Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham, as is well known, is not alone: Wolverhampton is still running to try to match the proposal. Even though they still haven't managed to sell Rúben Neves - a transfer that will be made sooner or later and for many millions -, Wolves who, opted for the game of patience with Sporting, are now going to the last attack on Palhinha trying to buy the player before making revenue from sales.

As far as it was possible to ascertain, Marco Silva knows that he still cannot celebrate the signing of the midfielder even if the club already has an agreement with Sporting, because the entry of Wolves on the scene could influence Palhinha's decision.

They are implying we are interested but havent got the money from neves, but dont want to lose out so will just stump up the money prior to neves sale

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it very hard to understand the steady stream of cheap criticism and jibes aimed at Fosun on this thread and across the whole of The Mix.

Yes, the back end of last season was disappointing and yes, this is a big summer for us, but how some can believe that they are really a bunch of clowns is completely beyond me.

We are a football club enjoying its first sustained period of top flight football after decades in the wilderness. This was delivered under Fosun’s ownership.

And yet... they don’t know what they’re doing?

Staggering and laughable, in equal measure.
A message like that on this thread is like Martin Luther King showing up at a Ku Klux Klan rally and asking the audience to be a touch less racist

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just imagine if there's legs in this and we pull it off. When City played Sporting in the Champion's League last season, Guardiola described him as one of the best players in the world.

Massive coup, lets see, city dont need him right now neither do liverpool. So there is a chance if we pay the money.

Id rather go to wolves than everton or newcastle if im a Portuguese international

modenawolf

Reaction score
I find it very hard to understand the steady stream of cheap criticism and jibes aimed at Fosun on this thread and across the whole of The Mix.

Yes, the back end of last season was disappointing and yes, this is a big summer for us, but how some can believe that they are really a bunch of clowns is completely beyond me.

We are a football club enjoying its first sustained period of top flight football after decades in the wilderness. This was delivered under Fosun’s ownership.

We could spend 40m+ on Nunes this window, and some people still wouldn't be happy.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be nice if we did sign Nunes.

It feels a bit like the Luis Diaz situation in January when Spurs were reportedly negotiating for a couple of weeks then Liverpool swooped in and got him. I can see Man City or another club just blowing us out of the water.

Still, it keeps the transfer rumour mill interesting.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Nunes definitely has more to his game than Pahlinha i believe and is around 4/5 years younger. Nunes seems to be a more dynamic/box to box midfielder where as Pahlinha is a 'number 6' anchor type. Should Neves stay, albeit different roles Neves and Pahlinha essentially would be playing the same position.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t shoot the messenger but I’ve just been on the phone with my ITK and he’s told me there’s a signing in the next 48 hours. He didn’t know who but said he’s been told by someone in the commercial department
Moutinho?

(although, Valair have flown Geneva > Farnborough his morning :rolleyes:)

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The above link is 21/22 scatter graphics. Anyone who doesn't think we'll be in a relegation scrap without serious signings need to take a long look at them

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weirdly, I’m not so sure it’s that clear cut. Palhinha is the kind of player which would enable greater tactical flexibility even without a Nunes type player. Palhinha is like a Donk on steroids, and would enable the whole team to play a little more attacking. We’ve seen in glimpses that when we play like that, we look pretty good and with in form forwards, we’d score goals. Nunes alone would help, but unless paired with a Palhinha, could find himself with little support when he makes a breaking run.
I agree with that - Bruno’s system used to have a defensive midfielder who could drop into the back three when under pressure, but sweep the midfield when the full backs and other midfielders were pressing - Palinha could do that for us, Donk couldn’t.

(Both would be perfect though!)

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is you have to remember this is all about the players’ careers as much as the clubs - so neves gets Barca, CL football and big pay rise; Nunes gets PL football, big pay rise and in shop window; Gonzalez (probably) gets to play for a year given our midfield, goes back stronger player

If any of it’s true of course
Seems credible. Of ourselves you have forgotten the golden rule of dismissing any rumour that puts Fosun in a good light and swallowing whole the slightest indication that they are trying to destroy WWFC despite massively investing.

fleck1

Reaction score
I think its safe to say from all the media reports they know about as much as us as to what's going on with our transfers. "he is, he isn't, we've bid, we might bid, wont buy till Neves goes, we will buy him anyway", pretty much how the last 10 days have gone. Personally I'm pretty neutral with regards Fosun done a lot of good, things that could have been done better but that's football no fan base is ever really happy. But if come the end of the window, after paying another increase on my season ticket we end up with a significantly weaker squad and nothing spent a lot of that faith will have evaporated. Bruno may want it done early, we may be desperate to see new faces, but we know how the window works a lot of brinksmanship, waiting on a deal to go through that sets off 5 or 6 more. Ill judge them when the window shuts

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes definitely has more to his game than Pahlinha i believe and is around 4/5 years younger. Nunes seems to be a more dynamic/box to box midfielder where as Pahlinha is a 'number 6' anchor type. Should Neves stay, albeit different roles Neves and Pahlinha essentially would be playing the same position.

Not necessarily, Neves has the ability to play as an 8 or they could go with a double 6 to protect a transitioning back 4 and play Nunes as a 10?

I realise this is pie in the sky but it’s nice to dream

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

100% agree.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's important that people don't lose their minds if Palhinha goes to Fulham.

We've never said we've bid for him, and it's so very clear that if we want him, we will match their bid which has apparently been accepted.

So let's see but not go nuts if a player we never bid for doesn't come.

On Nunes, never seen him play but as per everybody else he looks excellent on YouTube. If we've bid that kind of money (big IF) I presume it means an offer for Ruben is close to being sealed.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's important that people don't lose their minds if Palhinha goes to Fulham.

We've never said we've bid for him, and it's so very clear that if we want him, we will match their bid which has apparently been accepted.

So let's see but not go nuts if a player we never bid for doesn't come.
Good luck with that.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does "exploring a deal" mean?

Are Jeff and Sellars wondering around wearing shorts and funny hats with a pair of binoculars, a magnifying glass and a fossil brush each?

Tony Robinson and the boys are with them as we speak

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amongst all the complaints from a minority of fans, worth remembering just how thin our squads have been
before this season. Take our best achieving year, 2019-20, and compare to this year´s

Ruddy...........Ruddy
Patricio ........Sa
Doherty.........Semedo
Jonny .............Marcal
Vinaigre..........RAN
Buur............. Hoever
Kilman............Kilmanc
Coady..............Coady
Boly.................Boly
Saiss................Saiss
Bennett..........Mosquera
Neves............Neves
Moutinho.......Moutinho
Dendonker....Dendonker
MGW..............Podence
Traore............Traore
Neto...............Neto
Jota.................Hwang
Jimenez.........Jimenez
Cutrone.........Fabio

Plus Trincao plus Jonny and Jordao to come back from longterm injuries

So a bigger squad, especially when the injured are back.

Sa, Semedo,Hoever, Mosquera, Podence, Hwang and Fabio instead of Patricio,Buur, Doherty, Bennett, MGW, Jota and Cutrone.

Plus the addition of Trincao.

That looks like good squad development to me. Just one midfielder short.

Maybe Jeff does deserve some praise and trust.

Just nine months ago it was possible to write this, as Wolves ducked and dived their way to assembling a decent squad, particularly helped by a bunch of our best players coming back from serious injuries. Even then we were a midfielder down, but overall a competitive squad, up there or better than all the other Premiership squads since promotion.

So far, we have lost Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal and Trincao. Hoever looking very likely to go. On the other hand, possible that MGW, Bolla Gomes and Sarkic will provide the replacements.

In other words, squad strength as of today, is broadly similar to last year when the season kicked off, (or at least a few weeks in).

Still lacking that CM to fill in the most obvious gap.

In reality, several other changes are probably on the cards. Adama to go, and several other possibles.

So overall it is still possible for Shi to put together a competitive squad, which is all we can ask for in terms of the team/squad.

The slump from March onwards colours everyone's thinking, but the mistakes of January were severely compounded by injuries to some of our best players in Podence, Kilman, Semedo and Neves.

The next six weeks will reveal much.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom