Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mdboro in talks to sign Ryan Giles, on loan, according to reports on twitter. I thought he would be competition for RAN now Marcal has gone.

Maybe they're looking at another left back, think Jonny can cover both and or Hugo from the under 21s can cover him instead.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This sounds like a 100% done deal.

:neutral:

W

WasStefan

Neves will end up staying imo. We will sign Palhinha. Moutinho will also sign a deal.

Neves, Palhinha, Moutinho and Dendoncker the midfield options next season. I’ll take that thanks

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I think he's always been used as an excuse for Moutinho not being good enough anymore. We don't control games when teams aren't doubling up on Adama. But hey that's another thread.
Oh nah I disagree. We control plenty of games without Traore on the pitch. We just can’t score.

I wouldn’t be offering Moutinho an extension. But fortunately I don’t make those calls.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whoever is chosen, I think it's clear we need a new, first team central midfielder to complement Neves which would make Moutinho and Dendoncker the back-ups.

On top of that, if Moutinho goes, he will need to be replaced and the same for Neves.
I pretty much agree, though if we plan to play a midfield 2 I’m happy with just the 3 quality first team midfielders plus a decent youngster as 4th choice back up.
But either way we need some fresh blood in there.
My ideal would probably be to recoup some money on Donk, save the wages of Moutinho and go into the season with Neves, Palinha, Nunez and Cundle. (Plus having mgw as one of our forward players who could also drop back to play in a midfield 3.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We ain’t signing Nunez and Neves will leave later in the window IMO

Who we bring in is anyones guess and as previous windows have proved it will be another missed opportunity, however saying that I still feel Fulham are being used to hurry us into signing Paulinho

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oh nah I disagree. We control plenty of games without Traore on the pitch. We just can’t score.

I wouldn’t be offering Moutinho an extension. But fortunately I don’t make those calls.
Agreed, we try and have too much control resulting in the lack of any potency.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vitinha looked bang average for Wolves and thats why he got little game time. People are only criticising the recruitment team now because he has had a good season and gone to PSG. He looked pretty lightweight in midfield and showed a lack of strength on the ball - very short memories or is this just the excuse some need to have a go over what was the right decision at the time.
That’s the ‘advantage’ big clubs have in the lesser European leagues. They can play their promising starlets, give them a full season of starts and let them shine, without damaging what they can realistically achieve.
The premier league is generally too hard and risky to do that, with 6+ teams aiming at top 4, another pack realistically chasing the lesser European spots, and relegation danger for 6-10 clubs every season. But then they do have the big sacks of cash to buy these players once they’ve had their breakthrough season.

Can’t really lay any blame anywhere. Could we have spent £20m on him? Maybe. Did he really look worth it? More so than double for Fabio, yeah, but not really.
Porto could afford to do what we couldn’t realistically risk, which was play him all season, against weaker opposition, and shine.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well palhinha was suppose to be confirmed for Fulham yesterday everything is guess work are we still down at 1886 on wolves twitter

Hopefully here some noise this weekend

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is saying Hoever on loan to PSV with an option.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point is marcal doesnt need replacing. He did a job and nothing more. 15 games a season and on 30k a week.
Good point. I can see us bringing in another journeyman or two to stock the bench before the window closes. There are plenty of 30 year olds without a club.

I was just hoping we would get a couple of quality players to actually improve the first team.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cornwall has liked this comment. Cornwall who are we interested in if we are not buying nunes?Thanks.
Have no knowledge on Nunes transfer .. cannot see we will spend £50 m on one player .. can say we have not had a single offer for Neves .. just an aside on Vitinha Wolves never bid for him because he told Wolves he would not sign for them and that is a fact ..

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Have no knowledge on Nunes transfer .. cannot see we will spend £50 m on one player .. can say we have not had a single offer for Neves .. just an aside on Vitinha Wolves never bid for him because he told Wolves he would not sign for them and that is a fact ..
Go away with your facts on here! There's arguments to be had... :D

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Glad this clears the Vitinha situation up. We should only be signing players willing to give 100% to the cause. Thanks Cornwall.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

And i'll add we've probably had no bids because he's priced at 100m. Maybe there's a reason he's priced at that. I'm hoping it's because they don't want to sell him. Them being Ruben, Bruno and the club. I can live in hope...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Can you break up your posts so I can find it easier to pick the right reaction emoji?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
So you can probably take many of the reports of our interest in Palhinha with a pinch of salt.
Think we’d all be better served if we took every report with a pinch of salt.
And with that information, do you mean to tell me we will no longer hear folk putting down management for not signing him? :p

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Would be interesting to understand the info behind our whole summer plan being behind neves sale (as seems to be case)

I know it’s fluid and we must be reactive, but surely must be *some* deals happening and *some* cash available if saiss, marcal, ruddy gone and ready to let Moutinho and even MGW go

Hopefully some movement soon and neves signs his new deal! Must be tempting for him if no offers so far, his wife and kids settled, pre season a couple of weeks away. Ideally a decent signing or two will make his mind up….

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither did I and I’m ace!

He is too lightweight. I’m sure he’ll get games in a Mickey Mouse league against the mights of AC Ajaccio, Toulouse and Troyes. However, against the likes of Lyon and Marseille? I doubt it very much.

Totally agree. Okay with PSG midfield destroyer next to him, or in a midfield three. But not enough for us sadly

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Look back at the Vitinha thread that was shown the other day. Most on here recognised his clear ability and said we should have signed him for what would have been a small fee by todays standards. His talent and potential was obvious.
Signing Vitinha was never an option as the player wasn’t interested.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Would be interesting to understand the info behind our whole summer plan being behind neves sale (as seems to be case)

I know it’s fluid and we must be reactive, but surely must be *some* deals happening and *some* cash available if saiss, marcal, ruddy gone and ready to let Moutinho and even MGW go

Hopefully some movement soon and neves signs his new deal! Must be tempting for him if no offers so far, his wife and kids settled, pre season a couple of weeks away. Ideally a decent signing or two will make his mind up….
I'm hoping anyway! Thing is we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. What the club and players know just doesn't come out into the public domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom