Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who remembers when we started a thread because our Win/Loss ratio was absurdly high when Donck played in the team, and considered him the most important player at one point!

We’ll perhaps he’d work wonders in a 2, or a “double Pivot” with Nunes?

I agree, Donck has not been anything like we needed him to be as of late, but maybe he is still highly regarded, and would flourish with Nunes and/or a change in formation??

Just a thought

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:mad: Its bin great here in Wolverhampton all wik.I supposed to be having friends and family round for drinks for my birthday,but it's forecast rain.:rolleyes:****ing typical ay it.
****ing scorchio in wv3 at moment mate. Happy 70.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read recently that Gonzalez is/was seen as the long-term successor to Busquets at Barca.

Which made me think he is clearly highly regarded as a very good holding midfield player, although he can play other midfield roles too.

I wonder if we are working on Gonzalez as our first choice, but Palhinha as the backup option?

Similar height, similar attributes. Both could play the holding midfield role very well alongside a more dynamic box to box player, but Gonzalez on a loan to buy is less initial cost, less risky and with more potential.

So Palhinha goes to Fulham.

Neves goes to Barca for around £50-60m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Nunes for around £40-50m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Gonzalez on loan, with an option to buy for £20-30m. If he's successful, we offset the remaining Neves fee to pay for him next summer.

So over the course of 2 summers, we'd have exchanged Neves for Nunes and Gonzalez, with no net cost this summer.

I'd be over the moon with something like that!!
Get rid of sellars ....mate you sound like a proper football director lol.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They speak like we are getting Nunes and Fulham are getting Palhinha. Pretty sure Palhihna was considered Neves replacement and Nunes was to replace Dendoncker but the fees for each being the other way around with Neves/Nunes being the bigger sales and Palhihna/Dendoncker both around the same price. So if it were to happen it might mean we actually have more money to spend without the Neves sale than has been let on as I can't see us selling Neves if we don't get Palhihna but were under the impression for Nunes to happen we would need the Neves money.
Only thing I’d say is in terms of attributes Palhihna has never been a like for like with Neves, whereas Nunes replaces Neves’s creativity (though is still a different player.)

I’ve always felt that Palhinha would be providing the workrate, breakup play, and blade-of-grass covering of Donk/Moutinho, but we would still need to replace his creativity. Nunes plus a workhorse is a more balanced transfer plan IMO than Palhinha alone.

But….folks just need to wait and see what pans out ;)

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I read recently that Gonzalez is/was seen as the long-term successor to Busquets at Barca.

Which made me think he is clearly highly regarded as a very good holding midfield player, although he can play other midfield roles too.

I wonder if we are working on Gonzalez as our first choice, but Palhinha as the backup option?

Similar height, similar attributes. Both could play the holding midfield role very well alongside a more dynamic box to box player, but Gonzalez on a loan to buy is less initial cost, less risky and with more potential.

Neves goes to Barca for around £50-60m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Nunes for around £40-50m, with £20m up front and the rest on a tiered payment structure.

We get Gonzalez on loan, with an option to buy for £20-30m. If he's successful, we offset the remaining Neves fee to pay for him next summer.

So over the course of 2 summers, we'd have exchanged Neves for Nunes and Gonzalez, with no net cost this summer.

From what I know (and this could be wrong) Gonzalez is more of a Fabregas type player (and therefore also likely to work in the prem) which is why SOME Barca fans don’t rate him, because they’ve grown used to a different profile of player in the middle.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

It’s prestige to sit at the big table at my local, you have to earn your stripes. My pals going at 3.30 to secure before the rest drop in at 4.30.

Enjoy your microwave meal for one
I’d love a microwave meal for one it would mean some peace and quiet although maybe too hot for one today, but will have a 3yo daughter begging for attention as soon as I get home. Where’s your local then just to make sure I never accidentally sit on the big table without earning the necessary stripes? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From what i have seen he is nothing like Donk
Pure defensive Midfield, hard tackling holding player,dont see any resemblance tbh
That's how I see him, tbh I'm not as struck on him as most on here, seems a bit of a lump to me, not very mobile at all, however if we could get him for the 18m € that's being talked about would be worth a punt and if combined with Nunes (I'm still sceptical he's coming in) would be a useful pairing, plus of course we're criminally short of CMs.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun's player trading "strategy" to evolve their football club apparently falls apart at the seams when the core plan - to sell a major player asset each summer (Traore in 2021, Neves in 2022) - bumps against a reality of no other club being prepared to pay big bucks for that asset.

And equally apparently there isn't much of a Plan B (other than head and ball scratching) when Plan A goes belly up.

Yep, my thoughts entirely. Mendes doesn’t appear to be a miracle worker after all.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I saw some Barca fans talking about him being his replacement and the conclusion was he's much better higher up the pitch and struggled deeper. That's when his firm dropped off.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily, Neves has the ability to play as an 8 or they could go with a double 6 to protect a transitioning back 4 and play Nunes as a 10?

I realise this is pie in the sky but it’s nice to dream

Or Neves as the 6 in a single pivot with Nunes and MGW/Joao Moutinho as 8s, or MGW as a 10 with a double pivot and have Neves more of a sitter and Nunes box to box.

Nunes has to be given the freedom to play box to box, but not as a 10 for me, most his value comes from his ability to burst forward from deep and run with the ball, but he doesn't score enough to be a 10

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t understand that. Why would he refuse a new contract with us to sign for Leeds especially as he’s apparently turned them down already.

Because he’s burnt his bridges at Wolves and Spurs and failed at Barca. His refusal to sign a contract extension has forced us to sell him for perhaps no more than we paid for him. As far as I am concerned he can **** off and never be seen again.

dnf14

Reaction score
Bit pedantic but that was a strong rumour on the 6th May and the release clause was £48m…ish (?)
In fairness, even Fabrizio Romano was touting the €75m figure since last summer. The lower release clause sideswiped pretty much every journalist out there.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t understand that. Why would he refuse a new contract with us to sign for Leeds especially as he’s apparently turned them down already.
Not saying the rumour is true of course, but let’s be real, the contract offer we gave to Adama which would’ve made him a top earner at the club, definitely won’t be on the table anymore… at least it won’t be in my opinion.

It’s possible that if he knows his time at Barca is up & he won’t get good terms with us anymore, that Leeds would be willing to make him a top earner for them. They’re likely to lose at least one of Phillips or Raphinha, and we all know how much their DoF rates, Victor Orta, rates Adama.

That’s my thought process at least, all in all, this could just be paper talk tbf

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what, Braganca will probably be the best of the three. Shame we can't influence Sportingvto let us have him instead or as well as one of the others.
Not sure about that tbh I'd rather the more experienced and player(s) who are keeping him out the side..

Nunes certainly has more quality than Braganca for sure..

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highly doubt Traore would sign a new deal as long as Lage is manager. Can't imagine he was too happy kicking his heels on the bench watching Hwang and Trincao in his position, Lage didn't exactly make him seem valued

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That isn’t a universal view imo

I know it’s not. It wasn’t my view either until the last year, when it became clear that he was more interested in the money than playing for Wolves. I am tired of making excuses for him. He thinks he’s bigger than us, then good luck to him. I won’t be cheering him on his return.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highly doubt Traore would sign a new deal as long as Lage is manager. Can't imagine he was too happy kicking his heels on the bench watching Hwang and Trincao in his position, Lage didn't exactly make him seem valued

He refused to sign a new contract even before Lage arrived. He’s made his own bed.

MontyR

Reaction score
He refused to sign a new contract even before Lage arrived. He’s made his own bed.
Pretty sure it was Sept 2020 when the original “Traore new contact” thread was made. Time for him to go if he’s not signing. £15m would be great at this stage.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Out - Neves (£50m), Ait-Nouri (£30m, £10m to Angers), Gibbs-White (£20m), Traore (£10m), Vinagre (£10m) = £110m

In - Nunes (£30m), Palhinha (£20m), Guedes (£30m), Seferovic (£5m), Inacio (£30m) = £115m

£5m net spend. How many of you would take that? I’d like to see MGW stay, but if he’s making an issue out of wanting to be a guaranteed starter, then it might be worth cashing in while his stock is high. If we moved to a back four would RAN start over Jonny? Not for me, I see the potential but Jonny is too solid to be on the bench, and Semedo is 100% starting at right back.

Jimenez
Guedes Podence Neto
Palhinha Nunes
Jonny Inacio Kilman Semedo
Sa
Bench: Sarkic, Coady, Boly, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Chiquinho, Hwang, Silva, Seferovic

Might leave us a little short on full back cover, but could introduce Bolla and Giles to the first team squad as cover.
Ait-Nouri price way to cheap, £20M net would be terrible. £10m profit isn't it? Would be awful business

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Good point. Possibly he thought he was on to bigger and better with the likes of Barca. I expect he wished he'd signed up in hindsight but perhaps has burnt his bridges at Wolves now? Sellars has made no secret of the fact that he didn't want to be here.

All assumptions mind you!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got nothing against Traore.

But after he's refused to sign his contract for 2 years and flopped at Barca, it would be quite funny if he joined Leeds.

Same here. It would be embarrassing for all concerned if he pulled on a Wolves shirt next season, and that wouldn’t be good for the team spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom