Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be interesting to understand the info behind our whole summer plan being behind neves sale (as seems to be case)

I know it’s fluid and we must be reactive, but surely must be *some* deals happening and *some* cash available if saiss, marcal, ruddy gone and ready to let Moutinho and even MGW go

Hopefully some movement soon and neves signs his new deal! Must be tempting for him if no offers so far, his wife and kids settled, pre season a couple of weeks away. Ideally a decent signing or two will make his mind up….

Salary budget has been created, but none of the outgoings have yet created funds for transfers. I know the money comes from the same pot, but you can’t count it twice, so I’m assuming the outgoings are used for salary for incomings or to increase the salaries of some of those staying.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have no knowledge on Nunes transfer .. cannot see we will spend £50 m on one player .. can say we have not had a single offer for Neves .. just an aside on Vitinha Wolves never bid for him because he told Wolves he would not sign for them and that is a fact ..

If Nunes signs for us, then I will ask the mods to close the thread I created on Mendes. After the way the Silva deal was received, I can’t see Wolves signing him unless it’s a loan and option, and I don’t see Sporting agreeing to those terms.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves will end up staying imo. We will sign Palhinha. Moutinho will also sign a deal.

Neves, Palhinha, Moutinho and Dendoncker the midfield options next season. I’ll take that thanks
If Neves ends up staying, and we can't sell Traore, Dendonker, Jiminez or anyone else that is actually worth anything, then we won't be buying anyone.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Neves is plan b for Barca and Utd. They know the price, they know we will accept and they know Ruben will be interested. There’s no need for them to rush any bids until they’ve explored other options that they maybe prefer.

None of that helps us, of course.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Neves is plan b for Barca and Utd. They know the price, they know we will accept and they know Ruben will be interested. There’s no need for them to rush any bids until they’ve explored other options that they maybe prefer.

None of that helps us, of course.
It will be interesting to see Neves in a good team, is he as good as we think ? he may be even better, time will tell when he plays for a good side. I think the possibility of him staying with us is very very low.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we have to run lean in midfield, but have Hwang, Podence, Chiquinho, Neto, Traore and MGW for the wide forward roles? Plus Campbell who is our Cundle equivalent in that position.

Do we have to run lean in midfield or is that an excuse for us not buying available midfielders?

We will probably play with a single striker but Lage wants to buy a third player for that position. Why isn't he talking about running lean?
But we won’t have a squad with all of those wide forwards will we? Pod & Traore will be off I expect and probably MGW too.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign nunes - 45m
Keep neves - and make him captain
Sign a quality CB - 20m
Sign an experienced CB - 5m
Sign a proper CDM - 10m

Sell coady - 15m
Sell traore - 20m
Sell hoever - 7m
Sell dendoncker - 15m
Sell hwang - 10m
Sell sanderson - 3m
Sell Ronan - 3m
Sell cutrone - 3m
Sell campana - 3m

Move to 4 3 3 and take the next step

Sell nunes next summer for 80 million

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ain’t signing Nunez and Neves will leave later in the window IMO

Who we bring in is anyones guess and as previous windows have proved it will be another missed opportunity, however saying that I still feel Fulham are being used to hurry us into signing Paulinho
Agree on the first one.

Liverpool will not be selling Nunez to us, nor even sending him to us on loan.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sanderson 4 million
Campana 3 million
Cutrone 2 mollion
Ronan 1 million
We could use this money to raid a midfielder from france where the players are cheaper. However, the recruitment isn't that good at wolves.
Surprised no one is in for Ronan as he had a good season in Scotland - is he still injured? Think his season was cut short due to injury

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha very good

You still haven’t cited your source. Is it just the general consensus / internet talk?
HP - which could also be how we have to fund further purchases.

No, I don't have any knowledge, just my view on where we are. We seem to have a sustainable, 'one in one out' policy, and any spare cash is going into new ventures.

Reaction score
Surprised in the money raising stakes that no one has mentioned Semedo. As I mentioned in another thread, chatter is the club will activate the two year extension to his contract then look to move him on while he still has reasonable resale value (finance not football before anyone starts shouting). Why not bring that forward a year, cheaper replacement and the balance to fund another player.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised in the money raising stakes that no one has mentioned Semedo. As I mentioned in another thread, chatter is the club will activate the two year extension to his contract then look to move him on while he still has reasonable resale value (finance not football before anyone starts shouting). Why not bring that forward a year, cheaper replacement and the balance to fund another player.
True. Shame he is crocked.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didnt he do his hamstring twice last season ? or was that cause we rushed him back ?

If he did then that resale value tumbles alot, who would want a wing back with a dodgy hamstring

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither did I and I’m ace!

He is too lightweight. I’m sure he’ll get games in a Mickey Mouse league against the mights of AC Ajaccio, Toulouse and Troyes. However, against the likes of Lyon and Marseille? I doubt it very much.
This is true. There’s a reason PSG fail so consistently in the CL in spite of having the worlds best players: outside of two or three teams, Ligue 1 is no better than top end championship at best.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa as in Aston Villa?! Come off it why would Neves want to leave Wolves for Villa talk about a sidewards move (or backwards if you look at recent history) wouldn't make any sense....
Stays local and gets a better contract if none of the big boys come in for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom