully get a few hundred thousand for bonatini.

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two very interesting snippets from Romano:

- City after a new midfielder with their priority being Kalvin Phillips after giving Rodri and new deal.
- They are ready to let Zinchenko leave.

Happy to see Nunes not mentioned and I j kw we have been linked with Zinchenko for a few years now.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- City after a new midfielder with their priority being Kalvin Phillips after giving Rodri and new deal.

Happy to see Nunes not mentioned and I j kw we have been linked with Zinchenko for a few years now.
nunes isn't needed they have kdb greenish etc

Nivada

Reaction score

Think City's interest in Nunes has been cool for a while now.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think City's interest in Nunes has been cool for a while now.
They could still end up selling Bernardo Silva to Barca yet.. Not sure if the rumours have cooled also, but there was also talk of Gundogan potentially leaving too? Who knows what will happen, it seems like they really want Phillips as an option for next season though

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On Nunes . posted earlier that could not see us spending £50m on a player .. but have read back on a Jeff article and he did say that if the right deal arrives for the right player we would find the money .. Nunes fits that criteria 2 good seasons and will be worth £100m .. just hoping I guess
Somebody posted friday that there would be a signing in next 48 hours supposedly from someone in Commercial office had dropped it out
We have in the past revealed signings at 10am on Sundays .. guess again grabbing at straws

dnf14

Reaction score
They could still end up selling Bernardo Silva to Barca yet.. Not sure if the rumours have cooled also, but there was also talk of Gundogan potentially leaving too? Who knows what will happen, it seems like they really want Phillips as an option for next season though
Think the latest is that Gundogan's staying to see out his contract and I think Pep has said he doesn't want Bernardo Silva sold at any price. Either leaving would leave a Nunes-shaped hole in their squad though...
Barca-affiliated media are claiming there's a gentleman's agreement where he can go this summer but given their notorious rose-tinted glasses of Barca's finances, I'd take that with a fistful of salt.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would absolutely love Zinchenko here. Think he'd have better offers than us though

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So they’ve offered him a fat extension then. £4m after tax has got to be over £150k a week.
In our squad and the crazy world of football finance, seems fair.
Unlike Adama pay Ruben WHATEVER it takes to keep him if no one matches our valuation.

He is the player who if we lost will cause the biggest issue to the squad

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t surprise me to see a championship club take a punt on Ronan
I can’t see why we aren’t giving him a look in pre-season?

He had some very good performances till his spine injury and impressed de bruyne enough that he sought him out enough to exchange shirts.

Before anyone slags off the SPL and the standard, Liverpool have dropped a few million on a lad who doesn’t play for one of the big two

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Nunes . posted earlier that could not see us spending £50m on a player .. but have read back on a Jeff article and he did say that if the right deal arrives for the right player we would find the money .. Nunes fits that criteria 2 good seasons and will be worth £100m .. just hoping I guess
Somebody posted friday that there would be a signing in next 48 hours supposedly from someone in Commercial office had dropped it out
We have in the past revealed signings at 10am on Sundays .. guess again grabbing at straws
That’s how I see it... the way we do our business I can almost imagine it more likely we sign Nunes for £40M than Palhinia for £20M, as the potential to make money is greater.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i wish you wouldn't say stuff like that. gonna have to skip church now ;)

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it seems that there's a chance that nobody is willing to pay our asking price for Neves. It's got me thinking if I'm mistaken about how good he is. In my eyes, he's easily worth his apparent asking price (around €50). If anything, it's a bargain. Why will clubs pay inflated prices for other players, but not ours? Surely they realise how good he is!?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So it seems that there's a chance that nobody is willing to pay our asking price for Neves. It's got me thinking if I'm mistaken about how good he is. In my eyes, he's easily worth his apparent asking price (around €50). If anything, it's a bargain. Why will clubs pay inflated prices for other players, but not ours? Surely they realise how good he is!?
Could be that clubs who can pay that and that Neves would want to go to, already have players as good as Neves in his position.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s how I see it... the way we do our business I can almost imagine it more likely we sign Nunes for £40M than Palhinia for £20M, as the potential to make money is greater.
The potential to lose money is even greater aswell.
Id sooner we beat porto to the signiture of andre almeida thats where the potential is to make far more.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a tremendous footballer. Absolutely brilliant in midfield for Ukraine.
He was absolutely brilliant against Scotland and was playing one two’s to himself as if the ball was stuck to his feet.

We nearly signed him at the same time we signed Donk but he turned us down. Maybe that could be against us signing him this time around.

Would be great for us Tring, but can’t see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom