Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought so to and to be fair the signs were there that they would buy him the just couldn’t commit to it due them being limited by La Liga.
I wouldn't feel too sorry for him. He can walk at the end of the year and get a nice fat signing on fee and increase in wages from someone like Leeds or Everton.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want him back. Nice guy or not.
Let him go 18 to 20 mill to dirty Leeds.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said last year that if Adama doesn’t get his act together, he might end up in the Championship.

If he gets another chance, eg, Leeds, I hope he figures out how to improve his game and stay in the PL.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Seen a report saying we’ve agreed a contract with Nunes and now we just need to sort out a fee with Sporting. Maybe I’m being a bit thick but surely you can’t sort out a contract with a player until his team have accepted an offer?
That’s an interesting point but the reality is that in every transfer you need the agreement of the selling club and the player unless the player is a free agent….now the value/ cost of a player will be transfer fee and other costs as well as the players salary amortized over the length of the contract. you can see a clear conflict here…if the salary is very high the value of the contract may be low…eg because of his wages Messi went on a free. However if the seller won’t sell at a reasonable price then the wages may be irrelevant …so clubs work on both at the same time. Note that Bayern had agreement from Mane which helped them reach a deal with Liverpool..

but it does take both the player and selling club ( and sometimes even the agent) to agree before contracts can be finalized.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a report saying we’ve agreed a contract with Nunes and now we just need to sort out a fee with Sporting. Maybe I’m being a bit thick but surely you can’t sort out a contract with a player until his team have accepted an offer?
A hypothetical with his agent to say what would your man want could have occurred.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Supposedly there’s been reports of Adama going to Leeds for €24m on a Catalonian broadcaster today…

Putting my more emotional comments aside. The Leeds DoF signed Traore when he was at Boro, and Leeds will shortly have the money to spend. It’s hardly the dream move Traore wanted when he went to Barca on loan, but at this stage, beggars can’t be choosers, but he at least knows the guy rates him.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I always wonder about that but it seems to happen quite often. I suppose the club may give permission for the player to talk on the proviso the valuation is met.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
is Guedes this year's Trincao? as he was lord and saviour beforehand.
Guedes is a full international who gets into double figures for a poor Valencia side in a good league...

Where as Trincao was a young player who has good potential..

Obviously at this moment in time Guedes is a mucu better player but two different players at different points in their careers not really comparable tbh..

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Guedes is a full international who gets into double figures for a poor Valencia side in a good league...

Where as Trincao was a young player who has good potential..

Obviously at this moment in time Guedes is a mucu better player but two different players at different points in their careers not really comparable tbh..
One also has quite a decent amount of pace

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I said last year that if Adama doesn’t get his act together, he might end up in the Championship.

If he gets another chance, eg, Leeds, I hope he figures out how to improve his game and stay in the PL.
If he doesn’t play for us and ends up in the prem I hope he’s ****, forget hoping he improves.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He refused to sign a new contract even before Lage arrived. He’s made his own bed.
Reports were he was about to sign last May, then we sacked Nuno and he (understandably) wanted to put it on hold

But if we wanted him to sign, his lack of game time was never going to help the situation

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really get why Adama would want to go to Leeds. He stalled on signing a new contract with us, who have regularly finished in the top 10 in recent seasons. He turned down a move to Spurs to try his luck at Barcelona. Leeds aren’t massive payers, so not like he’d get a shed load more cash there. It’s a really odd move for him. Great price for us though if it’s true.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying be doesn't want to be at wolves. He hasn't signed a contract because at the time he/his agent felt they could get higher as he was in his prime. That's not greedy, that's football as a career.

The move to barca was a dream one. Going to leeds would be a forwards step if he got well paid and thought he would start, but it's not a dream move. Staying at wolves would work well if we offered similar wages to leeds and he felt he'd get game time.

Wanting to do the best in a short career is not the same as not wanting to be somewhere. Traore has never acted up, he's just taking advantage of a contract running down to give him career options. It may not work out how he wants though. And he certainly isn't going to be in the champ! He's a good player, just perhaps best as a sub or with a team build around his strengths rather than revealing his weaknesses (like, he can't run off the ball to save his life).

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep saying be doesn't want to be at wolves. He hasn't signed a contract because at the time he/his agent felt they could get higher as he was in his prime. That's not greedy, that's football as a career.

The move to barca was a dream one. Going to leeds would be a forwards step if he got well paid and thought he would start, but it's not a dream move. Staying at wolves would work well if we offered similar wages to leeds and he felt he'd get game time.

Wanting to do the best in a short career is not the same as not wanting to be somewhere. Traore has never acted up, he's just taking advantage of a contract running down to give him career options. It may not work out how he wants though. And he certainly isn't going to be in the champ! He's a good player, just perhaps best as a sub or with a team build around his strengths rather than revealing his weaknesses (like, he can't run off the ball to save his life).
His motivations are irrelevant with the contract situation being what it is

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Because Sellars categorically said that Adama didn't want to be here.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama is a good man but it seems he is getting some bad advice from someone which is a shame as things are just not working for him ATM.

Going from being talked about as a £50-60M+ player going to a mega club 12-18 months ago to being linked with Leeds at a fraction of the price is come down.

TBH I think he just has to accept that this is his ceiling he is 26 years old not some young up and comer

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now while Fosun obviously arent clowns, and obviously knows more about running a business than most here including me, I find it equally staggering that somehow that to some, they are immune to criticism, because of how far they've taken us since they took over. Obviously some that criticims are over the top. (Calling them clowns and doubting their ability to run a business, etc).

However, I think a lot of people are rightly concerned, that all the good they've done, can be undone, due to neglect of the team, and poor footballing decisions by people employed by Fosun.
Also while there's no doubting there ability to run a business, I think its more than fair to ask questions about their priorities with regards to the football part of the branch.
Now hopefully they put those concerns to bed this summer. Starting the season with more than 3 midfielders would be a good start.
Totally agree ... but there is a distinction between the habitual, crass cheap shots and genuine concern over our strategy and direction. It’s very much the former that I just don’t get.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama is a good man but it seems he is getting some bad advice from someone which is a shame as things are just not working for him ATM.

Going from being talked about as a £50-60M+ player going to a mega club 12-18 months ago to being linked with Leeds at a fraction of the price is come down.

Problem was he was never that 50-60m player. He had a purple patch in terms of assists one winter but that was about it. Perhaps bad advice is what it is but if he had an end product he would never have left Barcelona let alone be given them as a freebie on loan from Wolves.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Sellars categorically said that Adama didn't want to be here.

I'd love to see what Adama has to say about this and not just rely on spiel from Sellars. Adama had a chance to try and make a go of it at Barcelona, a huge club and his boyhood club and you cant blame him for wanting a go at this. What I would like to know is was there ever any chance after he left that if things didnt work out he would want to come back here and sign a new deal.
Would love to know Adama's views on this rather than Sellars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom