Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member drgr12429

I'm at Asda currently. Just checking in to see if they need to restock the pampers aisle.
It seems ok at the moment but i'll check again later depending on who we sign/don't sign/get beaten to it/seems we won't etc..:p

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In January I read that we signed him for £500k, for a 3 year deal, then loaned him to Grasshoppers till the end of the season.

I think he is free to come back.

Hmm, I remember Spiers saying something about Kawabe already taking up one of our overage loan slots next season when talking about how the changes to loan rules will effect us, guess we will see either way come pre season, can’t see him being the answer though.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How has he been playing at Grasshoppers? Anyone know?
Just watched his obligatory highlights video on YouTube. Actually, he is not bad. A bit of a lightweight perhaps, but very positive, an attacking midfielder with a good right foot. Scored some nice goals, although I am sure we can train that out of him.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Nunez story is gathering traction,plus apparently we have matched Fulhams bid for Palhinha
Who knows whats going on in reality,but if its a choice between the players the its Nunez all day long
If we miss Palhinha defensive midfielders are easier to come by than good attacking ones
Everything hinges on Neves ofc,im sure we can make one signing without that money but anymore would be hard

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Question is do we have someone in the tree at the Mount poised and ready to report in?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched his obligatory highlights video on YouTube. Actually, he is not bad. A bit of a lightweight perhaps, but very positive, an attacking midfielder with a good right foot. Scored some nice goals, although I am sure we can train that out of him.
I know YouTube highlights can be very well edited, but even Nunes' 10 mins one he looks class throughout. I like his decision making, and the ball sticks to him. Think it's clear this lad is going to follow Neves and become a Champion's League/Citeh/Madrid centre midfielder in a few years. We may as well break the bank (45m?), get 2 brilliant years out of him and make 20m on him in that time. Predict he'll be better/more mobile than Neves, but different roles.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Kawabe is coming back regardless, and given the 5 sub rule, will get some playing time.

Isn’t his loan till the end of next season?

In January I read that we signed him for £500k, for a 3 year deal, then loaned him to Grasshoppers till the end of the season.

I think he is free to come back.

Announced by Wolves as to the end of the season just finished, however Grasshoppers said for 18months (same as Sang-Bin Jeong). That was also reconfirmed when they announced their retained list (Jordao, Bolla and Bonatini back to loan clubs, Kawabe & Sang-bin Jeong "are set to stay in Zurich for 12 more months until summer 2023, as planned")

How has he been playing at Grasshoppers? Anyone know?

Very well, there is a thread you should follow somewhere about our loan players!! ;) Just kidding, I understand everyone is busy and there are plenty of other threads to keep on top of.

He's played really well, mainly as an AMC but sometimes as part of a 2 in midfield - 7 goals and 3 assists in 35 games. Second top scorer for them behind Kaly Sene. Bonatini had the same number of goals but also takes the penalties. Kawabe was one of 7 players (along with Bolla) to be nominated for POTS, however neither Bolla or Kawabe won in the end.

Reaction score
I find it very hard to understand the steady stream of cheap criticism and jibes aimed at Fosun on this thread and across the whole of The Mix.

Yes, the back end of last season was disappointing and yes, this is a big summer for us, but how some can believe that they are really a bunch of clowns is completely beyond me.

We are a football club enjoying its first sustained period of top flight football after decades in the wilderness. This was delivered under Fosun’s ownership.

And yet... they don’t know what they’re doing?

Staggering and laughable, in equal measure.
I wonder sometimes the age bracket of the naysayers, I’m 59, and this is the most sustained run in the top division since the days of Bailey, The Doog,Waggy etc.
Perhaps I’m being naive in thinking that I never want to visit Darlington, Shrewsbury, Oldham , Preston and the like to watch Wolves.
Fosun are clearly building a brand to help sustain wolves, and it maybe years before it comes to fruition , but they are very savvy businessmen, and I for one am grateful that we’re owned by them

D

Deleted member drgr12429

A message like that on this thread is like Martin Luther King showing up at a Ku Klux Klan rally and asking the audience to be a touch less racist
More like MLK turning up and saying "Where the white women at?" :tearsofjoy:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Based on who we've been linked with alone my optimistic incomings would be:

Matheus Nunes £40m
Joao Palhinha £15m
David Carmo £25m
Nico Gonzalez (Loan with option)
Andre Almeida £8m
Goncalo Guedes £25m
Haris Seferovic £10m

Total £123m + loan fee

Outgoings
Ruben Neves £50m
Adama Traore £15m
Lender Dendoncker £20m
Ki-Jana Hoever £7m

Total £92m

That's a net outgoing of c£30m give or take pocket change. I do think that's probably a CB light and maybe one too many Midfielders but would be more than happy with that.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Nunes looks like a fantastic player and I'd love him here but we needa squad and I'd reluctantly prefer getting palinha and a centre half in with the neves money tbh.

Successive poor transfer window's has put us in the position of needing a rebuild so 2/3 good signings is what's needed rather than 1 brilliant signing I feel.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hey look, its Botman/Sanches again, we really bid, honestly.

If only we were like every other club who spend 500 million each window, sign every single player they look at and are linked to without fail and do all of this off a 30k local fan base only.
From a journalist with 220k Twitter Followers. If accurate; let's finish the job and gerrim in!

I love the fact that some spotty kid posts that Fulham will beat us to a transfer then the number of negative comments and jibes that follow is astounding like its gospel truth.

You post this and it will either be ignored by the same 'adults' or they will work their ass off to discredit the journalist.

Cant win!!!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, and the scary thing is that many people base their political views on it, whereas in here, it is just football!
This transfer page on a Wolves forum really isn't that serious...

Either negative or positive it is just a place people talk about rumours think most people know a lot of is nonsense..

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on who we've been linked with alone my optimistic incomings would be:

Matheus Nunes £40m
Joao Palhinha £15m
David Carmo £25m
Nico Gonzalez (Loan with option)
Andre Almeida £8m
Goncalo Guedes £25m
Haris Seferovic £10m

Total £123m + loan fee

Outgoings
Ruben Neves £50m
Adama Traore £15m
Lender Dendoncker £20m
Ki-Jana Hoever £7m

Total £92m

That's a net outgoing of c£30m give or take pocket change. I do think that's probably a CB light and maybe one too many Midfielders but would be more than happy with that.
Be prepared to be disappointed!
I would be astonished if we brought that many in.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are going to sell a midfielder this summer then, IMO, best thing to do is sell Donk. Then keep Ruben, give Moutinho another deal, and sign both these other guys.

Overnight we transform the midfield options.

A decent centre half and we are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom