Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem like that from how the club is being run. The only odd thing is the continued investment in Wolves as a brand outside of football. If they were planning a sale in the short term then the investment in stuff around fashion and esports doesn't make sense as its not going to quickly add any significant value to the sale price.
They aren’t planning to sell. I reckon they’ll be here in 10 years.

The investment in the brand is because they see profit in the e-sports etc.

The lack of investment in the squad/ground is because (apart from selling players for decent money that you’ve bought for low prices) there is little profit to be made in a football team.

Fosun will spend enough to keep us in the league, that’s it. We may have the odd season we push for Europe, we may have the odd season we flirt with relegation.

They’ve long since worked out that even attempting to crack the top 6 is far too risky financially, which is fine but a bit of a **** take that the ticket prices keep rising at the rate they do.

Coops

Reaction score
So flogging off half their retail gets them 250-300m. Think they need 600-700 to get out of the amount of debt whereby they don’t have to save/sell 4m for every 1 they spend.
So no, can’t see them splashing cash yet, might be just enough to register some of the frees.
The debt itself isn’t the problem, it’s being able to keep repayments on it that’s the problem.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is the all action box to box midfielder?
Palininha is the intelligent does the simple stuff midfielder?

We all know what goes down better on here.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
100% Nunes as he offers something we don't have in midfield and that is someone who can break and carry the ball from centre midfield...

Nunes and Neves in midfield would be the dream...
Does neves and nunes work as a midfield pairing. I can see how palinha and nunes works, one does the breaking up of play, the other brings it forwards, just interested to see if having potentially neves and nunes works in terms of going to a back 4. Do they offer enough coverage to do so. I do suspect it will be nunes instead of neves though

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
100% Nunes as he offers something we don't have in midfield and that is someone who can break and carry the ball from centre midfield...

I doubt it will be Nunes and Neves. Donk or Moutinho will be the ball winner. Seems good timing that news of Barca easing their financial problems coincides with rumours of us spending a wedge.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem like that from how the club is being run. The only odd thing is the continued investment in Wolves as a brand outside of football. If they were planning a sale in the short term then the investment in stuff around fashion and esports doesn't make sense as its not going to quickly add any significant value to the sale price.
They have made it clear that they are looking for a co-owner.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Fulham look favourites to sign Palhinha.. Fulham have agreed a £15million fee for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha, 26, who is also a target for Wolves.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May well be right, either because they've taken us as far as makes economic sense, or because of a change of national strategy. Basically the same as Morgan's (or even Hayward's) later days, keep us ticking over and hope someone comes along. The levels are so much higher, but the feeling of drift is similar. Sadly the list of people with the money to buy them out is neither long, nor inviting.
Theyre trying to find the golden fish in a puddle, we are a very attractive proposition but we are saddled with the funding need (stadium) that a new owner will have to pay significantly for.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt it will be Nunes and Neves. Donk or Moutinho will be the ball winner. Seems good timing that news of Barca easing their financial problems coincides with rumours of us spending a wedge.

Doncks tackling stats are abysmal.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Weirdly, I’m not so sure it’s that clear cut. Palhinha is the kind of player which would enable greater tactical flexibility even without a Nunes type player. Palhinha is like a Donk on steroids, and would enable the whole team to play a little more attacking. We’ve seen in glimpses that when we play like that, we look pretty good and with in form forwards, we’d score goals. Nunes alone would help, but unless paired with a Palhinha, could find himself with little support when he makes a breaking run.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham look favourites to sign Palhinha.. Fulham have agreed a £15million fee for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Palhinha, 26, who is also a target for Wolves.

For that price we should have been snapping him up

Still need to sign 2 CM assuming neves leaves

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hey look, its Botman/Sanches again, we really bid, honestly.

I have that feeling too. But I’m not sure it’s so much that the club is just creating rumours to keep fans excited or happy. I think the Botman/Sanches debacle was caused by our inability to sell Traore for the sums we hoped. I think history is repeating itself with Neves.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even, and I stress the word EVEN if we get Nunes and keep Neves, we still need Palinha (or a similar player).

That way we always have options if one is injured.

Palinha plays the destroyer with either Nunes or Neves the creator (in different ways)

Neves can play the DCM if Palinha is out, he can also play ACM if Nunes is out

Or play all 3.

I still smell diversionary bull**** tactics though.
I have been very tolerant and balanced in my view of the club going back 40+ years. I find myself very distrustful of the current regime despite them presiding over the most successful spell in decades.

It's going to need to be a stellar window to win me over, I think.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
They aren’t planning to sell. I reckon they’ll be here in 10 years.

The investment in the brand is because they see profit in the e-sports etc.

The lack of investment in the squad/ground is because (apart from selling players for decent money that you’ve bought for low prices) there is little profit to be made in a football team.

Fosun will spend enough to keep us in the league, that’s it. We may have the odd season we push for Europe, we may have the odd season we flirt with relegation.

They’ve long since worked out that even attempting to crack the top 6 is far too risky financially, which is fine but a bit of a **** take that the ticket prices keep rising at the rate they do.
Totally agree with this, all the signals are that they are in it for the long term. They started Fosun Sports Group added to the business with Wolves records and e-sports etc. and Jeff said in the latest Ask Wolves the plan is to float FSG on the stock market in the future. If while saying this they're really underhandedly trying to sell us, it is quite a rouse.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He wont want to play in the championship next year, 5 yr contract or not.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"£15m deal for Bruno Lage's preferred Ruben Neves replacement"
If he's Lages prefered Neves replacement and we dont spend what is really a bargain fee on him, I presume its because Neves is staying...
Because surely they would back Lage wouldnt they?
Or is this a case of "If he wants him, but I dont want him, we dont sign him"?
Having said that, I'd certainly be happy with Nunes, who I think will add something we dont currently have.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it very hard to understand the steady stream of cheap criticism and jibes aimed at Fosun on this thread and across the whole of The Mix.

Yes, the back end of last season was disappointing and yes, this is a big summer for us, but how some can believe that they are really a bunch of clowns is completely beyond me.

We are a football club enjoying its first sustained period of top flight football after decades in the wilderness. This was delivered under Fosun’s ownership.

And yet... they don’t know what they’re doing?

Staggering and laughable, in equal measure.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are they selling Palhinha so cheap?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is saying we have arrived on the scene and Palhinha will make a choice soon.

Could we be getting Palhinha and Nunes?
Fulham, as is well known, is not alone: Wolverhampton is still running to try to match the proposal. Even though they still haven't managed to sell Rúben Neves - a transfer that will be made sooner or later and for many millions -, Wolves who, opted for the game of patience with Sporting, are now going to the last attack on Palhinha trying to buy the player before making revenue from sales.

As far as it was possible to ascertain, Marco Silva knows that he still cannot celebrate the signing of the midfielder even if the club already has an agreement with Sporting, because the entry of Wolves on the scene could influence Palhinha's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom