Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if Neves stays it'll be Neves, Nunes, Moutinho and Cundle

Sell Donk to make up some of the cash
That would be great to have those 4.
Realistically got to think getting Nunez AND keeping Neves is unlikely. Unless some other important players like killman or Neto were sold for big money.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot stand the Birmingham Mail;

‘Jeff Shi request runs out as Wolves issued with Ruben Neves transfer demand’​

Yep, I fell for it and clicked the link. Total bull**** article to draw suckers to the website…d’oh!!!

*I have only posted the headline and not the link. I’d rather chew my own leg off than give them more clicks.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because a team finish lower doesn’t mean it won’t allow a player to shine more.

If a goal scorer played for a team that’s scores more or creates more chances he gets the opportunity to shine more, Doesn’t mean that they would finish higher just that they get to show their attacking attributes more.

If a creative player spends more time near the opposition box rather than his own he will create more, still doesn’t mean a team will finish higher or lower.
What is it with the over hyping of Aston Villa on here?!

I could understand this point if it was a top 6 side who struggled for one season but it isn't it is Villa, yeah they might score a few more than us (hopefully we sort this out this summer) but is it really worth the risk Neves is already a key player at Wolves and performing well hence why we are asking for big money so he is shining here and guess what I bet if he stays he will do the same again and when the time is right he gets the move he actually wants...

I would hope Neves has more ambition for his career.....

CologneWolf

Reaction score
What finances the rest of the build if he stays?

We don’t need sweeping changes throughout the squad.

Average Coady, donk and traore out to 12mil each. Vinagre 10mil... and you have 46mil.

Could be enough to get Nunes across the line.

Bring another CM in on loan to replace Donk

Attacker in on loan to replace Traore

Staring CB on a permanent to replace Coady. There would be at least20mil readily sitting there. But likely we will need a bit more. Transfers for squad members on the periphery with no future here might give us enough spare change to get closer to 30mil. (Sanderson, Ronan, Campana etc.)

Sign a free agent or find a cheap deal for an experienced defender.

So we would then have Boly, our new experienced defender, Gomes and Yerson as cover for Kilman and our Shiny new CB.

Squad complete.

All hinges on shifting Donk Coady and Traore though.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This Nunes saga feels like a flirty barista, you know it's not genuine but somewhere deep, deep down you wonder if maybe she does like you

Sure I saw Flirty Barista play the Wulfrun back in the day.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bloody hell, mate, if Ruben Neves hasn't already won your heart you're a hard man to please...
Oh he has, I wonder if they've included in his revised contract open access to every mans wife in the vicinity of Wolverhampton + complimentary bacon sandwich afterwards?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chicken feed when you see what others in the Prem are earning who aren't as good.

But that's the problem.Wolves-Jeff Shi,won't pay that sort wages,and I for one are 100% with them.

I'm for giving them 50k a wik and reducing the price of match tickets. :tonguewink:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mostly I would think your right but I would also add in family stability which is important to most men with kiddies.

Which might be an attraction of staying in the U.K. but with a club who can offer European football next season.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Neves is plan b for Barca and Utd. They know the price, they know we will accept and they know Ruben will be interested. There’s no need for them to rush any bids until they’ve explored other options that they maybe prefer.

None of that helps us, of course.

Let's hope Ruben sees this then.And thinks I'm not playing second fiddle for anyone.

Stay with us Ruben where ya know you're appreciated.:D

Reactions: Ned

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chicken feed when you see what others in the Prem are earning who aren't as good.

Well not really chicken feed. Think the average first team wage at Spurs is around the 100k mark, with only a few like Kane on more than 150k. Their club income is more than twice ours, so they can afford it better than we can.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time Wolves twitter goes back up to 1877 following I get depressed - Just a panic depressive.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again I'm probably being naive but I think he'd rather stay here than go to Villa for a few quid more, he's settled and happy here, he has as much chance of shining here as at Villa.
Sorry, I'm getting confused...are Villa interested in Neves?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonny and Bueno?

You value an England international CB and a Belgian international at £15m a piece, yet Traore at £20m?

Also it’s not Football manager.

I'd be amazed and delighted if anyone payed 20 million for Traore. One year left on his contract and he really hasnt been in the best of form over the previous 2 seasons despite still having some good moments. I'd be happy with 10-12 million tbh.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course not but we do have a handful of posters who believe what Villa fans do. Hence the idea he'd go there to move up the football ladder!

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it was just a random remark posted on here that they could see Neves going somewhere like Villa or Newcastle..........expect to see this tweeted by some 11 year old with a made up Portuguese pseudonym from his bedroom in Bilston soon......should add around another 10 pointless pages to this thread.......

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see Neves in a good team, is he as good as we think ? he may be even better, time will tell when he plays for a good side. I think the possibility of him staying with us is very very low.
Like Portugal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom